What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

'dewmass said:
Big business going down in our league today:

Team A - 3.08

Team B - Darrius Heyward-Bey
Did a very similar trade myself last week getting him for 3.07. Think it's a decent move, as discussed in the DHB thread, the two likely destinations of Colts or Lions are nice spots and I think he'll have a decent season.
More than that - how many players taken at 3.07/3.08 ever work out? I don't think much of DHB, but a late 3rd seems a minimal cost for player that could be productive this year.

'bkdphi said:
Had Cam Newton as my other QB so Kaep was expendable. Swapping out Colston for Nelson is a plus for me; I get a younger and arguably a better player. Losing Charles though did sting, but I have T.Rich, CJ2k and Alfred Morris as my other RB's.
Jordy is a top 12 WR next year, and is clearly more valuable than Colston, whose injury history is much more severe. Gronk is worth more than Charles. Kaepernick is valuable, but it's a buyers market at QB - you're not getting fair value often in established leagues. I am higher on both Jordy and Gronk than most, but I actually like the deal for you. And if the other guy needed a QB, he did well too.

Last edited by a moderator:
'dewmass said:

Team A - 3.08

Did a very similar trade myself last week getting him for 3.07. Think it's a decent move, as discussed in the DHB thread, the two likely destinations of Colts or Lions are nice spots and I think he'll have a decent season.
More than that - how many players taken at 3.07/3.08 ever work out? I don't think much of DHB, but a late 3rd seems a minimal cost for player that could be productive this year.
Inspired by that trade, I offered a late 3rd for him in two different leagues. Insta rejected twice

I Give:

Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.10

I Get:

Heyward-Bey, Darrius FA WR

Why the hell not? 12 team offense only league so by the time we're at the 3.10 it's not like there's much left. I'll throw this pick out on the off chance he catches on in Indy or Detroit.

And again

Give: 3.08

Get: Zach Miller

Loved what I saw in the game against the Falcons. Hoping that translates to the regular season.

12 team PPR dynasty. I can't remember if I posted this a little while back, and don't feel like looking:

pick 3

for

Bernard Pierce and a 2014 1st (really could be anywhere from 1-12)

'dewmass said:

Team A - 3.08

I just sold DHB for 3.10. Wasn't going to use him anyways so I'd rather have a young prospect who I can possibly strike gold with ala Hilton, Givens, and those type of guys that were in last years draft

I Give:Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.10I Get:Heyward-Bey, Darrius FA WRWhy the hell not? 12 team offense only league so by the time we're at the 3.10 it's not like there's much left. I'll throw this pick out on the off chance he catches on in Indy or Detroit.
i rather hold him myself and hope he signs w/ the Lions

may have sold MJD low, but I want to get younger and have Foster/Tate and Forte/Bush along with Bryce Brown and will likely start 2 RB and 4 WR's most of year anyways

12 team PPR

E gave up Forsett, Justin JAC RB;Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB;Owens, Montell JAC RB;Burleson, Nate DET WR

T Powell, Bilal NYJ RB; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.04; Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick (possible playoff team)

Two trades in a couple of different leagues:

I gave 1.04/Powell/2014 2nd for MJD/Forsett/Burelson

I gave 1.12/ Kendall Wright for Mendenhall/2.12

Two trades in a couple of different leagues:I gave 1.04/Powell/2014 2nd for MJD/Forsett/BurelsonI gave 1.12/ Kendall Wright for Mendenhall/2.12
I hate the second trade, myself. I like the 1.12 and Wright more than Mendenhall. Te first one is fine. Nobody really standing out at 1.04 right now, and MJD could equal it's value with one top 5-7 season.

Team A Gave - Brent Celek, 2014 1st rounder (1.12 pick this past year as champion, but probably will be anywhere in the 1.06-1.12 range)

Team B Gave - T.Y. Hilton

A few trades, I'm obviously .Spin

10 team ppr start 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1flex(any)/idp

B.S. Inc gave up Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB;Randle, Rueben NYG WR

The Thundering Nerd gave up White, Roddy ATL WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.01 from The Thundering Nerd;Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from The Thundering Nerd

.Spin gave up Richardson, Daryl STL RB

B.S. Inc gave up Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from The Thundering Nerd

The Bounty Hunters gave up Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.04

The Thundering Nerd gave up Manning, Peyton DEN QB

Two trades in a couple of different leagues:I gave 1.04/Powell/2014 2nd for MJD/Forsett/BurelsonI gave 1.12/ Kendall Wright for Mendenhall/2.12
I hate the second trade, myself. I like the 1.12 and Wright more than Mendenhall. Te first one is fine. Nobody really standing out at 1.04 right now, and MJD could equal it's value with one top 5-7 season.
I honestly didnt love the first one either. Was a hard trade to make. Its really hard to get RB in that league. This is the second year of this dynasty. I still have 1.04 and 1.06 in the rookie draft. I had 6-7 starters at WR so I had the pieces to trade away. I like Wright a lot but my other guys are just as good.

Team A Gave - Brent Celek, 2014 1st rounder (1.12 pick this past year as champion, but probably will be anywhere in the 1.06-1.12 range)Team B Gave - T.Y. Hilton
I like the trade too. I am really high on Hilton. Seemed like great chemistry with Luck.

A few trades, I'm obviously .Spin10 team ppr start 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1flex(any)/idpB.S. Inc gave up Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB;Randle, Rueben NYG WRThe Thundering Nerd gave up White, Roddy ATL WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.01 from The Thundering Nerd;Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from The Thundering Nerd.Spin gave up Richardson, Daryl STL RBB.S. Inc gave up Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from The Thundering NerdThe Bounty Hunters gave up Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.04The Thundering Nerd gave up Manning, Peyton DEN QB
The first trade is close. It depends on the draft pick, in my opinion. I actually like MJD about as much as I like Roddy in this format. Will the pick be worth much more than Randle?The 2nd trade is also close, and depends on the pick. I like the idea of moving Richardson for good value now, though. I don't think he starts next season.The 3rd trade - this is really cheap for Peyton in a super-flex league. I'd gladly take the high-end QB points for a couple years.

A few trades, I'm obviously .Spin10 team ppr start 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1flex(any)/idpB.S. Inc gave up Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB;Randle, Rueben NYG WRThe Thundering Nerd gave up White, Roddy ATL WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.01 from The Thundering Nerd;Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from The Thundering Nerd.Spin gave up Richardson, Daryl STL RBB.S. Inc gave up Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from The Thundering NerdThe Bounty Hunters gave up Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.04The Thundering Nerd gave up Manning, Peyton DEN QB
The first trade is close. It depends on the draft pick, in my opinion. I actually like MJD about as much as I like Roddy in this format. Will the pick be worth much more than Randle?The 2nd trade is also close, and depends on the pick. I like the idea of moving Richardson for good value now, though. I don't think he starts next season.The 3rd trade - this is really cheap for Peyton in a super-flex league. I'd gladly take the high-end QB points for a couple years.
Yah, I'm not sure I'm sold on Richardson either, and agree that I'm not sure he's the starter this season. With the Long signing, I figured I could find someone to pay for him, and like the idea of adding another 2014 1st to the one's I've been stockpiling. Plus Nerd finished last in 2012, but I don't think he's the worst team, so I envision it being 1.03 - 1.06 range.For the third trade Nerd also has Romo / Luck. He shopped Peyton around for a bit, and I guess this was the best offer he got. I like him getting Bowe, as I think he is a bit underrated right now. It's interesting, for how valuable qbs can be in the super flex, when you're looking to trade one, it's incredibly hard getting any kind of value in return, at least in this league. The guy who owns Wilson was trying to move Matt Ryan and got no real serious offers.

'bkdphi said:
Had Cam Newton as my other QB so Kaep was expendable. Swapping out Colston for Nelson is a plus for me; I get a younger and arguably a better player. Losing Charles though did sting, but I have T.Rich, CJ2k and Alfred Morris as my other RB's.
Jordy is a top 12 WR next year, and is clearly more valuable than Colston, whose injury history is much more severe. Gronk is worth more than Charles. Kaepernick is valuable, but it's a buyers market at QB - you're not getting fair value often in established leagues. I am higher on both Jordy and Gronk than most, but I actually like the deal for you. And if the other guy needed a QB, he did well too.
Yeah that was what I was thinking. This was one of those trades where I think it benefited both teams( His team's best Qb was either Bradford or Rivers), of course I'm partial to thinking I got the better end of the deal Gold Club :P

A gave up Richardson, Trent CLE RB;Moore, Denarius OAK WR;Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.06

B gave up Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE;Housler, Robert ARI TE; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.01;Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.09

A gave up Richardson, Trent CLE RB;Moore, Denarius OAK WR;Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.06B gave up Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE;Housler, Robert ARI TE; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.01;Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.09
Give me Gronk and the 1.01 all day.

A gave up Richardson, Trent CLE RB;Moore, Denarius OAK WR;Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.06B gave up Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE;Housler, Robert ARI TE; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.01;Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.09
Like the Gronk/1.01 side especially since the latter could turn into a RB in a good situation

I'll take Gronk too, but I'm probably flipping the 1.01 before the rookie draft.

[*]Kiss My Ring gave up Cutler, Jay CHI QB;Britt, Kenny TEN WR

[*]Gooney Birds gave up Manning, Eli NYG QB;Gordon, Josh CLE WR

[*]Kiss My Ring gave up Cutler, Jay CHI QB;Britt, Kenny TEN WR

[*]Gooney Birds gave up Manning, Eli NYG QB;Gordon, Josh CLE WR
I like Manning more than Cutler and Gordon more than Britt.
I'm opposite. Cutler with more weapons this year, a better line and in a shoot out division will be much improved. And I like Britt's talent better, if he's healed and punkless(big if!) Eli's arm looked weak at the end of last year..

I'm opposite. Cutler with more weapons this year, a better line and in a shoot out division will be much improved. And I like Britt's talent better, if he's healed and punkless(big if!) Eli's arm looked weak at the end of last year..
Eli's arm did give out some last year. But it's much easier for me to think that he and the staff will work to prevent it this year, than his arm is just done at the age of 32. I don't plan on 2011 numbers, but I don't plan on 2012 numbers either. And Cutler hasn't scored VBD at all over his last 4 seasons. And his new weapons don't do much for me. As for Britt, he might be a top 15 talent at the position in the NFL, so no argument there. But he has major red flags. I don't have big objections to anyone liking him more than Gordon, but I'd rather roll the dice on Gordon, at this point, despite a few lesser red flags of his own.

Russell Wilson

2014 5th

for

2013 2.8

2014 1st(likely 2nd half of the draft based on team talent)

12 team deep league 1 ppr (1.25 for wr 1.5 te)IDP start 11 offense 11 defense (offense 1,2,2,1,k,4 flex)

Team A trades 1.1, 1.13 (bonus pick)

Team B trades Garcon, 1.9, 2.9

Mark Sanchez, Marcel Reece, Taylor Thompson, 1.11forAlex Smith, Hankerson, Gresham, 4.02
I feel bad for both teams. Gimme the late first
Im gonna assume you have knowledge of both teams with your statement. Ill take Hank and Gresham for 1.11
Gresham is worth more than the 1.11 and Hank is worth more than Thompson (although I like him a lot).
borderline. Gresham is borderline average at best, i'd take the lottery 1.11 pick over him. Hankerson and Thompson are both garbage WW material, so that's a wash.

Mark Sanchez, Marcel Reece, Taylor Thompson, 1.11forAlex Smith, Hankerson, Gresham, 4.02
Im gonna assume you have knowledge of both teams with your statement. Ill take Hank and Gresham for 1.11
Gresham is worth more than the 1.11 and Hank is worth more than Thompson (although I like him a lot).
borderline. Gresham is borderline average at best, i'd take the lottery 1.11 pick over him. Hankerson and Thompson are both garbage WW material, so that's a wash.
Hank and Thompson garbage WW material until you try and trade for them. Then they have 1st round rookie value by the owner whom you are trying to get them from. Just had something similar happen to me. Tried to trade for DHB and the owner wanted a 1st round rookie pick and DHB on the street.

Hank and Thompson garbage WW material until you try and trade for them. Then they have 1st round rookie value by the owner whom you are trying to get them from. Just had something similar happen to me. Tried to trade for DHB and the owner wanted a 1st round rookie pick and DHB on the street.
There are no leagues without dev players where hankerson or thompson are bringing in anything close to a 1st round rookie pick.

There are no leagues without dev players where hankerson or thompson are bringing in anything close to a 1st round rookie pick.
I traded Hank for a 2015 2nd. Thought that was fair.

'loose circuits said:
'I was in the pool said:
'thriftyrocker said:
12 team pprNick FolesTaylor Thompsonfor2014 2nd3.44.4
Nice return for Foles/Thompson IMO
agreed, not sure how its possibke
Some people just get a hard-on for certain prospects. Moved James Hanna in a deep league for Sanchez and 2015 3rd and 4th. League joked that he had to pay me to take Sanchez off his hands. Sold Hanna to the same guy in another league that same day for a 2014 3rd. Sometimes people just want certain guys, and overpay.

1.5 PPR TE just did this deal:

Gave: 1.10

Got: Jermichael Finley

Was not pursing Finley but got offered the deal and took it. Had Keller and Fleener as only other TE's and picks 9 and 10 in the first round. Figured a good chance I was going to address one of those picks on a TE and I don't think I'd have found anyone who can help me in the immediate(and maybe next few years) at the TE spot at that 1.10 pick that I viewed as better than Finley. I like Keller and Fleener and if they work out as well it's an FFPC league with dual flex so no harm in having 1-2 startable TE's and this gives me a better chance of not having any.

I acquired this 1.10 pick on a trade a few weeks ago where I gave up Stevie Johnson and my second rounder in 2014 for pick 1.10 and a #1 2014(from team that third lowest scoring in my league last year). That trade also freed up a roster spot I used to roster Ben Rothlisberger which I don't normally do on such small rosters but with RG3 was my only other QB it made sense. So I now assess this trade as Stevie Johnson for Finley, Roethlisberger and a 2014 #1.

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX. 4 pts per passing TD. 6 pts per rushing/receiving TD.

GAVE:

QB Aaron Rodgers

WR Greg Jennings

GOT:

WR Justin Blackmon

RB Ryan Mathews

Users who are viewing this thread