What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 NBA Thread: I felt a great disturbance in the trolls, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. (1 Viewer)

Cavs by 6 tonight, followed by two days of stories about "hey, if Lebron doesn't run out of gas in game 4 this would already be over...they had a lead late in game 4 and just couldn't hang on..."

Cavs by 6 tonight, followed by two days of stories about "hey, if Lebron doesn't run out of gas in game 4 this would already be over...they had a lead late in game 4 and just couldn't hang on..."
Lue strategically overworked them to get them in better shape for the last three games.

Remember when some Sixers fans wouldn't trade Okafor for the #3.  

http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/6/16/11957196/nba-trade-rumors-jahlil-okafor-top-five-pick-nerlens-noel

" I think that the Sixers and I both believed that the most valuable asset they had other than the No. 1 pick was [Jahlil] Okafor. I think that now, several weeks of gauging that interest around the league has led them to the conclusion that he might not be as valuable as they once thought. I think they went into the process asking the question, 'Would we trade for the No. 3 pick, or the No. 4 pick or the No. 5 pick for a guy like Okafor, would that be good value for us?' And I think they've walked out of that scenario saying, 'We don't think we can actually get that for Okafor right now.' "

Remember when some Sixers fans wouldn't trade Okafor for the #3.  

http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/6/16/11957196/nba-trade-rumors-jahlil-okafor-top-five-pick-nerlens-noel

" I think that the Sixers and I both believed that the most valuable asset they had other than the No. 1 pick was [Jahlil] Okafor. I think that now, several weeks of gauging that interest around the league has led them to the conclusion that he might not be as valuable as they once thought. I think they went into the process asking the question, 'Would we trade for the No. 3 pick, or the No. 4 pick or the No. 5 pick for a guy like Okafor, would that be good value for us?' And I think they've walked out of that scenario saying, 'We don't think we can actually get that for Okafor right now.' "
All that tells me is that Bryan Colangelo is not as good a GM as Sam hinkie. He's been telegraphing the whole NBA that he is going to move a big what do you think that does to your value.  Of course teams are not going to show interest when they know that you want to eventually move them they're not going to throw the whole farm at you.

All that tells me is that Bryan Colangelo is not as good a GM as Sam hinkie. He's been telegraphing the whole NBA that he is going to move a big what do you think that does to your value.  Of course teams are not going to show interest when they know that you want to eventually move them they're not going to throw the whole farm at you.
From the rest of the article which is what everyone has been saying here.  

I think that's less an indictment on Okafor than it is a realization that center has become a little bit like a running back in the NFL... Especially the sort of player Okafor is, which is a back to the basket, below the rim, not particularly athletic, not going to stretch the floor, doesn't necessarily play defense big man. That just doesn't fit the schemes that most NBA coaches are after, including I think the76ers. So I think there was a major miscalculation on the part of Sam Hinkie when he selected him at [three].

[Nerlens] Noel might actually end up having more trade value because he does some things in the modern NBA, his ability to defend multiple positions, his shot-blocking, his ability to finish on the break, that make him perhaps a more attractive option right now. They're exploring that as well, but it's not easy to necessarily move either of those guys right now and get the sort of value that Philadelphia wants, which I think what they want is a top five or six pick in this draft, or a young point guard, or a young two guard that can really shoot the basketball to pair on the floor with Ben Simmons.
Noel is better suited for the current NBA esp in Browns system.  Should have just taken the 3 and ran w/ it although I guess that was never a choice.  And weren't you suggesting that they could somehow get the #3 and more?  

Insein said:
I don't see that at all...if a star player is available in the NBA you jump at it...it is different than the other sports as making big trades is very difficult...you don't need to hide what you are going to do because the options to obtain a high-end player is limited...many times you will pretty much know when a player is on the block...there are not many NBA trades involving big names that come out of nowhere...maybe there is something in Okafor's game and/or personality that other teams don't like...it could be that simple...that being said I have zero issues with the Celtics dealing Okafor for that #3 (unless there is something negative with him that is not public)...I also think that is a great deal for the Sixers...this has nothing to do with Hinkie v. Colangelo... 

Last edited by a moderator:
sporthenry said:
From the rest of the article which is what everyone has been saying here.  

Noel is better suited for the current NBA esp in Browns system.  Should have just taken the 3 and ran w/ it although I guess that was never a choice.  And weren't you suggesting that they could somehow get the #3 and more?  
I said they shouldn't settle for the 3 because he is worth more. We'll see how valuable a 19 year old 17-7 guy is in 8 months when he's a 20-9 guy at 20 years old. 

That whole article sounds like Collangelo leaking his canned excuse so he can dump the guy to get a throw away guard with the 6th+ pick. 

Our whole franchise is at the crossroads this off season and next and I have no faith in the guy making the decisions.  I'm worried we're going to dump Okafor and Noel for whatever just to "make room." Hope I'm wrong.

Synthesizer said:
I really enjoy watching greatness in any sport.  We've got that right now with Lebron.  But he's not perfect, it's been bumpy at times for him.  So some people love to nit pick him apart.  Personally, I think that is really sad.
I blame having two weeks off in-between games. Gotta yap about something. 

Feels to me like if they are expecting the same game from Kyrie, they are set up for the offseason. Many of those shots he hit in G5 were horrible decisions IMO. 

Tough combo of hard work for missed layups at one end, and giving up quick threes at the other.

Did Curry trip over a shoelace or something on that last three?  Weird how he finished the play on the ground like that.

Users who are viewing this thread