What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

The season is upon us.

We have a hard road ahead of us. This is, in my opinion, the most stacked division in the history of the NFL. There are no easy games and it is hard to say any one or two teams is the clear favorite(s). Legitimately, all four teams can win this division. Legitimately, all three of the teams that don't win the division will likely be vying for a wild card.

I like this team. I am confident in this team. It has been 20 something years since I went into a season expecting good things to happen. 20 something years since believing that we are a playoff caliber team capable of winning the Superbowl.

I thankfully look to have been wrong about McDaniels. I am really excited to see his offensive mind putting to work the amount of talent we have in skill positions. I am excited to see Graham work a defensive scheme that will be more creative, flexible and dynamic than what we have had.... in..... ever?

I would put this team up against any team in the league.

Here are my three predictions for the season...

Carr will end the season top 5 in yards and in the MVP discussion.

Crosby will end the season top 5 in sacks.

I am not going to say we are going to win the division... it will be close with all teams in it to the end... but I do predict we will make the playoffs and be a force in the playoffs.

The season is upon us.

We have a hard road ahead of us. This is, in my opinion, the most stacked division in the history of the NFL. There are no easy games and it is hard to say any one or two teams is the clear favorite(s). Legitimately, all four teams can win this division. Legitimately, all three of the teams that don't win the division will likely be vying for a wild card.

I like this team. I am confident in this team. It has been 20 something years since I went into a season expecting good things to happen. 20 something years since believing that we are a playoff caliber team capable of winning the Superbowl.

I thankfully look to have been wrong about McDaniels. I am really excited to see his offensive mind putting to work the amount of talent we have in skill positions. I am excited to see Graham work a defensive scheme that will be more creative, flexible and dynamic than what we have had.... in..... ever?

I would put this team up against any team in the league.

Here are my three predictions for the season...

Carr will end the season top 5 in yards and in the MVP discussion.

Crosby will end the season top 5 in sacks.

I am not going to say we are going to win the division... it will be close with all teams in it to the end... but I do predict we will make the playoffs and be a force in the playoffs.
Personally I think the team(s) that come out of the AFC West this season will absolutely be the most game tested and should be the Super Bowl favorites.

I am excited to see Graham work a defensive scheme that will be more creative, flexible and dynamic than what we have had.... in..... ever?
I think this is the thing I am looking forward to most. So sick of being in the same base defense game in and game out and all game long giving teams the same looks constantly.

Keelan Cole to PS. Love that... adds great depth in case of injury. As long as it isn't Adams or Renfrow, you can call him up and not lose much at all as a group.

Another reason this is awesome is I strongly suspect Cole had offers to join other teams' Active Rosters, and yet still chose to stay with the Raiders as a PS player. If true, that speaks well of the coaches and the culture they've created in their short time in LV. This team may once again be a place where vets will play for lower dollars/status because they want to be here. It's been 20 yrs at least, since that has been the case.

Depth Chart updated

Offense​

Offense

Defense​

Defense

There was nothing surprising but things that caught my eye as interesting were....

Billings holds on against Hankins for 1st team.

Parham was held off by Simpson/Cotton to stay 2nd team.

Abdullah in the 3rd team slot above White.

Cle holding off Koonce for 2nd team.

Turner over T-Billy in depth.

We already knew this but how thin that OL grouping is in seeing it on the DC.

Keelan Cole to PS. Love that... adds great depth in case of injury. As long as it isn't Adams or Renfrow, you can call him up and not lose much at all as a group.

Another reason this is awesome is I strongly suspect Cole had offers to join other teams' Active Rosters, and yet still chose to stay with the Raiders as a PS player. If true, that speaks well of the coaches and the culture they've created in their short time in LV. This team may once again be a place where vets will play for lower dollars/status because they want to be here. It's been 20 yrs at least, since that has been the case.
You have to think so... I mean, I think Cole is better than a lot of teams tail end of their WR depth charts. The Bears as one example.

If he did choose to come back, that is huge. What is vet min for his vesting? What is PS pay? Add in not paying 4-8% in state income taxes... and then it prob isn't much of a difference and it is about choosing where you want to be.

With no new contract, will Jacobs stay the starter all year or will Zamir White eventually take over? Anything to see here with White? Worth trading for or stay away?

With no new contract, will Jacobs stay the starter all year or will Zamir White eventually take over? Anything to see here with White? Worth trading for or stay away?
I can't see a reason Jacobs contract impacts anything this season. Zamir should get more PT as the season goes on, but McDaniels offense is complicated, if he doesn't completely trust you, it's unlikely you'll see much, if any, PT.

I actually like the three starting linebackers this year for a change.
And they found what looks like very solid depth/developmental pieces at LB (and RB) in UDFA (and later rounds), like most of the good teams in this league do. It actually feels like the Raiders have a competent, modern regime for the first time that I can recall since becoming a fan in the 80s. I was/am a bit of a Grudock apologist, but so far McZ has been an obvious upgrade on so many levels. Let's hope that translates to the field sooner rather than later.

Agreed. I thought the same thing looking at the LB depth chart…”wait a minute! This actually looks like a really solid LB corps”. Been a looooong time since we’ve been able to say that. Fingers firmly crossed since they have to prove it on the field in the regular season. (btw, in my brain I’m kinda adding Abrams to that LB corps as a hybrid guy. I’m SUPER interested to see this defense play under Graham).

DROP THE PUCK!!!!

Last edited:
I actually like the three starting linebackers this year for a change.
And they found what looks like very solid depth/developmental pieces at LB (and RB) in UDFA (and later rounds), like most of the good teams in this league do. It actually feels like the Raiders have a competent, modern regime for the first time that I can recall since becoming a fan in the 80s. I was/am a bit of a Grudock apologist, but so far McZ has been an obvious upgrade on so many levels. Let's hope that translates to the field sooner rather than later.
Yes, both Masterson and Butler showed a lot of upside this offseason/preseason.

One fun little aside... My best friend from childhood, also a life long passionate Raiders fan, surname is Butler. My surname is Masters. I just sent him a message that are backup LB's are Darien BUTLER and Luke MASTERSon. If that isn't an omen that we win it all this year... I don't know what is!

Over on Twitter Raiders fans are complaining that its too quiet in the news cycle .
Im from New England originally and its very normal for that around the pats , coach Billy hates drama and keeps his players quiet. Im sure McDaniels learned that during his tenure .

The playbook, the concepts remain the same. Perhaps a bit more refined now than they were in 2001 when he began his NFL coaching career as a personnel assistant with the New England Patriots.
But Josh McDaniels has evolved, from prodigy to protégé to coordinator.
To Raiders head coach.

Over on Twitter Raiders fans are complaining that its too quiet in the news cycle .
Im from New England originally and its very normal for that around the pats , coach Billy hates drama and keeps his players quiet. Im sure McDaniels learned that during his tenure .

The playbook, the concepts remain the same. Perhaps a bit more refined now than they were in 2001 when he began his NFL coaching career as a personnel assistant with the New England Patriots.
But Josh McDaniels has evolved, from prodigy to protégé to coordinator.
To Raiders head coach.

Agree entirely. I think Depeche Mode said it best: “Enjoy the silence”.

No drama this year, pretty please.

Jamie Collins visiting.

I've always been a fan, he's a unusual talent. At this point, I think he would be a early downs inside backer, and sub pass rusher. And he provides more coverage than most run defenders.
McD knows him well, I hope this happens
I think Graham does as well.

I think he would be a great situational addition to the D.

Fine with Collins in theory but who gets cut to sign him?

Excited to see what Graham can scheme up; but still feel the defense is pretty thin on most levels.

Only the Browns ($37.9M) have more cap space than the Raiders ($16.17M).

There is a glaringly obvious area in which the Raiders could stand to spend some money — the offensive line.

Not only is it the weakest unit on the team, the Raiders spend less money on it than 30 other teams. Yes, they spend the second least amount on the offensive line in the league.

One benefit to waiting until after the season opener to spend that money is contract are no longer guaranteed after that. So, they can feel more comfortable taking a player they deem to be a risk.

Only the Browns ($37.9M) have more cap space than the Raiders ($16.17M).

There is a glaringly obvious area in which the Raiders could stand to spend some money — the offensive line.

Not only is it the weakest unit on the team, the Raiders spend less money on it than 30 other teams. Yes, they spend the second least amount on the offensive line in the league.

One benefit to waiting until after the season opener to spend that money is contract are no longer guaranteed after that. So, they can feel more comfortable taking a player they deem to be a risk.

It's not just the money at this point, it's the draft capital/player(s) Cost of acquisition.

Who's available, how much will they cost and how quickly can they get up to speed in McDaniels complex timing offense?

McZ strike me as preferring to accumulate draft picks rather than give them away, but I could be wrong about that.

Who's available, how much will they cost and how quickly can they get up to speed in McDaniels complex timing offense?
Duane Brown was signed by the Jets to replace Becton. Well, he's injured as well now, and probably going on IR.
Jason Peters is 40 years old, Dallas cannot be excited to sign him.
I dunno who these RT out there that are worth it.

Duane Brown was signed by the Jets to replace Becton. Well, he's injured as well now, and probably going on IR.
Jason Peters is 40 years old, Dallas cannot be excited to sign him.
I dunno who these RT out there that are worth it.
The Raiders better be prepared to find someone or two if things go badly this weekend. The O line is not good and needs addressed. LV needs to try to improve it. Failing is better than standing there and doing nothing.

The Raiders better be prepared to find someone or two if things go badly this weekend. The O line is not good and needs addressed. LV needs to try to improve it. Failing is better than standing there and doing nothing.
If only they had a super young former early pick on their roster they could potentially coach up to get his play to match his physical talent...

But hey they do have 11 DL so maybe they can convert one of them.

Raiders signed TE Darren Waller to a three-year, $51 million contract extension.​

Waller had two years remaining on his current deal. His new extension adds more guaranteed money and three years of team control. The $66.25 million total value puts Waller's average base salary at $13.3 million, placing him just outside the top-5 at the position. Coming off injuries and not in a contract year, this is a player-friendly deal and a win for Waller after the Raiders showed no interest in extending him this offseason. Waller is now tied to the Raiders through his age-34 season.

just got tickets to the home opener. :pickle: front row 2nd level. perhaps i'll make the broadcast on the season opener, 2 years in a row.
I booked flights for the Patriots in December. My first trip. 🏈
Haven't gotten tix yet
wait. be patient prices will drop. if you want to spend 500/seat. i have a friend that has sweet club seats. sat in them last year form the real home opener. made it on tv

What is the best site to get tickets? I just booked my flight for the Texans game and don’t have tickets yet. Should I wait or just lock them in now?

What is the best site to get tickets? I just booked my flight for the Texans game and don’t have tickets yet. Should I wait or just lock them in now?
wait. it's painful, but wait. game day or the day before will net you the best price. you just have to have the stones to wait.

i got row 1, 200 level tickets to todays game (i just got home from work and keep typing tomorrow's game :lmao: ) non club, for $233. i bought them today (saturday) there were plenty of 500 level seats going for more. i monitored all of the sites and found ticket master, oddly, to have the best prices. have fun!!! and if you want to spend a grip, i have a personal friend that has sick *** club seats available.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll hold off on buying. The Texans game shouldn’t be the hardest to get last minute tickets to anyway. Club seats sound awesome but I’ll pass. Enjoy the game today man, it is gonna be a good one ... 34-27 Raiders!

just got tickets to the home opener. :pickle: front row 2nd level. perhaps i'll make the broadcast on the season opener, 2 years in a row.
Staying at Excalibur right?
by home opener, i mean today. in LA. i will text or call you, just to make sure that fire is lit!!!!!!
I don't care about the details, I am trying to make a joke here.

I will be trying to watch the game on my phone. Daughter has a bball game so will be on the road at kickoff on the way.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll hold off on buying. The Texans game shouldn’t be the hardest to get last minute tickets to anyway. Club seats sound awesome but I’ll pass. Enjoy the game today man, it is gonna be a good one ... 34-27 Raiders!
I got 2nd row on about 40 last year for the Dolphin game at about $300 last year.

My daughter had a basketball game... few things take priority over the Raiders but family is one. Plus, I couldn't find a stream that worked as I could have watched the first few minutes of the game. Looking at the box score... the first things that jump out at me....

Pressure from Crosby/Jones seemed to not exist. No sacks and no INT's are going to be hard to win games with.

Carr with 3 INT's. Carr didn't play a single minute in pre-season. I wonder if it was rust or...

7 sacks is too much. It was no question that the Oline is our weak point. The Chargers with Bosa and Mack have the firepower to attack it.

I really expected to see more diversity in the carriers but Jacobs looks to be have been the man. I wonder if giving him more carriers would have helped since he had 5.7 average. I mean... keep feeding him and keep the pass rush guessing.

Then again, I didn't see the game. Hoping to catch a replay.

My initial thoughts:

Adams is awesome and is always open.
Hobbs is very good.
Defense was ok and made some stops when they had to, but......
No sacks, no turnovers......again.
Carr was not good today and his pocket awareness was bad especially in the fourth quarter.

Hoping for better next week.

Users who are viewing this thread