What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Magic, suck a ____

Earvin Magic Johnson✔@MagicJohnson

The Philadelphia 76ers can only blame themselves for losing to the Raptors due to poor execution on offense in the last 3 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
360 / -463

Warriors 79% to win.  Sounds like books are expecting it to be really close even with the uncertainty of KD @jvdesigns2002
I think you are misinterpreting my posts.  I never said that I didn't think that a healthy Warriors team would lose to a healthy Blazers team.  I just said it would be a great series and a great series to watch.  I think the games would be competitive no matter how many games the series would last. I don't think it would be the "steamroll" sweep that you are making it out to be.   The Blazers when healthy have a well balanced team---good shooting, good inside presense with Nurk, would have a deep bench with guys like Kanter, curry, Turner, Collins, Hood coming off the bench.  Just because a team is a favorite to win a championship doesn't mean they are immune to getting played tough.   

Hey Magic, suck a ____

The Philadelphia 76ers can only blame themselves for losing to the Raptors due to poor execution on offense in the last 3 minutes.
I think they can blame Kawhi too.

Hey Magic, suck a ____

Why---Magic's analysis was spot on.  You think the 76ers executed well the last 3 minutes?

Why---Magic's analysis was spot on.  You think the 76ers executed well the last 3 minutes?
nope, think if we watch the last 5 minutes again we can see multiple spots where the offense letdown. Still, no need to chime in from his twitter universe to let us know. we already know

And if philly fires brown that's pretty terrible
I wouldn't fire him because teams would be lining up for him but I got a feeling Brown and management or at least ownership don't see eye to eye on a few things from how to handle Joel and Ben to other things. You can tell by Brown's demeanor at times he's incredible frustrated. He actually might be relieved to be let go IMHO. Theres been various reports popping up for the last few yrs about Brown and management not seeing eye to eye and people are blowing those reports off. It just sounds awfully similar to the Thibs/Bulls stuff about not seeing eye to eye either a few yrs ago. I think Brown gets one more year and if he doesn't get to the ECF he's gone but I wouldn't be shocked if they pink slipped him in the next few days either. 

Hey Magic, suck a ____

He's kind of right. How many shot clock violations and poor ball movement did they have in those final 3 mins? Guys bunched together, not aware of the shot clock, etc. 

nope, think if we watch the last 5 minutes again we can see multiple spots where the offense letdown. Still, no need to chime in from his twitter universe to let us know. we already know
I just think that just like any fan--you are too emotionally invested and are taking an accurate assessment of what went on too personally.   It's more than the last few minutes.  Embiid is arguably the best big in the game--and that did not show today. Ibaka put a far bigger mark on this game than Embiid did.  That's inexcusable.   I said it earlier in the NBA thread--he shoots way too many 3's and would be better off posting up and attacking the rim. Sure enough--he was something like 1-6 from 3 today.  There was a lot more that went into the loss than a fortunate bounce of a fade away base line jumper.  

I don’t think he’s totally wrong, but Toronto’s defense was absolutely suffocating.

maybe magic could have spent more time trying to put a decent team together and he wouldn’t have to worry about tweeting.
Kind of hard to do after he sign Lebron. The minute you sign Lebron you sign him as your Star player, Your Head Coach and You're GM so you don't hurt the whittle guys feelings 

I don’t think he’s totally wrong, but Toronto’s defense was absolutely suffocating.

maybe magic could have spent more time trying to put a decent team together and he wouldn’t have to worry about tweeting.
I think Magic Johnson's resume in the NBA more than qualifies him for tweeting about basketball. It qualifies him moreso than a bunch of fantasy football dudes on an Internet forum.  

I just think that just like any fan--you are too emotionally invested and are taking an accurate assessment of what went on too personally.   It's more than the last few minutes.  Embiid is arguably the best big in the game--and that did not show today. Ibaka put a far bigger mark on this game than Embiid did.  That's inexcusable.   I said it earlier in the NBA thread--he shoots way too many 3's and would be better off posting up and attacking the rim. Sure enough--he was something like 1-6 from 3 today.  There was a lot more that went into the loss than a fortunate bounce of a fade away base line jumper.  
no, i stated multiple times in here that Embiid looked atrocious 1st half. think that is what hurts the most is that this game was very winnable. i do think both of these teams took a lot out of eachother over these 7 games, but still some of this was inexcusable

I think you are misinterpreting my posts.  I never said that I didn't think that a healthy Warriors team would lose to a healthy Blazers team.  I just said it would be a great series and a great series to watch.  I think the games would be competitive no matter how many games the series would last. I don't think it would be the "steamroll" sweep that you are making it out to be.   The Blazers when healthy have a well balanced team---good shooting, good inside presense with Nurk, would have a deep bench with guys like Kanter, curry, Turner, Collins, Hood coming off the bench.  Just because a team is a favorite to win a championship doesn't mean they are immune to getting played tough.   
Sorry man.  Portland has been a soft out in the playoffs.  They didn't magically get so much better they could compete with a healthy GS team - they just played a bunch of garbage this year to get to this point.  Don't confuse that with being historically elite.

I'm going to happily cash in on what I had on the Raps to take down Philly prior to the series start. How was your day?
lol, congrats on the winnings (i'm never sad to see a gambler win). i'm just bummed cause i had most of my futures in Toronto to win the East, but i am not sure they have anything left to give

The guy that took 5 shots and had 5 TOs in a game 7? The guy that's scared to take a jumper? 

Yeah, they should probably fire up the process again.
no way you can blame Ben in this one. there is plenty to go around. you guys are 4 bounces away from being on the other end so i wouldn't gloat too much. Sixers avoid one of the 3 shot clock violations and probably a different story as well

no way you can blame Ben in this one. there is plenty to go around. you guys are 4 bounces away from being on the other end so i wouldn't gloat too much. Sixers avoid one of the 3 shot clock violations and probably a different story as well
If only they had a PG who could run an offense and avoid those 3 shot clock violations. 

I was watching game of thrones so I seen this on ESPN play by play 

0:00 Kawhi Leonard makes 15-foot two point shot

I was thinking foul line shot.........I just watched replay he was on the 3 point line almost aka 21 footer from the side.  

How can a site be so far off....idiots.

This is a few days old, but the difference Kawhi is making for Toronto is absurd: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxHnETOh5Gj/?utm_source=ig_embed 

"Carrying the team" is not strong enough.
I saw the TS% one on some random Twitter feed but had no luck finding it again... that's funny it was by this same guy.  Thank you.  Leonard is a monster to do what he does on both ends of the floor.

Unfortunately, I think his lack of support is going to make next series really tough for them 

Time to start the process over? 
The Process success will be with Joel and Ben. This loss hurts but ultimately every NBA Star that ever won a championship had to go through some growing pains (except Magic). Maybe this will be the wake up call for Ben to finally develop and use a jump shot. Maybe Joel will take his health seriously and start eating better and get a conditioning schedule for the off season. Maybe the front office will finally take control of their players and hold them accountable for these shortcomings.

Or maybe they don't learn anything and we do it all again next year.

I have a feeling we will be seeing many more Denver-Portland battles in the playoffs in the future.  The future is bright for both of these teams.  I said Portland over Denver in 6 but I am very happy they got it done today.  I hope Hood is okay.  

I was watching game of thrones so I seen this on ESPN play by play 

0:00 Kawhi Leonard makes 15-foot two point shot

I was thinking foul line shot.........I just watched replay he was on the 3 point line almost aka 21 footer from the side.  

How can a site be so far off....idiots.
Yeah no clue. Corner 3 is 22 ft, go in a couple feet from there. :shrug:

The guy that took 5 shots and had 5 TOs in a game 7? The guy that's scared to take a jumper? 

Yeah, they should probably fire up the process again.
I'm not saying he doesn't have some self analysis or work to do. I do think if he wants to be......he'll be a legit super SUPERstar in the league. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread