What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 ABLC League Thread (1 Viewer)

Probably my favorite team of those posted so far. Brees gives you a solid floor almost all by himself and each of your next three picks have genuine stud upside, especially Henry, who I want all the shares of this season.

Second-year post-hype sleepers are some of my favorite picks in these formats and both Treadwell and Boyd were stupid value where you snagged them. Kamara and Foreman are a good pairing in this format, kind of like my WRs - if you hit one on one of the two you're probably ahead on your draft capital invested.

Not a huge amount of playoff potential and that might be what ultimately brings you up short, but IMO you did great work here.
At least I like all of these players although I am not all that excited about Boyd.

Bonus games from playoffs unlikely but some of them do have a shot such as the Bengals, Vikings, Chargers, Dolphins.

I don't see the Saints making the post season, but if they do that would be good for my team.

I wasn't trying to do this, but my teams often look good for dynasty. Lots of young ascending players.

1.16 16.There It IsThomas, Michael NOS WR

2.17 49.There It IsJeffery, Alshon PHI WR

3.16 80.There It IsRudolph, Kyle MIN TE

4.17 113.There It IsGore, Frank IND RB

5.16 144.There It IsSanu, Mohamed ATL WR

6.17 177.There It IsDolphins, Miami MIA TMQB 7

7.16 208.There It IsSturgis, Caleb PHI PK

8.17 241.There It IsChargers, Los Angeles LAC Def

9.16 272.There It IsPumphrey, Donnel PHI RBMon 

10.17 305.There It IsSmith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WRWed 

I finally tried the WR PRR approach first. This is what was left  I took highest points first.

Until Gore. I believe he will be consistent in this... his HOF bid year.

Comments.
This looks alright. My favorite pick is Pumphrey who i an interesting player for this format. Sproles likely keeps him from being relevant. Maybe a year early on this one. I really like his skills though. He is kind of useless without PPR scoring.

I wonder if Mr I's early drafting of TE sort of started a run at the position? Or caused people to draft TE a bit sooner? It is hard for me to get excited about Kyle Rudolph. I think there were some better players than him available at pick 80 overall, but going through the draft I see there were a lot of RB with blemishes drafted who are not players I really want. I am sure some of those will pan out, but lots of bust risk with these guys.

3.1781.Maggot BrainBengals, Cincinnati CIN TMQBSun Aug 13 11:49:12 a.m. ET 2017

3.1882.freeannyongEifert, Tyler CIN TESun Aug 13 11:49:12 a.m. ET 2017Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

3.1983.Anarchy99Ingram, Mark NOS RBSun Aug 13 4:29:54 p.m. ET 2017

3.2084.rzrback77Ware, Spencer KCC RBSun Aug 13 5:29:45 p.m. ET 2017

3.2185.renesauzWalker, Delanie TEN TESun Aug 13 5:29:45 p.m. ET 2017Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

3.2286.Stinkin' RefWoodhead, Danny BAL RBSun Aug 13 11:49:36 p.m. ET 2017in this format, he is money when healthy....more confidence in him then any of the remaining backs... (Comments Added Tue Aug 15 9:54:09 a.m. ET 2017)

3.2387.CoordinatorPowell, Bilal NYJ RBSun Aug 13 11:52:39 p.m. ET 2017

3.2488.BassNBrewColeman, Tevin ATL RBMon Aug 14 1:05:37 a.m. ET 2017

3.2589.DuckboyGillislee, Mike NEP RBMon Aug 14 1:05:37 a.m. ET 2017Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

3.2690.BusManAnderson, C.J. DEN RBMon Aug 14 1:05:37 a.m. ET 2017Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

3.2791.Go DC YourselfJohnson, Duke CLE RBMon Aug 14 1:05:37 a.m. ET 2017Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

3.2892.BiabreakableParker, DeVante MIA WR
Heh. You should have drafted Parker.  ;)

I love Gore and hope he has another good year in him. Mack did look very good in recent game however. Mack is a player I feel really hot and cold with. Some times I think he is great and other times I feel like he is really undisciplined. If he can learn from Gore and have some of that rub off on him Mack could turn out being really good.

The Sanu pick seems a bit high to me. I do think he is worthwhile, I just consider him in similar bucket as 50 other WR.

Chargers defense could wind up being really good this year. Getting rid of Teo is addition by subtraction.

I am not sure where Juju fits in with the Steelers this year. They have a lot of WR right now. if Bryant has issues or is out of the way I like his chances for opportunity a lot better then.

Some fringe playoff teams such as the Vikings, Chargers and Dolphins would help if they make it. Sanu seems like your best bet there. I am really not sure who wins the NFC south. Seems like all 4 of their teams have a decent shot of postseason.

LOL. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not a huge fan of Watkins, Parker, Hunter, Foreman, Kamara, Treadwell, or Boyd and think waiting so long on a defense was a mistake. IMO, Watkins always an injury risk and went to an offense even worse than BUF, Parker has been more hype than production, Gates still a way bigger piece of the TE pie for LAC, Foreman to me is just a back up (so not worth more than other back ups), who knows what role Kamara will serve and the Saints have multiple backs, Treadwell in the mix but not a starter in MIN, Boyd the WR4 on a team with a top TE.

All that shows is that Bia picked different players than I would, and my tea leaves point in a different direction than his tea leaves. The other thing that I would say for this team is there were little track record to go on in terms of player performance. In short, not many guys have produced in the past to be able to have certain performance expectations (other than Brees).

But that's what makes these leagues fun and interesting. Trying to crack the code and come up with a total scoring solution better than the next guy.
I think he was just trying to keep me from kicking his dog Murray some more.  ;)

You are absolutely right that most of these players are unproven. Maybe doesn't help that I am drafting players from AFC East rivals who you likely view as punching bags.

I am always dynasty centric and looking towards the future. I think I drafted some pretty talented football players. Remains to be seen how well they can do in terms of numbers. All of them have shown promising signs as far as that goes though except the rookies and Treadwell. Its just a matter of putting that together for a full season now.

To be honest Treadwell may be a bust. I am a eternal optimist there though. I guess we will see.

As far as D'Onta Foreman I think you may as well get used to that name. I don't see him being a back up for long.

I like Anarchy's analysis format, so I'll steal it.  Got a few playoff guys here, so think it's a decent team, though unlikely a great one.

219 - LA Rams TMQB29 . . . Ranked TMBQ32 in 2016

Waited late for a QB, and think that the Rams passing situation shows more upside than the others that were left (Chi, Cle, NYJ), given the coaching and the new receivers.

91 - Duke Johnson CLE RB29 . . . Ranked RB31 in 2016

With the reception volume potential, seemed a reasonable pick after I went WR/WR first two rounds.

102 - Terrence West BAL RB31 . . .  Ranked RB24 in 2016

Liked him being there when I took him, not so much later when I saw Buck Allen run better than him with the first teamers in the second preseason game.  Thought about stacking Allen as my flex, but think that’s more of playing for 5th than for 1st strategy.

27 - Michael Crabtree OAK WR14 . . . Ranked WR13 in 2016

Is becoming the healthier of the Oakland WRs, and has playoff potential.

38 - Tyreek Hill KCC WR17  . . .  Ranked WR25 in 2016

Decided to buy into the hype, and the Alex Smith downfield hope, given the playoff potential.

230 - Chris Hogan NEP WR75 . . . Ranked WR37 in 2016

I understand the drop due to the Cooks hype and Gronk’s return, but with the January games he seemed like a no-brainer WR3 at this point, and well worth kicking the kicker can down for road for.

283 - Kendell Wright CHI WR93 . . .  Ranked WR83 in 2016

I went in thinking that, having the 6th free agent pick, I’d take flex last, but the five teams after me had taken a kicker already, so no use waiting on a flex.  Considered Boyd here, but I had just grabbed him at the end of a deep auction the day before.  Dodds seems quite high on Wright, likely because of the playing opportunity and weak TE situation with the Bears.

155 - Cameron Brate TBB TE25 . . . Ranked TE8 in 2016

It looks like people are slowly realizing that Howard will not be an immediate impact player in fantasy, but are sleeping somewhat on what that means for Brate.  The rookie TE are going too high, meaning there is value to be had in waiting for guys like Cook, Clay, and Brate.

166 - Broncos DEN DEF3 . . .  Ranked DEF4 in 2016

Add me to those surprised defenses went so late, particularly as compared to past years. Knowing that, I might have gone QB earlier and waited on a defense.

294 - Connor Barth CHI PK31 . .   Ranked PK29 in 2016

Seems likely to hold off Aguayo, but if not I’ll be able to grab a replacement.
The Rams offense is actually kind of exciting now with Wakins and Kupp, Woods is decent and two TE who I think can contribute. No more excuses for Goff. Still a tough division to try to get a passing game going in.

I really like Duke Johnson. I think the coach has shown a tendency to prefer a bigger RB (Crowell and Hill recently) or I would be more optimistic. He could catch a lot of passes though and already has been doing that. Just needs to stay healthy.

I am not sure about West and that offensive line or the QBs health for that matter. The Ravens do seem to have a good defense though and that should help West. If Buck Allen actually plays a lot I think the Ravens are in more trouble than I already think. I guess Woodhead has a hamstring injury right now. If he is out that opens the door for Allen I guess. I'm really not a fan of Allen though.

Crabtree and Hill should be good performers. I still haven't seen enough of Hill to be sure about him, but all signs point towards him building on what he did last year.

Hogan seems lost in the depth chart now but injuries happen. He could do well again. Playoff potential high there.

I really like Kendell Wright and he seems to be ahead of Cruz and White for the Bears now. I have drafted him in some other leagues. Good to hear Dodds likes Wright as well. I wasn't sure if I was out in left field on this one or not. Sounds like I at least have some good company. Not sure if I prefer Wright or Boyd these two seem like close choices and I could see going either way.

I was reading recently that OJ Howard has a vision problem. That makes me really wonder about his potential as a receiver until that gets fixed. Should be good for Brate who has already beaten out one really good TE prospect in ASJ.

Broncos defense is still great. They need to get a bit better against the run, (they lost some key players there last year)  but excellent defense

I like this team quite a bit. No real holes anywhere.

QB. Packers. Have huge advantage here once you get past top 9. Makes up a good player even

RB. Kareem Hunt, Shane Vereen Like what I have seen from Hunt. Can he be my Howard from last year. Vereen is just PPR pts. Should get me over 100

WR. Golden Tate, Josh Doctson, Bruce Ellington. I got steady in Tate. I need Doctson to step up. Think Ellington with all the Houston injuries could surprise. Not a great group but hope helps the cause

TE. Ertz. I.expect big things and end up with him everywhere. 

D/K. Atlanta/Janikowski. Playoff potential for both. I expect Atl D to take a step up. 

I hated the one spot. Seemed to miss tiers one way and have to reach a little going back. Overall some playoff chances and hope Hunt and a Doctson step up

also think DC team looks solid. Wright was my first choice at my last pick. 

Amazed that anyone would risk having bottom three QB. Maybe why I like DC team. He was able to wait and got a not bad QB. One that will improve. 

32 - Panthers, Carolina CAR TMQB7... Ranked QB26 in  2016

33 - Murray, DeMarco TEN RB10... Ranked RB6 in 2016

96 - Martin, Doug TBB RB31... Ranked RB26 in 2016

288 - Booker, Devontae DEN RB69... Ranked RB34 in 2016

97 - Maclin, Jeremy BAL WR37... Ranked WR71 in 2016

160 - Stills, Kenny MIA WR62... Ranked WR43 in 2016

161 - Gabriel, Taylor ATL WR63... Ranked WR50 in 2016

289 - Gresham, Jermaine ARI TE36... Ranked TE31 in 2016

224 - Dawson, Phil ARI PK17... Ranked PK23 in 2016

225 - Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def14... Ranked DEF11 in 2016

Lots of questions, not many answers with this rag tag bunch.  Always a fun draft.
It will be interesting to see how Cam utilizes his new weapons McCaffrey and Samuels. This could be very good, its just a bit of an unknown right now.

I don't have a good feeling about Murray this year with Henry possibly taking over. He has been very good though and could be again.

Martin seems to be playing really well right now and great value for you to get him as late as you did.

I still think Booker can be a very good RB for the Broncos and from what I read about his wrist recently, it doesn't sound like he will miss many games because of that. Maybe similar to the games missed by Martin or less. Still has CJ Anderson ahead of him and maybe Jamal Charles? We should have some more information about Charles soon. I am doubtful Charles can return to form. Broncos fans seem to like Henderson a lot and don't like Booker.

Because of the the early RB picks you are value shopping at WR. I think Maclin was a good WR to start off with, he may be the best WR the Ravens have now.

Kenny Stills seems unlikely to score as many TD as last year, but he is a pretty good player and maybe matches his points from last year.

Gabriel found a good fit with the Falcons, competing with Sanu for opportunities. Some playoff potential.

Arians doesn't have much history of using the TE but Gresham has been a good TE before and did put up some numbers with the Cardinals last year with many of their other players hurt. Not bad for your second to last pick of the draft.

The Steelers haven't been a good defense for awhile but maybe they have improved this year. I still think the secondary is pretty questionable but Maybe Watt can make their LBers better than they have been. I haven't been a fan of several of the players they have drafted recently but they performed a lot better than I thought last year.

You have some good playoff potential from Cardinals, Steelers and Broncos and Falcons. Miami, Tampa and the Dolphins could also make it. So you have most of your players with a decent shot at extra games. This team seems solid to me although I have some questions about Murray. If he can repeat anywhere close to last season this team should be a contender I think.

QB. Packers. Have huge advantage here once you get past top 9. Makes up a good player even

RB. Kareem Hunt, Shane Vereen Like what I have seen from Hunt. Can he be my Howard from last year. Vereen is just PPR pts. Should get me over 100

WR. Golden Tate, Josh Doctson, Bruce Ellington. I got steady in Tate. I need Doctson to step up. Think Ellington with all the Houston injuries could surprise. Not a great group but hope helps the cause

D/K. Atlanta/Janikowski. Playoff potential for both. I expect Atl D to take a step up. 

I hated the one spot. Seemed to miss tiers one way and have to reach a little going back. Overall some playoff chances and hope Hunt and a Doctson step up

Amazed that anyone would risk having bottom three QB. Maybe why I like DC team. He was able to wait and got a not bad QB. One that will improve. 
Although I hate the Packers hard to argue against Rodgers who has been great.

I love Hunt. Ware is a good player though. I hope Hunt can surpass him at some point this season. I have him on a lot of teams already. Vereen may end up doing more than you think if if Perkins/Darkwa/Gallman don't step up.

Golden Tate is solid. I really like Doctson but I have shied away from him due to the injuries. Would be happy to see him do well. Not sure about Bruce Ellington as I see the Texans running the ball with inexperienced QBs and I like Braxton Miller more than Ellington.

I have been hearing a lot of good things about Ertz who has done very well towards the end of the year but hasn't put it together for a whole season yet.

You have some players with playoff potential in Rodgers, Hunt, Atlanta and Seebass. Also the Texans seem the best bet from the AFC south. I'm really not sure who makes the playoffs from the AFC East this year. You have Eagles, Giants and Redskins. I guess you are hoping the Cowboys won't make it.

I would like your team a bit better if not for my anti Packers bias. Your WRs are the biggest question to me after Tate.

Ertz is a tough call for me this year cause I want to jump on board with the good things we are hearing etc.  But over 20% of his points came in his monster week 17 game and that combined with 2 other games made him account for over 45% of his scoring in 3 games.  While I understand this is total points and it really doesn't matter where they come from, I am just wondering if the 55% spread out over 13 games is more of an indication than his 45% in 3.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Ertz is a tough call for me this year cause I want to jump on board with the good things we are hearing etc.  But over 20% of his points came in his monster week 17 game and that combined with 2 other games made him account for over 45% of his scoring in 3 games.  While I understand this is total points and it really doesn't matter where they come from, I am just wondering if the 55% spread out over 13 games is more of an indication than his 45% in 3.  
Mr. Ertz,let me introduce you to Mr. Hill.

Finsihed 2nd last year with the approach so I tried it again.

1900 points bogey, previous winners 1896, 1950, 1841,

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC TMQB – 329 (328/396)

Charles, Jamaal DEN RB - 123

Coleman, Tevin ATL RB – 170 (234 last year)

Turbin, Robert IND RB – 99

Bryant, Dez DAL WR – 243

Edelman, Julian NEP WR – 183 (293 last year)

Williams, Tyrell LAC WR - 185

Allen, Dwayne NEP TE – 104 (189 Bennett last year)

Myers, Jason JAC PK - 133

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def – 76

Dodds has me projected for 1645 points.  That leaves me 255 pts short.  Need Allen to produce like Bennett last year +85.  Let’s give Edelman 50 playoff points +55.  I think Dez is projected about 30 points light and will add 40 more playoff points +70.  Dangerous to give Coleman playoff points.  Green Bay should be about 25 points better on defense +25.  That leaves me at 1890 total points.  10 playoff points from Jax, LAC, IND, DEN will put me at 1900.

Finsihed 2nd last year with the approach so I tried it again.

1900 points bogey, previous winners 1896, 1950, 1841,

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC TMQB – 329 (328/396)

Charles, Jamaal FA RB - 0

Coleman, Tevin ATL RB – 170 (234 last year)

Turbin, Robert IND RB – 99

Bryant, Dez DAL WR – 243

Edelman, Julian NEP WR – 183 (293 last year)

Williams, Tyrell LAC WR - 185

Allen, Dwayne NEP TE – 104 (189 Bennett last year)

Myers, Jason JAC PK - 133

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def – 76

Dodds has me projected for 1522 points.  That leaves me 378 pts short.  Need Allen to produce like Bennett last year +85.  Let’s give Edelman 50 playoff points +55.  I think Dez is projected about 30 points light and will add 40 more playoff points +70.  Dangerous to give Coleman playoff points.  Green Bay should be about 25 points better on defense +25.  That leaves me at 1767 total points.  133 playoff points from Jax, LAC, IND, will put me at 1900.
fixed

1.14     J. NELSON  GBP WR  - had choice between Nelson / Shady, went with the playoff gravy.  Assuming 300+ w/playoff pts added if he stays helthy

2.19     L. FITZGERALD  ARZ WR - undervalued in PPR IMO, and if AZ finds a way to get in playoffs then any addl pts will be a bonus.  Am hoping for 250+

3.14     M. BENNETT  GBP TE - Went back n forth about going 3rd WR here as well as REED and INGRAM (who was a huge bargain for A99) but I went for safety and likely deep playoff run.  In retrospect I would have gone INGRAM....  w/playoff pts included, I expect 200+

4.19     J. WHITE   NEW RB - Cupboard is thinning at RB by now, he is best of what's left + playoff pts.  Regression from 2016 pt total is expected but If I can get 175+ will be ok with. 

5.14     PATRIOTS DEFENSE - I know it was probably a reach but is hard to pass up a deep playoff run as well as NYJ x2 and BUF x2.  If the O plays to it's potential, there will be more pt's to come as other teams try to keep up and make mistakes.   Hoping for 180+

6.19     MINNESOTA TEAM QB - I waited too long to address the QB, wasn't much left.  It came down to LAR or MIN, coin flip in favor of the VIKINGS.  Hopefully Bradford can stay healthy, the O-line is improved, and they don't play so much short dink/dunk like LY.   Shooting for 290+

7.14     C. CONLEY  KAN WR - the teams #2 WR on a possible playoff team, and IF, Mahomes takes over or Smith stops dinking/dunking so much, there is hidden upside here.  Am hoping (fingers crossed) for 120+ here reg season, and if makes playoffs, maybe another 10-20....

8.19     M. MACK   IND RB - I don't envision the COLTS making the playoffs, even if LUCK was healthy t/d.  So I'm banking on only getting reg season pts here.  I love the kids landing spot but he has too much tendancy to bend things to the outside.  Obviously dynamic as a pass catcher, I don't see him taking much work from GORE or TURBIN on the ground unless inj occurs but Im guessing he gets 30+ recpts and a little bit of work on the ground (pseudo C. Thompson or A. Kamara).  Am hoping for 90+ pts.

9.14    G. ZUERLIEN  LAR PK - Flat out, I waited too long to address the PK, but I was relieved to have him as an option.  An improved offense albeit one that should struggle in red zone will provide enough FG opps to give me positive ROI on this pick.  Last yr he scored 91.9.  I don't see why 110+ isn't realistic.

10.19   T. COHEN  CHI RB - Making any reasonable prediction for this kid is difficult.  J. Howard is a great back, Langford/Carey are nothing special.  Cohen is small so I don't ever see him getting a large amount of carries but he is dynamite with the ball in his hands.  IF he can get 40-50 atts and 25+ recpts and 1-2 TD somewhere? I could see him getting in range of 75-90 pts. 

Adding it up puts me right around 1800.  Solid, Not bad, but not enough to win the whole thing.  Will need some things to break my way a bit here and there.

1.14     J. NELSON  GBP WR  - had choice between Nelson / Shady, went with the playoff gravy.  Assuming 300+ w/playoff pts added if he stays helthy

2.19     L. FITZGERALD  ARZ WR - undervalued in PPR IMO, and if AZ finds a way to get in playoffs then any addl pts will be a bonus.  Am hoping for 250+

3.14     M. BENNETT  GBP TE - Went back n forth about going 3rd WR here as well as REED and INGRAM (who was a huge bargain for A99) but I went for safety and likely deep playoff run.  In retrospect I would have gone INGRAM....  w/playoff pts included, I expect 200+

4.19     J. WHITE   NEW RB - Cupboard is thinning at RB by now, he is best of what's left + playoff pts.  Regression from 2016 pt total is expected but If I can get 175+ will be ok with. 

5.14     PATRIOTS DEFENSE - I know it was probably a reach but is hard to pass up a deep playoff run as well as NYJ x2 and BUF x2.  If the O plays to it's potential, there will be more pt's to come as other teams try to keep up and make mistakes.   Hoping for 180+

6.19     MINNESOTA TEAM QB - I waited too long to address the QB, wasn't much left.  It came down to LAR or MIN, coin flip in favor of the VIKINGS.  Hopefully Bradford can stay healthy, the O-line is improved, and they don't play so much short dink/dunk like LY.   Shooting for 290+

7.14     C. CONLEY  KAN WR - the teams #2 WR on a possible playoff team, and IF, Mahomes takes over or Smith stops dinking/dunking so much, there is hidden upside here.  Am hoping (fingers crossed) for 120+ here reg season, and if makes playoffs, maybe another 10-20....

8.19     M. MACK   IND RB - I don't envision the COLTS making the playoffs, even if LUCK was healthy t/d.  So I'm banking on only getting reg season pts here.  I love the kids landing spot but he has too much tendancy to bend things to the outside.  Obviously dynamic as a pass catcher, I don't see him taking much work from GORE or TURBIN on the ground unless inj occurs but Im guessing he gets 30+ recpts and a little bit of work on the ground (pseudo C. Thompson or A. Kamara).  Am hoping for 90+ pts.

9.14    G. ZUERLIEN  LAR PK - Flat out, I waited too long to address the PK, but I was relieved to have him as an option.  An improved offense albeit one that should struggle in red zone will provide enough FG opps to give me positive ROI on this pick.  Last yr he scored 91.9.  I don't see why 110+ isn't realistic.

10.19   T. COHEN  CHI RB - Making any reasonable prediction for this kid is difficult.  J. Howard is a great back, Langford/Carey are nothing special.  Cohen is small so I don't ever see him getting a large amount of carries but he is dynamite with the ball in his hands.  IF he can get 40-50 atts and 25+ recpts and 1-2 TD somewhere? I could see him getting in range of 75-90 pts. 

Adding it up puts me right around 1800.  Solid, Not bad, but not enough to win the whole thing.  Will need some things to break my way a bit here and there.
Very solid imo. Thought it would add up to more pointsThought it would add up to more points

Nelson and Bennett are competing for the same points. IMO, I don't see Bennett scoring more than he did last year (188 points). Hoping for 250+ from Fitz is probably more hope than reality. He had 243 last year. He would probably need to get two extra games this year to hit 250. White will have to compete with Cooks, Gronk, and more RB's. He had nearly 50 points in the SB. I would take the under on 175 points. Not a huge fan of anyone from KC beyond Kelce. Conley 1 career TD. Who knows about back up RB's.

Like all ABLC teams, will need to get extra points from a surprising source. Having a tough time figuring out where those will come from (a deep playoff run?, a career year? a guy becoming the go to guy?).

It's been all over today that Smallwood is the current favorite to be the lead back and Blount has been bloated and floundering. I would have taken Smallwood one pick later.
Didn't see this until now, but the news was why I grabbed him. I think I had an Oakland back first and then moved Smallwood up. Looks like he is splitting time with Blount today so may turn out true. 

1.21 21.renesauz Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

2.12 44.renesauz Miller, Lamar HOU RB

3.21 85.renesauz Walker, Delanie TEN TE

4.12 108.renesauz Matthews, Jordan BUF WR

5.21 149.renesauz Broncos, Denver DEN TMQB

6.12 172.renesauz Clay, Charles BUF TE

7.21 213.renesauz Gano, Graham CAR PK

8.12 236.renesauz Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def

9.21 277.renesauz West, Charcandrick KCC RB

10.12 300.renesauz Williams, Mike LAC WR

First time in this format, and would do t least one thing different if I were to re-boot: Forgot about being able to replace a player, so taking a PK anywhere but the 10th round seems like an error.

Hoping for a bit of a rebound from Miller; not seeing what some are in Foreman. Think Jordan Mathews in the fourth could be a steal: he's a decent WR and he's gonna get a ton of looks. Feel good about the two TE strategy, but would feel better if at least one of them had a higher ceiling. Hoping C. West catches some lightening, but even if he doesn't he should stay involved. Mike WIlliams? No clue, but there isn't a whole lot to choose from at pick 300.

Overall it feels like an average squad. There aren't any sure-fire playoff teams, but if Denver can squeak in that's TWO key players. I like Houston's chances to go into the post-season as well, and Carolina and Kansas City both have chances. It isn't hard to see a path to a good showing.

It's been all over today that Smallwood is the current favorite to be the lead back and Blount has been bloated and floundering. I would have taken Smallwood one pick later.
Didn't see this until now, but the news was why I grabbed him. I think I had an Oakland back first and then moved Smallwood up. Looks like he is splitting time with Blount today so may turn out true. 
Smallwood looked pretty good tonight....better than Blount, and got more first team touches to boot

renesauz said:
First time in this format, and would do t least one thing different if I were to re-boot: Forgot about being able to replace a player, so taking a PK anywhere but the 10th round seems like an error.
I think that's too broad a statement. First of all, there's a lot of potential for injuries between Week 2 of the preseason and Week 2 of the regular season, which you can't backfill if you lose a kicker camp battle as well; second, with you at the 21st replacement pick you'll be in that grey area of "PKs who are probably dead men walking but haven't had a successor actually brought in yet".

I do think it makes more sense to wait until the 10th than to draft a PK In the 23-28 range, but aside from that it's nice to have the spot somewhat locked up so you're able to cover a freak injury to a RB/WR/TE.

At least you get to replace him, not that there's much chance of finding someone in his scoring bracket.
I keep forgetting about this option. Ihate to say this David but, there should be a way for season ending injuries to go first. 

Sorry David. I love Anarchy and look forward to them each year, I thank you and do not want to cause yoy more work, But, today sucked for fantasy futures.

Now we wait in line when some have an IR pick waiting behind us. Soon there will be more.

There it is said:
I keep forgetting about this option. Ihate to say this David but, there should be a way for season ending injuries to go first. 

Sorry David. I love Anarchy and look forward to them each year, I thank you and do not want to cause yoy more work, But, today sucked for fantasy futures.

Now we wait in line when some have an IR pick waiting behind us. Soon there will be more.
Interesting suggestion.

I am not sure where Juju fits in with the Steelers this year. They have a lot of WR right now. if Bryant has issues or is out of the way I like his chances for opportunity a lot better then.
I believe he is the missing piece they have been searching for, much like a lot of great passing team need...a 3rd WR not afraid to block and a goal line target.

I think you are going to love his football tenacity .. watch him tonight.

I believe he is the missing piece they have been searching for, much like a lot of great passing team need...a 3rd WR not afraid to block and a goal line target.

I think you are going to love his football tenacity .. watch him tonight.
I am hoping to. Is he going to play?

I was just looking through some of our recent drafts and JuJu was not selected in two of them.

You know I dig deep. Usually a year or 2 too soon, but sometimes a playoff payoff!

Yes he's playing.
Cool I look forward to seeing him.

Eli Rodgers was the other Steelers WR selected over JuJu in league two.also in league 6

Here you selected JuJu and I don't see Rodgers being taken.

Nevermind Rodgers went pick 266 JuJu 305

I guess folks think Rodgers is worth drafting.

There it is said:

I think this may be the worst suggestion of all time....you gotta be kidding me....

I think this may be the worst suggestion of all time....you gotta be kidding me....
First of all the fact that we have one one is antiANARCHY.

Since we do. Why can't we go be the NFL IR official list. In stead of giving a free get out of jail card for K pick up and allow everyone to draft a K in the 10th w/a free pass.

An IR can destroy your season no matter how good you are, So, If David is allowing this "free pick up". I suggested that those that were devastated the most.. move to the front of the line.

An IR can destroy your season no matter how good you are, So, If David is allowing this "free pick up". I suggested that those that were devastated the most.. move to the front of the line.
I'm not sure I totally agree with the first premise and I'm totally sure I do not agree with the second premise.

Oh I came here to talk about JuJu Schuster since I am watching the replay right now.

He came in and made a catch but then walked off the field again very gingerly. Clearly still having some pain in his knee. 

Eli Rodgers comes back in and makes a catch after this. Watching the 2 minute drll end of the first half right now.

Oh and these announcers some of the worst I've listened to, Not sure if they are the Pittsburgh or Indianapolis crew.

Oh I came here to talk about JuJu Schuster since I am watching the replay right now.

He came in and made a catch but then walked off the field again very gingerly. Clearly still having some pain in his knee. 

Eli Rodgers comes back in and makes a catch after this. Watching the 2 minute drll end of the first half right now.
Keep watching my friend.

I had a feeling you were going to come in and say something like this.  :D
Lol...there are so many things wrong with it and actually trying to implement it that I almost want to start a debate for fun just to bury it....been with FBG since 2003 or sooner I think....back when they used to "fax" you a cheat sheet....no offense but that suggestion might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted.....

Well go ahead...

:stirspot:

I was thinking the one free pick up after week one went in the reverse order of how people drafted, as a form of balancing out teams who get to use higher picks than others throughout the draft.

I did not think about how TII suggestion might somehow disrupt game balance, but I imagine some of you may have strong opinions about that.

Lol...there are so many things wrong with it and actually trying to implement it that I almost want to start a debate for fun just to bury it....been with FBG since 2003 or sooner I think....back when they used to "fax" you a cheat sheet....no offense but that suggestion might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted.....
Losing already! have to bring up longevity. Same as us if you check.

No offense it's just a suggestion. Like the reason it was added in the first place.

Losing already! have to bring up longevity. Same as us if you check.

No offense it's just a suggestion. Like the reason it was added in the first place.
I brought up 2003 cause I have seen some stupid  crazy #### posted in the last 14 years or whatever....including some of my own posts...but your suggestion was one of the winner winner chicken dinners...not trying to be d-bag here but just felt compelled to call it out.....I may post this suggestion in the IBL league and see if they can hook me up somehow with my Boldin pick....

I brought up 2003 cause I have seen some stupid  crazy #### posted in the last 14 years or whatever....including some of my own posts...but your suggestion was one of the winner winner chicken dinners...not trying to be d-bag here but just felt compelled to call it out.....I may post this suggestion in the IBL league and see if they can hook me up somehow with my Boldin pick....
I guess you just can't disagree.

Off hand, I can easily think of far stupider ideas in the history of this board...

Pretty much every so-called "forum upgrade" would be near the top of the list.

Off hand, I can easily think of far stupider ideas in the history of this board...

Pretty much every so-called "forum upgrade" would be near the top of the list.
Agreed.

Don't think I like the idea, but don't think it was THAT bad.....

Hell ####### no.

I got ripped with pick 32 this season

Too bad so sad suckers 

lol...I'll bite....do we factor in retired players too....?...guys that get cut...?...suspended for the year between now and then..?....so after the the second Monday Night game at about midnight....David is supposed to check and see who is actually considered out for the year and not just part of the year....including anybody who gets hurt in either of the Monday games....who we may not find out until later that week....plow through some medical reports and uncertain updates....and then some how create a waiver order based on the injured players owners getting first crack (and then I guess we would have to decide who gets priority there...what round were they drafted in originally, draft spot, etc..) and then draft reversal.....all this being done in the MDF forum in two days before the Thursday night game.....sounds pretty easy to me...or we say just like every other league....tough break...

lol...I'll bite....do we factor in retired players too....?...guys that get cut...?...suspended for the year between now and then..?....so after the the second Monday Night game at about midnight....David is supposed to check and see who is actually considered out for the year and not just part of the year....including anybody who gets hurt in either of the Monday games....who we may not find out until later that week....plow through some medical reports and uncertain updates....and then some how create a waiver order based on the injured players owners getting first crack (and then I guess we would have to decide who gets priority there...what round were they drafted in originally, draft spot, etc..) and then draft reversal.....all this being done in the MDF forum in two days before the Thursday night game.....sounds pretty easy to me...or we say just like every other league....tough break...
While I agreed that we shouldn't do it, you're dramatically over-stating the difficulty. It would be pretty simple to peruse rosters, see the IR next to a name, and manually adjust. Nobody is suggesting  changes to ANYTHING other than officially IR'd players.

It would appear we aren't doing it (and shouldn't IMO), but it certainly wasn't a horrible thought, nor would it be anywhere near as difficult to implement as you suggest.

While I agreed that we shouldn't do it, you're dramatically over-stating the difficulty. It would be pretty simple to peruse rosters, see the IR next to a name, and manually adjust. Nobody is suggesting  changes to ANYTHING other than officially IR'd players.

It would appear we aren't doing it (and shouldn't IMO), but it certainly wasn't a horrible thought, nor would it be anywhere near as difficult to implement as you suggest.
I'm sure David would agree....

and it would only be players on IR as of Tuesday morning....not those placed on IR later that week after being injured Sunday or Monday....

I have not been in this league with waivers before. Can someone please tell me when the one replacement waivers are run? and is it in reverse drafting order or same? Thanks ahead for the kind assist.

Users who are viewing this thread