What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2021/22 Stanley Cup NHL Thread **** Congrats 2022 Avs Cup Champs! (1 Viewer)

1. Los Angeles Kings at Edmonton Oilers - 18

Los Angeles beat Edmonton 10-8 in Game 1 of the division semifinals on April 7, 1982 to secure the top spot on this list. 

Is going to be interesting to see what the Oilers and Avs do for Game 2.

I assume Woodcroft goes with Koskinen … he was solid for the most part. Kuemper wasn’t very good before he got “hurt” and Francouz had his moments.

Is going to be interesting to see what the Oilers and Avs do for Game 2.

I assume Woodcroft goes with Koskinen … he was solid for the most part. Kuemper wasn’t very good before he got “hurt” and Francouz had his moments.
I suspect Oil will go back to Smith. They did after he got lit up game 1 vs Calgary so I would think they'll do the same here.

2 highly skilled teams with average goaltending = exciting hockey! 

I suspect Oil will go back to Smith. They did after he got lit up game 1 vs Calgary so I would think they'll do the same here.

2 highly skilled teams that don't defend well with average goaltending.

I actually prefer it when it's two highly skilled teams with outstanding goaltending.  When goalies are making otherwordly stops on awesome offensive plays it means goals are even more important.  It really heightens the excitement factor.  

Terrible to average goaltending just isn't as fun to watch.

NY just equalled Florida's series output in goals in less than a game.  That layoff did Tampa no favors. 

NY just equalled Florida's series output in goals in less than a game.  That layoff did Tampa no favors. 
Yea that wasn’t the same team that played against Florida. I don’t know how many shots they blocked tonight but I didn’t see any. 

maybe the rangers are a bit too underrated here?  zibanejad, kreider and panarin are top tier players.  strome is good enough and copp and vatrano seem to bring enough to those lines.  kaako and lafreniere werent 1-2 picks for no reason and chytil was a #1 pick as well. motte and goodrow on the 4th line bring enough to help the penalty kill and in other areas. not just slugs.  fox, lindgren, miller and trouba are a reasonably strong top 4.  i just wish miller used his size more.  igor can play too.  in a way, i think they are being overlooked a bit due to age and lack of playoff experience.  

maybe the rangers are a bit too underrated here?  zibanejad, kreider and panarin are top tier players.  strome is good enough and copp and vatrano seem to bring enough to those lines.  kaako and lafreniere werent 1-2 picks for no reason and chytil was a #1 pick as well. motte and goodrow on the 4th line bring enough to help the penalty kill and in other areas. not just slugs.  fox, lindgren, miller and trouba are a reasonably strong top 4.  i just wish miller used his size more.  igor can play too.  in a way, i think they are being overlooked a bit due to age and lack of playoff experience.  
I was a little disappointed in Miller for most of the first half of the season but he really turned it on in the second half. He really could do more with his size but I think that will come eventually. I also was pretty critical of Gallant for benching Chytil earlier in the season for McKegg but it seemed to turn his game around.

Hopefully they can get the W in Game 2 since who knows what kind of team will show up on the road. #LGR

Is anyone outside of the NY area aware of Steve Valiquette's skills as an analyst? He really might be my favorite studio guy of all time in any sport and I don't think he's done anything outside of the Rangers. 

He's so good at breaking down plays and communicating about the game, and he just sounds so happy to be talking hockey. 

If anyone actually gave a #### about the game on TV I'd be buying up all his stock. 

Through four periods now the Rangers have been the far superior team. Wasn’t expecting this to feel like the Leafs series, and so far it’s worse. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone outside of the NY area aware of Steve Valiquette's skills as an analyst? He really might be my favorite studio guy of all time in any sport and I don't think he's done anything outside of the Rangers. 

He's so good at breaking down plays and communicating about the game, and he just sounds so happy to be talking hockey. 

If anyone actually gave a #### about the game on TV I'd be buying up all his stock. 
I posted on another board that he’s awesome and I wouldn’t be surprised if NHL network or ESPN scoped him up.  He’s a great follow on twitter and runs an analytics company.  He’s unbiased (online) and is probably the best analyst I’ve seen in ages. He’s super biased in the studio and hope the rangers keep him. Bring out of area I don’t get to watch msg for the playoffs but he is really good. 

Rangers have a good roster but they're simply playing really well right now. Lot of guys at or near the top of their game. 

Doesn't mean it'll last of course. 

3 hours ago, RUSF18 said:

Expand  
I posted on another board that he’s awesome and I wouldn’t be surprised if NHL network or ESPN scoped him up.  He’s a great follow on twitter and runs an analytics company.  He’s unbiased (online) and is probably the best analyst I’ve seen in ages. He’s super biased in the studio and hope the rangers keep him. Bring out of area I don’t get to watch msg for the playoffs but he is really good. 
Yup - Vally is incredible. Being in NY, get to see him every pre-game and post-game. Eventually he’s going to get a bigger job unfortunately. Honestly not a big fan of Henrik as an analyst but former backup Martin Biron is also a good analyst when he filled in.

Thought that was a decent third and a decent game by the Bolts. Too many lazy plays killed them. Rangers definitely better team so far. 

He is so good

Should be a good game tonight in edmonton. I fully expect the oilers to pick up a game tonight. Should be a great game

Users who are viewing this thread