What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016-17 NBA Thread: Finals are over, please go away (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why

They're going to wax Boston or Washington too. 
Thought Tucker and Ibaka would help more than they have. Didn't think it would go 7 but thought it would be competitive (like Indy was last series). Going to be a very interesting offseason now for the Raptors. 

Go Spurs!

I don't care how this playoff season unfolds, but as a dedicated fan since 1992, I count myself among the most spoiled of all sports fans.

If this turns out to be Warriors-Cavs 3, I dare say it could be the greatest trilogy in the history of sports....ok thats hyperbole but maybe 2nd behind ali-frazier

I'm not blinded by hate.  Cleveland is 9-10 players deep, perfectly capable of repeating as champions, and he is publicly #####ing about needing another playmaker midseason.  Goats don't do that.  
"“I hate being out there with those garbage men. They don’t get you the ball.” - Michael Jordan

"“If I were a general manager, we’d be a better team.” - Michael Jordan

If this turns out to be Warriors-Cavs 3, I dare say it could be the greatest trilogy in the history of sports....ok thats hyperbole but maybe 2nd behind ali-frazier
Trilogy aside, nothing but nothing compares to the Celtics-Lakers series of the 80's, except of course the '83 76-ers.

"“I hate being out there with those garbage men. They don’t get you the ball.” - Michael Jordan

"“If I were a general manager, we’d be a better team.” - Michael Jordan
I honestly don't give a #### about reading any other quotes from Jordan people are pasting from some Google search.

Cleveland's roster was deep enough at that time for another serious postseason so I don't wtf James was whining about.  People need to get off his nuts and realize how good of a roster they have aside from him.    

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleveland's roster was deep enough at that time for another serious postseason so I don't wtf James was whining about.  People need to get off his nuts and realize how good of a roster they have aside from him.    
They were 0-8 without LBJ this year.

Half of those guys wouldn't be there if James wasn't.

Do we really need to recap how bad Cleveland was those four years LeBron was gone? 

hThey were 0-8 without LBJ this year.
To be fair some of those were games where Irving and/or Love sat too.  However they were also like 2-15 without him last year.

Its a fine supporting cast, but nothing special.  Especially when the reigning MVP's supporting cast includes another recent MVP and two other players as good as or better than the second-best player on the Cavs.

This particular playoff run seems like a real odd time to engage in Lebron bashing. He's won 2 games surrounded by 4 role players while Irving and Love sat on the bench. What other NBA star wins 2 playoff games, in 2017, surrounded by Tristan Thompson, Deron Williams, Kyle Korver and Iman Shumpert?

This particular playoff run seems like a real odd time to engage in Lebron bashing. He's won 2 games surrounded by 4 role players while Irving and Love sat on the bench. What other NBA star wins 2 playoff games, in 2017, surrounded by Tristan Thompson, Deron Williams, Kyle Korver and Iman Shumpert?
Don't stop him he is on a roll. Blinded by hate. He says goats don't ever ask for help then we post quotes of arguable goats asking for help. Then he moves the goal posts to goats don't ask for help mid season the year after winning a championship. Lol. Show us on the doll where King James touched your mom tjnc.

Are they playing the Raptors? If so I say quite a few.

I am not Lebron bashing at all, he is an all time great and the best player in the game right now.

Are they playing the Raptors? If so I say quite a few.

I am not Lebron bashing at all, he is an all time great and the best player in the game right now.
Looks like he was referring to the pacers series. Please list the NBA stars that could pull off a 26+ point half-time historic comeback with the second and third best player on the bench. He assited or scored on 73 points and had a triple double.

Looks like he was referring to the pacers series. Please list the NBA stars that could pull off a 26+ point half-time historic comeback with the second and third best player on the bench. He assited or scored on 73 points and had a triple double.
Harden, Kawhi, Westbrook, Durant off the top of my head. Do it every time? No, but there are other players that could do it.

Not sure why it is funny, other than the one guy in this thread no one is saying LeBron isn't an all time great.  Harden and Westbrook led their team to the playoffs with a bunch of role players. Not sure why beating a team that barely made the playoffs and their best player was imploding on his teammates is that much different.

Last edited by a moderator:
A game in each series actually. Last night's game was a 2-pointer to start the 4th. That unit opened it up while Kyrie and Kevin didn't play a minute in the 4th. But yeah, the comeback in the Pacers series was even more impressive.

Not sure why it is funny, other than the one guy in this thread no one is saying LeBron isn't an all time great.  Harden and Westbrook led their team to the playoffs with a bunch of role players. Not sure why beating a team that barely made the playoffs and their best player was imploding on his teammates is that much different.
We are talking about the playoffs though? You know the ones where Westbrook was 4/18 in the 4th and harden playing horrible in?

I do have some concern about how much 4th quarter bench time Irving's ego can handle. Not that he's a poor team guy, but that has to sting a star of his standing.

You guys can show me all th stats in the world to fit your argument and Lebron can win 5 more rings and he will always be behind Jordan and Bird.

Lebron did impress me last year when he took over and carried his team from defeat to victory but it took him 10 years to realize that ability.

Jordan and Larry would have mentally decimated a young Lebron James to the point I'm not even sure he could recover. Hell, I don't even think Lebron would be strong willed enough to recover from a hard foul from a bum like Bill Laimbeer, much less the mental games Jordan and Bird would have employed.

Go ahead and lol at me and point to your stats. It's just my honest opinion. 

You guys can show me all th stats in the world to fit your argument and Lebron can win 5 more rings and he will always be behind Jordan and Bird.

Lebron did impress me last year when he took over and carried his team from defeat to victory but it took him 10 years to realize that ability.

Jordan and Larry would have mentally decimated a young Lebron James to the point I'm not even sure he could recover. Hell, I don't even think Lebron would be strong willed enough to recover from a hard foul from a bum like Bill Laimbeer, much less the mental games Jordan and Bird would have employed.

I'll take things that would have never happened for 200.

I think Oubre had to be suspended. I have to think that him running through a referee was a factor in that. Kinda like you running through a cop to get to a guy in a bar fight. You're going to jail. There needs to be respect for the officials.

Quite frankly, if I was commish, someone would have needed to talk me out of giving him 2 games to avoid him playing in Boston.

I think Oubre had to be suspended. I have to think that him running through a referee was a factor in that. Kinda like you running through a cop to get to a guy in a bar fight. You're going to jail. There needs to be respect for the officials.

Quite frankly, if I was commish, someone would have needed to talk me out of giving him 2 games to avoid him playing in Boston.
I'm sure there would be plenty of nooses in the crowd if Oubre were to go back to Boston.

Bird. :rolleyes:  Come on already. 

Unless the Rockets are willing to make some adjustments in game 4, I have a hard time seeing them winning this series.  Collins mentioned during the broadcast about the fact that sometimes maybe you just have to take some of those mid-range jumpers if they are there, even if it will make Daryl Morey slit his wrist.  If the Spurs are going to pack it in down low, then do something a little different.  Of course, in the end, a lot of shots weren't falling and Harden just looks a little off.  So there is certainly a chance that they just come back in the next game and hope that Anderson is making some more shots and things even out. But in the end, the Spurs have more moves to go to and are willing to change, so it seems like the Rockets could be ####ed.

Well, at least one thing about the NBA is definitely better during the regular season than during the playoffs.

We are talking about the playoffs though? You know the ones where Westbrook was 4/18 in the 4th and harden playing horrible in?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  you aren't even smart enough to realize how different it is playing against a team like the Pacers vs a team like the Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread