What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Blackjacks Nfl Mock Draft (#1) (1 Viewer)

Blackjacks

Footballguy
I am sure this will change but trying to match up the needs from teams with players here.

2nd mock following the combine and 3rd a week before the draft

I m assuming on some draft eligible players declaring

1 TB - Jameis Winston

2 Tenn - Leonard Williams

3 Jax - Andrus Peat

4) Oakland - Randy Gregory

5) Washington - Shane Ray

6) NYJ - Marcus Mariota

7) Chicago - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu

8) ATL - Dante Fowler Jr

9) NYG - Cedric Ogbuehi

10) STL - Brandon Scherff

11) Minny - Devante Parker

12) CLe - Amari Cooper

13) NO - Vic Beasley

14) Miami - Ereck Flowers

15) SF - Jalen Strong

16) Houston - Ronnie Stanley

17) SD - Melvin Gordon

18) KC - Kevin White

19) Cle - Todd Gurley

20) Philly - Landon Collins

21) Cincy - Shaq Thompson

22) PItt - Trae Wayons

23) Det - Eddie Goldman

24) Arizona - Maxx Williams

25) Carolina - La'el Collins

26) Baltimore - Ronald Darby

27) Indy - Tyrus Thompson

28) Dallas - Shilique Calhoun

29) GB - Malcom Brown

30) Denver - Gerod Holliman

31) NE - Dorial Beckham Green

32) Seattle - Ty Montgomery

Last edited by a moderator:
Always interested to see mocks and early mocks get extra props for getting things started.

A few comments.

First, I think you got this one right.

1 TB - Jameis Winston

Jameis is a head case, yadda yadda yadda. Yep. But he's the best pure pocket passer in this draft, he's got better than legit NFL size, speed, athleticism, operated out of a Pro Set instead of a spread, proven winner, and most importantly of all he's a hard worker.

Mariota is a system guy, he makes throws to guys who have been schemed to get wide-open and as Greg Cossell says, eventually every NFL QB finds himself in 3rd and long and has to prove themselves as a pocket passer. Jameis Winston is that guy on the field.

I'm not so sure of this one:

4) Washington - Shane Ray

Because I think this guy will go to Washington.

6) NYJ - Marcus Mariota

Mariota is a system guy and Washington has run a variation of the Oregon offense so I think Marcus will wind up in Washington.

And as much as I'd like to see this one I don't think it happens.

12) CLe - Amari Cooper

I don't know if he will be available and Browns GM Ray Farmer is on record as saying he doesn't think a team needs a top flight WR to win which probably lead to some of the friction between Kyle Shanahan and the front office so I don't think Ray uses his top pick on a WR.

And no chance of this happening either.

19) Cle - Todd Gurley

The AB-SO-LUTE last position the team would take in the first round is RB.

Arians will not take a TE in round one.
Funny enough, when Arians was in Pitt, they drafted Heath Miller in the 1st and when he was in Indy, they drafted Fleener with the 1st pick in the 2nd and then Allen soon after.

I think Arians knows the importance ot having a good tight end

Always interested to see mocks and early mocks get extra props for getting things started.

A few comments.

First, I think you got this one right.

1 TB - Jameis Winston

Jameis is a head case, yadda yadda yadda. Yep. But he's the best pure pocket passer in this draft, he's got better than legit NFL size, speed, athleticism, operated out of a Pro Set instead of a spread, proven winner, and most importantly of all he's a hard worker.

Mariota is a system guy, he makes throws to guys who have been schemed to get wide-open and as Greg Cossell says, eventually every NFL QB finds himself in 3rd and long and has to prove themselves as a pocket passer. Jameis Winston is that guy on the field.

I'm not so sure of this one:

4) Washington - Shane Ray

Because I think this guy will go to Washington.

6) NYJ - Marcus Mariota

Mariota is a system guy and Washington has run a variation of the Oregon offense so I think Marcus will wind up in Washington.

And as much as I'd like to see this one I don't think it happens.

12) CLe - Amari Cooper

I don't know if he will be available and Browns GM Ray Farmer is on record as saying he doesn't think a team needs a top flight WR to win which probably lead to some of the friction between Kyle Shanahan and the front office so I don't think Ray uses his top pick on a WR.

And no chance of this happening either.

19) Cle - Todd Gurley

The AB-SO-LUTE last position the team would take in the first round is RB.
Thanks and I agree on your thoughts with Jameis.

I will admit, I am not a big Mariota fan for the NFL and I think Gruden is more fond of a traditional drop back passer. I think Mariota fits more into the RG3 type than what he really wants.

Ray would be a great replacement for Orakpo who is gone!

I think Josh Gordon might be on his way out but even if he isn't I think Cooper would be perfect for the Browns. he is a possession guy, class act, hard worker and sure handed. I couldn't see Farmer passing him up if he was available.

I know the Gurley pick would raise eyebrows. I had a write up along with the picks but accidently deleted it. Gurley is an absolute stud and I think Cleveland wants to be a run first team. While I like Crowell and West I don't know if either are elite prospects. but both could more than hold down the fort until Gurley was 100%. Gurley is a generational type rb that could excel behind that line in Cle. Look at spending the #3 overall on T Rich and then the big $$$ on Tate, 3rd rounder on West......they want to run the ball and will pay or spend the picks to get that going.

sorry but I can absolutely see that pick

Funny enough, when Arians was in Pitt, they drafted Heath Miller in the 1st and when he was in Indy, they drafted Fleener with the 1st pick in the 2nd and then Allen soon after.

Right but he just drafted a TE high last year.

I will admit, I am not a big Mariota fan for the NFL and I think Gruden is more fond of a traditional drop back passer. I think Mariota fits more into the RG3 type than what he really wants.

I think Josh Gordon might be on his way out but even if he isn't I think Cooper would be perfect for the Browns. he is a possession guy, class act, hard worker and sure handed. I couldn't see Farmer passing him up if he was available.

I know the Gurley pick would raise eyebrows. I had a write up along with the picks but accidently deleted it. Gurley is an absolute stud and I think Cleveland wants to be a run first team. While I like Crowell and West I don't know if either are elite prospects. but both could more than hold down the fort until Gurley was 100%. Gurley is a generational type rb that could excel behind that line in Cle. Look at spending the #3 overall on T Rich and then the big $$$ on Tate, 3rd rounder on West......they want to run the ball and will pay or spend the picks to get that going.

I think that WR Amari Cooper won't ever make it past St. Louis and therefore he won't make it to the Browns pick. He could go higher than St. Louis.

The Browns let Ben Tate go because they are confident in Terrance West and Isaiah Crowell but they also are high on RB Glenn Winston. Also I don't think Gurley makes it to the 19th pick. I could easily see him go to any number of these teams picking higher who don't have that sort of RB depth:

3 Jax - Andrus Peat

6) NYJ - Marcus Mariota

8) ATL - Dante Fowler Jr

9) NYG - Cedric Ogbuehi

17) SD - Melvin Gordon

True but he was known as a very good blocker at ND and I think the line was a major issue heading into this year. I think the line actually did pretty well in Ariz this year with the additions.

With looking at not having Fitz next year, I think they look for a little more talent at the TE position this year

True but he was known as a very good blocker at ND and I think the line was a major issue heading into this year. I think the line actually did pretty well in Ariz this year with the additions.With looking at not having Fitz next year, I think they look for a little more talent at the TE position this year
Fair enough. I think you're underselling Niklas and would have to agree the chances they take a TE that early are awful slim.

I think that WR Amari Cooper won't ever make it past St. Louis and therefore he won't make it to the Browns pick. He could go higher than St. Louis.

The Browns let Ben Tate go because they are confident in Terrance West and Isaiah Crowell but they also are high on RB Glenn Winston. Also I don't think Gurley makes it to the 19th pick. I could easily see him go to any number of these teams picking higher who don't have that sort of RB depth:

3 Jax - Andrus Peat

6) NYJ - Marcus Mariota

8) ATL - Dante Fowler Jr

9) NYG - Cedric Ogbuehi

17) SD - Melvin Gordon
Cooper might not make it that far, I can agree to that.

I don't see the Rams taking him but I could see some other teams looking at him though.

I saw a lot of negative comments coming down towards West towards the end of the year from Petite. Also, Crowell looked good but do you really want to hitch your trailer to that knucklehead?

West was getting close to not even dressing on gameday a few times.

I have never heard of the other kid your referring to honestly.

True but he was known as a very good blocker at ND and I think the line was a major issue heading into this year. I think the line actually did pretty well in Ariz this year with the additions.With looking at not having Fitz next year, I think they look for a little more talent at the TE position this year
Fair enough. I think you're underselling Niklas and would have to agree the chances they take a TE that early are awful slim.
What position do you see as a big need except QB which I didn't see anyone available that deserved to be drafted in the first round?

I could absolutely see Arizona going tight end with their first pick

If Mariota is available at #2 I would guess that IRL the Titans trade down.

If they stay, regardless of which QB is picked first, I think you nailed the pick

Don't think a running back will be taken in the first, let alone two

i dont see the bears taking that cb from oregon.

mainly cause he just tore his acl, and i doubt he ends up going that high.

What position do you see as a big need except QB which I didn't see anyone available that deserved to be drafted in the first round?

I think they go DL, LB or RB.

Browns GM Ray Farmer does.

He signed him when he had RB Ben Tate and RB Terrance West and RB Isaiah Crowell all running hard which means they are high on him.

http://www.cantonrep.com/article/20141014/Sports/141019675

Browns think they've found a gem in Glenn Winston

... “He’s a great young running back ... as talented or moreso than the guys currently getting reps in front of him. ”General manager Ray Farmer was late in explaining an unheralded August waiver claim, but this is what he said of running back Glenn Winston late in September:

... Big, strong and possessing sprinter speed — he says his high school 100-meter dash times were in the 10.5s — he began the year as a kick returner and extra tailback. A nine-carry, 58-yard relief role at Wisconsin got him a start against Michigan in Game 5 — a win.

... Browns scouts pored over every one of those carries. They relied on their versions of reported workout numbers, 4.4 in the 40, 35 reps of 225 in the bench press.
Not only a matter of no need but also it goes against the philosophy of GM Ray Farmer.

Just not happening.

If the Pats got DGB everyone would be p###ing themselves, especially Brady. And would drive DGB up to top 5 in rookie drafts.

Browns GM Ray Farmer does. He signed him when he had RB Ben Tate and RB Terrance West and RB Isaiah Crowell all running hard which means they are high on him.

... Hes a great young running back ... as talented or moreso than the guys currently getting reps in front of him. General manager Ray Farmer was late in explaining an unheralded August waiver claim, but this is what he said of running back Glenn Winston late in September:

... Big, strong and possessing sprinter speed he says his high school 100-meter dash times were in the 10.5s he began the year as a kick returner and extra tailback. A nine-carry, 58-yard relief role at Wisconsin got him a start against Michigan in Game 5 a win.

... Browns scouts pored over every one of those carries. They relied on their versions of reported workout numbers, 4.4 in the 40, 35 reps of 225 in the bench press.
Not only a matter of no need but also it goes against the philosophy of GM Ray Farmer. Just not happening.
I've actually seen Clev taking a RB in round 1 a lot in mocks. Not sure I agree with it, but it seems to be fairly common.

He signed him when he had RB Ben Tate and RB Terrance West and RB Isaiah Crowell all running hard which means they are high on him.

... “He’s a great young running back ... as talented or moreso than the guys currently getting reps in front of him. ”General manager Ray Farmer was late in explaining an unheralded August waiver claim, but this is what he said of running back Glenn Winston late in September:

... Big, strong and possessing sprinter speed — he says his high school 100-meter dash times were in the 10.5s — he began the year as a kick returner and extra tailback. A nine-carry, 58-yard relief role at Wisconsin got him a start against Michigan in Game 5 — a win.

Not only a matter of no need but also it goes against the philosophy of GM Ray Farmer.

Just not happening.
I am surprised if they were they interested in this kid we didn't see him at al this year.

I wasn't being a jerk earlier, I really meant I had not heard of him.

I think they go DL, LB or RB.
I don't see a rb worth the pick in this scenario and I think they are pretty well off at DL and LB. Although depth is always considered.

Just my 2 cents!

If Mariota is available at #2 I would guess that IRL the Titans trade down.

If they stay, regardless of which QB is picked first, I think you nailed the pick

Don't think a running back will be taken in the first, let alone two
IMO, these 2 rbs are special and will be picked.

I know its becoming a position that teams look past but Gurley and Gordon are difference makers

Just not happening.
I am surprised if they were they interested in this kid we didn't see him at al this year.

I wasn't being a jerk earlier, I really meant I had not heard of him.
We didn't see him because the Browns had the luxury of sitting Terrance West after they cut Ben Tate because they are flush at the RB position and could plug in Isaiah Crowell.

I didn't think you were being a jerk at all, just pointed out how high Browns GM Ray Farmer has been on RB Glenn Winston.

Bloom and Sig just did a pod the other day on fantasy sleepers and Winston was mentioned. He's known by the Sharks. :shark:

I don't see a rb worth the pick in this scenario and I think they are pretty well off at DL and LB. Although depth is always considered.

Just my 2 cents!

In your scenario, no. There probably isn't a RB worth that pick. If T. Gurley is available however it changes things. A lot.

Naturally there is a BPA element to this but I think if similar ranked players are available at those positions they go that direction.

Just my 2 cents!

In your scenario, no. There probably isn't a RB worth that pick. If T. Gurley is available however it changes things. A lot.

Naturally there is a BPA element to this but I think if similar ranked players are available at those positions they go that direction.
:thumbup:

If it fell this way I think the Bengals would either do Shaq (your pick) or Shilique Calhoun. It's so early though, that's entirely just based on style of play compared to needs.

If Goldman is still there, that's a great pick for Detroit. Nobody is Suh, but he has similar size and quickness.

13) NO - Vic Beasley
I don't see it.

the issues for the Saints defensively aren't at OLB/DE. ILB, CB, DT and depth at S are all more pressing on that side of the ball. the pass rush has been inconsistent - off this year, effective the year before despite the same players and coach - but not bad enough to burn a R1 pick on.

biggest need? C.

goodwin was filling in after De La Puente bolted. they got mostly crummy production out of the o-line but they can't keep switching LT every year and Strief signed an extension. C seems like the one position they can draft well and expect it pay dividends quickly.

13) NO - Vic Beasley
I don't see it.

the issues for the Saints defensively aren't at OLB/DE. ILB, CB, DT and depth at S are all more pressing on that side of the ball. the pass rush has been inconsistent - off this year, effective the year before despite the same players and coach - but not bad enough to burn a R1 pick on.

biggest need? C.

goodwin was filling in after De La Puente bolted. they got mostly crummy production out of the o-line but they can't keep switching LT every year and Strief signed an extension. C seems like the one position they can draft well and expect it pay dividends quickly.
There isn't a C with a grade that is near the 1st round this year. They might be able to pick up a nice Center on day 2.

Malcolm Brown is going to be gone before pick 29 - no way the Packers get that lucky. That combination of youth, size, speed, pedigree, and motor do not last until the late first.

Malcolm Brown is going to be gone before pick 29 - no way the Packers get that lucky. That combination of youth, size, speed, pedigree, and motor do not last until the late first.
You could be right but I don't see a lot of teams going DT early this year. I see a lot of DE's and WR's early on.

Mark Miller from BR put out a two round mock.

Here's the link and the first round he put together.

Go to the link for the second round.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2323243-2015-nfl-draft-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-pre-divisional

The Big BoardNo matter how often I publish a mock draft, someone (or a group of someones) is always asking for a new one. So this week, I'm doing a full two-round mock for you here. Enjoy.

1. TB QB Jameis Winston, FSU 2. TEN DL Leonard Williams, USC 3. JAX DE Randy Gregory, Nebraska
4. OAK OT La'el Collins, LSU 5. WSH SS Landon Collins, Alabama 6. NYJ QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon 7. CHI DE Shane Ray, Missouri 8. ATL OLB Bud Dupree, Kentucky 9. NYG DE Dante Fowler, Florida 10. STL OT Brandon Scherff, Iowa 11. MIN WR Amari Cooper, Alabama 12. CLV WR Kevin White, West Virginia 13. NO LB Shaq Thompson, Washington 14. MIA DT Malcom Brown, Texas 15. SF WR DeVante Parker, Louisville 16. HOU OT Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame 17. SD OT Andrus Peat, Stanford 18. KC WR Devin Funchess, Michigan 19. CLV DT Danny Shelton, Washington 20. PHI CB Marcus Peters, Washington 21. CIN DE Vic Beasley, Clemson 22. PIT CB Trae Waynes, Michigan St 23. DET DT Eddie Goldman, FSU 24. ARZ TE Maxx Williams, Minnesota 25. CAR OT Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M 26. BAL WR Jaelen Strong, Arizona St. 27. IND FS Gerod Holliman, Louisville 28. DAL DE Eli Harold, Virginia 29. GB ILB Benardrick McKinney, Miss. State 30. DEN OT T.J. Clemmings, Pitt 31. NE DT Jordan Phillips, Oklahoma 32. SEA WR Sammie Coates, Auburn

DGB to NE, hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

This is the only right answer.

I would hate it if SD took a rb in rd 1. Yes they need one but Oline, CB more important IMO. Plus players like Coleman and Duke Johnson avail 2nd and 3rd rd makes it not needed. And I am not high on Gordon and would be skeptical with Gurley's knee (and suffering through Matthews injuries every year).

I also love Crowell in Cle and would be surprised if they took a RB there with WR a bigger need and a nice tandem going on in Crowell and West.

7) Chicago - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
He tore his ACL about a month ago. Not sure somebody would use a Top 10 pick on a guy who wouldn't be able to run pre-draft
Overrated prior anyway. Likely not a top 20 pick per injury.
This isn't the first time since I did the mock I was informed it was an acl tear.

I wasn't aware of that to be honest.

I knew he had a knee injry but never saw a final verdict.

Preinjury, I think this was the spot for him, but I agree he should be bumped down the list with that info

If it fell this way I think the Bengals would either do Shaq (your pick) or Shilique Calhoun. It's so early though, that's entirely just based on style of play compared to needs.
Calhoun is staying in school per a report Sunday.

I definitely could see Shaq playing out as our pick, especially if we don't resign Maualuga.

-QG

I wasn't sold on Marcus as a solid pro QB before last night... Needless to say, my feelings haven't changed.
Yup. Flashes of greatness when the offense is humming along.... flashes of not-so-great when he's challenged and forced to make big plays and carry the team.

I wasn't sold on Marcus as a solid pro QB before last night... Needless to say, my feelings haven't changed.
Yup. Flashes of greatness when the offense is humming along.... flashes of not-so-great when he's challenged and forced to make big plays and carry the team.
I am personally not a big fan either. I don't think his game translates well to the NFL. Saying that, I do see him going in the top 10 this year.

3 Jax - Andrus Peat

6) NYJ - Marcus Mariota

8) ATL - Dante Fowler Jr

9) NYG - Cedric Ogbuehi

17) SD - Melvin Gordon
With all of the Giants needs, don't see them taking a RB with that high a pick.

Browns aren't taking a RB in the 1st either. West and Crow have shown to be NFL quality backs. Cleveland couldn't be that inept.

3 Jax - Andrus Peat

6) NYJ - Marcus Mariota

8) ATL - Dante Fowler Jr

9) NYG - Cedric Ogbuehi

17) SD - Melvin Gordon
With all of the Giants needs, don't see them taking a RB with that high a pick.
Ogbuehi is a LT. That's who I have the Gmen taking

Users who are viewing this thread