What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (1 Viewer)

Thrifty not sure i understand your post. Feel like I upgraded at RB and QB, and he upgraded at WR.
Locker is not an upgrade over much of anyone. At best it is a push because Eli is a low ceiling/high floor player. But I'd rank Eli far above Locker personally and I'd find a better time to flip him. Would rather have a 2014 3rd than Locker if push comes to shove because that pick could be Manziel or Mariota next year. Doubt you get a 3rd for Locker.

EtA: Man, my bad on reading comprehension, missed who got the got and who gave the gave. Yes you upgraded at RB and QB. He should have upgraded at QB and WR to make it fairer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thrifty not sure i understand your post. Feel like

I upgraded at RB and QB, and he upgraded at WR.
Locker is not an upgrade over much of anyone. At best it is a push because Eli is a low ceiling/high floor player. But I'd rank Eli far above Locker personally and I'd find a better time to flip him. Would rather have a 2014 3rd than Locker if push comes to shove because that pick could be Manziel or Mariota next year. Doubt you get a 3rd for Locker.
IMO a guy like Locker isn't even rosterable in a 12 team start 1 QB league, and honestly Eli isn't much better -- QB is so deep that there's just no market for decent backup types (Eli) let alone a flyer type like Jake Locker.

That said, I'd easily take the Morris side here.

I like going from Morris to Bell...
Really? That's surprising to me. Give me the Redskins all-time leader in yards/season.
Well it's not an opportune time to promote Bell. I think they are similar players. If you can get a big plus on the side orders it's worth trading off "seen him do it" for "draft pedigree." When I did it early this summer I got Vereen and Jeffery out of it, so I think I won the side orders a little more handily than the Bell side in Justin's trade.

Obv there are some people who think Morris is going to be a starting RB for 4 to 6 years and I am not one of those people.

Morris is going no where. Shanny LOVES him. He is also amazingly humble and hard working. Unless he gets injured, you are looking at the skins starting RB until he breaks down.

IMO a guy like Locker isn't even rosterable in a 12 team start 1 QB league, and honestly Eli isn't much better -- QB is so deep that there's just no market for decent backup types (Eli) let alone a flyer type like Jake Locker.
The market for Eli is limited. However he offers a lot of security as a backup and allows you to trade high on other players. Roster flexibility. There will always be a better time to sell him. Wait for him to play PHI this year for example.

Morris is going no where. Shanny LOVES him. He is also amazingly humble and hard working. Unless he gets injured, you are looking at the skins starting RB until he breaks down.
:goodposting:

This isn't Ryan Torain having a few good games; Morris ran for 1600 yards (!) and that doesn't happen by accident. He's legit.

One or two more disclaimers and I might fully agree. Awesome ride, though. That was a great story about his car.

One or two more disclaimers and I might fully agree. Awesome ride, though. That was a great story about his car.
Is he more likely to get injured than any other heavy workload RB in the NFL?
Every RB is an injury risk. He is more likely to lose his job by getting injured. He is more likely to lose dynasty value when he gets injured due to the perceived risk he will lose his job by getting injured. His current market value is less fungible due to the perceived risk he will lose his job by getting injured. This is an obvious argument on both side so I hesitate to contribute.

Every RB is an injury risk. He is more likely to lose his job by getting injured. He is more likely to lose dynasty value when he gets injured due to the perceived risk he will lose his job by getting injured. His current market value is less fungible due to the perceived risk he will lose his job by getting injured. This is an obvious argument on both side so I hesitate to contribute.
I agree, but I personally feel I am finding value in this perception. If the hobby saw Morris coming, he'd be much more valuable than he is today. If Bell, Lacy, Ball, or Gio run for 1,400+ yards and 10+ TDs - they'll be tier 1 dynasty players this time next year.

He's not as safe as McCoy, Spiller, Peterson, Richardson - guys with universally agreed upon talent levels - but he doesn't demand those prices, either. It's rare to find a 24 YO RB with more redraft value than dynasty value. I feel I am getting a discount, then, in dynasty formats.

He doesn't need to start for 4-6 years for me to get value. One more top 5-7 season, and he will have been worth more than most LeVeon Bell model players prove to be throughout their careers.

Morris is going no where. Shanny LOVES him.

He is also amazingly humble and hard working. Unless he gets injured, you are looking at the skins starting RB until he breaks down.
One or two more disclaimers and I might fully

agree. Awesome ride, though. That was a great story about his car.
Is he more likely to get injured than any other heavy workload RB in the NFL?
Every RB is an injury risk. He is more likely to lose his job by getting injured. He is more likely to lose dynasty value when he gets injured due to the perceived risk he will lose his job by

getting injured. His current market value is less fungible due to the perceived risk he will lose his job by getting injured. This is an obvious argument on both side so I hesitate to contribute.
OK I'm with you there then. I don't generally worry as much about market value on guys that I'm content to just ride, but see the other side also. And Morris' trade value is absolutely lagging behind the actual value he provided on the field last year. I've been trying (unsuccessfully thus far) to buy him this offseason for this reason -- think I'm too late. His owners are convinced at this point or if they weren't, they mostly sold him off early last year.

It's rare to find a 24 YO RB with more redraft value than dynasty value. I feel I am getting a discount, then, in dynasty formats.
Ironically both RBs fit this criteria.

Bell's FFCalculator ADP: 33 DLF ADP: 50

Morris' FFCalculator ADP: 11 DLF ADP: 16
[SIZE=10.5pt]I don't know how ironic it is. I should have clarified within position, as ADP is always going to be greatly shifted towards RBs in redraft formats. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]ETA: Morris is going later than 16 in the PPR startups I see. If that (16) is his actual ADP, my perception of his market value could be off, and it's higher than I thought. Or, higher than it is in my collection of leagues, at least. [/SIZE]

Well my opening point was that they are similar guys. Maybe it was Morissettian irony.

Bell FFC RB21 DLF RB23

Morris FFC RB10 DLF RB9

Their value is higher in redraft because we assume workload.

Bell is interchangeable with Lacy, Ball, and Bernard in dynasty but a round+ higher in redraft because the workload is more guaranteed.

Well my opening point was that they are similar guys. Maybe it was Morissettian irony.

Bell FFC RB21 DLF RB23

Morris FFC RB10 DLF RB9

Their value is higher in redraft because we assume workload.

Bell is interchangeable with Lacy, Ball, and Bernard in dynasty but a round+ higher in redraft because the workload is more guaranteed.
I personally don't see them as that similar, and I was pretty high on Bell during the college season. I know what Morris can do in the very situation he's currently in. Even after assuming Bell gets a lion's share - I'll have to wait and see with him and his.

I upgraded at RB and QB, and he upgraded at WR.
IMO a guy like Locker isn't even rosterable in a 12 team start 1 QB league, and honestly Eli isn't much better -- QB is so deep that there's just no market for decent backup types (Eli) let alone a flyer type like Jake Locker.That said, I'd easily take the Morris side here.
In redraft Locker should be on waivers in dynasty he gets one more year before he gets the Gabbert treatment. I love the Morris side

I upgraded at RB and QB, and he upgraded at

WR.
Locker is not an upgrade over much of anyone. At best it is a push because Eli is a low ceiling/high floor player. But I'd rank Eli far above Locker personally and I'd find a better

time to flip him. Would rather have a 2014 3rd than Locker if push comes to shove because that pick could be Manziel or Mariota next year. Doubt you get a 3rd for Locker.
IMO a guy like Locker isn't even rosterable in a 12 team start 1 QB league, and honestly Eli isn't

much better -- QB is so deep that there's just no market for decent backup types (Eli) let alone a flyer type like Jake Locker.

That said, I'd easily take the Morris side here.
In redraft Locker should be on waivers in dynasty he gets one more year before he gets the Gabbert treatment. I love the Morris side
Disagree that Locker (or Ponder, Gabbert, Weeden, Bradford, insert young non-running QB here) is remotely rosterable in a typical 1QB dynasty league. The reasonable upside on those dudes is to roughly be Eli Manning in a worse situation -- those roster spots are much better spent cycling through RB / WR flyers hoping to have something stick as opposed to tying down a spot on a Locker for going on 3 years now hoping he'll develop into a 3500 / 25 QB who you'll never be happy starting anyway.

I traded away Stafford for Romo and AP to the resident Lions fan. 12 team ppr, 1QB, keep 15. The league went ballistic at the lopsidedness of the trade. Quits were threatened. What yall think?

10 team Superflex non-PPR league.

Team A traded

Aaron Rodgers

Jermichael Finley

to Team B for

Tom Brady

Jimmy Graham

Prior to the trade, I viewed these teams as being grouped together as the 3rd and 4th best teams in the league, close to contending but a bit behind the top two teams.

Thoughts?

Team A traded

Aaron Rodgers

Jermichael Finley

to Team B for

Tom Brady

Jimmy Graham

Prior to the trade, I viewed these teams as being grouped together as the 3rd and 4th best teams in the league, close to contending but a bit behind the top two teams.

Thoughts?
I like the Graham side. I think the edge he gives you over the average starting TE is bigger than the edge you'd get from Rodgers.

That's especially true in a 10 team league. Almost every team should be starting somebody like Peyton, Luck, Brees, Romo, Newton, RG3, Ryan, or Brady.

ghostguy123 said:
D. Thomas, Cecil Shorts

for

Greg Jennings, James Jones, and Big Ben

I threw up in my mouth a little when I seen it
I am a proponent of "getting your guy" but I don't see how anyone would want Greg, James, Ben over DT or Shorts (much less both). Would be interested in the rational of the one giving up DT/Shorts.
I will try to shine light on the subject but I am not in this league so I am guessing. My husband loves dynasty leagues and finally talked his buddy into trying one, he did all redrafts until this league. Earlier this year he joined this dynasty league with 2 vacant teams and they did dispersal draft. The team trading DT, and Shorts was the other new owner, and also found out about the league from the guy he was traded with. From what I hear 3 owners have already threatened to leave if the trade isn't over turned and the new owner is replaced. My husband's friend hasn't made any of the demands but he says he will leave the league on the Monday before the season starts if nothing happens.
I don't have a problem with it being overturned but throwing the guy out seems too much.
A new owner.....collusion rght away????..... I did the same thing in a league and I overturned a deal and kicked the new guy out......replaced him, and everything is fine.

And if it wasn't collusion, the guy is simply too stupid to be in a legit league.
That is what I was thinking, I would like to know if he made any trades when they took these teams over back in January, I would also like to see what his roster is now. Next time my husband's buddy comes over I will try to get him to bring up the league page.

nosaj73 said:
I traded away Stafford for Romo and AP to the resident Lions fan. 12 team ppr, 1QB, keep 15. The league went ballistic at the lopsidedness of the trade. Quits were threatened. What yall think?
Damn, new deals keep popping up making me change my sig. I haven't even gotten around to putting up the previous few worst deals. This one:.........worst yet. Will change my Sig when I get to a computer. Good god. That needs reversed ASAP.

EBF said:
Just Win Baby said:

Team A traded

Aaron Rodgers

Jermichael Finley

to Team B for

Tom Brady

Jimmy Graham

Thoughts?
I like the Graham side. I think the edge he gives you over the average starting TE is bigger than the edge you'd get from Rodgers.

That's especially true in a 10 team league. Almost every team should be starting somebody like Peyton, Luck, Brees, Romo, Newton, RG3, Ryan, or Brady.
Note that it is a Superflex league, so 20 QBs, or close to it, are typically started.

12 Team, 24 man rosters + 4 man Taxi/IR

Team A Gives: 2014 3rd

Team B Gives: Quinton Patton

Team B needed to clear out an extra roster spot or two, and team A had two 2014 3rds (the 3rd he traded was the 3.10 this year)

nosaj73 said:
Yep. If the commish didn't step in and veto this ... or at least put it to league vote, I would quit too. Absolutely so one-sided it comes under the collusion category. At least from the outside looking in.

Don't take my response personal, you asked ;)

nosaj73 said:
Yep. If the commish didn't step in and veto this ... or at least put it to league vote, I would quit too. Absolutely so one-sided it comes under the collusion category. At least from the outside looking in.Don't take my response personal, you asked ;)
If you like the league, how could you accept this trade? I am not attacking you by the way, I am serious. If I was offered a trade that one sided I would go back to the owner and say I do like and want those guys but here how about this, my offer would still be in my favor but not to this extent. I like my dynasty league and wouldn't want to piss off the other teams.

I would have offered a Frank Gore or something like that back.

Dr. Octopus said:
nosaj73 said:
I can see why he basically gave you Peterson for free.
Salary cap league?

Dr. Octopus said:
nosaj73 said:
I can see why he basically gave you Peterson for free.
Salary cap league?
Keep 15 which means he probably isn't keeping Romo after this year. Stafford for AP is still bad though.

Traded lofton and x Rhodes (2 corners start) for olgetree and Jordan reed.

I already have witten and Gonzo so don't really need TE help this year but youth is good and i actually like reed, but not this year.

Team 1 gives:

Gio Bernard

Cordarelle Patterson

Team 2 gives:

DeAndre Hopkins

Eddie Lacy
Interesting all rookie trade, assuming it happened after the rookie draft. I like the Gio/Patt side, but can easily see a case for Hopkins/Lacy side, especially if you need immediate points.

Users who are viewing this thread