What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 NFL Free Agents (1 Viewer)

Redskins sign Jason Hatcher

Supposedly 4 years, $27.5M
Have to see how the contract breaks down, but this feels like a lot of money to me.
Let's say the cap number in the 4th year (which he'll never see) is 9 mill. Call it a 3 year, 18 mill deal, and it works just fine.

Wait.......Redskins still run a 3-4?
Yeah they do, except Haslett said they ended up in a 4-3 about 60% of the time based on what the opponent was doing.

So not sure how keeping Quarless makes them desperate.
His hands make Finley's seem reliable.
With those 2 whole drops he had last year?

Your desperate comment was bad enough...this one shows you don't really know a thing about Quarless.

Not great by any means...but certainly not huge difference between he and Graham and his hands were actually quite good down the stretch last year. Not bad for a guy coming off a nasty injury that kept him out of the 2012 season.
Yeah he is great. That is why they got him for 2 years at $ 3M dollars. They must of have alot of competition for his services.
Yeah...I said he was great right there in the bold right?

And he did have some interest from what I had read...so yes.

So again...nothing about the signing was anything of desperation.

Have to see how the contract breaks down, but this feels like a lot of money to me.
Let's say the cap number in the 4th year (which he'll never see) is 9 mill. Call it a 3 year, 18 mill deal, and it works just fine.

Yeah they do, except Haslett said they ended up in a 4-3 about 60% of the time based on what the opponent was doing.
Gotcha. Makes a lot more sense. Are they interested in bringing Carriker back?

Gotcha. Makes a lot more sense. Are they interested in bringing Carriker back?
They'll talk to him and if he's healthy they might sign him to a vet minimum contract to give him one last shot. They like him, but he's always hurt.

So not sure how keeping Quarless makes them desperate.
His hands make Finley's seem reliable.
With those 2 whole drops he had last year?

Your desperate comment was bad enough...this one shows you don't really know a thing about Quarless.

Not great by any means...but certainly not huge difference between he and Graham and his hands were actually quite good down the stretch last year. Not bad for a guy coming off a nasty injury that kept him out of the 2012 season.
Yeah he is great. That is why they got him for 2 years at $ 3M dollars. They must of have alot of competition for his services.
That's a good deal. Spend the money elsewhere.

I'm thinking out loud here---what Giant had left the team and went on to be anything anywhere? Not a Kurt Warner situation either...a guy who's been there at least 3 years.

@RapSheet: Source: Ex-#Seahawks CB Brandon Browner has reached a two-year agreement with the #Patriots. Must serve 4-game suspension to start 2014

@RapSheet: Source: Ex-#Seahawks CB Brandon Browner has reached a two-year agreement with the #Patriots. Must serve 4-game suspension to start 2014
Then this:mad:jeffphowe: Asked a source on Browner signing with the Patriots: "No deal. Not even close."

@BenVolin: Hmm RT @TomPelissero: I'm told Brandon Browner does not have a deal with #Patriots. He is on way to visit #Redskins.

@AdamSchefter: Brandon Browner's agent, Peter Schaffer, said his client is in negotiations w/ "four teams and we do not have a deal. We arent even close."

@RapSheet: Brandon Browner has spread the word to those close to him that he has agreed with the #Patriots. Thus, my report that he has agreed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2014, 10:29 PM EDT
hockey1.jpg
Getty Images
Just as the evening was beginning to slow down, it has picked up. In a big way.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported via Twitter that the Patriots agreed to terms with free-agent cornerback Brandon Browner. Browner’s agent begs to differ. Strongly.

“It’s 100 percent untrue,” agent Peter Schaffer told PFT by phone, moments after the report landed on Twitter. “I’ve got four teams to negotiate with. I’ve got irresponsible journalists who don’t check their facts putting this stuff out there, and my phone is blowing up when I’m trying to play hockey.”

Schaffer plays in an adult hockey league in Denver.

“I’ve got very little patience for irresponsible journalists who put this stuff out and ruin my night,” Schaffer said. “My phone is going nuts. I just wanna play hockey.”

All Browner wants to do is play football. Schaffer has made it clear that Browner has not yet picked a team, in one of the most colorful ways we can recall.
:lmao:

@AdamSchefter: A well-placed Patriots source: "Browner wants to be in NE, I think we are close, but it's a tough deal to do because of suspension, etc."

hockey1.jpg
Getty ImagesJust as the evening was beginning to slow down, it has picked up. In a big way.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported via Twitter that the Patriots agreed to terms with free-agent cornerback Brandon Browner. Browner’s agent begs to differ. Strongly.

“It’s 100 percent untrue,” agent Peter Schaffer told PFT by phone, moments after the report landed on Twitter. “I’ve got four teams to negotiate with. I’ve got irresponsible journalists who don’t check their facts putting this stuff out there, and my phone is blowing up when I’m trying to play hockey.”

“I’ve got very little patience for irresponsible journalists who put this stuff out and ruin my night,” Schaffer said. “My phone is going nuts. I just wanna play hockey.”

All Browner wants to do is play football. Schaffer has made it clear that Browner has not yet picked a team, in one of the most colorful ways we can recall.
Ian Raporport SUCKS BALLS.

hockey1.jpg
Getty ImagesJust as the evening was beginning to slow down, it has picked up. In a big way.

Is this guy for real? I just want to be left alone so I can play hockey!

I'm thinking out loud here---what Giant had left the team and went on to be anything anywhere? Not a Kurt Warner situation either...a guy who's been there at least 3 years.
They're not a normal franchise. They had an old owner that made it a point to keep players even during free agency. He pushed loyalty in a nice way that a lot of other teams and players appreciated.

You'd be hard pressed to think of a good player they had that even left.

Injuries are part of the game and there's some injured types that left but...

I should say, that owner passed away and the new regime is different. Osi's gone and now Tuck. That wouldn't have happened in the past.

hockey1.jpg

Florio posted that is ironic too

Yesterday it was Pettigrew to decide between Lions, Raiders, and Jets.

The Giants are interested and supposed to be tomorrow's visit.

His agent is nuts if he lets him leave town and/or sign a deal without talking to the Giants. Put the NY pride at work in outbidding against each other.

hockey1.jpg
Getty Images

Cant the guy take one night off from hockey.

If the guy was my agent id be pissed he was playing hockey during most important negotiation/period of my career

hockey1.jpg
Getty Images

Cant the guy take one night off from hockey.

If the guy was my agent id be pissed he was playing hockey during most important negotiation/period of my career
What he said was he was tired of reporters calling him because Rapoport put out a false report. Probably not a smart idea to say he just wants to play hockey but I give him points for taking a shot at Rapoport.

I don't think there will be as much trading as people think. When there's legitimately, what, 40 guys who have first round talent, I don't think teams will sacrifice getting two good players just because they covet one at a higher spot.

Just a guess.

I don't think there will be as much trading as people think. When there's legitimately, what, 40 guys who have first round talent, I don't think teams will sacrifice getting two good players just because they covet one at a higher spot.

Just a guess.
I agree. The QB's aren't Luck and Griffin, so I'm not sure anyone will trade up for one, but then every year some QB goes way to early, so who knows there.

The next big position is OT but there are two or three great ones in this draft so I don't see someone trading up for Robinson when they can wait on Matthews or vice versa.

That leaves Clowney. That's the only guy I see anyone trading up into the top 5 to get.

Keep in mind, I don't know much about Mack. Didn't see him play. Kyper has the Texans taking him 1, but he also has the Lions taking a WR at 10 after signing Tate, so who knows.

Just a guess.
I tend to agree with this. I can see someone possibly trading up for Clowney or Watkins. Outside of that I don't see many trades happening until after the top 10 picks as some positions start to dry up.

I don't know why any team would want Pettigrew. He can't block, catch or run. Lions, Raiders and Jets make sense the way they are all run.
I agree with most of what you said, but the things in have read about Pettigrew he is actually a very good blocker.
I have always heard the same regarding his blocking, but only hearsay.
Pass blocking is his strength.
I've heard a lot of questions about his blocking lately but admittedly I don't spend a lot of time watching TEs block. He's definitely not much of a receiving threat though. I thought the Lions would move on to someone with a little more upside.

Michael Oher signed with Titans 4 years 20 mil. No link, heard on radio driving home.

Users who are viewing this thread