What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Year End Song Draft - Round 20 Today (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice

Footballguy
Playist:
Youtube - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5NnrcY519DgX0vAV3et90zF4R3KdpE5Q

Mid Year Playlist:
Draft Schedule (all days with two picks are one in AM, one in PM):
Round 1 - Monday January 9 (anytime)
Round 2/3 - Jan 10
Round 4/5 - Jan 11
Round 6/7 - Jan 12
Round 8/9 - Jan 13
Round 10 - Jan 14
Round 11 - Jan 15
Round 12/13 - Jan 16
Round 14/15 - Jan 17
Round 16/17 - Jan 18
Round 18/19 - Jan 19
Round 20 - Jan 20

Last edited:
I'm probabaly missing people still, feel free to hit them with the @. I went through the past couple year end drafts and the 2022 thread, I know there are some draft regulars I haven't shouted out yet but I don't think they usually do the year end/new music ones.

Also, while you're here:

2022 Year End Poll

2023 New Music Thread

sure, if it happens. My list is a little shorter this year than the last few but I can cobble something together.

In. Had a slow start to the year so I skipped the mid-year but now I think I should be able to contribute at least a dozen songs that I really enjoyed from 2022.
J

In. Would this be for the whole year or only the second half?
Full year, a lot of people try not to repeat picks from the first draft but anything released this year is fair game.

I know I sometimes find songs from other year end lists that I missed from early in the year.

Here's the playlist from the mid-year draft

Full year, a lot of people try not to repeat picks from the first draft but anything released this year is fair game.

I know I sometimes find songs from other year end lists that I missed from early in the year.

Just skimmed through that and was reminded I picked Hotel Lobby. RIP Takeoff. Can't believe he was killed.

Appreciate the invite, but I didn’t listen to a ton of new music in 2022, so not sure I’d be a good participant here, unless you wanna a lotta Porcupine Tree, Death Cab, Arcade Fire, The Smile and Taylor Swift.

Well damn. Maybe I don't have as many songs as I thought. That playlist already includes 90% of the songs I'd select.
J

I'll give it a go.

I didn't listen to nearly as much new music in the 2nd half of the year so I doubt I can get to 20 songs but should be able scrape together at least 10.

Hey guys... I've been pretty busy. would love to throw my hat in... but will have to be in a catch-up mode- don't rely on me for timely picks.

funny too- I was just listening to my 2022 playlist... really small. more a factor of not having the time to really dive into things on my end. but there have been some great tunes- so hoping to throw them up there (if I didn't already do it in a mid-year version of this... and I'm guessing I may have)

could somebody post the mid-year draft if there was one... genuinely interested to see if and what I posted in it.

could somebody post the mid-year draft if there was one... genuinely interested to see if and what I posted in it.

Round 1 Black Midi -- Dangerous Liaisons

Black Midi’s Hellfire is my album of the year. Time will tell but I suspect it will remain on the short list of my all-time greats. Fitting the album title, there are themes of evil and death and stuff but they do it in such a fun way. It’s not meant to be taken totally seriously.

The song I’ll pick for you is Dangerous Liaisons. It’s not my favorite on the album (although still excellent) but I think it’s a good introduction to the album for those who are unfamiliar. It’s about a man who is tricked into killing another man. I highly encourage you to follow along with the lyrics. Doing so will help you understand why they are playing their instruments the way they are.

Spotify link Youtube link

SCS Rd 1: Mondo Cozmo - Electrify My Love

It's rare that I fall in love with a song upon it's first listen, but that's the case with this one. First listen to the first song off their latest album and I was hooked. My music service indicates this was my most played song from 2022 so it's gotta be my first pick.

"Good evening everyone, I hope this finds you well..."

J
I favored "Good Morning America" but the whole collection of mp3s is pretty damn good.

:blackdot:

The first track "Down with the Ship" has me in a listening mood. Pure ska influence. Like eighties two-tone with Rivers at the helm.

SCS Rd 2: Maggie Rogers - That's Where I Am

I'd categorize this song as my #1 ear worm of the year. Don't know what it is about it, but for months now I often find myself humming/singing this song in my head when there's nothing else playing. It seems perpetually stuck in my head and I'm ok with that. I don't envision ever growing tired of this song. Another that will always remind me of 2022.

J
SCS Rd 1: Mondo Cozmo - Electrify My Love

Users who are viewing this thread