What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Rookie 2.02 (1 Viewer)

Who is rookie pick 2.02 in Start 2 QB Scoring?

• QB Mike Glennon

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • QB Tyler Wilson

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • QB Landry Jones

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • QB Tyler Bray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB Johnathan Franklin

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • RB Le'Veon Bell

• RB Christine Michael

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • RB Zac Stacy

• WR Justin Hunter

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • WR Da'Rick Rogers

• WR Robert Woods

• WR Quinton Patton

• TE Zach Ertz

• Other

• Don't play - No vote

Votes: 33 45.2%

• Total voters

Faust

MVP
2013 Rookie 1.01
2013 Rookie 1.02
2013 Rookie 1.03
2013 Rookie 1.04
2013 Rookie 1.05
2013 Rookie 1.06
2013 Rookie 1.07
2013 Rookie 1.08
2013 Rookie 1.09
2013 Rookie 1.10
2013 Rookie 1.11

2013 Rookie 1.12

2013 Rookie 2.01

Standard Scoring

1.01 RB Eddie Lacy (83%)
1.02 RB Giovani Bernard (46%)
1.03 WR Cordarrelle Patterson (43%)
1.04 WR Keenan Allen (45%)
1.05 WR Tavon Austin (18%)
1.06 RB Montee Ball (19%)
1.07 WR DeAndre Hopkins (23%)
1.08 RB Marcus Lattimore (22%)
1.09 TE Tyler Eifert (20%)
1.10 WR Justin Hunter (19%)
1.11 QB Geno Smith (32%)

1.12 RB Christine Michael (23%)

2.01 RB Johnathan Franklin (30%)

PPR Scoring

1.01 RB Eddie Lacy (68%)
1.02 WR Cordarrelle Patterson (36%)
1.03 RB Giovani Bernard (44%)
1.04 WR Keenan Allen (57%)
1.05 WR Tavon Austin (44%)
1.06 WR DeAndre Hopkins (33%)
1.07 TE Tyler Eifert (35%)
1.08 WR Justin Hunter (24%)
1.09 RB Marcus Lattimore (24%)
1.10 WR Da'Rick Rogers (23%)
1.11 RB Montee Ball (24%)

1.12 RB Christine Michael (16%)

2.01 RB Johnathan Franklin (25%)

Start 2 QB Scoring

1.01 RB Eddie Lacy (42%)
1.02 QB Geno Smith (49%)
1.03 RB Giovani Bernard (25%)
1.04 QB Matt Barkley (21%)
1.05 WR Cordarrelle Patterson (29%)
1.06 WR Keenan Allen (24%)
1.07 WR Tavon Austin (19%)
1.08 QB E.J. Manuel (17%)
1.09 WR DeAndre Hopkins (17%)
1.10 QB Ryan Nassib (17%)
1.11 RB Montee Ball (15%)

1.12 TE Tyler Eifert (12%)

2.01 RB Marcus Lattimore (23%)

Interesting how many RBs are being taken in PPR, when the strength of this draft clearly favors WRs.

Interesting how many RBs are being taken in PPR, when the strength of this draft clearly favors WRs.
Supply and demand. In a market where there are many WRs and there is not a strong separation of perceived value among them, take the scarce resources and then pick a WR later when you are basically taking one of "x" amount of similar options available.

Supply and demand. In a market where there are many WRs and there is not a strong separation of perceived value among them, take the scarce resources and then pick a WR later when you are basically taking one of "x" amount of similar options available.
We're also into #2 WR territory. Why not take a chance on getting a starting RB if you're best hope with the WR's is a #2?

Zac Stacy with more votes than Andre Ellington. Interesting.
As a fan, I like Ellington more; he's quick, exciting, has big play possibilities. As an FFB owner, however, it's much closer. I would still rate Ellington higher, but he has some serious limitations as a volume runner, which Stacy does not.

Of course, post-draft, if Ellington goes in the 2nd and Stacy in the 7th, that might change the board's consensus. Or not, considering AlMo and DRich. Gotta love this game.

As a fan, I like Ellington more; he's quick, exciting, has big play possibilities. As an FFB owner, however, it's much closer. I would still rate Ellington higher, but he has some serious limitations as a volume runner, which Stacy does not.

Of course, post-draft, if Ellington goes in the 2nd and Stacy in the 7th, that might change the board's consensus. Or not, considering AlMo and DRich. Gotta love this game.
:goodposting:

I was just a touch surprised as Ellington is ranked higher by almost every draft analyst and web site that I have reviewed, and in most cases he is ranked significantly higher.

I was just a touch surprised as Ellington is ranked higher by almost every draft analyst and web site that I have reviewed, and in most cases he is ranked significantly higher.
You are correct as most of the rankings I have seen have Ellington higher than a lot of RBs which is why I watched some highlights of his games. I did not come away from that as impressed with Ellington as I was with Zac Stacy but I also know that what I watched was very brief.

Ellington just did not look special to me but I may not have watched enough to see it.

Do both of you consider Ellington to be a better prospect than Stacy? If so why is that?

You are correct as most of the rankings I have seen have Ellington higher than a lot of RBs which is why I watched some highlights of his games. I did not come away from that as impressed with Ellington as I was with Zac Stacy but I also know that what I watched was very brief.

Ellington just did not look special to me but I may not have watched enough to see it.

Do both of you consider Ellington to be a better prospect than Stacy? If so why is that?
I don't watch a ton of tape on these players, so I tend to defer to those who do, and almost all of those individuals have Ellington ranked higher, and in most cases it is by a significant amount.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't watch a ton of tape on these players, so I tend to defer to those who do, and almost all of those individuals have Ellington ranked higher, and in most cases it is by a significant amount.
Well I went and watched some more on him and I do appreciate the comments as Ellington may be someone flying under the radar a bit. I did see some fantastic runs by Ellington against Virginia Tech. And they were not good runs because of poor defense, they were runs where he got yards after contact and made longer gains out of nothing. At the same time I do have to consider the level of talent Ellington was facing. He does not break many tackles or look powerful like that against better teams such as the Seminoles.

I do think I likely have underestimated him. Combine that with the fact that I really like what I've seen of Zac Stacey has me ranking Stacey higher.

Ellington looks pretty solid as a receiver as well.

Ellington has rare quickness. He changes directions so fast, it's hard for the eye to process. He's also one of those players who looks faster than he actually is because he has such a smooth stride. The combination of both makes scouts fall in love pretty fast. Unfortunately, he's not built for contact. Ellington lacks the bulk to push the pile, or to break many tackles if the defender gets his hands on him. In space, however, he's an incredible weapon.

Stacy, on the other hand, doesn't really possess any outstanding physical qualities. He's tough enough to lower his head and grind out a few yards up the middle, and quick enough to deke a player out one-on-one. He's a try hard back, a guy who seems to give everything he has with every carry, or pass block. He's likely to be a coaches dream, a player who will play special teams and can fill in on occasion. I would be surprised if he gets to be more than a depth player, however. He just doesn't have the kind of raw talent or size to make a difference as a lead back. He sure is fun to watch, however, when he gets those legs moving at full speed and buries into a defender. I hope he gets taken by a team willing to give him a chance.

Ellington's pretty much a lock to get drafted ahead of Stacy, barring medical reasons, due to the natural talent. If you made me pick, I would take Ellington first, although I'm not sure he'll get to be truly relevant in FF. It's a fun comparison, however.

Kudos to Biabreakable and Smashingsilver for adding their insightful posts, as this type of debate and discussion is what I am always hoping for from these threads!

I am hoping to close this poll tonight and open the Rookie 2.03 poll for voting. It would be nice to secure 80 to 90 votes on this one.

Franklin = very overrated.

He shouldn't go ahead of Woods, Wheaton, Patton, or Harper. Just to name a few.

Same with Ball. These guys are pedestrian talents. Only have value if they land in a starting role.

Users who are viewing this thread