What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2021/22 Stanley Cup NHL Thread **** Congrats 2022 Avs Cup Champs! (2 Viewers)

Kane should get at least one. That was so cheap and obvious   
I think he should get at least three playoff games (meaning if the Oilers get eliminated in 4, he's out the first two playoff games of next season).  Make the suspension really sting for a hit that dirty. 

As a Blues fan, it sucks to lose a key player due to a dirty cheap shot.  We felt it last year when Justin Faulk was knocked out due to a dirty hit, ironically by the same guy who was on the receiving end of last night's cheap shot, so I guess Avs fans now know what the other side feels like. 

Rangers played quite poorly in even strength in Game 3. 

Not surprising. Defending champs had their backs against the wall. Down 2-1 headed into the 3rd period. Rangers simply got outplayed. It happens. Still almost won somehow.

TB forecheck really came alive in that 3rd period. Rangers had trouble breaking out. Poor neutral zone play. Weren't making crisp passes. In addition, Rangers had some sloppy play in their own zone in that 3rd period, possibly as a result of TB's forecheck. 

Shesterkin played great. Zibanejad is a machine on the PP. Just not enough offensive zone time in the 3rd period for the Rangers. That Trouba penalty that took care of the double minor in the 3rd hurt. Trouba needs to be more disciplined. Too many penalties yesterday for him.

I thought the Kid Line didn't get enough ice time for NYR. Thought they were NYR's best line at even strength yesterday. Need to wait and see on what injury Strome suffered and how severe. Gallant says he will play in Game 4. Goodrow had that nasty shot block on a Hedman shot yesterday. Missed time earlier this post-season with an ankle fracture. He did come back in the game, but that looked bad at first. Would be a blow if he misses any time.

I thought the Kid Line didn't get enough ice time for NYR. Thought they were NYR's best line at even strength yesterday. 
Agree with pretty much everything you typed out, but this in particular.  Rangers absolutely need to find another line that works over TB other than the Mika line from time to time and the kid line is it.  Rangers second line is honestly a mess.  I dislike Strome, not that I'm rooting for the guy to get hurt, but he's simply not good enough.  Goodrow/Copp/Panarin could be pretty good as Copp and Goodrow can do the work on the forecheck that Panarin will not (And Strome isn't that good either).  Kid line has been real good this series and needs to get more ice time.  The 4th lines are a wash really as each teams line can take it to the others, kinda back and forth.  

Rangers really blew a massive opportunity yesterday.  I have nothing against TB, hell a lot of Rangers ended up in TB and all the Lightning players are good, play hard and Cooper is pure class.  But, I really don't want to see them win another cup here.  Rangers have been super resilient all year long and especially in the playoffs.  We shall see.  

Rangers really blew a massive opportunity yesterday. 
Feeling the same - have to give all the credit in the world to the 2-time defending champs with their backs against the wall, but seems like the Rangers got a bit complacent after the two goal lead and didn't step on the Bolts' throats at that point. As you said, they've proven themselves to be very resilient occasion after occasion, so we'll see if they can bounce back. 

Certainly can live without Strome: Gallant says he's playing, but we know how injury reports go, especially during the playoffs. Strome hasn't played all that well for the bulk of the playoffs and Goodrow could slide into the second line assuming his ankle isn't effed up, with Rooney taking Goodrow's spot on the 4th line. Just wish Sammy Blais could return, but he can't be in any kind of game shape even if he's physically ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the fortune to be watching Game 3 from a distance from the comfort of a friend's pool. It made it a whole lot more tolerable. 

Not playoffs related but really surprising to see Boston firing Cassidy. Doesn't seem to make much sense unless it's not related to on ice results. 

Not playoffs related but really surprising to see Boston firing Cassidy. Doesn't seem to make much sense unless it's not related to on ice results. 

I really liked Cassidy, but now starting to hear rumblings that he wasn't the most popular with the players. Surprising, but there you go.

I'm curious if the B's management is waiting on Savard* to be done in the Memorial Cup.

(* If only Cassidy hadn't been missing Savard from the lineup the past 5+ seasons.)

I also wonder if there was a difference of opinion between Cassidy and Sweeney/Neely regarding how to approach next season, given all the injuries to start, plus the uncertainty surrounding Bergeron's future.

And of course, no Savard.

I thought the Oilers would at least win a game, but I can't say I am surprised that the Avs dispatched them quickly.  It always felt like the Western finals really would be Avs vs the Blues or Wild in the 2nd round, and that is pretty much what happened. 

Sloppy play by the Rangers. I hope they aren't wearing down. The rest that the Bolts got could play a big part.

Still, I would have taken the best of 3 with home ice to go to the finals any day. #LGR

Guys reverse jinxes don't work.  There's nothing you can say or do that will impact the outcome of tonight's game (unless of course you are actually on the team posting pseudonymously).

Guys reverse jinxes don't work.  There's nothing you can say or do that will impact the outcome of tonight's game (unless of course you are actually on the team posting pseudonymously).
I think the Lightning are going to win the next 2 games and the Stanley Cup. :shrug:  Maybe the Rangers get them to 7. 

Rangers can’t keep up 5x5. I’ll be pretty surprised if the Bolts aren’t playing in the Final. 

TB has significantly tightened up the neutral zone play the last two games. Much better forecheck in Games 3 and 4 than Games 1 and 2.

NYR had a lot easier time getting into the offensive zone in Games 1 and 2. TB doesn't want to play that game. Can TB keep it up on the road? Can NYR adjust? NYR needs the jump start from the home crowd. Need to get out to an early lead.

TB-Avs Cup Finals incoming

Rangers had a good effort tonight. Couldn't bury their chances. Just a little too sloppy in their own end. Not getting the puck out. You get burnt that way. 

We're seeing a historic run by TB here. First team since EDM in the 80s to be in three straight Cup Finals if they win one of the next two games.

TB is unique in that they can win games multiple ways. They've got the firepower to outscore you, they can also lock down and win a tight game, they can grind you down and win a physical game, etc. It's truly wild. 

I think they might also get Point back for the SCF. Would be big. 

Vasy has allowed one 5x5 goal in the last 198 minutes. That Igor’s Better chant in game 2 has to be an all-time stupid fan moment. 

Hey @Capella ... if the Lightning beat the Rangers in 7, I will be in TB for Game 4.

(I'll be there 6/23-26 regardless for a guys trip ... our group's first one in three years.) 

Users who are viewing this thread