What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Year-end Song Draft - Playlist in post #1 (1 Viewer)

SCS 11AM
Hope in Hell - Black Pistol Fire

SCS 12PM
Greta Van Fleet - Built By Nations

I could have picked any song off either of these albums as I enjoy them all.

J

SCS 1AM
Good 4 U - Olivia Rodrigo
SCS 2PM
Leave the Door Open - Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak & Silk Sonic
SCS 3AM
Durand Jones & the Indications - Witchoo
SCS 4PM
Hot & Heavy - Lucy Dacus
SCS 5AM
Typhoons - Royal Blood
SCS 6PM
.AmericanBlood. - Dead Poet Society
SCS 7AM
Cloudy Day - Tones and I
SCS 8PM
Another Last Time - Dirty Honey
SCS 9AM
Freedom - Jon Batiste
SCS 10PM
Shakin' Off the Rust - The Blue Stones

Since the day just rolled over may as well get my next two picks in.

Lumping together my soul/jazz/funk instrumental picks for the year.  Much like the previous two picks, it was really a toss-up between any number of good songs released on these artists latest albums.

SCS 13AM
Midnight Morning - The Menahan Street Band

SCS 14PM
Hole In One - Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio

J

SCS 1AM
Good 4 U - Olivia Rodrigo
SCS 2PM
Leave the Door Open - Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak & Silk Sonic
SCS 3AM
Durand Jones & the Indications - Witchoo
SCS 4PM
Hot & Heavy - Lucy Dacus
SCS 5AM
Typhoons - Royal Blood
SCS 6PM
.AmericanBlood. - Dead Poet Society
SCS 7AM
Cloudy Day - Tones and I
SCS 8PM
Another Last Time - Dirty Honey
SCS 9AM
Freedom - Jon Batiste
SCS 10PM
Shakin' Off the Rust - The Blue StonesSCS 11AM
Hope in Hell - Black Pistol Fire
SCS 12PM
Greta Van Fleet - Built By Nations

13. Teenage Sequence - All This Art

I'd like to take a moment to point out that there is nothing original about or any other song that has ever been released ever.

The debut single from Teenage Sequence, though, makes LCD Soundsystem and DFA at large feel like a soft open, with Dewan-Dean Soomary elevating James Murphy’s stream-of-consciousness lyrics above irony, his blipping electronic beats beyond their simplistic charm, on the walloping six-and-a-half minute debut single “All This Art.”

Might be too mainstream for the FFA; already over 1000 listeners per month.  

13. Teenage Sequence - All This Art

I'd like to take a moment to point out that there is nothing original about or any other song that has ever been released ever.

Might be too mainstream for the FFA; already over 1000 listeners per month.  
Single groove. 

<_<

Naw, did he talk about Dischord records, or am I so old and unhip I missed that he was plugging a label with a different spelling from another genre. I'm going with the latter, but who knows? 

15. Family Farm - The Hold Steady

And the nurse that they assigned me had Eruption as her ring tone
Blasting out through built in speakers like it's bug spray
Buzzing like a hornet halfway blown

(Remember when these guys always "won" the FFA album of the year?)

16. I Need Some of That - Weezer

Listening to Aerosmith
Later on I will call my mom
Now I'm pluggin' in to a Marshall stack
I can be anything I want

(Remember when these guys were good?  :) )

sorry guys... between Covid and having to run to Orlando for work, I fell behind the 8ball here. apologies if some of these were already tooked.

3-  no son of mine- Foo Fighters (who just released a movie horror/mock-umentary about recording an album at Studio 666). feels like they borrowed from Thee Oh Sees, in a good way.

4- control- Mannequin #####

7- big star- Surfbort 

8- END- CHAI (all caps!) no idea why spotify decided I should hear this, and it got an immediate "SHUT IT OFF" from the wife... (usually a good sign) but it grabbed me straight away- bit of Intergalactic vibe. 

9- 

Damn.  Sorry to hear that.

Is everyone recovered now?  I hope no one was seriously sick.
10yo floppinha first, few days of low fever sore throat and exhaution. rebounded well.

floppinho and I next. low fever for a day... floppinho was completely recovered immediately. I was knocked on my butt for a most of a week with exhaustion, but it also triggered my cough-variant asthma in a way my usually robust meds couldn't treat. Bad cough too. I'm really only just getting back to normal a full week and a half later. lung capacity also feels compromised- commuting bike rides the last couple days have been heavy-breathed.

all of us double vaxed.

wife just got her booster and showed up positive too, but completely asymptomatic.

I know you had it pretty bad- how are you doing?

9- The Wheel- IDLES (this record really didn't grab me, but I still like the songs when I hear them... this was probably my favorite and at this point its' my duty to IDLES represent)

10- G.A.F.F.- Tropical #### Storm (I'll add another of my usual favorites from another album I couldn't get that into... but still dig the tune)

9- 

10yo floppinha first, few days of low fever sore throat and exhaution. rebounded well.

floppinho and I next. low fever for a day... floppinho was completely recovered immediately. I was knocked on my butt for a most of a week with exhaustion, but it also triggered my cough-variant asthma in a way my usually robust meds couldn't treat. Bad cough too. I'm really only just getting back to normal a full week and a half later. lung capacity also feels compromised- commuting bike rides the last couple days have been heavy-breathed.

all of us double vaxed.

wife just got her booster and showed up positive too, but completely asymptomatic.

I know you had it pretty bad- how are you doing?
Glad to hear you're all on the mend.

Amazingly, I haven't had it yet, as far as I know. If I did it was asymptomatic.

I'm inundated with it 5 days a week in the clinic now.  We're getting hammered by it every day.  Many positive tests daily over the past 2-3 weeks when previously it was just a few per week.  Sadly, I think it's a question of when, not if, most of us docs will catch it. 

Glad to hear you're all on the mend.

Amazingly, I haven't had it yet, as far as I know. If I did it was asymptomatic.

I'm inundated with it 5 days a week in the clinic now.  We're getting hammered by it every day.  Many positive tests daily over the past 2-3 weeks when previously it was just a few per week.  Sadly, I think it's a question of when, not if, most of us docs will catch it. 
ah- I thought you had it, and bad.... from the Covid or vaccine thread. Glad it wasn't you. Who am I mixing you up with? 

after two years of not knowing anybody getting it, everybody we know has had it the last three weeks.... but mild like us.

9- The Wheel- IDLES (this record really didn't grab me, but I still like the songs when I hear them... this was probably my favorite and at this point its' my duty to IDLES represent)

10- G.A.F.F.- Tropical #### Storm (I'll add another of my usual favorites from another album I couldn't get that into... but still dig the tune)

Peak flopponess here

Listened to traces #93 to #108 of the playlist today.  The mix was dominated by Classic Rock sounding stuff that's not something I usually get exposed to via the algorithm and my usual radio outlets.  Thoroughly enjoyed the guitar solo of the Cory Hanson song that accompanied Lou and I up a big hill. 

Users who are viewing this thread