What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (4 Viewers)

12 man PPROrlando gave up:Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.04Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Puerto RicoLas Vegas gave up:Moore, Marlon MIA WRRobiskie, Brian CLE WR :shock:
How come your leagues always have terrible deals? This one is just plain terrible and might be veto worthy.
MIGHT be? Jesus, what IS veto-worthy these days? Only AP for Jamarcus Russell?

Last edited by a moderator:
12 man PPROrlando gave up:Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.04Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Puerto RicoLas Vegas gave up:Moore, Marlon MIA WRRobiskie, Brian CLE WR :shock:
How come your leagues always have terrible deals? This one is just plain terrible and might be veto worthy.
MIGHT be? Jesus, what IS veto-worthy these days? Only AP for Jamarcus Russell?
A new owner in my league traded the 1.5, 1.8, and a 2012 first from the worst team in the league for Michael Bush and Kyle Orton. He went on to cut Bush. I took an fbg poll if it was veto worthy and 60% said no. Just yesterday the same guy gave me DeMarco Murrey for Sammie Sraughter and a 4th. I think he should be removed from the league

I'm just thinking it wouldn't be that far-fetched if this time next year Hillis and Jones are flirting with the waiver wire while Jennings is a hot commodity. Situations change quick and one of the few things you can count on is talent. I think he has the most talent of the three, therefore he's the most desirable player in the deal.

In any case, I certainly think the team getting Manning, Jennings, and a 3rd won that deal by a landslide.
Whether you think Hillis' year was flukely or not, I'd say it would be more than a little far fetched to say he'll be flirting with the waiver wire this year (especially since Hardesty looks like he hasn't recovered from last year's knee surgery). I'd aslo says it would be hard to defend Jennings as a much better talent as well. I think Jennings is a fine runner, but he was a late round pick, so talent evaluators never saw him as elite, and he hasn't shown a real lot at this level yet. What about the way Hillis plays tells you that he has no talent (and by saying he'll be a waiver wire player you're basically saying that).

I'm just thinking it wouldn't be that far-fetched if this time next year Hillis and Jones are flirting with the waiver wire while Jennings is a hot commodity. Situations change quick and one of the few things you can count on is talent. I think he has the most talent of the three, therefore he's the most desirable player in the deal.

In any case, I certainly think the team getting Manning, Jennings, and a 3rd won that deal by a landslide.
Whether you think Hillis' year was flukely or not, I'd say it would be more than a little far fetched to say he'll be flirting with the waiver wire this year (especially since Hardesty looks like he hasn't recovered from last year's knee surgery). I'd aslo says it would be hard to defend Jennings as a much better talent as well. I think Jennings is a fine runner, but he was a late round pick, so talent evaluators never saw him as elite, and he hasn't shown a real lot at this level yet. What about the way Hillis plays tells you that he has no talent (and by saying he'll be a waiver wire player you're basically saying that).
I think Hillis absolutely has talent, but I place much of his success last year on the shoulders of that excellent offensive line in Cleveland. I agree that Hillis' competition for carries is weak so in all likelihood he should be expected to get similar work this year. My concerns are his ability to hold up for another 16 games (which he didn't really do last year) and his need for that offensive line to stay intact. It's a purely subjective view, so you may have lower levels of risk assigned to those factors than I do. To me he screams 'sell while you can' but I understand others may have less concern.When I singled out Jennings as the most talented, I mean that in the sense that he appears to be less situation-dependent than Hillis or Jones. I understand his draft position was low, but he's a small school guy and I think we all know by now those guys don't get the benefit of the doubt in the early rounds of the NFL draft very often. I could see Jennings still being productive even with MJD around and can easily see him being the next hot RB that goes to another team for a 3 year run of success à la Michael Turner.

This season, sure, Hillis is basically a lock to outscore Jennings. However I don't see him having as big a year as I think Jennings could have down the line. Deciding which path to take (good year now vs. possible great year later) may entirely depend on the makeup of your squad. For some units Hillis is perfect, for others Jennings is perfect. But in a vaccuum like this forum, I still take the guy I see having a higher ceiling.

EDIT: I didn't realize Brandon Jackson had signed with the Browns. He's no world beater, but certainly capable of putting up numbers behind that line.

Is there anything behind the statement that Jennings is more talented besides the fact that Hillis is white? Hillis already had a great season, and Jennings was a 7th round pick who is yet to top 500 yards rushing. A good player, but Hillis is more talented.

Is there anything behind the statement that Jennings is more talented besides the fact that Hillis is white? Hillis already had a great season, and Jennings was a 7th round pick who is yet to top 500 yards rushing. A good player, but Hillis is more talented.
Really? I shouldn't even justify you with an answer for bringing race into this. Yes, there is something more to it. I watched both play and find Jennings to have superior vision, instincts, and ability to elude hits. I don't care how many yards he's had thus far in his career; I care how many he may have going forward. The past is only a small indicator of the future to me. Perhaps it's bigger for you. That's why we don't all own the same players.

Are you saying that Jennings could have put up 1700 total yards and 13 TDs in Cleveland last year?
Yes I am. That offensive line is one of the best in football.I've given my reasoning here. You can do with it what you wish. Time for the discussion to fade so the thread can get back on track.

12-Team Dynasty w/ PPR

Start 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FX

Team A:

Michael Vick

Dez Bryant

Team B:

Arian Foster

Jason Witten

David Hawthorne

'JEWMAH9701 said:
12-Team Dynasty w/ PPRStart 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FXTeam A:Michael VickDez BryantTeam B:Arian FosterJason WittenDavid Hawthorne
I have Bryant on my team, and I am a fan. But no way would I give up Foster and Witten for Vick and Bryant.

'JEWMAH9701 said:
12-Team Dynasty w/ PPRStart 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FXTeam A:Michael VickDez BryantTeam B:Arian FosterJason WittenDavid Hawthorne
I have Bryant on my team, and I am a fan. But no way would I give up Foster and Witten for Vick and Bryant.
:shrug: seems even to me.
I know that injury is a risk that all these players face. But to me, Vick's playing style lends itself to a shorter career.

12 team ppr

Team A Gets

Adrian Peterson & Toby Gerhart

Team B Gets

Ahmad Bradshaw

Cedric Benson

2 2012 1st round picks

2013 1st round pick

12 team pprTeam A GetsAdrian Peterson & Toby GerhartTeam B GetsAhmad BradshawCedric Benson2 2012 1st round picks2013 1st round pick
If team B has ADP and little else it's a great trade for him. That's actually quite a haul.2 starters and 3 1st rd picks spread over 2 yrs. If he packages a pick with a player, he could find another upgrade and still have 2 good picks in his pocket.ETA: I'm not a Gerhart believer either. I would be surprised if he got more than 50% of the carries if ADP were unavailable. He just looks like fools gold to me.

12 team pprTeam A GetsAdrian Peterson & Toby GerhartTeam B GetsAhmad BradshawCedric Benson2 2012 1st round picks2013 1st round pick
If team B has ADP and little else it's a great trade for him. That's actually quite a haul.2 starters and 3 1st rd picks spread over 2 yrs. If he packages a pick with a player, he could find another upgrade and still have 2 good picks in his pocket.
I disagree but if he's in rebuild and can deal Bradshaw/Benson for additional picks it isn't bad. As it stands, he has two marginal starters for the next year or two and then a few prospects which he hopes pan out. In exchange he gave one of the best players in all of football.

If team B has ADP and little else it's a great trade for him. That's actually quite a haul.2 starters and 3 1st rd picks spread over 2 yrs. If he packages a pick with a player, he could find another upgrade and still have 2 good picks in his pocket.
I disagree but if he's in rebuild and can deal Bradshaw/Benson for additional picks it isn't bad. As it stands, he has two marginal starters for the next year or two and then a few prospects which he hopes pan out. In exchange he gave one of the best players in all of football.
Which part do you disagree with?

'JEWMAH9701 said:
:shrug: seems even to me.
I know that injury is a risk that all these players face. But to me, Vick's playing style lends itself to a shorter career.
I take Vick and Bryant.

Blockbuster deal. 20 team NON PPR.

A gave: LeSean McCoy, DeMarco Murray, JacQuizz Rodgers, Malcolm Jenkins

B gave: Chris Johnson, Greg Little, 2012 3rd

Made the biggest dynasty trade I've made in some time.

I got:

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB

Jennings, Rashad JAC RB

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Little, Greg CLE WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

I gave up:

Best, Jahvid DET RB

Carter, Delone IND RB

Ingram, Mark NOS RB

Marshall, Brandon MIA WR

Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR

Williams, Mike TBB WR

I think I got the best 2 players in Charles and Nicks but he got more depth. What do you guys think?

Made the biggest dynasty trade I've made in some time. I got:Charles, Jamaal KCC RBJennings, Rashad JAC RBJackson, DeSean PHI WRLittle, Greg CLE WRNicks, Hakeem NYG WRI gave up:Best, Jahvid DET RBCarter, Delone IND RBIngram, Mark NOS RBMarshall, Brandon MIA WRSanders, Emmanuel PIT WRWilliams, Mike TBB WRI think I got the best 2 players in Charles and Nicks but he got more depth. What do you guys think?
You killed him.

Made the biggest dynasty trade I've made in some time. I got:Charles, Jamaal KCC RBJennings, Rashad JAC RBJackson, DeSean PHI WRLittle, Greg CLE WRNicks, Hakeem NYG WRI gave up:Best, Jahvid DET RBCarter, Delone IND RBIngram, Mark NOS RBMarshall, Brandon MIA WRSanders, Emmanuel PIT WRWilliams, Mike TBB WRI think I got the best 2 players in Charles and Nicks but he got more depth. What do you guys think?
You killed him.
Not sure how you managed to get Nicks too. Huh.

10 team non PPR I did back to back trades and I think both trades were pretty fair. I am even wondering if I made the right move. I bascically traded pick 1.02 for Roddy White. Those 2 future 1st project out to be picks between 3-5. (It's a near lock they won't be 1 or 2 I believe).

Montana gave up:

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Montana

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Huntington

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Montana

Charleston gave up:

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.02

--------------------------------------------------------

Charleston gave up:

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Montana

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Huntington

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Charleston

Harlem gave up:

White, Roddy ATL WR

12 team PPR 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1d/st,1k, all td 6

Team A traded Brandon Lloyd and 2012 2nd round rookie pick

Team B traded Knowshon Moreno

might have panicked about the Maclin news but just made the following trade

Gave: Maclin, Burress

Got: Miles Austin, Packers D

'Dez said:
10 team non PPR I did back to back trades and I think both trades were pretty fair. I am even wondering if I made the right move. I bascically traded pick 1.02 for Roddy White. Those 2 future 1st project out to be picks between 3-5. (It's a near lock they won't be 1 or 2 I believe).Montana gave up:Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from MontanaYear 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from HuntingtonYear 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from MontanaCharleston gave up:Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.02--------------------------------------------------------Charleston gave up:Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from MontanaYear 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from HuntingtonYear 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from CharlestonHarlem gave up:White, Roddy ATL WR
You won big time. :thumbup:
'pghrob said:
12 team PPR 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1d/st,1k, all td 6Team A traded Brandon Lloyd and 2012 2nd round rookie pickTeam B traded Knowshon Moreno
I wish I could get Lloyd for Moreno in a NON-ppr league. I thought he was going to put it together, but the training camp updates are not positive. :sadbanana:
'Eastwood said:
might have panicked about the Maclin news but just made the following tradeGave: Maclin, BurressGot: Miles Austin, Packers D
A win for you.

In our PPR dynasty we had:Team 1 trade Michael Turner for Team 2's 1.01 which ended up being Mark Ingram.
Ingram in a landside.
I'm not arguing with you, but do you really think a landslide? Turner you know what you're getting, a feature back who won't catch passes. Is Ingram, even though he's been a camp stud, going to be sharing the way that everyone else in NO has?

In our PPR dynasty we had:Team 1 trade Michael Turner for Team 2's 1.01 which ended up being Mark Ingram.
Ingram in a landside.
I'm not arguing with you, but do you really think a landslide? Turner you know what you're getting, a feature back who won't catch passes. Is Ingram, even though he's been a camp stud, going to be sharing the way that everyone else in NO has?
Two years of production vs 6-8 years of production. Plus it's PPR. Yes, a landslide. Caused by a tsunami. Triggered by an earthquake.Saints have shared the way they have in the past because that was the talent level of the guys available. That will end.

Ingram in a landside.
You don't know what you're getting with Turner. Thomas Jones or Larry Johnson.

'thriftyrocker said:
'forbidden doughnut said:
'Dez said:
'forbidden doughnut said:
Ingram in a landside.
You don't know what you're getting with Turner. Thomas Jones or Larry Johnson.
Look at the age. Ingran usually goes in the 2nd round of a start up while Turner goes in the 5th or 6th.The only way this trade would even make any sense is if the guy getting Turner is 1 RB away from a title but then again Ingram might score just about as much as him anyway then the trade would really look awful.Age age age...very important especially for RB's.

12 team PPR

Gave: Moreno

Got: Reggie Bush, 2012 1st and 3rd rounder (should be top half)

Already had Daniel Thomas, Ryan Williams, Steven Jackson and Spiller at RB so could afford to throw in the towel on Moreno.

12 team, 1 PPR for RB WR, 1.5 PPR TE

Start Q R W W T + 3 flex RWT

xxxxx gave up:

Stafford, Matthew DET QB

Best, Jahvid DET RB

Scheffler, Tony DET TE

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from xxxxx

Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from xxxxx

Fighting Couch Potatoes D3 gave up:

Bradford, Sam STL QB

Bush, Reggie MIA RB

Tamme, Jacob IND TE

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Fighting Couch Potatoes D3

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Fighting Couch Potatoes D3

Just traded Steven Jackson and Manningham for the 1.1 . Manningham was kind of a throw in as he was on the borderline of keepers.

Now I have to decide if I go BPA (Green) or need (Ingram). I'm totally stocked at WR (Fitz, Bowe, Wallace, VJax, Marshall) and somewhat at RB (Ray Rice, Mendy, BJGE and Spiller). It's a start 2 RB, 3WR 1 FLEX so I like being deep at WR.

Leaning towards Green then hoping for Helu or Vereen at 1.09.

Two trades in my league:

Big Ragus traded:

Dez Bryant - for - Hakeem Nicks

(2nd trade)

Big Ragus traded:

Anquan Boldin, Felix Jones and Chad Henne - for - Mark Sanchez, Joseph Addai and James Jones.

Just traded Steven Jackson and Manningham for the 1.1 . Manningham was kind of a throw in as he was on the borderline of keepers.Now I have to decide if I go BPA (Green) or need (Ingram). I'm totally stocked at WR (Fitz, Bowe, Wallace, VJax, Marshall) and somewhat at RB (Ray Rice, Mendy, BJGE and Spiller). It's a start 2 RB, 3WR 1 FLEX so I like being deep at WR.Leaning towards Green then hoping for Helu or Vereen at 1.09.
Still feeling that Manningham is a throw in, with S. Smith going to the Eagles?

Just traded Steven Jackson and Manningham for the 1.1 . Manningham was kind of a throw in as he was on the borderline of keepers.Now I have to decide if I go BPA (Green) or need (Ingram). I'm totally stocked at WR (Fitz, Bowe, Wallace, VJax, Marshall) and somewhat at RB (Ray Rice, Mendy, BJGE and Spiller). It's a start 2 RB, 3WR 1 FLEX so I like being deep at WR.Leaning towards Green then hoping for Helu or Vereen at 1.09.
Still feeling that Manningham is a throw in, with S. Smith going to the Eagles?
Yup, he still wasn't on my keeper list. No matter how I look at it, he didn't make the cut.

Made 6 trades during/around the draft (12 team league/rosters and starters in sig), three time defending champ with solid roster. Due to cap and other concerns, roster is tight - only have room for 2 offensive rookies and I had a slew of picks (9, including #1, 2, 11, and 13), so I was looking for as many "2 or more B's for an A" as I could.

Gave MJD for a 2012 1st, 2nd, 3rd (couldn't keep him due to cap concerns)

Gave 1.02 (Ingram was 1), my first for 2012 (hopefully last pick), Beanie Wells for Ray Rice

Gave 1.11, 2.12, 3.11 for 2012 likely early 1st (team had early first this year)

Gave that early 2012 first and Alex Green for Jamaal Charles from a team in rebuild mode

Gave Greg Little and a likely mid-round 3rd for Jason Witten

Gave Vincent Brown and Dion Lewis for Randall Cobb

Users who are viewing this thread