What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Indianapolis Colts Offeason Thread (1 Viewer)

donkshow

Footballguy
Step 1: Draft OL

Step 2: Fix the defense

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Super Bowl

Last edited by a moderator:
In order of importance:OLSAFETYDTWR
Absolutely. Avery is a UFA, but since the Colts gave him a legit chance after his injuries, it'd be nice to see him return the favor and re-sign. Wayne, Hilton, Avery, Fleener, Allen, Brazill is OK going into next season.

Who starts at RB? I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I think Brown > Ballard. That's not saying much, though. I'm not impressed with Ballard. I suspect this will be a fruitless (for fantasy purposes) RBBC.

Who starts at RB? I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I think Brown > Ballard. That's not saying much, though. I'm not impressed with Ballard. I suspect this will be a fruitless (for fantasy purposes) RBBC.
The bes tthing about improving the OL is it should give positives to both the passing & running games, even with the same talent coming back.

I want a new RB, personally. I'd rather platoon a big play threat (like Chris Ivory, for example) with one of those two grinders.Improving the OLine is most important and will help their running game by default.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a new RB, personally. I'd rather platoon a big play threat (like Chris Ivory, for example) with one of those two grinders.Improving the OLine is most important and will help their running game by default.
I know Ivory broke an impressive long run once or twice this year, but honestly Brown is more of a big play threat than him. Brown has disappointed most of his career but he's a burner. I suspect he is much faster than Ivory in a straight line. He just can't seem to stay healthy and doesn't put up much of a stat line if he doesn't hit a long run.If I was an Indy fan, I'd want a new RB, too. But there are just so many holes on that team that I can't see it happening. Brown will be an unrestricted FA after this season so you'll probably get your wish in 2014.

I'm not sold on Avery. He benefitted from Wayne in the other side. I'd like to see what the draft and FA bring with regards to the positions I mentioned above along with RB.

I have to say, I am pretty happy with Ballard. He plays mad and with an O-line upgrade, will be good. Plus I think the team is high on him. I would like to see the Colts add a speed back maybe from a small school ala Charles to complement Ballard. That may be a year away, however.

Oh I am more than happy with Avery not returning, but figured he'd be cheap for a WR3.

I know Ivory broke an impressive long run once or twice this year, but honestly Brown is more of a big play threat than him. Brown has disappointed most of his career but he's a burner. I suspect he is much faster than Ivory in a straight line. He just can't seem to stay healthy and doesn't put up much of a stat line if he doesn't hit a long run.If I was an Indy fan, I'd want a new RB, too. But there are just so many holes on that team that I can't see it happening. Brown will be an unrestricted FA after this season so you'll probably get your wish in 2014.
But he's always produced when given an opportunity. He'd be nowhere near my #1 choice, just that he'd be an option I'd consider to platoon with Ballard and he's certainly shown the speed and capability to break big plays. I've never been a Brown fan though I like Ballard and felt he kept getting better each game and with an improved OLine I'd be curious to see him next season.

I'll add that who we hire as Arians replacement is important too. I'd love to see Norv Turner as he would be good for Luck. I'm worried they'd promote Christiansen and I don't think he is ready. I think Norv would help him too. Not to mention how the TEs would benefit. Thoughts?

I'll add that who we hire as Arians replacement is important too. I'd love to see Norv Turner as he would be good for Luck. I'm worried they'd promote Christiansen and I don't think he is ready. I think Norv would help him too. Not to mention how the TEs would benefit. Thoughts?
Ugh, I guess being a Mathews and Gates owner this year kind of soured me on Turner. I began to wonder if the game is starting to pass him by - as in he's just not adapting. I know his o-line was bad, but it's not like it's going to be good in Indy.He could be a good OC who just lost the team as a HC in SD. Maybe a bit like Wade Phillips with the Dallas to Houston transition, but as a Houston fan I think that is a bit overblown. The previous DC was totally inept and Wade got massive upgrades in Daniel Manning, Jonathan Joseph, Brooks Reed, and JJ Watt, not to mention Cushing somehow rebounded from a sophomore slump and Barwin was back from injury. But the point is that he looks washed up, but maybe that's just due to being an inept head coach. Maybe he's still got it, but his use of Rivers, Mathews, and Gates would not have me excited if I were an Indy fan. I think Norv would be a big step down from Arians.

I can buy these arguments. I was way down on SD this season as I didn't trust Mathews and thought Gates was slowing down. I've never liked Rivers and think Norv made him better than I thought he was. Plus I think AJ Smith is an egomaniac and killed their offense with letting VJAX go. It was just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread