What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: “this team is really good” a terrified Minnesota fan mumbles to himself (14 Viewers)

Jeez after that whole big Sixers push to not get the play in, here we are. Really wanted the bucks r1
Could have won one more game anywhere by the backups. Couldn't get it done. 2 losses to the Nets and 2 to the Hawks come to mind.

The Heat, Warriors, Lakers, Suns, Bucks, Magic, Nuggets, TWolves, Kings etc are all saying the same thing.
I’d be surprised if anyone of those teams lost more games to terrible teams than the Kings did this year.

Jeez after that whole big Sixers push to not get the play in, here we are. Really wanted the bucks r1
Could have won one more game anywhere by the backups. Couldn't get it done. 2 losses to the Nets and 2 to the Hawks come to mind.

The Heat, Warriors, Lakers, Suns, Bucks, Magic, Nuggets, TWolves, Kings etc are all saying the same thing.
I’d be surprised if anyone of those teams lost more games to terrible teams than the Kings did this year.
According to the standings I am looking at, after today, Sacramento was 18-4 against teams with fewer than 35 wins.

Edit: Milwaukee lost 8 and the suns lost 7 and the heat lost 6

Playoffs set. LFG.

WEST:
PI: Pelicans over Lakers. Warriors over Lakers.

Thunder over Warriors in 6
Nuggets over Pelicans in 5
Suns over T-Wolves in 7
Clippers over Mavericks in 7

Nuggets over Suns in 5
Clippers over Thunder in 7

Nuggets over Clippers in 6

EAST:
PI: Sixers over Heat. Heat over Bulls.

Celtics over Heat in 5
76ers over Knicks in 7
Bucks over Pacers in 7
Cavs over Magic in 5

Celtics over Cavs in 5
76ers over Bucks in 5

76ers over Celtics in 7

NBA Finals
Nuggets over 76ers in 6

Playoffs set. LFG.

WEST:

Suns over T-Wolves in 7

Nuggets over Suns in 5

EAST:

Celtics over Heat in 5
76ers over Knicks in 7
Bucks over Pacers in 7
Cavs over Magic in 5

Celtics over Cavs in 5
76ers over Bucks in 5

76ers over Celtics in 7

NBA Finals
Nuggets over 76ers in 6
Bad posting.

Playoffs set. LFG.

WEST:

Suns over T-Wolves in 7

Nuggets over Suns in 5

EAST:

Celtics over Heat in 5
76ers over Knicks in 7
Bucks over Pacers in 7
Cavs over Magic in 5

Celtics over Cavs in 5
76ers over Bucks in 5

76ers over Celtics in 7

NBA Finals
Nuggets over 76ers in 6
Bad posting.

Yep. Pacers are going to take out the Bucks.

Playoffs set. LFG.

WEST:

Suns over T-Wolves in 7

Nuggets over Suns in 5

EAST:

Celtics over Heat in 5
76ers over Knicks in 7
Bucks over Pacers in 7
Cavs over Magic in 5

Celtics over Cavs in 5
76ers over Bucks in 5

76ers over Celtics in 7

NBA Finals
Nuggets over 76ers in 6
Bad posting.

Yep. Pacers are going to take out the Bucks.
Quite possibly. Had bucks in 7 and then losing the next round.

Either way, I'm not sure we've seen better FIRST round matchups in quite some time. Lots of these series' could easily go 6 or 7 games which didn't seem like was as common in the past.

Honest opinion on the playoffs:

East
7 seed game - 76ers over Heat
9/10 game - Hawks over Bulls
8 seed game - Heat over Hawks

1 vs 8 - Celtics over Heat in 6
2 vs 7 - Knicks over 76ers in 7
3 vs 6 - Bucks over Pacers in 6
4 vs 5 - Cavs over Magic in 7

Celtics over Cavs in 5
Bucks over Knicks in 6

Celtics over Bucks in 5

West
7 seed game - Lakers over Pelicans
9/10 game - Kings over Warriors
8 seed game - Pelicans over Kings

1 vs 8 - Thunder over Pelicans in 5
2 vs 7 - Nuggets over Lakers in 6
3 vs 6 - Timberwolves over Suns in 6
4 vs 5 - Mavericks over Clippers in 7

Mavericks over Thunder in 7
Nuggets over Timberwolves in 6

Nuggets over Mavericks in 6

Championship
Nuggets over Celtics in 7

Last edited:
Let’s be honest, the only reason I even know that the WNBA draft is tomorrow night is because of Caitlyn Clark. But it’s pretty crazy that their draft is just one week after the end of the women’s NCAA tournament.

Let’s be honest, the only reason I even know that the WNBA draft is tomorrow night is because of Caitlyn Clark. But it’s pretty crazy that their draft is just one week after the end of the women’s NCAA tournament.
It has to be around this time due to the timing of their season. I think it helps the scouting departments that the players have longer careers in college than in the men’s game.

East

Celtics over Cavs in 5
Bucks over Knicks in 6

Celtics over Bucks in 5

West

Championship
At first glance this hews super close to my thoughts too.

East

Celtics over Cavs in 5
Bucks over Knicks in 6

Celtics over Bucks in 5

West

Championship
east is interesting. i am not really scared of the 4-5 teams, but the 6-7-8 spook me. problem with being the 4-5 is the celts in round 2. as a nyk fan, i think i prefer the heat over the 76ers, embiid scares me to death. just noticed he is already 30 yrs old as a side note. i don’t think the heat have a rim protector and i don’t think they have a PG that will give brunson problems. the nyk have problems with athletic PGs and halliburton would have been an issue. i think indiana beats milwaukee. i am rooting for this since i think the nba still reseeds, but i am not sure. but if indiana can win and the nyk can survive, they’d get the cav v magic winner. i don’t know the west enough…..but i know somehow durant and harden teams will do something to disappoint.

Hornets knocking off the Cavs would really be a disaster for both sides
wasn't paying attention to this closely enough as i was locked in on Sixers and Magic-Bucks, but Cleveland was actively tanking the 4th quarter in order to get an easier matchup in the first round. They closed the game with Emoni Bates and 4 centers. I guess I get it considering that they haven't won a series in a long time, but I really had not expected that, nor did I think that was any way that Charlotte would/could win.

I'm not certain the Nuggets are better than last year.

The starting five is marginally better with MPJ taking a step forward.

Last year's bench was solid, but this year it's a huge wild card.

Reggie Jackson flat out scares me, while P-Wat and Christian Braun have shown flashes but have been wildly inconsistent offensively.

East

Celtics over Cavs in 5
Bucks over Knicks in 6

Celtics over Bucks in 5

West

Championship
east is interesting. i am not really scared of the 4-5 teams, but the 6-7-8 spook me. problem with being the 4-5 is the celts in round 2.
How long until the NBA allows the #1 - #3 seeds to pick their playoff opponent? It's time.

Hornets knocking off the Cavs would really be a disaster for both sides
wasn't paying attention to this closely enough as i was locked in on Sixers and Magic-Bucks, but Cleveland was actively tanking the 4th quarter in order to get an easier matchup in the first round. They closed the game with Emoni Bates and 4 centers. I guess I get it considering that they haven't won a series in a long time, but I really had not expected that, nor did I think that was any way that Charlotte would/could win.
The Ringer listed "nepotism" as a winner from yesterday. They noted Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Pete Nance, and Isaiah Mobley went a combined minus-30 on Sunday. 😄

4 year/$70 million is a LOT of Grayson Allen. Though I suppose most of that is under the new TV contract, so perhaps not such a big deal.
That's low end starter money and he's definitely played to that level and beyond this year. It's costing them a ton in extra luxury tax but when you have a team that escaped the play-in by virtue of a tiebreaker, you have to keep that group together and money is no object I guess.

According to the standings I am looking at, after today, Sacramento was 18-4 against teams with fewer than 35 wins.

Edit: Milwaukee lost 8 and the suns lost 7 and the heat lost 6
I didn't go back and do the math on the entire schedule, but Sacramento lost games to Washington, Detroit, Charlotte, and Portland. I guess those games just stuck out more for understandable reasons.

4 year/$70 million is a LOT of Grayson Allen. Though I suppose most of that is under the new TV contract, so perhaps not such a big deal.
That's low end starter money and he's definitely played to that level and beyond this year. It's costing them a ton in extra luxury tax but when you have a team that escaped the play-in by virtue of a tiebreaker, you have to keep that group together and money is no object I guess.
They also need tradable contracts going forward - they probably won't be able to aggregate contracts going forward, so having somebody that is a mid-sized contract is something they really needed.

Regardless, if he can hit 46% of his threes and not be a total sieve on defense (we'll see how the playoffs go), he's worth it, even if he is more of an 82 game player than a 16 game player.

Bucks could win the championship, or they could lose to Indiana in 5 games. Neither would surprise me.
Them winning a championship would be more surprising actually
According to FanDuel, the Bucks are -172 to win the series and +1400 to win the title. So, bold proclamation there, Moops.
The Bucks haven't been playing that well, the Pacers aren't a great matchup, and Giannis' health could be a real issue. Shams tweeted earlier today that his status for Game 1 is up in the air. In the 9 matchups they've had with the Pacers the past two seasons, IND has scored an average of 130 ppg. With Giannis coming back from a leg injury, not really sure MIL would want to get in a track meet every game.

The Pacers went 4-1 against the Bucks . . . even with Giannis averaging over 42 ppg. Yesterday, the line I saw was MIL -350 / IND +265. I would expect that the Pacers will continue to get more consideration the closer we get to the series starting. Hard to tell what to expect, but if Giannis misses some games or isn't right, I can easily see the Pacers winning the series.

If they set the over under at 1500 total points for the Bucks and Pacers series I would take the over.

So each game will be a 95 to 90 crapshow.

Bucks could win the championship, or they could lose to Indiana in 5 games. Neither would surprise me.
According to FanDuel, the Bucks are -172 to win the series and +1400 to win the title. So, bold proclamation there, Moops.
New here? @moops is our resident fact checker/captain obvious.
:shrug:

Just commenting that I could see Bucks losing in 5 more realistically than them winning a championship

Just commenting that I could see Bucks losing in 5 more realistically than them winning a championship
Sure you are, good buddy. Sure you are. 😉

Giannis isn't trending in the right direction for game 1 either.

Users who are viewing this thread