What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (3 Viewers)

Not at all sure about ths one I've done, but I was exceptionally weak at RB, have a feeling I'll regret this one.Gave: Ryan WilliamsBritt ReceivedS.JacksonAnybody who feels like making me feel better on this one?

Not at all sure about ths one I've done, but I was exceptionally weak at RB, have a feeling I'll regret this one.Gave: Ryan WilliamsBritt ReceivedS.JacksonAnybody who feels like making me feel better on this one?
Can't say I would trade either of them straight up for SJax, let alone both. Ouch.

Can't say I would trade either of them straight up for SJax, let alone both. Ouch.
Yeah, think I've made a mistake on this one
Especially if he retires.
Yeah that's the thing, with his situation up in the air it's tough to gauge sjax. At the same time, in the right situation I can easily see him being a solid rb2 for another year or two. If you watched him this past year, the guy is still a beast.

Team A gets:Ryan Matthews, RB SDNate Washington, WR TEN2014 4th round pickTeam B gets:Kenny Britt, WR TENMichael Floyd, WR ARI2014 3rd round pickQB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, D/STStandard scoring 1pprBoth teams finished terrible last year (12th and 11th respectively).

ppr start 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/flex(any)/idpThis trade happened earlier, I was not involved.Team A gives:Chris JohnsonTeam B gives:Michael CrabtreeJohnson has 3 years left on contract, Crabtree has 6.

ppr start 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/flex(any)/idpThis trade happened earlier, I was not involved.Team A gives:Chris JohnsonTeam B gives:Michael CrabtreeJohnson has 3 years left on contract, Crabtree has 6.
Crabtree for me. I would take anything I could get for Johnson and this is more than enough

12 Team PPR, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DEF. Was not involved:Team A Gives: Knowshon Moreno/Willis McGahee/Mario Fannin/2.11Team B Gives: 1.03, Greg Little, Vincent BrownLooks like team B proposed the deal. He's been shopping hard to find a more dependable RB1 and a new RB2-3 (Has DeMarco Murray, Steven Jackson, Daniel Thomas, Brandon Bolden, Mike Tolbert, Rashad Jennings) and has an old-er starting lineup that's really strong everywhere except RB so if one of Moreno or McGahee pan out he'll have a "complete" starting lineup

12 Team PPR, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DEF. Was not involved:

Team A Gives: Knowshon Moreno/Willis McGahee/Mario Fannin/2.11

Team B Gives: 1.03, Greg Little, Vincent Brown

Looks like team B proposed the deal. He's been shopping hard to find a more dependable RB1 and a new RB2-3 (Has DeMarco Murray, Steven Jackson, Daniel Thomas, Brandon Bolden, Mike Tolbert, Rashad Jennings) and has an old-er starting lineup that's really strong everywhere except RB so if one of Moreno or McGahee pan out he'll have a "complete" starting lineup
The best he could get for all of that is Moreno?

Crabtree for me. I would take anything I could get for Johnson and this is more than enough
RBs seem to go for a premium. With only 10 teams, I'd think they'd be cheap, but with 40 man rosters and a DTS, every RB is seemingly owned. Prior to obtaining CJ, Team B's RBs looked like this:Chris Ivory,Rashard Jennings, Marshawn Lynch, LaRod Stephens Howling, Pierre Thomas, Beannie Wells, Cyrus Gray, Robert Turbin.So obtaining CJ made sense. I'm going to be targeting Crabtree now, and see if I can use the ole "Well, you're essentially just trading Johnson for X"

'gianmarco said:
3) They bring in a FA -- There are essentially 3 other RBs that are FA's that I would say would likely start over Miller if brought in--SJax, Mendenhall, and Bradshaw. Darkhorses would be Benson and Greene. SJax may exercise his option to stay with St. Louis and from what I've heard here so far, there's a good chance that is happening before he goes elsewhere. As for Bradshaw or Mendenhall, I just don't see the Dolphins paying those guys what they'd expect with all their other needs (i.e. WR, defense). So yes, they will likely bring in someone of lower caliber via FA for depth, but unless they are taking one of these guys, nobody they bring in will start over Miller.
I'd tend to agree. If they were going to spend what it takes to get an impact FA at RB, why not just re-sign Bush who already knows the system, has familiarity with their young QB and has been very successful for them over the past two seasons?Obviously none of us really know what's going to happen, but we have to work with the information we have. Right now it poinst towards Lamar Miller getting a legit shot at carrying the load, which makes taking a shot at acquiring him "cheaply" a good idea.

I'm a Daniel Thomas owner is one league and I'd love to stand on the mountaintop and scream he'll be the starting back in Miami next season, but while of course it's still possible, it would be disingenuous of me to act like its the most likely scenario.

All the media chatter out of Miami suggests they really like what they have in Miller and that he's going to get his shot next year.

All the media chatter out of Miami suggests they really like what they have in Miller and that he's going to get his shot next year.
I don't see that chatter, really. Even the writer going out of his way to point out that nobody thinks Thomas will get the job - the writer who thinks Miller could be better than Bush - doesn't say that anyone in the org thinks Miller will start. Unless I am missing something, which could very well be the case. Miller was a 4th round pick and the #3 RB getting 2.3 carries a game before injury got him 6-10 carries over the last 3 games. If his name wasn't Lamar Miller and he didn't have pre-draft hype (which proved to be outside of the NFL's thinking), we woudln't be assuming he could start. He's Roy Helu, right now.If after the draft/FA Miami hasn't made any additions, then he is worth 1.4-1.6. But right now, I think it's a big mistake. I very highly doubt they are going to rely on a guy they gave 3-4 touches a game last year to be their starter. They're bringing someone in, likely a vet capable of starting, or a draft pick they think is their long-term starter.ETA: The 1.04-1.06 is very likely to provide a RB drafted higher than Miller also going into a situation where he is likely to start. Tate, Hardesty, Williams, LeShoure, before their injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see that chatter, really. Even the writer going out of his way to point out that nobody thinks Thomas will get the job - the writer who thinks Miller could be better than Bush - doesn't say that anyone in the org thinks Miller will start. Unless I am missing something, which could very well be the case. Miller was a 4th round pick and the #3 RB getting 2.3 carries a game before injury got him 6-10 carries over the last 3 games. If his name wasn't Lamar Miller and he didn't have pre-draft hype (which proved to be outside of the NFL's thinking), we woudln't be assuming he could start. He's Roy Helu, right now.If after the draft/FA Miami hasn't made any additions, then he is worth 1.4-1.6. But right now, I think it's a big mistake. I very highly doubt they are going to rely on a guy they gave 3-4 touches a game last year to be their starter. They're bringing someone in, likely a vet capable of starting, or a draft pick they think is their long-term starter.ETA: The 1.04-1.06 is very likely to provide a RB drafted higher than Miller also going into a situation where he is likely to start. Tate, Hardesty, Williams, LeShoure, before their injuries.
Lamar went at the 4.04 in a recent $300 dynasty start-up. All I could say was "wow" ... and this was in a PPR, 1-RB required league, so RB2 players are not worth as much.

Lamar went at the 4.04 in a recent $300 dynasty start-up. All I could say was "wow" ... and this was in a PPR, 1-RB required league, so RB2 players are not worth as much.
I'm a Miller fan, but that is just silly, even if it were a 2RB league. In a startup draft this weekend, Miller went 6.07, which I found a bit early as well -- though I probably would have went for him in the 7th.

I'm a Miller fan, but that is just silly, even if it were a 2RB league. In a startup draft this weekend, Miller went 6.07, which I found a bit early as well -- though I probably would have went for him in the 7th.
I took him in a recent startup that was drafting at 7.10 on 2/3 which was slightly before the hype train was rolling. I will agree that somewhere in the 7th, no earlier than mid 6th is probably warranted at the moment. Depends on how much of a believer you are in his talent. :shrug:

12 team, standard scoring. Not involved myselfA gave: Ridley, Floyd (SDC), 3.07B gave: Decker, D. Jackson, 2014 1st (likely high, picking 1.01 this year)

Team A Gives:2.06Team B Gives:Rashard MendenhallDifferent league:Team A Gives:Christian Ponder3.09Team B Gives:Rashard Mendenhall

Team A gets:Ryan Matthews, RB SDNate Washington, WR TEN2014 4th round pickTeam B gets:Kenny Britt, WR TENMichael Floyd, WR ARI2014 3rd round pickQB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, D/STStandard scoring 1pprBoth teams finished terrible last year (12th and 11th respectively).
Any thoughts on this?

0.5 PPR. RB RB, WR WR, TE, 1Flex.Auld Castle Rock gave up:Ridley, Stevan NEP RBBRING THE WOOD gave up:Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RBWright, Kendall TEN WRI'm ACR. Have Spiller and Charles at RB, but pretty thin at WR.

Any thoughts on this?
This one could go either way. Britt has Gronk paws and uber talent, but no one knows if he is going to pull it together. I think Mathews will have another good year but will never be elite.

0.5 PPR. RB RB, WR WR, TE, 1Flex.Auld Castle Rock gave up:Ridley, Stevan NEP RBBRING THE WOOD gave up:Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RBWright, Kendall TEN WRI'm ACR. Have Spiller and Charles at RB, but pretty thin at WR.
0.5 PPR/start 2 - I'd rather have Ridley. He's a solid 3rd round startup pick in that format and I don't think you got equal value. But, it's not a bad trade, and I am a Wright fan, so I could easily see it going your way.

12 team, standard scoring. Not involved myselfA gave: Ridley, Floyd (SDC), 3.07B gave: Decker, D. Jackson, 2014 1st (likely high, picking 1.01 this year)
Decker side for me
Assuming the 1st is top 3-5,it is a good deal for team A, getting Decker,Jackson,1st. But in standard scoring formats, I have Ridley pretty close to an RB1, which makes him worth a great deal. Could work out for team B too, if that 1st rounder ends up being 6+.

10 team PPR 1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1flex(any)/ idp.Spin gave up:Ryan MatthewsJared Allen2013 2.10, 4.10Team A gave up:Michael CrabtreeJonathon StewartHe recently acquired Crabtree, and I liked the idea of bolstering my wr squad. He was done with Stewart, so I pounced on him as well. I'm happy with it.Edit to add - This one just got accepted as well:.Spin gave up:Gerhart, Toby MIN RBTeam B gave up:Jenkins, A.J. SFO WRYear 2013 Draft Pick 3.06Team B is also giving up 7 snotes. Snotes are BB dollars, each team gets 75 a year. I need to start saving because I will lose Megatron at the end of the year and have to try to win him back in RFA. Jenkins will go on my DTS, where he can sit til the end of next year to see if something develops. I might have let Gerhart go too early, but I really needed the Snotes.

10 team PPR 1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1flex(any)/ idp.Spin gave up:Ryan MatthewsJared Allen2013 2.10, 4.10Team A gave up:Michael CrabtreeJonathon StewartHe recently acquired Crabtree, and I liked the idea of bolstering my wr squad. He was done with Stewart, so I pounced on him as well. I'm happy with it.Edit to add - This one just got accepted as well:.Spin gave up:Gerhart, Toby MIN RBTeam B gave up:Jenkins, A.J. SFO WRYear 2013 Draft Pick 3.06Team B is also giving up 7 snotes. Snotes are BB dollars, each team gets 75 a year. I need to start saving because I will lose Megatron at the end of the year and have to try to win him back in RFA. Jenkins will go on my DTS, where he can sit til the end of next year to see if something develops. I might have let Gerhart go too early, but I really needed the Snotes.
Crabtree and Stewart in trade 1I prefer to take a shot on Jenkins in the 2nd deal

Crabtree and Stewart in trade 1I prefer to take a shot on Jenkins in the 2nd deal
Agreed, think you did very well in both deals

Friend of mine has made a terrible trade today I think. Standard scoringGave: CobbGot: Givems, HiltonShocking deal for him, but he's super excited about Hilton

'dewmass said:
Friend of mine has made a terrible trade today I think. Standard scoringGave: CobbGot: Givems, HiltonShocking deal for him, but he's super excited about Hilton
I do not think it is a terrible deal but I would take Cobb

I'd take the Hilton/Givens side. I think Hilton/Cobb is a wash.
I think that's optimistic. And that even if you believe that, which you're entitled to (and I respect it), value-wise it's far enough apart that you can do better than Givens (though I like him as well as a fairly cheap buy this offseason).

I think that's optimistic. And that even if you believe that, which you're entitled to (and I respect it), value-wise it's far enough apart that you can do better than Givens (though I like him as well as a fairly cheap buy this offseason).
I agree. I would happily take the Cobb side and don't think the owner even got half of his value. But even if I didn't - market value dictates much more.

I agree. I would happily take the Cobb side and don't think the owner even got half of his value. But even if I didn't - market value dictates much more.
Exactly. Even if I hated Cobb, I'd take this and happily flip him for guys I did like plus more. He's absurdly expensive right now. I tend to think that if you aren't selling high, or attempting to, on Cobb, Miller, and maybe even Wilson at this point then you're crazy. You have to at least see what's out there, and I refuse to believe this was the best offer out there for Cobb. I don't care how much one may like Hilton.

Team A gives:ADPToby GerhartTeam B gives:2013 1.052013 1.062014 1st Willis McGaheeNick ToonTeam A owns Hillman. Non PPR league.

12 team PPRTeam A got:Charles, Jamaal KCC RBNicks, Hakeem NYG WRTeam B got::Britt, Kenny TEN WRYear 2013 Draft Pick 1.02Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.03

Users who are viewing this thread