What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Official Dallas Cowboys thread (1 Viewer)

Good season. Next year should be the breakout. Maybe. 

Doubt Romo can be traded so probably deal with that drama all off season. 

It was a bummer of a loss, but I'm more excited about the future than I am bummed about the loss. We have an amazing core. Shore up the D a little and wreck shop in '17!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell of a game.  I'm proud of them, they didn't give up. #Finishthefight

We have a great core as FastEddie says.  Let the draft bring some talent on pass rush.

Great season, Cowboys. It's never fun going against Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs. The Packers offense has gotten hot at the right time.

The Packers didnt hAve shoe. I know only the losers talk about the refs. This is the example why we don't need an NFL team in Vegas. The refs stöle this game.  The unsportsmanlike call, and wit ten getting tackled on the goal line. ThaT makes theCowboys up by at least one possession 

The Packers didnt hAve shoe. I know only the losers talk about the refs. This is the example why we don't need an NFL team in Vegas. The refs stöle this game.  The unsportsmanlike call, and wit ten getting tackled on the goal line. ThaT makes theCowboys up by at least one possession 
There were 3 brutal holds that got missed on Dallas too.  Ones that would have been first downs rather than punts.  If anything, if you take the refs out of this it edges Dallas more than GB. 

There were 3 brutal holds that got missed on Dallas too.  Ones that would have been first downs rather than punts.  If anything, if you take the refs out of this it edges Dallas more than GB. 
Holding can be called on every play. I'm talking about calls/no-call's that made a difference in the game

Holding can be called on every play. I'm talking about calls/no-call's that made a difference in the game
Am talking about the defensive holds on the GB receivers.  Very blatant ones when they even pulled out their pads from their jersey.  Mindblowing they missed those and those were game changing plays that kept Dallas in the game. 

Dallas played a good game and has lots to look forward to.  But if anyone has a reason to complain about the calls today its Packer fans.

With no dog in the fight there were some bad calls..but GB lost one score or maybe 2 due to those blatant holding "no calls" Dallas got a bad one late but if the game was called correct early it would not have mattered.  Those no calls on the GR WRs were egregious and game changers. 

With no dog in the fight there were some bad calls..but GB lost one score or maybe 2 due to those blatant holding "no calls" Dallas got a bad one late but if the game was called correct early it would not have mattered.  Those no calls on the GR WRs were egregious and game changers. 
The time Witten gets tackled on the goal line before the ball even leaves Daks hands? 

One of the Dallas' D linemen got tackled on the play Rodgers completed to Cook before the FG.....I saw missed calls on both sides.....I just can't stand rodgers' face.....F that guy.

Watching the highlights, you really notice daks passes rotate funny. Even with a clean pocket he lets it go and there's a wobble to it. Is it just coincidence or did anyone else notice it throughout the year? 

Dallas just came out flat......I don't ever want them to have a bye again!

A positive was how they responded though.......but settling for FG's against Rodgers aint gettin it done......I think we shoulda took a couple chances and not settled for FG's.

I can't help but wonder what Tony would've done......I know Dak is the future, and I think he's gonna be a good one.......but Tony woulda been able to pressure GB's defense a bit more......there was a LOT more to be taken down the field against that secondary....I just think a crafty vet like Romo dices GB's defense up....

I watched the game with a Bears fan......now I truly understand his dislike of rodgers.....part of it is how he carves up your D......and part of it is his smug face......Rodgers just breaks your heart in the end dammit!

Wow. What a great year, and what a great team to cheer for. The future is so bright.

The defense did come out flat, but hung in there once they got their bearings. We should definitely look forward to some defensive help in the draft.

I still don't know how that 3rd-and-20 play happened. I refuse to watch it again, yet. I don't know why we're not just playing sticks, 20 yards downfield. Even giving up the 1st down isn't a tragedy, but 35 yards. Wow. Seemed like 31 had trouble with the TE spot all day.

So much heart in this team. Halfway through the Q2, we were a punchline only to claw all the way back to tie it at 4 minutes. Love that kind of fight. 

Defend 3rd-and-20, win the coin toss in OT, go down and score a TD. We definitely had a chance against the hottest team in the league right now. Heartbreaking loss, but no shame in getting out dueled by Rodgers...what a freak.

Dallas just came out flat......I don't ever want them to have a bye again!

A positive was how they responded though.......but settling for FG's against Rodgers aint gettin it done......I think we shoulda took a couple chances and not settled for FG's.

I can't help but wonder what Tony would've done......I know Dak is the future, and I think he's gonna be a good one.......but Tony woulda been able to pressure GB's defense a bit more......there was a LOT more to be taken down the field against that secondary....I just think a crafty vet like Romo dices GB's defense up....

I watched the game with a Bears fan......now I truly understand his dislike of rodgers.....part of it is how he carves up your D......and part of it is his smug face......Rodgers just breaks your heart in the end dammit!
Romo wouldnt have made it out of the 2nd quarter. I hate the Cowboys but Dak played great overall.

Romo wouldnt have made it out of the 2nd quarter. I hate the Cowboys but Dak played great overall.
We'll never know....

I'm a Dak fan, but Romo is a better passer RIGHT NOW......that banged up GB secondary shoulda been abused more than it was.  And I think Romo would've done that.....that's all I'm sayin

Now I hope Romo goes to the Texans and has a shot....

We'll never know....

I'm a Dak fan, but Romo is a better passer RIGHT NOW......that banged up GB secondary shoulda been abused more than it was.  And I think Romo would've done that.....that's all I'm sayin

Romo wouldnt have had the mobility to complete much downfield. 

It would be a great fit, I agree, but I really doubt that they can afford him, given the contract that they just gave Osweiler. Osweiler counts for about $20 million against the cap each of the next few years and the guarantees and bonuses make him impossible to cut.

It would be a great fit, I agree, but I really doubt that they can afford him, given the contract that they just gave Osweiler. Osweiler counts for about $20 million against the cap each of the next few years and the guarantees and bonuses make him impossible to cut.
Yea, that was a horrible signing.....osweiler stinks

day later......

Still upset about the loss, but not angry.

We played 60 min toe to toe with arguably the team playing the best in the NFL right now. Could have rolled over at 21-3 and died, and honestly I thought it was over at that point. But they didn't. And thanks for that. 

It wasn't the refs fault. They sucked on both sides of the ball.

I don't think that it was the 1st down spike of the ball. I still don't have a problem with it. My bigger problem is the play call on 3rd down. If he doesn't spike the ball, we are all yelling about how much time was wasted.

Bigger issue was stopping # 12 even though you knew what he was doing all game long. Period.

Tony wasn't going to do any better than Dak did. Tired of hearing it. Except for the Hyde pick, Dak played outstanding IMO. I don't think the outcome is any different.

We need nothing but Defense in the draft. The say this year is loaded with edge rushers. Good cause we need it. A run stuffer and a couple corners. And don't overpay someone in FA.

I know its a growing sentiment everywhere, but I think we finally have something to look forward to.  

What a game. What a fun season to watch. Even if we lost.

I'm lazy. Someone break down exactly what has to happen to trade Romo. 
Texans offer a 4th. Jerry says I want a 1st. Texans say "We'll give you a 2018 conditional 3rd that becomes a 2nd if we make the Conference Championship and 1st if we make the super bowl in 2017. Jerry says yes.

I could understand it for the time it was happening this year before Romos pressed but why won't they just say Dak you're our QB next year. I mean is Tony legitimately an option at this point? He really shouldn't be, and why not just tell the kid hey it's yours. He doesn't need any motivation he's clearly self motivated so I just don't get it.

So the NFL admits the call against Butler was wrong and shouldn't have been called. 

I don't know what deal Jerry made with the league but we have been getting screwed by the refs for a decade. 

I want EVERY call to go our way next year and I don't care if it's blatant. I want the entire world to think the NFL agenda is to help the Cowboys at every turn. 

So the NFL admits the call against Butler was wrong and shouldn't have been called. 

I don't know what deal Jerry made with the league but we have been getting screwed by the refs for a decade. 

I want EVERY call to go our way next year and I don't care if it's blatant. I want the entire world to think the NFL agenda is to help the Cowboys at every turn. 
What a joke!  I mean seriously, how is that #### not overturned on the spot?  That penalty killed that drive and could've very well changed the outcome of the game.....such a horribly officiated game.....and it stands out even more because it was a great game that came down to the wire.

Count me in the people that want more stuff reviewed......and the rules simplified......tuck rule?  Trying to figure out a catch?  This stupid thing Butler was flagged for?  When QB's have headsets?  Stupid.....

I could understand it for the time it was happening this year before Romos pressed but why won't they just say Dak you're our QB next year. I mean is Tony legitimately an option at this point? He really shouldn't be, and why not just tell the kid hey it's yours. He doesn't need any motivation he's clearly self motivated so I just don't get it.
It's all about trying to drive up Romo's potential trade value. Dak knows he's the starter next . Romo knows Dak's starting. We all know Dak's starting next year, nobody is buying the gambit.

How do you get this wrong? A player is in the huddle or they are not.

Well, GB getting ####### rolled puts the loss in some type of perspective.  Don't think the Defense is up to this level right now.  

The Dallas Cowboys have signed CFL WR Quincy McDuffie to a future/reserve contract on Tuesday, according to his agent Brett Tessler.

The Cowboys also signed WR Uzoma Nwachukwu to a futures deal as well, according to Brandon George.

The Cowboys have now signed 15 players to futures deals since their season ended. The full list includes:

1. WR Andy Jones (NFLTR)
  2. QB Jameill Showers 
  3. LB Jeremiah George
  4. DB Sammy Seamster
  5. Kadeem Edwards
  6. Clay DeBord
  7. WR Shaquelle Evans
  8. RB Rod Smith
  9. TE Connor Hamlett
  10. CB Jeremiah McKinnon
  11. CB Duke Thomas
  12. LS Zach Wood
  13. TE Rico Gathers
  14. WR/KR Quincy McDuffie
  15. WR Uzoma Nwachukwu
Future/reserve contracts are essentially an opportunity for players compete for a roster spot in offseason workouts and during training camp.

McDuffie, 26, originally signed on with the Broncos as an undrafted free agent out of UCF back in 2013. He was waived with an injury designation after a few months in Denver and the Broncos eventually cut him loose at the start of the regular season.

McDuffie later signed on with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats for the 2014 season and spent two years with the team before he joined the Winnipeg Blue Bombers for this past season.

During his CFL career, McDuffie has caught 25 passes for 249 yards receiving and one touchdown over the course of 15 games. His largest contributions have come as a kick returner, as he totaled 1,212 yards on 45 attempts and two touchdowns. McDuffie also added another 341 punt return yards and a touchdown.

Nwachukwu, 26, originally signed on with the Texans as an undrafted free agent out of Texas A&M back in 2013. He was on and off of their practice squad for two years before he was waived at the start of the 2015 season and later signed to the Dolphins’ taxi squad.

Unfortunately, he lasted just over a week in Miami. It wasn’t until August of last year that the Seahawks signed him but his stay in Seattle was limited to a month.

Nwachukwu has yet to appear in an NFL game.

Tex

Guys, is this chart right ? are we dead last in cap space ?... How are we going to fix our defense if we have -12M in cap space? 

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

:wall:
They have all this taken into account. A lot of guys will be restructured. A few will be cut. A few will be resigned. 

We will fix the defense by drafting well and signing a bunch of two year deals. Par for the course, there won't be a bunch of high priced FA signings. 

Anthony brown will start. We need to resign Carr and/or Claiborne at a him town discount and draft another corner and safety. 

Irving is ours cause he's only a restricted FA. Tapper will be healthy. Collins was already good last year. Dlawrence will get his back operated on again and hopefully will be healthy for training camp. Vincent Mayowa played very well down the end of the season. Obviously we need a playmaker and hopefully guys step up and we get a "war daddy" in this year's draft. I think there's also a strong chance we re-sign Demarcus Ware for a team friendly two-year deal and let him play a handful of snaps every game and then let him loose in the playoffs.

linebacker is actually fairly well off...  really all depends on Jaylon Smith of we go from a team strength to a stud laden position alongside Lee. Smith looks healthy but can can he still play football?

Offense will be fine. All the core guys are young and signed already. We did screw up by  it cutting Lucky whitehead instead of  Darius Jackson. That was the Cowboys lone bonehead front office move last year.  That left us a tiny bit thin at running back because while Morris and McFadden are capable, we really need a young guy to develop. I don't see Morris making it through training camp. 

That should be enough to get us going ....

Users who are viewing this thread