What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: “this team is really good” a terrified Minnesota fan mumbles to himself (50 Viewers)

Yea Bron and AD were awesome and the Lakers still have no chance. Supporting cast sucks.

I really hope Bron spends his last few years on a legit contender. I don’t know the cap situations but going to a place like the Knicks would be awesome. I assume he just wants to stay in LA.
The irony of it all is that he pushed management to do all the dumb **** that ruined the roster. Pull a KD and come to Denver.

Yea Bron and AD were awesome and the Lakers still have no chance. Supporting cast sucks.

I really hope Bron spends his last few years on a legit contender. I don’t know the cap situations but going to a place like the Knicks would be awesome. I assume he just wants to stay in LA.
The irony of it all is that he pushed management to do all the dumb **** that ruined the roster. Pull a KD and come to Denver.
Just think if they had KCP and Caruso instead of Russell. Among all the other moves.

He's tried to do this at each of his stops. LA repeated the mistakes of Cleveland rd 1

He made his bed and can lie in it.

He's tried to do this at each of his stops. LA repeated the mistakes of Cleveland rd 1
In his first stop in Cle, I blame management 100% for how bad that team was. Otherwise, Management is in a tough spot - have LeBron dictating some of the personnel decisions was always worth have LeBron the player. In LA specifically, he probably isn't much worse at team management than the rest of the Lakers management.

Just think if they had KCP and Caruso instead of Russell. Among all the other moves.
Caruso is one of those dumb moves that seemingly had nothing to do with Lebron. That was strictly a money move for one of the most profitable franchises in all of professional sports.

Lebron the GM has often been at odds with Lebron the player.

He made his bed and can lie in it.
Lol he doesn’t have to lay in it. He’s a free agent in 8 weeks. He can do what he wants.

Furthering my re-engineered standings for games with only playoff teams vs.playoff teams, here were the regular season scoring differentials. As expected, things look way different when the 30 point blowouts against bottom feeders are eliminated. Also, the bandwidth is pretty tight for teams in the middle here. I couldn't figure out a way to get net ratings, so point differential will have to do.

BOS +6.7
MIN +3.4
OKC +3.3
DEN +1.9
MIL +1.5
PHO +0.6
IND +0.2
LAL -0.6
LAC -0.9
NYK -0.9
PHI -1.5
NOP -2.0
ORL -2.4
MIA -2.4
CLE -2.8
DAL -4.5

Furthering my re-engineered standings for games with only playoff teams vs.playoff teams, here were the regular season scoring differentials. As expected, things look way different when the 30 point blowouts against bottom feeders are eliminated. Also, the bandwidth is pretty tight for teams in the middle here. I couldn't figure out a way to get net ratings, so point differential will have to do.

BOS +6.7
MIN +3.4
OKC +3.3
DEN +1.9
MIL +1.5
PHO +0.6
IND +0.2
LAL -0.6
LAC -0.9
NYK -0.9
PHI -1.5
NOP -2.0
ORL -2.4
MIA -2.4
CLE -2.8
DAL -4.5
The average NBA pace is 98.5 and everybody is between 102.7 and 95.2, so it's close enough.

MIA +14 today...
Hmmmmm

-I know Butler is out but sometimes others can fill the void and at least keep it closer than 2 touchdowns.
Bos 112...Mia 99, that works

I'm really enjoying the Mike Breen, Doris & JJ commentary team.

This is a great trio and glad they will be working the Finals.

I'm really enjoying the Mike Breen, Doris & JJ commentary team.

This is a great trio and glad they will be working the Finals.
I think JJ is my favorite NBA personality going and it might not be close. He has a unique combination of eloquence, understanding, access (well liked former NBAer), and platform (ESPN). Plus, he seems like a dude that watches a **** ton of basketball.

Him, Zach Lowe, Nate Duncan (who I know is unliked by some), and Kevin Pelton seem to deliver the most informed and thoughtful takes and show very little coastal bias.

I see it's time for Kawhi's annual Playoff Vacation while his team gets their *** booted from the 1st round.

He is such a fascinating player. He is so good when healthy and would be a top 5 player in the league if he could play 70 + games a year.

I am not sure if he is soft and can't play through injuries, if his falling out with the Spurrs caused him to lose all trust in medical staffs that if he doesn't feel 100 percent then he ain't playing or if he had a legit career shortening injury with the Spurs and now he is just managing his career to make as much money as possible.

I see it's time for Kawhi's annual Playoff Vacation while his team gets their *** booted from the 1st round.

He is such a fascinating player. He is so good when healthy and would be a top 5 player in the league if he could play 70 + games a year.

I am not sure if he is soft and can't play through injuries, if his falling out with the Spurrs caused him to lose all trust in medical staffs that if he doesn't feel 100 percent then he ain't playing or if he had a legit career shortening injury with the Spurs and now he is just managing his career to make as much money as possible.
I suspect it's a combination of all of the above. He might also be one of those types of guys that doesn't really love basketball and he's not willing to risk his post-NBA health on a job.

I suspect it's a combination of all of the above. He might also be one of those types of guys that doesn't really love basketball and he's not willing to risk his post-NBA health on a job.

I am kind of with you on this. It is so odd that all his injuries seem to be knee related. Not ankle. I would love to find out what actually happened with him and the Spurs.

I am kind of with you on this. It is so odd that all his injuries seem to be knee related. Not ankle. I would love to find out what actually happened with him and the Spurs.
So would the Spurs.

So would the Spurs.

They know, they just aren't saying anything. Same with Kawhi

Looks like that +14 ain't gonna hold up

massacre-ish
I wouldn't give up on the combination of Celtic's malaise and Spoelstra getting his team to play hard just yet. Boston will still win, but they will probably be sleepwalking through the 4th.
LOL

Here it comes
See.

I know this team. When they shoot great for 3 quarters, they get real lazy and the Heat are just the team to take advantage of it.

So would the Spurs.

Oh I didn't know you were there. Carry on.

So would the Spurs.

Oh I didn't know you were there. Carry on.

No, I am just not arrogant enough to think I have all the answers or believe that one side is completely innocent in the matter without proof.

Looks like Illinois UConn. Even if you account for the ridiculous Harden foul baiting (somehow the only playoff game that crap has been called) it's still a 20 point game lol.

Beat off the dribble. Turning it over. Beat on the glass. Beat on intensity. Beat on running actual offensive motion.

Let's see the second half I guess but this is embarrassing.

We've reached the point in the game where if both teams shot the same % from three as their season averages, Dallas would be up. We'll see how long the 4th quarter run lasts. Either it keeps up for the next 3-4 minutes and this is an awesome game, or I think it stops coming ATO and that's it.

Paul George with some outstanding shot making. Even with the extra curriculars here I think this one's over from that little spurt. Would take a lot of crazy stuff now to turn it.

Other than the Knicks and 76ers these games have been very anticlimactic. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

Yep even for the seemingly evenly matched series'. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the teams who got blown out end up stomping their opponents in G2. Welcome to the bipolar NBA.

Users who are viewing this thread