What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 New York Giants Thread (2 Viewers)

monk said:
Matt Slauson and Antrel Rolle are available FAs !!! The Giants have to go after Slauson and should go after Rolle.

Those 2 would fill 2 huge holes for the Giants 
I agree with Slauson. Not Rolle he played poorly his last year with the Giants and not any better with the Bears. Some want him for leadership purposes, but it's time to allow for some of the younger guys to develop into leaders.

Dolphins waive former Giants DE Damontre Moore

Looks like the Giants made the right decision there.

Giants Center Weston Richburg calls out his fellow linemen in interview at O-Line Performance Center. Below is a small excerpt. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature/25577288/in-the-line-of-fire

That's why they are here -- to get better. Mainly because they don't feel they get enough teaching from their own NFL coaches. The techniques taught by Bentley might be different than what these linemen are taught when they are with their teams, but the 30 guys who spend eight weeks here swear by the techniques. A lack of fundamental teaching is one reason for the poor state of line play, many of them say.

Is technique taught in the NFL?

Richburg: There isn't much teaching going on at all. It's kind of sink or swim. That's why I am here.

Warmack: What is good technique? Even if you have coaches who want to implement the techniques, it's not the right way. You do the same thing 1,000 times and it's wrong. Then you get in the game and they want me to block an All-Pro three-technique and you've been doing the same thing that's wrong since April. And it's October, and you get torn out the frame (on film). It's your fault. Not his fault. It's our fault.

Lines also need to get reps together to grow. Limits on practice time have impacted that, which I think has hurt line play. How do you get enough reps together?

Massie: It's not like it used to be with the rules changes. But you have to work at it. Not just on the field, in the meeting room. Sitting around eating, you have to talk about football. It's always got to be about football. Everybody has personal goals. If all five guys are not on the same page, you have problems. You have to be on the same page.

Warmack: It's a level of commitment. You have to be in this s--- all the time. It's always got to be about football. If I am watching television, and something pops up, it has to be, 'Oh, s---, this reminds me of this play. That looks like a set. This reminds me of an Indy game."

Long: Rolling in the chopper in Predator. That reminds me of sitting in the training room getting my tape on getting ready to get on the field.

Lines also stayed together back in the day. There wasn't as much movement with no free agency. Has that made it tougher to be good up front?

Massie: You have to get used to play besides somebody else all the time. You have to jell together quickly.

Warmack: You can't sign a guy on Tuesday and expect continuity on Sunday.

Long: He (the new guy) may know what inside zone is, and he might know the play, but he won't know how Chance will block a backside scoop or the pace of the block. That stuff.

Warmack: You have to know who is working next to you and complement each other's games. That's a must to play good on the line. Teams are getting away from that.

So it's a big advantage for Long and Massie to work here and then play side-by-side in Chicago this year?

Long: Unfair advantage. It's illegal.

Why do we not see more do this type of thing to get better together?

Long: They don't care enough.

Richburg: The percentage of guys who are just OK to be there (in the league) is pretty high. This is pretty rare. The majority of my offensive line is not doing anything right now.

Warmack: It's the commitment. It's the choice.

Massie: It takes a certain type of guy to come here.

Long: Like Jay Z said, it's not for everybody.

Massie: Everybody in this gym aren't elite players, but at least they are doing it.

Richburg: I know a lot of guys are just happy to be there. That's the difference between them and the guys who are here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lines also stayed together back in the day. There wasn't as much movement with no free agency. Has that made it tougher to be good up front?

Richburg: The percentage of guys who are just OK to be there (in the league) is pretty high. This is pretty rare. The majority of my offensive line is not doing anything right now.
Ugh

One positive is new Oline coach played the position. One of the criticisms in the article was having a position coach that hadn't played the position. Former coach Flaherty did as well so don't take it as a knock on him.

Mike Solari (born January 16, 1955) is an American football coach and former player. He is currently the offensive line coach for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). Solari has previously worked for five other NFL teams, including a stint as offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs from 2006 to 2007. He played collegiately as an offensive lineman at San Diego State University.

Eli Apple's mom says:

“Eli was offered Rolex watches and diamonds to wear on draft day,” Annie Apple wrote. “I told him, ‘Dude, you’re an unemployed college dropout. You will not be on TV with a Rolex.’ So we decided if he needed to know what time it was, he could just look at his phone. I bought him a portable charger.”

Eli Apple's mom says:

“Eli was offered Rolex watches and diamonds to wear on draft day,” Annie Apple wrote. “I told him, ‘Dude, you’re an unemployed college dropout. You will not be on TV with a Rolex.’ So we decided if he needed to know what time it was, he could just look at his phone. I bought him a portable charger.”
That's awesome!

Richburg at OTA:

Q: Do you think the other offensive linemen took offense to your comments about their training?

A: Well, those things were taken out of context. Speaking on what I believe about the place I train, I think it is a great spot. I wish everybody could be out there because we do some really great stuff. Like I said, I will be out there every off-season until I am done playing.

Q: Are you going to try and get a couple of your teammates out there next year?

A: Well [John Jerry] is out there with me now, so like I said, I would love to have everybody out there. It is a great spot and we do a lot of good work.

Q: Can you give us an idea of something that really makes a big difference there?

A: Well, it is all --- we are not just bench pressing. We are doing things that are applicable to what we are doing on the field, so we may do a lifting movement but then go to the field and kind of show how that movement translates to what we do on the field in pass blocking or run blocking.

Q: This is the LeCharles Bentley School?

A: Yes.

BBI OTA Report

MAY 23, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS OTA PRACTICE REPORT…
Phase Three (Weeks 6-9) of the New York Giants voluntary nine-week offseason program started on Monday. During Phase Three of offseason programs, NFL teams may conduct a total of 10 days of organized team practice activities, or “OTAs”. No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.

The OTA practices will be held May 23-24, May 26, June 1-3, June 6-7, and June 9-10. The Giants will hold a mandatory, full-team mini-camp on June 14-16.

INJURY REPORT AND ABSENTEES…
Safety Cooper Taylor had surgery last week to repair a sports hernia injury and will be out until training camp begins on July 28.

Working on the side were wide receiver Victor Cruz (calf), running back Orleans Darkwa (leg), offensive tackle Byron Stingily (unknown), and defensive end Romeo Okwara (unknown).

“Right now, we’re looking for (Cruz) to get back here and he’s working to get back to training camp,” said Head Coach Ben McAdoo. “Small steps.”

Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was a no-show for the voluntary OTA. “DRC wasn’t able to make it today,” said McAdoo. “We look forward to getting him back here as soon as we can…It’s a voluntary opportunity, OTA’s. If he’s here, we’ll coach him. If he’s not, we wish him nothing but the best…We want all of our guys here. We feel it’s important to developing the team and building fundamentals and working on communication and we can’t wait to get DRC back.” (Reports say it was for personal reasons and he's expected Tuesday.)

PRACTICE NOTES…
Some snippets from various media sources:

The first-team safeties were Landon Collins and Nat Berhe. The second-team safeties were Bennett Jackson and Darian Thompson.

The first-team wide receivers were Odell Beckham, Jr. and Geremy Davis outside, with Dwayne Harris playing in the slot.

Cornerback Eli Apple received time with the first unit and did a nice job against receivers such as Geremy Davis and Dwayne Harris. He worked both outside and in the slot.

Offensive lineman Bobby Hart appeared to work exclusively at right tackle, even receiving some first-team reps.

Nikita Whitlock lined up at fullback with second team in drills. Will Johnson appeared to work with the second team at H-Back.

Adam Gettis was working with the second-team offensive line at center.

Brad Bars appears to have been shifted from defensive end to linebacker.

Cornerback Janoris Jenkins had a nice pass breakup of a deep pass from quarterback Eli Manning to wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr.

Wide receiver Geremy Davis made a diving catch of a deep ball from quarterback Eli Manning.

Wide receiver Roger Lewis beat cornerback Tramain Jacobs on a deep pass from quarterback Ryan Nassib.

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/2016/05/23/may-23-2016-new-york-giants-ota-practice-report/

Coughlin tells an Eli story

As best as Tom Coughlin can remember it, Eli Manning had already left the New York Giants facility after an offseason workout followed by a charity event a couple years ago. Manning’s phone rang, the news coming in that a special visitor had arrived at the team’s practice facility in East Rutherford, N.J. He immediately turned his car around and headed back to the practice center.

The special visitor wasn’t a free agent wide receiver. It wasn’t even an offensive lineman. And it wasn’t some high-roller with season tickets in a suite or a sponsor looking for a scheduled photo op.

Instead, it was a young boy, a Giants fan, who had shown up hoping to meet Manning but had just missed the quarterback. Why Manning cared about this one fan sums up everything that needs to be known about an NFL star who is more comfortable making memories for a fan battling cancer than being in the limelight.

It was a Friday afternoon during offseason workouts and Coughlin, then the Giants coach, was having his annual Sundae Blitz event at the team facility. One afternoon every year, the Giants facility is taken over by children battling cancer and their families, invited their by Coughlin. It is a day where they forget about being sick, rather spending their time going through NFL drills and being instructed by players and coaches.

The day ends with a barbecue and ice cream sundaes in the team cafeteria. But this one boy was late, having had chemotherapy treatments that morning. His parents rushed to try to get him to the event; he was a huge Giants fan and his favorite player was Manning. He wanted to meet the Giants quarterback and simply talk to him.

The event ended and Coughlin remembers Manning sticking around for a half-hour, waiting for this fan to show up. He never did and Manning left.

“It didn’t seem like the family was going to make it so Eli started home. The boy showed up with his dad, the dad was carrying the boy,” Coughlin told ‘Giants Wire.’

So the organization called Manning who was on the road, heading to his north Jersey home. He quickly made a U-turn and came back to the facility to spend time with the family.

“They thought it was the greatest experience of their life. The boy passed away a few weeks later unfortunately,” Coughlin said.

In a letter to the Giants, the father said that “it was one of the most exciting things in his young life and the dad would never forget the act of kindness from Eli.”

This Friday the Giants will host the Sundae Blitz event once again in conjunction with Coughlin’s Jay Fund foundation. The charity supports families with a child battling cancer.

The charity was named in honor of Jay McGillis, a safety at Boston College who played for Coughlin. McGillis was diagnosed with leukemia while playing at Boston College and died eight months later.

http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2016/06/02/tom-coughlin-recounts-the-one-time-eli-manning-made-a-u-turn-on-the-road-to-meet-a-kid-battling-cancer/

David Diehl asks Eli Apple and Sterling Shepard when they knew they were in the NFL:Apple: When Odell Beckham ran a slant on him and in three steps was gone. "Changed my life!"Shepard: When I caught a hitch and ran about 10 yards and thought no one would be behind me, maybe a db, and he turns and JPP was right there. "That big guy is after me!"There's some other funny lines from Mcadoo, Spags, Sullivan and Snacks also. All seem like good guys.Giants.com Townhall 

Cruz hasn't done any team activities at any of the OTAs and isn't expected to during minicamp this week either. It's really odd for how healthy they claim he is that he hasn't even taken a few snaps just to see how his body feels the day after it. Seems to me that would be a safer way to go, rather than waiting till camp where contact is allowed for his initial reps of this off-season. At this rate he might end up on the PUP.

netnalp said:
Cruz hasn't done any team activities at any of the OTAs and isn't expected to during minicamp this week either. It's really odd for how healthy they claim he is that he hasn't even taken a few snaps just to see how his body feels the day after it. Seems to me that would be a safer way to go, rather than waiting till camp where contact is allowed for his initial reps of this off-season. At this rate he might end up on the PUP.
Cruz may participate in mini camphttp://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/06/wide_receiver_victor_cruz_says_he_might_participat.html#incart_river_index

Spagnuolo:"I was like, `What number is Shepard?''' Spagnulo said. "But you didn't need the number to find him. I'll tell you, I was looking at tape the other day and we had a receiver doing some things against us and I told the staff we have to do a better job there against Odell (Beckham, Jr.). And then I looked again and it was not Odell, it was actually Shepard. That's a heck of a compliment right there.''

New York Giants 2016 Training Camp Schedule

Friday, July 29: 10:40 a.m. – Practice
Saturday, July 30: 10:40 a.m. – Practice
Sunday, July 31: 10:40 a.m. – Practice
Monday, August 1: CAMP CLOSED; no practice
Tuesday, August 2: 10:40 a.m. – Practice
Wednesday, August 3: CAMP CLOSED
Thursday, August 4: 10:40 a.m. – Practice
Friday, August 5: 10:40 a.m. – Practice
Saturday, August 6: 10:40 a.m. – Practice
Sunday, August 7: CAMP CLOSED; no practice
Monday, August 8: 11:10 a.m. – Practice
Tuesday, August 9: 10:40 a.m. – Practice
Wednesday, August 10: 10:40 a.m. – Practice
Thursday, August 11: CAMP CLOSED; no practice
Friday, August 12: Giants vs. Dolphins, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 13: CAMP CLOSED; no practice
Sunday, August 14: 11:10 a.m. – Practice
Monday, August 15: CAMP CLOSED; end of training camp

Snacks, Bromley and JT Thomas start training camp on PUP list

Cruz cleared for practice tomorrow 

Giants camp 8/3

LEON HALL VISITS GIANTS AGAIN…
Unrestricted free agent cornerback Leon Hall (Cincinnati Bengals) visited the New York Giants on Wednesday. Hall had visited the team back in early May but obviously did not sign a contract with the team at that time.

The 31-year old Hall was originally drafted in the 1st round of the 2007 NFL Draft by the Cincinnati Bengals. In his nine seasons with the Bengals, Hall has played in 121 regular-season games with 105 starts. Hall started four of the 14 games he played in last season, finishing with 44 tackles, nine pass defenses, and two interceptions. He also won “AFC Player of the Week” for his performance in a December game against the St. Louis Rams.

The aging Hall is a physical press corner who tackles very well. He is very experienced and technically-sound. The strength of Hall’s game is his ability to cover receivers out of the slot position. Versatile, Hall has also played safety in some packages. Hall has suffered two Achilles’ tendon injuries (2011 and 2013) that has robbed him of some of his explosiveness. Hall also had back surgery this offseason to repair a disc injury. He is a hard worker and team leader.

PRACTICE NOTES…
Some snippets from various media sources:

Quarterback Eli Manning has had a strong start to training camp and looked sharp again on Wednesday.

Defensive end Kerry Wynn and defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins flashed in run defense.

Working with the third-team defense, defensive end Romeo Okwara blew up a running play.

Quarterback Eli Manning hit running back Shane Vereen for a long touchdown off a wheel route. 

Linebacker Keenan Robinson worked with the first-team nickel defense and looked sharp in pass coverage.

• Wide receiver Victor Cruz was rotated in with first-team offense. However, Cruz has yet to make many plays in practice and has not flashed his past explosiveness.
  • Cornerback Eli Apple had blanket coverage on wide receiver Geremy Davis on a go route.
Second-team safeties were Nat Berhe and Andrew Adams.

Linebacker Jonathan Casillas separated the ball from an intended receiver with a big hit.

Quarterback Ryan Nassib was not sharp, but he did hit tight end Matt LaCosse over the middle for a big gain.

Cornerback Janoris Jenkins broke up a fade pass into the end zone intended for wide receiver Roger Lewis from quarterback Eli Manning.

Linebacker B.J. Goodson received some second-team reps in 7-on-7 drills.

Quarterback Eli Manning targeted wide receiver Sterling Shepard quite a bit with success.

Quarterback Eli Manning hit tight end Larry Donnell deep down the right sideline, beating linebacker Jasper Brinkley. (VIDEO)

Defensive end Olivier Vernon gave left tackle Ereck Flowers problems with his quickness.

Running back Bobby Rainey broke a long run with the first-team offense out of the no-huddle.

Wide receiver K.J. Maye made a diving reception on a pass from quarterback Ryan Nassib.

Linebacker Brad Bars – a converted defensive end – flashed in run defense.

Cornerback Trevin Wade had a strong day playing the slot corner position.

Giants CB Janoris Jenkins bounces back | Practice report

OBSERVATIONS:

Victor Cruz again worked with the first-team offense, but he did not record any catches during team periods. The one time Cruz was targeted deep by Eli Manning in 11-on-11s, the wide receiver didn't appear to have the extra gear necessary to catch up to a slightly overthrown ball.

Eli Apple continues to work exclusively on the outside. Typically Apple rotates in with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who either comes off the field or moves into the slot. Apple had blanket coverage on a deep ball from Manning to Geremy Davis that fell incomplete.

•Tight end Larry Donnell made another big play, beating Jasper Brinkley deep down the right sideline. The play could have gone for a touchdown, but Donnell couldn't keep his feet after snagging a beautiful pass from Manning.

•Quick hits: Third-string quarterback Logan Thomas fumbled a snap during a run drill for the second consecutive day. Undrafted free agent Marshaun Coprich dropped an easy pass from Thomas during a team period. That's not the impression two players fighting for a roster spot want to make ... Manning lumbered in for a touchdown when the pocket broke down in the red zone during an 11-on-11 drill ... Running back Bobby Rainey broke a long run with the first-team offense during a no-huddle 11-on-11 period.

PLAY OF THE DAY:

Manning connected with Shane Vereen on a picture-perfect wheel route up the left sideline during a 7-on-7 period. The play may have been called back in a game because the receiver appeared to set a pick on the linebacker covering Vereen, but it was a good-looking connection on the practice field.

QUARTERBACK STATS:

•Manning went 4-for-5 in 7-on-7 periods, completing passes to Vereen, Donnell, Rashad Jennings and Myles White.

•Manning completed 10-of-13 passes in 11-on-11 periods. Sterling Shepard (3), Geremy Davis (2), Dwayne Harris (2), Donnell, Jennings and Will Tye caught passes from Manning in the 11-on-11s.

Camp Thursday

RECEIVERS PUT ON A SHOW. If the evening Giants highlight reel consists of nothing but plays made by receivers Sterling Shepard, Geremy Davis, Tavarress King and Roger Lewis, don’t be surprised. Those receivers—Shepard and Davis especially—put on a show for the fans in attendance.

Shepard, in fact, seemed impossible to cover by anyone but Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie while Davis came up with two beautiful receptions on outside throws, catches on which he did a nice job of remaining aware of where the sideline was and making sure he stayed in bounds.

King, who produced some pretty catches last week, was right back to making his case for a roster spot again today. In one drill in which the receivers went against defensive backs, King somehow shook tight coverage and managed to separate down the sideline. Then for kicks, he made a diving one-handed catch that Odell Beckham Jr. probably would have been proud of.

CRUZ TAKES A BEATING. Not to be outdone, receiver Victor Cruz participated in probably his most physical practice since his two-year injury odyssey began. Cruz was brought down at least twice and both times he sprung to his feet as though he had landed on a pile of pillows.

Earlier this summer, Cruz spoke of knowing when he’d be all the way back when that first hard thumping camp. While he’s sure to be sore after today, the fact that he made it through the beating unscathed has to be a big mental boost for him.

JOANTHAN’S PICK. Last summer, linebacker Jonathan Casillas offered some excellent insight into which player to watch moving forward, that being fullback Nikita Whitlock. So this year, I went back to that well, asking Casillas for his early choice of offensive players who have thus far blown him away.

He thought about it for a bit and then said, “No. 39.”

That would be rookie running back Paul Perkins, the team’s fifth-round draft pick this year. After missing most of the spring while he completed classes at UCLA, Perkins has been nothing short of dynamic with the ball in his hands; more importantly, the rookie has been making up what he missed in what seems like record time.

Perkins is quick, has shown good vision, and reads his blocks well, both as an inside and outside runner. while all those things have impressed Casillas, there’s something else that has made the veteran linebacker take notice.

“Watching the young running back, today and yesterday, I saw him make a cut in the hole in half time and I don’t know if I’ve seen that out of other guys,” Casillas said. “Then he had a couple of good runs today.

“I haven’t gone against him yet, but just watching him out there, he made a cut yesterday that I haven’t seen a lot of guys make. It was like kind of get the ball in his hands and he just make a quick move. You have to have explosiveness, intuitiveness and extreme quickness to make a move like that.

“Today we saw him running down the field a few times with the ball in his hands, and that’s not a good thing defensively, but offensively he’s going to put some people in the stands.”

Sunday will be a day of rest for the New York Giants after their longest, most grueling practice of training camp. Let’s use the off day to catch our breath and offer some observations as we head toward the preseason.

• I have no idea at this point who will win the last couple of wide receiver roster spots, but it’s turning out to be a heckuva battle. Geremy DavisMyles White,Roger LewisTavarres King and Darius Powe have been taking turns one-upping each other.
  • Coach Ben McAdoo said recently that it’s not easy completing passes against the Giants’ corners, and we saw that on Saturday. Highlight after highlight showed terrific work by Eli AppleJanoris Jenkins and others.
  • I don’t know how the running back depth chart is going to shake out past Rashad Jennings. I do know that if I was Andre Williams I wouldn’t be buying property or signing a long-term lease.
  • I get asked about the right side of the offensive line all the time. I still believe that the Giants will add one or two offensive linemen off the waiver wire before the season starts.
  • Speaking of the offensive line, right tackle appears to be a competition in theory only. The only first-team reps Bobby Hart has taken have come during walk-through portions of practice. Until he takes live reps where he works with the first line and actually has to block Jason Pierre-Paul, there is no competition.
  • Despite the signing of Leon Hall, I still think undrafted free agent Donte Deayonhas a chance to make the roster. The kid just keeps making plays.
  • I might be wrong about Larry Donnell not making the 53-man roster. By all accounts, the veteran tight end is having a nice camp.
  • I love the physicality Ben McAdoo has asked for/allowed from his players during training camp. In recent years, Tom Coughlin’s practices had seemed anything but physical. You can’t prepare for football without at least coming close to the physicality you will experience during a game.
  • You’re dead wrong if you think the signing of Hall means the Giants are dissatisfied with Apple. The first-round pick is an outside corner, not a slot guy. They are vastly different positions. This allows the Giants to leave Apple outside, where his future is, and to let him develop.
  • McAdoo is more open than Coughlin with the media when he wants to be. Like Coughlin, though, he is becoming masterful at really blowing past a question or giving a “non-answer” answer when he gets a question he doesn’t want to discuss during his daily briefings.
  • Linebackers coach Bill McGovern said recently there is a “wide open” competitionfor playing time at that spot. I don’t believe that’s true. Devon Kennard will be the SAM. At this point, I’ll be stunned if Jonathan Casillas isn’t the WILL. The only real question is who is in the middle, and I believe that will either be Jasper Brinkley or Keenan Robinson.
  • If he emerges from the preseason healthy, third-round pick Darian Thompson will be the starting free safety. I think you can bank on that.
  • I believe Carl Banks was right the other day when he said that the Giants’ defense might finish middle of the pack statistically, but be an opportunistic group that generates lots of sacks and turnovers. That, actually, is the type of defense you want the way the game is played now. Defense is about the big play, the turnover, changing momentum. That’s what you hope to see.
  • I like the fact that McAdoo said he wouldn’t waste time preparing for or studying the Dolphins in advance of Friday’s preseason opener. Who really cares about a game plan or studying the opponent at this point. Take your limited practice time and work on making your team better.
  • McAdoo and offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan keep deflecting the “who will call the plays?” question. If I was a betting man (I’m not) I’d bet this month’s mortgage that McAdoo will do that once the regular season begins.
  • It seems like defensive ends Olivier Vernon and Jason Pierre-Paul have done nothing to quell optimism about how dynamic they can be together.
http://www.bigblueview.com/2016/8/7/12394476/ny-giants-training-camp-random-thoughts-for-an-off-day

RG Louis Vasquez scheduled for a visit. Can play both Guard spots and RT.

RG Louis Vasquez scheduled for a visit. Can play both Guard spots and RT.
You must have some good connects I because I haven't seen this anyplace yet

I wonder how much he has left in the tank.

I guess this means that Hart isn't really ready to challenge Newhouse 

You must have some good connects I because I haven't seen this anyplace yet

I wonder how much he has left in the tank.

I guess this means that Hart isn't really ready to challenge Newhouse 
It's not a rock solid connection. But he did give me a heads up that Hall was coming back for a second look, before it was being mentioned.

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 8m8 minutes agoVictor Cruz had a "tight groin" per Ben McAdoo. Reason he was held out of team drills today. #Giants

1st drives against Dolphins

G. Davis with a catch to convert a 3rd down and about 3

Vereen nice run nice spin move to make unblocked guy miss for 19 yards

Nassib missed Sheppard for what would have been a TD

Flowers penalty

Poor snap by Richburg led to a big loss but it was nullified by a Dolphin penalty

Sheppard with a nice sliding catch for 24 yards

Jennings with a short GL TD run

Giants run defense stop Ajayi for no gain

Oliver Vernon with a hurry and hit on Tannihill on 2nd down forced to complete the ball short for about 2 yards

Owa with nice push from the DT spot on 3rd and long putting pressure on Tannehill again a short competition, Miami goes 3 and out.

If Eli ever goes down this team is screwed. Nassib couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with an hour to step into the throw. No wonder no one took him in the first round like some expected.

Nassib was very disappointing ... I was hoping that him learning behind Eli for 4 years would prepare him to step in at anytime and be solid.

Did not look like that at all ... he was sloppy and inaccurate

Shouldn't the Giants be interested in Will Beatty? Possible Starter @ RT and a Backup at LT? 

Other teams seem to be interested

Nassib was very disappointing ... I was hoping that him learning behind Eli for 4 years would prepare him to step in at anytime and be solid.

Did not look like that at all ... he was sloppy and inaccurate
Why is he still on the team? He looked horrible today as well. This team is done if anything happens to #10.

This was one of the worst offensive performances I've ever seen in my life and they were disgraceful in pass coverage 

QB - Nassib was horrible for the 2nd consecutive week. The Giants invested a lot of time and faith in this guy and he seems to have regressed significantly this season. Giants should be looking hard for a backup QB when the cut downs start
RBs  are horrible ... Jennings is old and average, Andre Williams is somehow afraid to get hit; he turns around at the point of contact rather than lower his shoulder and giving the hit. 
WR depth is incredibly thin and that is assuming Shephard is able to contribute ... he hasn't done much of anything in the first 2 games
OLine was a complete disaster. They absolutely sucked last night. They couldn't run block or pass block. Why are they not interested in Will Beatty at RT or as a backup LT ?

Defensively the Line looked good,
S - looked good from what I saw ... Collins had the huge forced fumble at the goal line ... I did not notice how they were in coverage. It looked like all the DBs were getting torched. 
LBs - Casillas looked good but Keenan Robinson got toasted for a 59 yard bomb to Clay and Kelvin Sheppard is terrible.
CBs - were horrible Jenkins whiffed on a blitz that led to the 59 yard bomb and the corner got burnt repeatedly ... all of this without Sammy Watkins 

Can't believe the Giants Fans lack of posts this year.

Anyway ...offense was absolutely pathetic again. They had gone 9 quarters without a score until they scored on the jets 2nd and 3 rd team D in the 3rd Q. The O'line is so bad right now I cant imagine that they will not have a least 2 starters on the Oline that are not even on the roster right now 

There is really nothing to write because I didn't see a positive thing 

I'm predicting the Ben Mcadoo era will be a short one and Reesce will finally be gone after this season. This team stinks, the oline is horrible and they did nothing to address it in the off season

There is really nothing to write because I didn't see a positive thing 
Do you only watch the games when the Giants have the ball?

The defense looks pretty good. I'm worried about the Casillas injury because he was playing well at LB this preseason.

Vernon has been getting good pressure on QB's all preseason including tonight

Eli Apple played very well tonight he looked good against Decker. Snacks had a nice sack strip that kept the Jets from scoring after the punt block.

Yes the OL looks horrible and it doesn't look like they will be able to run the ball at all 

Users who are viewing this thread