What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Supplemental Draft (1 Viewer)

It won't happen and I'm not even sure it's possible for him to enter, but I bet there are multiple teams that would throw down a 1st rounder on Jones. The Texans for one.

It won't happen and I'm not even sure it's possible for him to enter, but I bet there are multiple teams that would throw down a 1st rounder on Jones. The Texans for one.
How so?Yea, I agree
I'm not sure, but I think you need a decent reason to declare for the supplemental draft.--you can't just up and do it. I could be wrong, though.
I am pretty sure you are right, usually getting kicked off a team or something like that. You can't just not declare for the NFL draft and change your mind a couple months later.

How so?Yea, I agree
I'm not sure, but I think you need a decent reason to declare for the supplemental draft.--you can't just up and do it. I could be wrong, though.
I am pretty sure you are right, usually getting kicked off a team or something like that. You can't just not declare for the NFL draft and change your mind a couple months later.
Right, that's what I thought. You need to be ineligible to play college football the next season, I think. There's a reason not many players declare. But I don't know exactly what he rules are.

How so?Yea, I agree
This is exactly what it was created for-players that became ineligible for college football and/or got kicked off teams since NFL draft eligibility closed. It did not start out as some group of good guys but more with a 2nd chance in life type feel

I know this is a little off topic, but is anyone else surprised that Braxton Miller can transfer to any college without taking a year off and play, yet is choosing to stay with Ohio State? He could easily end up being the 3rd quarterback.

I know this is a little off topic, but is anyone else surprised that Braxton Miller can transfer to any college without taking a year off and play, yet is choosing to stay with Ohio State? He could easily end up being the 3rd quarterback.
That tells me his shoulder isn't right. If he was ready to throw he'd go somewhere with a shot to start and maybe improve his NFL stock. If his shoulder is shot may be his ticket into the NFL, staying where Meyer will find a way to get him the ball and showcase his other skills. He's always been an RB with a decent arm so maybe this paves the way for a position change.

Rotoworld:

Clemson senior T Isaiah Battle, who recently declared for the Supplemental Draft, was recently cited for possession of marijuana, according to The Clemson Insider.

Battle was pulled over for speeding and was also handed a citation for simple possession. "Sources told us he left the team because this was the third and final strike for the senior left tackle," Will Vandervort writes. "We were told, "He had no money left in the bank."' Battle stated his reasoning to enter the Supplemental Draft was due to the upcoming birth of his child. Either way, Battle's time with Clemson would have seemingly ended soon.

Source: The Clemson Insider
Jun 25 - 1:39 PM
Clemson LT Isaiah Battle will enter the Supplemental Draft.

"I have some family matters to address, with a child due this summer, and I feel it is in my best interest to enter the NFL Supplemental Draft," Battle said in a statement. Battle started 11 games on Clemson's blindside in 2014. Standing in at 6-foot-7, Battle needs to add some weight to his 275-pound frame, but is a plus athlete. Two NFL sources tell Yahoo's Charles Robinson that teams could be willing to use a third-round pick on the 22 year old.

Source: ESPN.com
Jun 25 - 1:28 PM

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 5m5 minutes ago

If I had to guess, I'd say Battle gets picked in the 3rd rd of the supplemental draft. That's without any knowledge of character situation
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 8m8 minutes ago

Studied Clemson OT Isaiah Battle. Ideal size (6'6 1/2 326) & length (35 1/4 inch arms). Quick feet & flashes power but plays too high/narrow

Last edited by a moderator:
That tells me his shoulder isn't right. If he was ready to throw he'd go somewhere with a shot to start and maybe improve his NFL stock. If his shoulder is shot may be his ticket into the NFL, staying where Meyer will find a way to get him the ball and showcase his other skills. He's always been an RB with a decent arm so maybe this paves the way for a position change.
He has a child. He has drama with the mother of the child. He doesn't want to leave.

I don't know any details. I can make assumptions and whatever it is my mind goes to "good dad" for staying near his kid.

He's from Ohio.

There's articles and tweets that he has poor choices in women and goes from one to the next.

He's close to his family. Maybe mom or dad want to spend a year discussing choices and accountability before the NFL?

I won't fault a kid for making mistakes and wanting to right the ship, I sure won't for standing by his kid and family.

I haven't a clue how a child custody judge handles leaving to play ball for school, but I imagine the NFL is a job and traveling for a job is construed differently.

Still everything I read says to me a boy became a man too early and needs to settle down a bit.

Have Waldman and Bloom discussed these two yet?

Can Battle play G? Titans totally need a G. He doesn't have to be good, just not made of swiss cheese

Rotoworld:

UConn graduate TE Sean McQuillan is available to be selected in the Supplemental Draft.

McQuillan was looking to transfer to another program for the 2015 season after his April arrest for an assault and disorderly conduct charge. He was scheduled to be a team captain and started 19 games over the last twos seasons. We don't expect him to be selected.

Source: Michael Signora on Twitter
Jul 3 - 2:12 PM

Rotoworld:

NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt reports that Clemson LT Isaiah Battle will have his pro day on July 7th at Clemson.

The Clemson prospect may be one of the only players taken in the supplemental draft this year, and could cost an interested team a potential third or fourth-round pick in next year's draft. The 6-foot-7, 275-pound Battle has recorded 32 knockdowns in 1,336 snaps over 27 games.

Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter
Jul 3 - 3:35 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Mike Reiss reports 26 teams attended Clemson LT Isaiah Battle's Pro Day on Tuesday.

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins were one of them, though it would obviously be easier to report the teams that didn't attend. Battle is viewed as having day-two upside, but he also has a history of off-the-field issues. He should be the first player taken in the Supplemental Draft since 2012, but it may not be until Rounds 4-7.

Source: Mike Reiss on Twitter
Jul 7 - 6:46 PM
Clemson OT Isaiah Battle measured 6-foot-6, 312 with 35 3/8-inch arms at his Pro Day on Tuesday.

He ran 5.22 in the forty. The measurables are ideal for an NFL tackle, and far more impressive than Battle's lanky 6-foot-7, 290 listing on the Clemson website. Battle's pro readiness is in doubt, but he certainly looks the part.

Source: Mark Dominik on Twitter
Jul 7 - 8:11 PM

Rotoworld:

Jason Cole spoke with one NFL GM who gave Clemson supplemental draft T Isaiah Battle a third-round grade.

However, the GM says Battle would be lucky to earn a fourth-round selection. "I wouldn't touch him," the decision maker added. We are shocked to see the third-round value based on film, as Battle is a waist bender who lacks functional strength and is a mediocre athlete. Yes, Battle plays a pivotal position (left tackle) and has extreme length (35 3/8"), but we are far from sold.

Source: Jason Cole on Twitter
Jul 9 - 10:52 AM

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Mike Reiss reports 26 teams attended Clemson LT Isaiah Battle's Pro Day on Tuesday.

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins were one of them, though it would obviously be easier to report the teams that didn't attend. Battle is viewed as having day-two upside, but he also has a history of off-the-field issues. He should be the first player taken in the Supplemental Draft since 2012, but it may not be until Rounds 4-7.

Source: Mike Reiss on Twitter
Jul 7 - 6:46 PM
Clemson OT Isaiah Battle measured 6-foot-6, 312 with 35 3/8-inch arms at his Pro Day on Tuesday.

He ran 5.22 in the forty. The measurables are ideal for an NFL tackle, and far more impressive than Battle's lanky 6-foot-7, 290 listing on the Clemson website. Battle's pro readiness is in doubt, but he certainly looks the part.

Source: Mark Dominik on Twitter
Jul 7 - 8:11 PM
On the early 2016 rankings, Draftscout has him as the 5th OT for the 2016 draft and his 40 time is 4.97

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/OT

Users who are viewing this thread