What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 race (1 Viewer)

Current lineup:

Demos - In:

Mrs. Clinton

Prolly:

O'Malley

Chafee

Webb

Possible:

Sanders

GOP - In:

Paul

Cruz

Everson

Rubio

Prolly:

Fiorina

Bush

Christie

Walker

Possible:

Kasich

Perry

Snyder

Pataki

Jindal

Huckabee

Last edited by a moderator:
Carson, Fiorina and Huckabee are getting into the GOP race this week.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/240829-gop-field-gets-new-blood

That would bring the GOP field to 7 very early on.

It's funny: which of the two parties has the following in a highly competitive field: 2 Hispanics, 1 woman, 1 black, and several candidates under 50?

And which party has two whites in the 70 year old range competing for what is basically a predetermined nomination?

As of July 21st

Declared 2016 Democratic Presidential Candidates

Lincoln Chafee
Hillary Clinton
Martin O’Malley
Bernie Sanders
Jim Webb

Most Likely Not Running

Joe Biden

Not Running

Elizabeth Warren

No Indication Yet

Andrew Cuomo
Howard Dean
Rahm Emanuel
Kirsten Gillibrand
Brian Schweitzer
Mark Warner

Declared 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates

Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Chris Christie
Ted Cruz
Carley Fiorina
Lindsey Graham
Mike Huckabee
Bobby Jindal
John Kasich
George Pataki
Rand Paul
Rick Perry
Marco Rubio
Rick Santorum
Donald Trump
Scott Walker

Not Running

Mitt Romney

Seems Republicans are FINALLY done declaring !!!

Cuomo is almost certainly positioning himself for a presidential run at some point, but I would be stunned if he runs against Hillary. I'd be more inclined to vote for Gillibrand than Hillary but don't see that happening either.

Cuomo is almost certainly positioning himself for a presidential run at some point, but I would be stunned if he runs against Hillary. I'd be more inclined to vote for Gillibrand than Hillary but don't see that happening either.
If Hillary had not run then Gillibrand would have been a likely candidate. There are several good, young Democrats who were nudged out the race because of Hillary's presence, it would have been an exciting field.

ABC reports that Joe Biden is "90% in."
Interesting; I haven't seen this report.

If true, the Democratic race just got a lot more interesting....although Biden was pretty much an afterthought in his previous run and he's going against a political machine.

Democrats will have their own version of Trump now (although a political version).

Jeb Bush

Ben Carson

Chris Christie

Ted Cruz

Carley Fiorina

Lindsey Graham

Mike Huckabee

Bobby Jindal

John Kasich

George Pataki

Rand Paul

Rick Perry

Marco Rubio

Rick Santorum

Donald Trump

Scott Walker

Not Running

Mitt Romney

Jim Gilmore announced 3 days after you figured they were done

Biden is a pretty decent guy. Yeah, he speaks before he thinks sometimes but he's a lot more astute on domestic and foreign issues than a blowhard egomaniac like Trump.

Democrats will have their own version of Trump now (although a political version).
what do you mean by this? Really Biden is nothing like Trump
Biden is a pretty decent guy. Yeah, he speaks before he thinks sometimes but he's a lot more astute on domestic and foreign issues than a blowhard egomaniac like Trump.
The bold part is the "Biden like Trump" part.. He at times come off as the :angry: old neighbor who will say things he'll regret later..

Still... Given a choice between Hillary, Bernie or Biden I'll take Biden.

maybe Howard Schultz will run

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-02-05/starbucks-ceo-howard-schultz-no-2016-run-for-me

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/02/opinion/sunday/maureen-dowd-joe-biden-in-2016-what-would-beau-do.html?_r=0

Potent friends of America’s lord of latte, Howard Schultz, have been pressing him to join the Democratic primary, thinking the time is right for someone who’s not a political lifer. For the passionate 62-year-old — watching the circus from Seattle — it may be a tempting proposition.After coming up from the housing projects in Brooklyn, Schultz reimagined Starbucks and then revived it. He has strong opinions, and even position papers, about what he calls the fraying American dream. While he was promoting his book on veterans last year, he honed a message about making government work again and finding “authentic, truthful leadership.”

Jeb Bush

Ben Carson

Chris Christie

Ted Cruz

Carley Fiorina

Lindsey Graham

Mike Huckabee

Bobby Jindal

John Kasich

George Pataki

Rand Paul

Rick Perry

Marco Rubio

Rick Santorum

Donald Trump

Scott Walker

Not Running

Mitt Romney

I was just going to say....

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/jim-gilmore-2016-gop-field-120789.html

Some of Biden's foreign policies arguments have been written off as pretty bad ideas; at least he has ideas and is willing to share them (unlike Trump).

Jeb Bush

Ben Carson

Chris Christie

Ted Cruz

Carley Fiorina

Lindsey Graham

Mike Huckabee

Bobby Jindal

John Kasich

George Pataki

Rand Paul

Rick Perry

Marco Rubio

Rick Santorum

Donald Trump

Scott Walker

Not Running

Mitt Romney

Weren't there supposed to be 19 candidates? That's the number I kept hearing as being possible. Were there any potential candidates who decided to NOT run?

It sounds like this list will be (16 or 17?)

Jeb Bush

Ben Carson

Chris Christie

Ted Cruz

Carley Fiorina

Lindsey Graham

Mike Huckabee

Bobby Jindal

John Kasich

George Pataki

Rand Paul

Rick Perry

Marco Rubio

Rick Santorum

Donald Trump

Scott Walker

Not Running

Mitt Romney

Weren't there supposed to be 19 candidates? That's the number I kept hearing as being possible. Were there any potential candidates who decided to NOT run?

It sounds like this list will be (16 or 17?)
17 legit

many more relative unknowns are declared, including:

former IRS commissioner Mark Everson

retired engineer Mark Fellure

there had been speculation around (amonng many others):

Palin

Portman

Snyder (Mich)

Brewer (Az)

John Boltin

Pence (In)

Haley (SC)

Ted Cruz commands the top spot in the latest Monmouth University Poll of likely Iowa Republican caucus goers

Ted Cruz earns 24% support when likely caucus goers are asked who they will support in the Republican contest. This marks a clear lead over Donald Trump (19%), Marco Rubio (17%), and Ben Carson (13%). Jeb Bush stands at 6% and Rand Paul is at 4%, while Carly Fiorina and John Kasich earn 3% each.
Glad to see Trump is falling with those that are more then likely to show up at the caucuses.. But Ted Cruz?? :oldunsure:

Ted Cruz commands the top spot in the latest Monmouth University Poll of likely Iowa Republican caucus goers

Ted Cruz earns 24% support when likely caucus goers are asked who they will support in the Republican contest. This marks a clear lead over Donald Trump (19%), Marco Rubio (17%), and Ben Carson (13%). Jeb Bush stands at 6% and Rand Paul is at 4%, while Carly Fiorina and John Kasich earn 3% each.
Glad to see Trump is falling with those that are more then likely to show up at the caucuses.. But Ted Cruz?? :oldunsure:
In my opinion, Ted Cruz has run the best campaign of any GOP candidate.

He's positioned himself as an outsider despite being a member of Congress (which makes him an insider), but he hasn't engaged negatively against any candidate to date (it's only been recently that he's begun to take on Rubio).

He seems to be benefiting from the decline of Ben Carson and while these candidates probably have organization in all of these states (particularly the early ones), Cruz has been getting accolades for his organization.

From a policy standpoint, he's clearly very conservative, but he's known as a good debater and does have a firm understanding of the policies, even if he is way too extreme. He's not a candidate I like, but if you're looking for an extremely conservative alternative who can defend his policies, he's a better choice than Trump/Carson, and I don't think that's even close.

Not sure that he'll actually win the nomination, but I think he's setting himself up, sort of under the radar, as being a candidate to watch for.

Cruz can win Iowa because he's their brand of conservative. he doesn't play as well in NH, where Trump is strong and Christie is finally getting some momentum. SC will be interesting.

Cruz can win Iowa because he's their brand of conservative. he doesn't play as well in NH, where Trump is strong and Christie is finally getting some momentum. SC will be interesting.
Agreed on Cruz. Is Christie gaining momentum?

I do feel like he's been one of the few grown-ups even though his track record in NJ has been questionable at best.

Is Christie gaining momentum?
Christie is basically gambling his whole candidacy on New Hampshire, so he's been doing events there non-stop and he has a good campaign organization there, etc. He has seen a recent uptick in his numbers there, up to something like 10%.

Saw a blurb ( can't find it now) that Rubio is actually starting to move into 2nd in NH.. :shrug:

Looking good, based on exit polls, for the anti-trump fans as Cruz "looks" to be in position for a double point victory over Trump. Contested convention anyone? :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread