What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Anarchy League 1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
League 1 Site

Draft turned on.

Draft order:

1.01 - Aaron Rudnicki
1.02 - eNdblu
1.03 - David Yudkin
1.04 - Stinkin' Ref
1.05 - BroncoFreak_2K3
1.06 - BroadwayG
1.07 - freeannyong
1.08 - Maggot Brain
1.09 - Dickey Moe
1.10 - renesauz
1.11 - rzrback 77
1.12 - Genester
1.13 - ZWK
1.14 - BassNBrew
1.15 - Go DC Yourself
1.16 - bro1ncos

Last edited:
Gentleman (and @BassNBrew who is OTC right now) . . .

If my math is right, we have 57 hours to make 46 more picks before the season starts. That works out to about one pick every 75 minutes. League 4 started a day later and has been done for almost a full day already. Eighteen remaining picks are either TMQB or DEF. Seven more are kickers. That's almost half the picks left. A lot of people should be able to predraft picks as there's not a lot of major decision-making left. I will start hounding people at 4 hours and if it's a simple pick, I may start making picks for people to get the draft done.

Gentleman (and @BassNBrew who is OTC right now) . . .

If my math is right, we have 57 hours to make 46 more picks before the season starts. That works out to about one pick every 75 minutes. League 4 started a day later and has been done for almost a full day already. Eighteen remaining picks are either TMQB or DEF. Seven more are kickers. That's almost half the picks left. A lot of people should be able to predraft picks as there's not a lot of major decision-making left. I will start hounding people at 4 hours and if it's a simple pick, I may start making picks for people to get the draft done.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this David.
@Genester you are up.

1.14 Adam - Hated this pick. Not much upside and little playoff potential. Should have taken Schultz here.
2.3 Samuel - Just a dead spot here. Actually like my next two WRs better. Should see playoff points.
3.14 Sutton - Hugely surprised he lasted this long. Top 10 finish with playoff potential. He'll outperform Debo.
4.3 Godwin - Thanks guys. Kamara was very enticing here, but an extra game or two for Godwin was the difference
5.14 Kmet - Amazing that we went two rounds without a TE being drafted. Was very lucky he slid to me.
6.3 Indy QB - Don't bet against Ryan in an even year. Potential playoff points.
7.14 Miami QB - Wasn't seeing much on the board and wanted to leave a WR slot open for late. Love the passing weapons.
8.3 Gesecki - Having two that score is a must. Not sure I accomplished that here but he was on the clearance rack.
9.14 Tucker - Early but I always like to have two with jobs.
10.3 Henderson - My RB1. Not too disappointing for a 10th rounder. Should return value here
11.14 Sanders - Wanted McManus here. Matches well with my Miami stack.
12.3 Thomas - Dodged a bullet waiting on my TE in this format....assuming is is hurt once again.
13.14 Wilson - I reached here, should have taken Mostert
14.3 Herbert - This is the type of pick that if it hits that can make up ground on the top teams.
15.14 / 16.3 KC and Wash D - Need two and have to fill out the roster. I'm accumlating alot of Wash D as I think they bounce back this year.
17.14 Robinson - Huge dice roll and not the type of pick I usually make. I felt compelled to do this to make up ground on the teams at the front of the draft. Kelce and Allen could outscore my first two picks.
18.3 Duvernay - Usually like the options at WR late this year. Getting the clear WR2 in Baltimore this late fits the bill.

Last year I loved all my teams after the draft. This draft was much tighter. In retrospect I should have taken Kamara instead of Godwin and Cooper/Kirk instead of Indy QB.

Indy QB / Herbert / Godwin or Wash QB / Kamara / Kirk. I strongly prefer the later and left 100 points on the board.

Too many mistakes to be a contender in this league.

Ref: Bass Draft Mistakes

1.14 Adams - This league WR5 (14) . . . overall Anarchy ADP WR5 (15). I only see Adams point total going down from last year. LVR has more weapons than GB did. Not a horrible pick, but paying top dollar for last year's production.

2.3 Samuel - This league WR 7 (19) . . . overall Anarchy ADP WR7 (23). Another case of paying a premium price for last year's production. Who knows how things will go with Lance, someone who really hasn't had many passing attempts since high school.

3.14 Sutton - This league WR16 (46) . . . overall Anarchy ADP WR14 (47). Rookie head coach paired with a rookie OC. Hackett didn't wow anyone in BUF or JAX (obviously had Rodgers in GB). Sutton had two mediocre seasons with a strong one in the middle. I only see KC and LAC coming out of the AFCW for playoff spots. Wilson will help, but I don't see Sutton vaulting into the Top 10.

4.3 Godwin - This league WR19 (51) . . . overall Anarchy ADP WR21 (62). You ended up with Adams / Samuel / Godwin like JWB did in League 2. Godwin is a total roll of the dice IMO. Being able to play is not the same as being 100%. If he is sluggish or can't fully cut and accelerate, that could make him very average. Already some doubts whether he will play this week.

5.14 Kmet - This league TE11 (78) . . . overall Anarchy ADP TE11 (74). Kmet finished 19th last year. Unlikely to see any extra games. Without bonus points, don't think he makes it into the Top 10.

6.3 Indy QB - This league TMQB16 (83) . . . overall Anarchy ADP TMQB16 (72). Ryan goes to a Top 5 rushing team and a Bottom 5 passing team. Last year, ATL was league average in attempts but TMQB ranked 30th. There are 13 teams in the AFC that have a shot at a playoff birth. IMO, there is no real upside to taking mid-tier TMQB at this point in the draft. You can get similar scoring many rounds later. The only upside is getting a playoff team that can advance several rounds. To me, you either get an uber scoring TMQB or you wait a long time.

7.14 Miami QB - This league TMQB17 (110) . . . overall Anarchy ADP TMQB17 (93). Another rookie head coach with a rookie OC. I think we will find out that McDaniel is not Andy Reid and Tua is not Mahomes. At least you got them a round later than Anarchy average. MIA TMQB was #22. Maybe they move up 6 or 8 spots. They were still drafted in what I would call the TMQB dead zone.

8.3 Gesicki - This league TE18 (115) . . . overall Anarchy ADP TE12 (75). This is a tough one to evaluate. Reports out of camp are that the Fins are moving away from the TE being as involved in the receiving game and Gesicki is getting phased out. Can't ream you on this one, though, as you took him 40 picks later than average. He finished 10th last season, but give some of his numbers to Hill and I can see Gesicki in the TE20 range pretty easily.

9.14 Tucker - This league PK2 (142) . . . overall Anarchy PK2 (139). Tucker finished 6th the last two seasons. The argument about taking kickers with jobs was less prevalent this year. We all knew who the starting kickers were and who won jobs and who didn't. The need to take a kicker earlier wasn't really there. Maybe taking a kicker on a sure-fire playoff team might be worth a few extra points, but I am not sure there is a ton of scoring differential in a kicker at 142 vs. one taken 100 spots later.

10.3 Henderson - This league RB40 (147) . . . overall Anarchy RB40 (141). In the regular season, Rams RB combined to score only the 26th most fantasy points last year. With 4 playoff games, the RB corps only added 37.5 points. Henderson is the majority shareholder on an offense that doesn't utilize RB all that much. Granted, Akers hasn't been a beacon of health, but as your team's RB1, I would have rather you took some RB and waited on TMQB.

11.14 Sanders - This league PK12 (174) . . . overall Anarchy PK18 (211). Taken way earlier in L1 than any other league. Borderline playoff contender. On an offense that hasn't ranked Top 10 in scoring since 2001.

12.3 Thomas - This league TE29 (179) . . . overall Anarchy TE28 (160). If he plays in every game and sees 110 targets again, you got a steal. But he may already miss Week 1 and still has a balky knee. Tell me how many games he plays, and I'll tell you if he was worth drafting here. Is 40-450-4 a win at this spot?

13.14 Wilson - This league RB49 (206) . . . overall Anarchy RB55 (220). Doesn't really catch passes. Doesn't get a ton of carries. On a team with a running QB with a running WR. I'll take the under on 10 TD happening again. RB49 scored 85 points last year. If Mitchell stays healthy, that might be tough to get.

14.3 Herbert - This league RB50 (211) . . . overall Anarchy RB51 (206). Any backup RB that inherits a job early will help any owner. But without that, his pie of the pie will likely be 85-90 points.

15.14 / 16.3 KC and Wash D - They are defenses not expected to be near the top of the league. The Chiefs were 12th last year and should make the playoffs again. WAS should also be better.

17.14 Robinson - This league RB62 (270) . . . overall Anarchy RB60 (253). Will miss at least 4 games, could be longer. Backup on a team that utilizes a receiving back. Maybe he plays enough to score some points to earn back his draft spot (the last two years RB62 scored 62 and 60 points).

18.3 Duvernay - This league WR87 (275) . . . overall Anarchy WR91 (288). WR2 on the Ravens but could be 5th in targets on a run heavy team with a rushing QB. WR87 is generally around 85 points. That's probably doable.

Overall, I am not a huge fan of the WR-WR-WR-WR strategy in these leagues. It leads to breakdowns in decision-making. IMO, TMQB and PK were taken too early and RB was ignored for too long. I've become an adapter of waiting on TMQB and DEF. Using those as your last 4 picks, you are pretty much guaranteed 750 points no matter what. That way you don't need to wish and hope on late round picks to get way more playing time (in addition to actually being able to play well). We'll see how things turn out . . . I'm usually a pretty tough evaluator.

1.14 Adams - This league WR5 (14) . . . overall Anarchy ADP WR5 (15). I only see Adams point total going down from last year. LVR has more weapons than GB did. Not a horrible pick, but paying top dollar for last year's production.

2.3 Samuel - This league WR 7 (19) . . . overall Anarchy ADP WR7 (23). Another case of paying a premium price for last year's production. Who knows how things will go with Lance, someone who really hasn't had many passing attempts since high school.

3.14 Sutton - This league WR16 (46) . . . overall Anarchy ADP WR14 (47). Rookie head coach paired with a rookie OC. Hackett didn't wow anyone in BUF or JAX (obviously had Rodgers in GB). Sutton had two mediocre seasons with a strong one in the middle. I only see KC and LAC coming out of the AFCW for playoff spots. Wilson will help, but I don't see Sutton vaulting into the Top 10.

4.3 Godwin - This league WR19 (51) . . . overall Anarchy ADP WR21 (62). You ended up with Adams / Samuel / Godwin like JWB did in League 2. Godwin is a total roll of the dice IMO. Being able to play is not the same as being 100%. If he is sluggish or can't fully cut and accelerate, that could make him very average. Already some doubts whether he will play this week.

5.14 Kmet - This league TE11 (78) . . . overall Anarchy ADP TE11 (74). Kmet finished 19th last year. Unlikely to see any extra games. Without bonus points, don't think he makes it into the Top 10.

6.3 Indy QB - This league TMQB16 (83) . . . overall Anarchy ADP TMQB16 (72). Ryan goes to a Top 5 rushing team and a Bottom 5 passing team. Last year, ATL was league average in attempts but TMQB ranked 30th. There are 13 teams in the AFC that have a shot at a playoff birth. IMO, there is no real upside to taking mid-tier TMQB at this point in the draft. You can get similar scoring many rounds later. The only upside is getting a playoff team that can advance several rounds. To me, you either get an uber scoring TMQB or you wait a long time.

7.14 Miami QB - This league TMQB17 (110) . . . overall Anarchy ADP TMQB17 (93). Another rookie head coach with a rookie OC. I think we will find out that McDaniel is not Andy Reid and Tua is not Mahomes. At least you got them a round later than Anarchy average. MIA TMQB was #22. Maybe they move up 6 or 8 spots. They were still drafted in what I would call the TMQB dead zone.

8.3 Gesicki - This league TE18 (115) . . . overall Anarchy ADP TE12 (75). This is a tough one to evaluate. Reports out of camp are that the Fins are moving away from the TE being as involved in the receiving game and Gesicki is getting phased out. Can't ream you on this one, though, as you took him 40 picks later than average. He finished 10th last season, but give some of his numbers to Hill and I can see Gesicki in the TE20 range pretty easily.

9.14 Tucker - This league PK2 (142) . . . overall Anarchy PK2 (139). Tucker finished 6th the last two seasons. The argument about taking kickers with jobs was less prevalent this year. We all knew who the starting kickers were and who won jobs and who didn't. The need to take a kicker earlier wasn't really there. Maybe taking a kicker on a sure-fire playoff team might be worth a few extra points, but I am not sure there is a ton of scoring differential in a kicker at 142 vs. one taken 100 spots later.

10.3 Henderson - This league RB40 (147) . . . overall Anarchy RB40 (141). In the regular season, Rams RB combined to score only the 26th most fantasy points last year. With 4 playoff games, the RB corps only added 37.5 points. Henderson is the majority shareholder on an offense that doesn't utilize RB all that much. Granted, Akers hasn't been a beacon of health, but as your team's RB1, I would have rather you took some RB and waited on TMQB.

11.14 Sanders - This league PK12 (174) . . . overall Anarchy PK18 (211). Taken way earlier in L1 than any other league. Borderline playoff contender. On an offense that hasn't ranked Top 10 in scoring since 2001.

12.3 Thomas - This league TE29 (179) . . . overall Anarchy TE28 (160). If he plays in every game and sees 110 targets again, you got a steal. But he may already miss Week 1 and still has a balky knee. Tell me how many games he plays, and I'll tell you if he was worth drafting here. Is 40-450-4 a win at this spot?

13.14 Wilson - This league RB49 (206) . . . overall Anarchy RB55 (220). Doesn't really catch passes. Doesn't get a ton of carries. On a team with a running QB with a running WR. I'll take the under on 10 TD happening again. RB49 scored 85 points last year. If Mitchell stays healthy, that might be tough to get.

14.3 Herbert - This league RB50 (211) . . . overall Anarchy RB51 (206). Any backup RB that inherits a job early will help any owner. But without that, his pie of the pie will likely be 85-90 points.

15.14 / 16.3 KC and Wash D - They are defenses not expected to be near the top of the league. The Chiefs were 12th last year and should make the playoffs again. WAS should also be better.

17.14 Robinson - This league RB62 (270) . . . overall Anarchy RB60 (253). Will miss at least 4 games, could be longer. Backup on a team that utilizes a receiving back. Maybe he plays enough to score some points to earn back his draft spot (the last two years RB62 scored 62 and 60 points).

18.3 Duvernay - This league WR87 (275) . . . overall Anarchy WR91 (288). WR2 on the Ravens but could be 5th in targets on a run heavy team with a rushing QB. WR87 is generally around 85 points. That's probably doable.

Overall, I am not a huge fan of the WR-WR-WR-WR strategy in these leagues. It leads to breakdowns in decision-making. IMO, TMQB and PK were taken too early and RB was ignored for too long. I've become an adapter of waiting on TMQB and DEF. Using those as your last 4 picks, you are pretty much guaranteed 750 points no matter what. That way you don't need to wish and hope on late round picks to get way more playing time (in addition to actually being able to play well). We'll see how things turn out . . . I'm usually a pretty tough evaluator.

Thanks for the feedback. Probably why I'm down on this team. Your assessment is very fair.

Last year I ran away with a league waiting until the 9th to draft a RB. Ronald Jones was my RB1 and Gus Edwards my RB2. Singletary in the 12th and Penny in the 16th. Ironically I burned a 4th rounder on Logan Thomas. Of course I was gifted Kelce and and took the Jets team QB in the 18th. Kirk was a nice flex in the 17th.

The other title wasn't a runaway. Paid up for Bills and Tampa QB in rounds 1/2. First RB on that team was in the 11th. Bernard, Pollard, Hubbard, Williams were my 4. 2 hit. This team supports your argument as I drafted below average and lost Godwin, Brown, Jeudy, and Williams for large chunks of time. The two QBs basically carried the team. High scorer in weeks 19 and 20 with around 150 points each week made a difference.

I've been most successful focusing on WR and TE and waiting on RB. Seems like drafting the best QBs or nailing a position player who crushes the year are key to being in the running (and of course avoiding injury).

1.13 TE Kyle Pitts ATL
Swinging for the fences here; if he takes that next step he has a shot at being the top scoring non-QB. Was hoping for Jonathan Taylor.

2.04 RB Derrick Henry TEN
The highest scoring Anarchy RB in 2020, and by ppg again in 2021. Has a fair amount of risk given that he's 28, is coming off an overuse injury, and wasn't quite as effective as usual last year. Also considered: WR Lamb

3.13 RB Leonard Fournette TB
Hoping he can keep it up for another year in that offense, and in great position for a playoff boost. Also considered: RB Kamara, QB Cowboys

4.04 RB Alvin Kamara NO
I didn't plan on going RB heavy, but these high-end RBs keep falling. Has similar risks to Henry, plus suspension risk, but it's now rd4, and Kamara has a great track record and not much competition for touches in New Orleans. Also considered: QB Packers

5.13 WR Jerry Jeudy DEN
I'm personally not that optimistic about him as a player, but a lot of places have him ahead of some of the WRs who have already gone & Draftkings has his yardage line just above Sutton's. He should at least be solid as one of Russ's top targets, w some upside.

6.04 WR Amari Cooper CLE
End of a tier at WR, IMO.

7.13 RB Damien Harris NE
I had Higbee & London at the top of my predraft queue but alas. Harris fills my RB corps, which means I won't be able to take advantage of any RB values that fall, but if I pass on RBs on this turn I'll probably want to go TE-TE which will fill my TE & Flex spots. Decided to take Harris over a TE now because there are a few TEs who I have valued similarly, and Singletary is the only RB who I have close to Harris. Mainline scenario is that he splits a productive NE ground game w Stevenson, upside is that he keeps a larger share of that backfield like last year (when he was RB8). Also considered: TE Gesicki, TE Okwuegbunam.

8.04 TE Albert Okwuegbunam DEN
Another piece of that Broncos passing game. Could have a big year if he keeps up his per-snap production and stays on the field; some risk that he loses a bunch of snaps given his preseason playing time but his main competition is an injured rookie. Also considered: WR Gage, WR Boyd, TE Fant, TE Tonyan.

9.13 WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling KC
There's a lot of uncertainty about how KC's WR corps will shake out, but there is plenty of production to be had by someone & from the preseason it looks like JJSS & MVS are currently the top duo. Considered going for 2 top kickers on this turn, but guessing I'll be pretty happy with some of the kickers in rd11 or later. Also considered: PK Tucker, WR Wilson, TE/FLEX Hooper

10.04 PK Tyler Bass BUF
Good kicker with playoff value. Also considered: WR G Wilson, WR S Moore, PK Gay

11.13 PK Brandon McManus DEN
Another good kicker with playoff value, stacked w a WR & TE. Looks like I'm rooting for Denver to make the Super Bowl. Also considered: TE L Thomas, QB Browns, QB Giants, WR Hamler, WR Palmer

12.04 QB Browns CLE
I probably would've taken Logan Thomas with my last pick if I knew he wouldn't make it back; I gambled on Bass not taking his 3rd TE. I have generally been avoiding the Brown's quarterback, but when it's team QB and all 32 have to be drafted, shrug. Also considered: QB Giants, WR Hamler, WR Palmer

13.13 WR Josh Palmer LAC
Sniped again by Genester, this time on my Denver stack. Palmer should be ok if he reliably sees the field as the WR3, with some upside if KA or MW miss time. Also considered: WR Van Jefferson, WR Wan'Dale Robinson

14.04 QB Commanders WAS
Wentz has consistently at least been a decent fantasy QB. Had planned to go WR, but decided to swerve since there's a decent sized gap IMO between Wentz and QB Jets. Also considered: WR Van Jefferson, WR Wan'Dale Robinson

15.13 WR Alec Pierce IND
Goes into the season as a likely starting WR (in 11 personnel) as a rd2 rookie, competing w Campbell for his team's WR2 role. Also considered: WR Peoples-Jones, DEF Browns

16.04 WR Donovan Peoples-Jones CLE
Another likely starting WR (at least in 11 personnel), and another Brown. Also considered: DEF Browns, WR Cobb, WR Zay Jones

17.13 DEF Giants NYG
A defense.

18.04 DEF Seahawks SEA
Another defense.

Looking this team over... it has a chance, but I'm not in love with it. Pretty worried about those early RBs; in hindsight I think I would've been better off with CeeDee Lamb & Aaron Rodgers instead of Henry & Kamara. Heavily invested in DEN & CLE.

My favorite not-mine teams are Genester, Aaron Rudnicki, David Yudkin, BroncoFreak 2K3, and freeannyong. I like Genester's squad about as much as mine, which never happens in these leagues. His first & last picks, Jonathan Taylor at 1.12 & QB Falcons at 18.05, might be the two best values in this whole draft. If I'd been psychic about who would fall I would've saved my QB2 until the last round; probably would've gone Bullock-Cobb-Mariota with my last 3 picks.

1.14 Adam - Hated this pick. Not much upside and little playoff potential. Should have taken Schultz here.
2.3 Samuel - Just a dead spot here. Actually like my next two WRs better. Should see playoff points.
3.14 Sutton - Hugely surprised he lasted this long. Top 10 finish with playoff potential. He'll outperform Debo.
4.3 Godwin - Thanks guys. Kamara was very enticing here, but an extra game or two for Godwin was the difference
5.14 Kmet - Amazing that we went two rounds without a TE being drafted. Was very lucky he slid to me.
6.3 Indy QB - Don't bet against Ryan in an even year. Potential playoff points.
7.14 Miami QB - Wasn't seeing much on the board and wanted to leave a WR slot open for late. Love the passing weapons.
8.3 Gesecki - Having two that score is a must. Not sure I accomplished that here but he was on the clearance rack.
9.14 Tucker - Early but I always like to have two with jobs.
10.3 Henderson - My RB1. Not too disappointing for a 10th rounder. Should return value here
11.14 Sanders - Wanted McManus here. Matches well with my Miami stack.
12.3 Thomas - Dodged a bullet waiting on my TE in this format....assuming is is hurt once again.
13.14 Wilson - I reached here, should have taken Mostert
14.3 Herbert - This is the type of pick that if it hits that can make up ground on the top teams.
15.14 / 16.3 KC and Wash D - Need two and have to fill out the roster. I'm accumlating alot of Wash D as I think they bounce back this year.
17.14 Robinson - Huge dice roll and not the type of pick I usually make. I felt compelled to do this to make up ground on the teams at the front of the draft. Kelce and Allen could outscore my first two picks.
18.3 Duvernay - Usually like the options at WR late this year. Getting the clear WR2 in Baltimore this late fits the bill.

Last year I loved all my teams after the draft. This draft was much tighter. In retrospect I should have taken Kamara instead of Godwin and Cooper/Kirk instead of Indy QB.

Indy QB / Herbert / Godwin or Wash QB / Kamara / Kirk. I strongly prefer the later and left 100 points on the board.

Too many mistakes to be a contender in this league.

Ref: Bass Draft Mistakes

not sure where to start...or where to finish....but this might be your worst work ever....we may need to go to counseling....I feel like I don't know you anymore...

254 - Houston TMQB29 (Anarchy ADP 224 / TMQB29)
286 - Seattle TMQB32 (Anarchy ADP 251 / TMQB30)

My general strategy on QB is to either get one of the truly elite ones with rock solid playoff points forthcoming or wait. IMO, there is no real upside to taking one of the midrange QBs 100-200 picks earlier than the bottom feeders, as the scoring differential is minimal (22 QB went in the top half of the draft). More than likely, I am going to get 500 points out of these two units late in the draft when everyone else is scrambling to hit on players much deeper on the depth chart and hope they get more playing time. The 29 and 30 QBs combined for 535 points last year. I think I should be able to top that.

35 - Najee Harris RB7 (Anarchy ADP 26 / RB7)
67 - Javonte Williams RB16 (Anarchy ADP 59 / RB15)
99 - Rhamondre Stevenson RB27 (Anarchy ADP 107 / RB30)
158 - James Robinson RB42 (Anarchy ADP 159 / RB41)

Not thrilled in taking Harris, as that was before it came out that he had a foot injury. Not thrilled with Williams either, as now it looks like Gordon will be getting more touches than it initially appeared. IMO, Stevenson will likely outscore Harris this year and should take over the majority side of the timeshare by midseason. All three of these guys have some hope of some limited playoff points. I am not sold that ETN is going to get a huge workload running the ball, and Robinson could still get a decent workload (180 touches?) in a more functional offense this year. IIRC, most of the remaining backs were more true backups.

30 - Tee Higgins WR11 (Anarchy ADP 32 / WR11)
62 - Brandin Cooks WR25 (Anarchy ADP 57 / WR20)
94 - Tyler Lockett WR40 (Anarchy ADP 92 / WR37)
131 - Treylon Burks WR52 (Anarchy ADP 131 / WR49)
163 - Mecole Hardman WR65 (Anarchy ADP 155 / WR62)
190 - Robbie Anderson WR67 (Anarchy ADP 193 / WR69)

Higgins may have been a reach, as it might be unwise to expect the Bengals offense to have the same success this season. Other than the season Cooks got hurt, he was Top 25 in his 6 seasons as a starter. Who knows what to expect in SEA this year (certainly less production than with Wilson). Drafters shy away from situations with significant change and things that aren’t very clear, but 40 receivers in, Lockett was a proven commodity and an every down starter. He could still see 75-80 receptions.

The Titans went from the 1 seed in the AFC to seemingly people avoiding their players this year. Either Burks or Woods will end up as their #1 receiver, and at WR52 Burks seemed like a decent investment. The Chiefs look like they are rolling out a bunch of so-so receivers to try to make up for Hill moving on. JuJu, MVS, Hardman, and Moore all seem like guys in the mix (without anyone as a go to guy). Hardman ranked WR38 last year with Hill around . . . now he went as WR65. Any of the four could see a larger role than expected. Anderson has ranked 39, 42, 24, and 53 in his time in the league. Seemingly with a better QB, he should see a bit of a bounce back this season.

3 - Mark Andrews TE2 (Anarchy ADP 2 / TE3)
126 - Evan Engram TE22 (Anarchy ADP 126 / TE22)

I hesitated at taking Andrews. Sure, he scored 400+ points last year, but he averaged 8.2 ppg less with Lamar at QB. Not sure if that would be something that would push him down the TE rankings (probably not), but not something you want to hear about the #3 pick in the draft. Maybe a couple playoff games would make up the difference. Doug Pederson made Kelce and Ertz into TE royalty. If Engram can stay on the field, Engram should exceed his draft spot (potentially by a lot).

195 - Brett Maher PK21 (Anarchy ADP 241 / PK23)
227 - Zuerlein, Greg PK24 (Anarchy ADP 236 / PK21)

With the draft starting much later this year, we should all have known who the kickers were for all 32 teams. We were drafting past NFL cutdown day, so any camp kicking battles were settled. Sure, some teams might swap out their kicker if he bombs early, but a lot of the incentive and motivation to draft a kicker early dissipated. Maher is a bit of a risk, as the Cowboys aren’t paying him much. (Zuerlein finished 14th for DAL last year). The Jets are on the hook for almost $3M for Zuerlein, so it would take a lot to go wrong for him to get cut.

222 - Patriots DEF10 (Anarchy ADP 217 / DEF13)
259 - Cardinals DEF22 (Anarchy ADP 258 / DEF22)

I only took NE at that point because I had limited roster spots left and none of the remaining QB stood out to me. IMO, defenses are unpredictable and vary a lot from year to year. Like with TMQB, you are guaranteed X amount of points no matter what from your defenses, and a combination of any two should net 175-200 total points between them no matter what. NE and ARI could both eke out a playoff spot (not that that would necessarily add much scoring . . . the Pats produced 0.00 against BUF and ARI put up 1.00 against the Rams last year).

Overall, I think my team is ok. Like everyone else, I need my RB to stay healthy and hope my WR all do better than expected. I should be in the running, but I doubt I will have enough scoring in the playoffs and will likely fade down the stretch.

My general strategy on QB is to either get one of the truly elite ones with rock solid playoff points forthcoming or wait. IMO, there is no real upside to taking one of the midrange QBs 100-200 picks earlier than the bottom feeders, as the scoring differential is minimal (22 QB went in the top half of the draft). More than likely, I am going to get 500 points out of these two units late in the draft when everyone else is scrambling to hit on players much deeper on the depth chart and hope they get more playing time. The 29 and 30 QBs combined for 535 points last year. I think I should be able to top that.

I used to think this way but it got me a bunch of 3rd and 4th place finishes. I at least would want one QB with some playoff potential.

Not thrilled in taking Harris, as that was before it came out that he had a foot injury. Not thrilled with Williams either, as now it looks like Gordon will be getting more touches than it initially appeared. IMO, Stevenson will likely outscore Harris this year and should take over the majority side of the timeshare by midseason. All three of these guys have some hope of some limited playoff points. I am not sold that ETN is going to get a huge workload running the ball, and Robinson could still get a decent workload (180 touches?) in a more functional offense this year. IIRC, most of the remaining backs were more true backups.

Too much draft capital in a low scoring position IMO. Steelers look like they may be OK so Harris could produce well for you here. Interesting how far Williams fell as most non Anarchy drafts he went around RB12. Robinson looking like a wise pick thus far. Average playoff potential here at best.

Higgins may have been a reach, as it might be unwise to expect the Bengals offense to have the same success this season. Other than the season Cooks got hurt, he was Top 25 in his 6 seasons as a starter. Who knows what to expect in SEA this year (certainly less production than with Wilson). Drafters shy away from situations with significant change and things that aren’t very clear, but 40 receivers in, Lockett was a proven commodity and an every down starter. He could still see 75-80 receptions.

The Titans went from the 1 seed in the AFC to seemingly people avoiding their players this year. Either Burks or Woods will end up as their #1 receiver, and at WR52 Burks seemed like a decent investment. The Chiefs look like they are rolling out a bunch of so-so receivers to try to make up for Hill moving on. JuJu, MVS, Hardman, and Moore all seem like guys in the mix (without anyone as a go to guy). Hardman ranked WR38 last year with Hill around . . . now he went as WR65. Any of the four could see a larger role than expected. Anderson has ranked 39, 42, 24, and 53 in his time in the league. Seemingly with a better QB, he should see a bit of a bounce back this season.

Ouch. Outside of Cooks who is always a great pick there's not much here to like. I acquired several shares of Higgins this year in best ball. Not as high on him here as this league doesn't play like a best ball. Anderson looks great this week, but the guy is a head case and I can see him being phased out. Playoffs....we talking playoffs....certainly not Cooks, Lockett, and Anderson.

I hesitated at taking Andrews. Sure, he scored 400+ points last year, but he averaged 8.2 ppg less with Lamar at QB. Not sure if that would be something that would push him down the TE rankings (probably not), but not something you want to hear about the #3 pick in the draft. Maybe a couple playoff games would make up the difference. Doug Pederson made Kelce and Ertz into TE royalty. If Engram can stay on the field, Engram should exceed his draft spot (potentially by a lot).

Noticed the same thing about Andrews and much like you I ignored it. You'll need this pick to come up big.

With the draft starting much later this year, we should all have known who the kickers were for all 32 teams. We were drafting past NFL cutdown day, so any camp kicking battles were settled. Sure, some teams might swap out their kicker if he bombs early, but a lot of the incentive and motivation to draft a kicker early dissipated. Maher is a bit of a risk, as the Cowboys aren’t paying him much. (Zuerlein finished 14th for DAL last year). The Jets are on the hook for almost $3M for Zuerlein, so it would take a lot to go wrong for him to get cut.

Very valid point here. Honestly I didn't want to bother researching the salary cap implications on lower tier Ks when I could take one early and just get a lesser unpredicted D or settle for Duvernet later as a flex.

I only took NE at that point because I had limited roster spots left and none of the remaining QB stood out to me. IMO, defenses are unpredictable and vary a lot from year to year. Like with TMQB, you are guaranteed X amount of points no matter what from your defenses, and a combination of any two should net 175-200 total points between them no matter what. NE and ARI could both eke out a playoff spot (not that that would necessarily add much scoring . . . the Pats produced 0.00 against BUF and ARI put up 1.00 against the Rams last year).

Overall, I think my team is ok. Like everyone else, I need my RB to stay healthy and hope my WR all do better than expected. I should be in the running, but I doubt I will have enough scoring in the playoffs and will likely fade down the stretch.

The same reason you took NE, I took Ks early.

The thing I like best about your team is all of your picks should post points weekly which will keep you in the running. I dislike your playoff potential. I could easily see you faltering in the post season.

Enjoyed you write-up and appreciate the tips. Thanks again for the huge amount of work you do on these leagues. They are really one of the highlights of my fantasy year.

I used to think this way but it got me a bunch of 3rd and 4th place finishes. I at least would want one QB with some playoff potential.

Too much draft capital in a low scoring position IMO. Steelers look like they may be OK so Harris could produce well for you here. Interesting how far Williams fell as most non Anarchy drafts he went around RB12. Robinson looking like a wise pick thus far. Average playoff potential here at best.

Ouch. Outside of Cooks who is always a great pick there's not much here to like. I acquired several shares of Higgins this year in best ball. Not as high on him here as this league doesn't play like a best ball. Anderson looks great this week, but the guy is a head case and I can see him being phased out. Playoffs....we talking playoffs....certainly not Cooks, Lockett, and Anderson.

Noticed the same thing about Andrews and much like you I ignored it. You'll need this pick to come up big.

Very valid point here. Honestly I didn't want to bother researching the salary cap implications on lower tier Ks when I could take one early and just get a lesser unpredicted D or settle for Duvernet later as a flex.

The thing I like best about your team is all of your picks should post points weekly which will keep you in the running. I dislike your playoff potential. I could easily see you faltering in the post season.

Enjoyed you write-up and appreciate the tips. Thanks again for the huge amount of work you do on these leagues. They are really one of the highlights of my fantasy year.
A lot depends on what happens in the rest of the draft. For example, by taking Andrews, that meant that 7 TMQB came off the board before my next pick. I would generally consider taking one of the top ones, but by that point I didn't have a lot of confidence that the ones left would be worth the investment. By pick 35, there were 10 TMQB off the board. Last year, there were TMQB taken 150-200 picks later than the top selections that scored within 75 points of the ones taken in the second round. My Texans QB pick at 283 last year outscored your Browns pick at 100 by 20+ points.

RB, while lower scoring, is still a conundrum. Taking fliers with late picks can get you close to no scoring. I am usually leery of hoping for an injury or two to get a player on the field. I generally look for guys that will see more touches than other guys still on the board . . . like Robinson. Last year, you only got 60 points out of McKinnon at pick 260 and a goose egg out of Xavier Jones at 285. In 2021, there were 19 RB taken 200 or later. Only 4 of them hit 100 points scoring on the season. Ten scored 50 points or less. By comparison, there were 22 WR taken 200+ picks in last year . . . 4 scored 200+ points, and 2 others got 150+ points.

Sure, I won't have Top 10 WR . . . but all of them (except Higgins) came at a discount and should earn back their draft position or better. That's essentially the name of the game in these leagues. Getting a buck and a quarter out of a dollar and 50 cents out of a nickel. In my own write up I mentioned I won't see many playoff points. But many times more playoff points won't push a player above other guys that only netted regular season numbers if that guy is only a role player. If i end up with 5 WR that all end up ranked 10+ spots higher, wouldn't that be considered a win, even if they don't make the playoffs?

A lot depends on what happens in the rest of the draft. For example, by taking Andrews, that meant that 7 TMQB came off the board before my next pick. I would generally consider taking one of the top ones, but by that point I didn't have a lot of confidence that the ones left would be worth the investment. By pick 35, there were 10 TMQB off the board. Last year, there were TMQB taken 150-200 picks later than the top selections that scored within 75 points of the ones taken in the second round. My Texans QB pick at 283 last year outscored your Browns pick at 100 by 20+ points.

RB, while lower scoring, is still a conundrum. Taking fliers with late picks can get you close to no scoring. I am usually leery of hoping for an injury or two to get a player on the field. I generally look for guys that will see more touches than other guys still on the board . . . like Robinson. Last year, you only got 60 points out of McKinnon at pick 260 and a goose egg out of Xavier Jones at 285. In 2021, there were 19 RB taken 200 or later. Only 4 of them hit 100 points scoring on the season. Ten scored 50 points or less. By comparison, there were 22 WR taken 200+ picks in last year . . . 4 scored 200+ points, and 2 others got 150+ points.

Sure, I won't have Top 10 WR . . . but all of them (except Higgins) came at a discount and should earn back their draft position or better. That's essentially the name of the game in these leagues. Getting a buck and a quarter out of a dollar and 50 cents out of a nickel. In my own write up I mentioned I won't see many playoff points. But many times more playoff points won't push a player above other guys that only netted regular season numbers if that guy is only a role player. If i end up with 5 WR that all end up ranked 10+ spots higher, wouldn't that be considered a win, even if they don't make the playoffs?

These leagues can easily dictate a direction you don't want to go.

Last year in this league the winner had Cinny and Buffalo QB. The Cinny QB finished 5th and was drafted as QB13 in the 5th. The next 8 picks were WRs28-35. Of those 8, only Boyd exceeded his draft position.

The runner-up rode the Niners and Colts. The Niners QB was taken in the 10th as QB24 and finished QB14. I think that was definitely worth the draft capital. That pick posted 100 points more than the bottom 6 QBs. To put that in perspective, RB39 scored 100 points last year. RB 39 went at the 9/10 turn this year. Basically SF QB and any RB drafted beat RB39+ and a bottom 6 QB.

Got run so I may pick up on more thoughts later.

These leagues can easily dictate a direction you don't want to go.

Last year in this league the winner had Cinny and Buffalo QB. The Cinny QB finished 5th and was drafted as QB13 in the 5th. The next 8 picks were WRs28-35. Of those 8, only Boyd exceeded his draft position.

The runner-up rode the Niners and Colts. The Niners QB was taken in the 10th as QB24 and finished QB14. I think that was definitely worth the draft capital. That pick posted 100 points more than the bottom 6 QBs. To put that in perspective, RB39 scored 100 points last year. RB 39 went at the 9/10 turn this year. Basically SF QB and any RB drafted beat RB39+ and a bottom 6 QB.

Got run so I may pick up on more thoughts later.
This example fits more to my narrative IMO. Freak hit on SF and IND with late picks (QB 24 and 30) but got mid-tier production from both squads. Yet he didn't have to invest a Top 50 like 11 other teams did on a QB. Even if Freak got lower scoring out of those picks, it still would have ended up ok, as he used more prium picks at other positions.

The median draft position last year for TMQB was pick 106 (half went above that, half went below that. Median scoring was 336 points. I took HOU with my last pick last yea rand netted 85% of the median scoring . . . at a point in the draft when all position players are basically total dice rolls.

I have been off the grid fantasy wise for awhile which is kinda weird for me.....in part cause I didn't reup with FBG so my league specific info from them takes a hit.... so my interest wanders....(Bass helping a little there tho, thank you brother).....just decided to roll with whatever....but man....after reading the last posts I kinda realized how as much as I think I take this stuff way too serious....some of you frickin guys are still diabolical....maybe worse than me....lol.....researching last years draft slot/performance stuff.....

by the time IBL drafts completed and these started, I was just shooting from the hip with my picks in the 3 anarchy's I am in....I'm toast...

love the chat/reviews so will post some comments this week.....love the competition here...:banned:

Users who are viewing this thread