What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Hot Stove & Capella's Fabulous Cornhole Thread (2 Viewers)

So is this Yordana Ventura the real deal?
Triple digit heater. Nice curve. Change needs work. In line for the 5th spot. No idea how many innings they'll let him toss.
The GM has said he can go 200 innings. Watching him pitch against a good Rangers line-up right and he's mowing through it pretty effectively. A lot of bad swings.
I'll take the under on every prediction that Dayton Moore ever makes

Triple digit heater. Nice curve. Change needs work. In line for the 5th spot. No idea how many innings they'll let him toss.
The GM has said he can go 200 innings. Watching him pitch against a good Rangers line-up right and he's mowing through it pretty effectively. A lot of bad swings.
Taking the under on 200 innings is definitely always the smart play, but barring a collapse he's pretty much locked up a rotation spot out of Spring Training and looks ready to run with it.

Taking the under on 200 innings is definitely always the smart play, but barring a collapse he's pretty much locked up a rotation spot out of Spring Training and looks ready to run with it.
They named him the 5th starter tonight.

Rotoworld Baseball ‏@Rotoworld_BB 27m

Yordano Ventura named Royals' fifth starter - Yordano Ventura | KC http://dlvr.it/59Tzy7

Bruce Chen and Jeremy Guthrie :rolleyes:

I'm curious to see how deep Ventura throws into games. The organization limited his pitch counts in Omaha last year. Young hard throwers who haven't polished their command also tend to get deep into counts, which will reduce his IP and opportunities for wins.

dparker713 said:
Anarchy99 said:
So what are Drew's and Morales plans for this summer? Disney with the family?
Sign after the draft (June I think) when there will be no draft pick compensation to sign them anymore.
Opening Day is a big milestone. If they sign a 1 year deal afterwards they can't be given a QO next season.
Would probably mean even less money for the player. Since the team would still be giving up a draft pick yet not able to extend a QO and potentially get back a draft pick next offseason.

Were the player's union just caught off guard on how this would evolve? Costing these "free agents" millions.

Anarchy99 said:
So what are Drew's and Morales plans for this summer? Disney with the family?
Sign after the draft (June I think) when there will be no draft pick compensation to sign them anymore.
No incentive to sign now. They are being offered peanuts and they will just be in the same position next offseason. May actually get better offers after the draft when teams don't have to worry about losing a pick and perhaps more teams that are depleted by injury.

Chapman has a broken face, fractures around his eye and nose. Broxton or Marshall healthy enough to close yet in the short term?

ETA: If not, J.J. Hoover looks next in line

Last edited by a moderator:
Chapman has a broken face, fractures around his eye and nose. Broxton or Marshall healthy enough to close yet in the short term?

ETA: If not, J.J. Hoover looks next in line
Kremchek says a metal plate will be inserted in the bone and will remain there permanently. He says Chapman has a very mild concussion but no other brain injury and no injury to his eye.

Reds manager Bryan Price says Chapman was "feeling better, awake and able to communicate."

"I'm optimistic he'll be on the mend and following the process as we get more familiar with the injury itself, hopefully see him here pretty soon," Price said, adding that he's not "focusing on situation with bullpen right now."
Sucks about the plate, but good news that he's going to be fine and only suffered a "very mild" concussion.

I'm curious to see how deep Ventura throws into games. The organization limited his pitch counts in Omaha last year. Young hard throwers who haven't polished their command also tend to get deep into counts, which will reduce his IP and opportunities for wins.
I saw that he threw 150 innings last season...would a 30 inning jump be too much or about right?

I saw that he threw 150 innings last season...would a 30 inning jump be too much or about right?
30-35 IP increase seems to be the current conventional wisdom, although Gerrit Cole jumped 54 IP last year including the playoffs.

Pitchers have increased workload by more than that since the days of Silver King without a second thought. Pitchers can get injured in their first start or their 35th. I think a lot will depend on where the Royals stand in August. This is kind of a circular argument because an effective rotation is probably the biggest factor in determining whether KC can contend.

30-35 IP increase seems to be the current conventional wisdom, although Gerrit Cole jumped 54 IP last year including the playoffs.

Pitchers have increased workload by more than that since the days of Silver King without a second thought. Pitchers can get injured in their first start or their 35th. I think a lot will depend on where the Royals stand in August. This is kind of a circular argument because an effective rotation is probably the biggest factor in determining whether KC can contend.
Thanks!

I know it's just Spring Training but if you can catch highlight of him from Monday's game it is well worth it...he looked so sick in that game.

Bruce Chen and Jeremy Guthrie :rolleyes: I'm curious to see how deep Ventura throws into games. The organization limited his pitch counts in Omaha last year. Young hard throwers who haven't polished their command also tend to get deep into counts, which will reduce his IP and opportunities for wins.

Thanks!

I know it's just Spring Training but if you can catch highlight of him from Monday's game it is well worth it...he looked so sick in that game.
His stat line was impressive. 73 pitches through 6 IP. 5 of his 6 SOs were against major league hitters. No walks (but he hit a batter and had a balk).

Guys who combine strikeouts and ground outs are my favorite type of pitcher. If you can get him cheaply, this may be the last year you can do it. But remember he's still a Royal and things seldom go as planned.

Justin Turner will get the start at 2B against a LHP in the Dodgers' opener

Yasiel Puig RF

Justin Turner 2B

Hanley Ramirez SS

Adrian Gonzalez 1B (L)

Scott Van Slyke LF

Juan Uribe 3B

Andre Ethier CF (L)

A.J. Ellis C

Clayton Kershaw P (L)

I guess $225M doesn't go as far as it used to.

Put a fork in this thread. Pin the regular season thread.

it is a crime against myself to refuse to close / delete this thread when it's new sole purpose is to make hurtful comments about myself. If you want to talk about off-season baseball transactions which was the original purpose of this thread, fine. But from here on out know that any comments you make are hurtful towards myself and my life and are causing me stress in my personal life.
This is your last warning

they are my bros who lives on sanibel.my wife and I are visiting and he has 6 fix but only the 4 of us ate going.

not sure the tix are still available but they were as of an hour ago

Put a fork in this thread. Pin the regular season thread.

it is a crime against myself to refuse to close / delete this thread when it's new sole purpose is to make hurtful comments about myself. If you want to talk about off-season baseball transactions which was the original purpose of this thread, fine. But from here on out know that any comments you make are hurtful towards myself and my life and are causing me stress in my personal life.
This is your last warning
Sorry. Geez.

Users who are viewing this thread