What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Buffalo Bills (5 Viewers)

Anyone have an updated scenario to get the Bills in? Win and in obviously. But what do we need if we lose?
Steelers might get a ravens team resting starters. Texans Colts winner is in, right?
Any of these get the Bills in:
Bills win
Steelers lose
Jags lose
Hou-Indy tie
That WC window is way too narrow for my liking. This is going to be a tense week.

Also, I know we've been playing to the level of our opponents recently -- looking good against strong teams and then the last two weeks -- but I'm really not filled with confidence about our offense's ability to keep up with Miami right now. I don't know what the deal with Diggs is, but we're going to need him next week. Davis too.

Last edited:
Anyone have an updated scenario to get the Bills in? Win and in obviously. But what do we need if we lose?
Steelers might get a ravens team resting starters. Texans Colts winner is in, right?
Any of these get the Bills in:
Bills win
Steelers lose
Jags lose
Hou-Indy tie
Are we rooting for Houston or Indy? Does it matter?
As far as I understand they both have tie breaker over Buffalo if they end 10-7. So we need a tie to put them both at 9-7-1.

Or a Jags loss to keep them at 9-8 and the other winner of Hou/Indy gets the division.

Easier. The Bills have only a 5% chance of not making the playoffs per the NYT calculator. A loss at MIA, a Steelers win at BAL, and a JAX win at TEN. I'm not sure how they got 5%, but it is probably based on a 1 in 4 chance PIT would win at BAL. Now that the game is meaningless to BAL, PIT has a better chance of winning.

Defense has come on strong down the stretch and it was nice to see Brady commit to run the ball with cook and Allen and incorporate James cook into the passing game.

But the offense rarely seems in rythym. Diggs is Mia, gabe Davis is so inconsistent, Kincaid has really cooled off. I read Allen has 29 completions in the past 3 weeks, the passing game just looks bad.

It looked like they might be getting hot at the right time and transition to more complimentary football with a balanced attack but the wheels have just come off the passing game. I don’t know what the issue is.

I don’t see the bills as serious Super Bowl contenders

Grasping at straws here but a few reasons for Baltimore to not mail it in week 18.

Division rival
At home
Stand alone nationally televised game
Playoff bye so might not want to take foot off the gas and have two weeks “off”

As expected, prime time matchup for the division.

Grasping at straws here but a few reasons for Baltimore to not mail it in week 18.

Division rival
At home

Counter arguments. Lamar could get hurt so he doesn't play the entire game. He was sacked 4 times in their earlier game. I doubt if Hill and Edwards play in the 2nd half for the same reason. Ditto for OBJ and others on defense. They saw what happened to Chubb today.

In 2019 in similar situation the Ravens sat Lamar and several others.

It was still a home win against Pit 28-10

But after a week off they lost as the one seed to the Titans 28-12. I wonder if that makes their coach more likely or not to try a different approach this time around as the #1?

Anyway, if the Bills win it doesn’t matter. Just need a get right game for Allen against Miami.

Division rival
At home

And hey, sometimes backups play better than you'd expect. They're fresh, and this is their one chance to put some film out there. Not optimistic, but still.

Division rival
At home

And hey, sometimes backups play better than you'd expect. They're fresh, and this is their one chance to put some film out there. Not optimistic, but still.
It'll be interesting to see how the Ravens play this.

Some fans are already bringing up 2019, when they rested the last week, then laid an egg in their first playoff game.

My personal preference is that they rest as many as they can and have most of the others on a preseason snap count. I'd lock Lamar Jackson up in one of Steve Bisciotti's penthouses and not let him anywhere near M&T.

I’m sure Bills fans can remember when the Drew Bledsoe led Bills needed to beat the Steelers in the last game of the season to make the playoffs. Steelers had already locked up their spot and played all their backups. Buffalo lost.

But really, if Buffalo can’t beat Miami next week, then they don’t belong in the playoffs anyway. The offense needs to get going and they need to be able to beat good teams from here on out.

Bills are up to 3 point favorites in Miami. No Chubb, maybe no X, not that it's mattered through 3 defensive coaches, Flores, Boyer, or Fangio, Josh Allen owns the Miami defense. Miami fans are pessimistic about the Fangio defense, and that the offense can keep up. Miami will need a great game from Tua and the running game. Waddle will likely be out.

Bernard and Ed Oliver have been carrying the beaten-and-battered defense all season. Seriously impressive seasons from both of them. Imagine if Bernard was playing like this alongside Milano all season.
Agreed. And/or if DaQuan had been healthy all season.

The defense is really rounding into shape with DaQuan back. They’re healthy and hitting their stride at the right time.

Now Josh just has to get right and the receivers need to start using more stickum and they’ll be good to go.

I'm not sure Fumble Recoveries, or Interceptions, or even Sacks are the best way to measure a MLB.

That said, I was pretty clearly not a fan of Edmunds. However, I wasn't overly confident in their replacement plan. Bernard has been a significant upgrade, though. Awesome move by the staff.
I don’t disagree on the stats. Though he is also 12th in the league in tackles, so he’s doing a pretty good job of filling up the stat sheet in general.

The addition of Douglas has been huge for this D. I wasn’t a huge fan of that trade at first. I liked the player, but thought a 3rd was a bit too much. Boy, I was wrong.

If Josh Allen has 2 rushing TDs Sunday, he'll break the Bills single season rushing TD record, held by OJ Simpson in 1975.

Allen's stats in 11 career games against Miami:

3,004 passing yards 31-5 TD/INT
571 rushing yards 5 TDs
9-2 record

If Josh Allen has 2 rushing TDs Sunday, he'll break the Bills single season rushing TD record, held by OJ Simpson in 1975.

Allen's stats in 11 career games against Miami:

3,004 passing yards 31-5 TD/INT
571 rushing yards 5 TDs
9-2 record
Two plays away from 11-0.

I truly love how much Bills fans are taking over Miami. It’s incredible to see.
That’s gotta bother the players.
This happens every year in late season games when good teams from up north play in Miami. Maybe it's even more pronounced with the Bills rising up from the dead in a must-win game. Game time temp in Miami is 71 versus about 31 in Buffalo. Many bought tickets when the schedule came out, some Miami fans have recently sold tickets at a big profit. I would've. They're taking over FLL not Miami or Miami Beach from what I've seen.

Rooting hard for the Titans today who look like they are willing to give the Jags everything they can handle. Would be awesome to go into tonight’s game having a playoff spot wrapped up and just playing for the AFC East.

No offense to either team, but I do not mind hosting a TJ Watt-less Steelers, and I do not think Miami can beat us twice back-to-back. This is a pretty good situation TBH.

No offense to either team, but I do not mind hosting a TJ Watt-less Steelers, and I do not think Miami can beat us twice back-to-back. This is a pretty good situation TBH.
Steelers in Buffalo would be great though.
Plus not having to play in Baltimore until AFC Championship a plus.

What a wild game. What a wild season.

Need all these injured guys to hit the ice baths and hyperbaric chambers hard now and get healthy for the Steelers. And for James Cook to graft gecko skin onto his hands.

Grove diesel horrible take in the game thread

You said “josh Allen is just so unclutch in big games”

Do you have any data to back up that claim

Grove diesel horrible take in the game thread

You said “josh Allen is just so unclutch in big games”

Do you have any data to back up that claim
It’s happened repeatedly where he makes terrible decisions in big games. He’s won some too, but outside of the Chiefs playoff game where he played an unbelievable game and they still lost, he has made some really bad plays trying to do too much in the rest of their playoff losses.

He pulled it together tonight, but they also never would have been in that hole if he hadn’t dug it. The defense playing lights out even through injuries is really why they won tonight.

But all that matters is they did win and if Josh can keep from melting down and shooting them in the foot for 4 more games and give them Good Josh, they can win a Super Bowl. But Bad Josh in the playoffs is going to mean going home.

Cook needs to catch the damn ball. A whole different vibe to that second half if he reels that in.

The offense looked better with Gabe out.

The Bills can win with Allen making mistakes. Unchartered territory…

Cook needs to catch the damn ball. A whole different vibe to that second half if he reels that in.

The offense looked better with Gabe out.

The Bills can win with Allen making mistakes. Unchartered territory…
McDermott called a great defensive game. He deserves a lot of credit for how the defense has played the last few weeks. Especially impressive with the additional injuries yesterday.

Agreed on Cook. He has dropped a few easy TDs this year. Very frustrating.

Shakir>Davis catching right now. But the running game wasn’t great, so they may have missed Davis there a bit.

Funny how weather in Buffalo has always been seen as such a benefit for them but I’d say it’s the exact opposite now. I think it makes things a bit of an equalizer Sunday, especially with the Steelers being much more of a power running team and the Bills being so pass oriented. Hope it turns out to just be frigid with a small bit of wind.

Funny how weather in Buffalo has always been seen as such a benefit for them but I’d say it’s the exact opposite now. I think it makes things a bit of an equalizer Sunday, especially with the Steelers being much more of a power running team and the Bills being so pass oriented. Hope it turns out to just be frigid with a small bit of wind.
I'm fearful the weather will be exactly like that NE wind storm NIGHT game a few December's ago except windier. Bills lost 14-10 - I think Mac only completed 2 passes, Josh 6, one long defensive breakdown on a run by Harris was the difference which Buffalo safeties routinely take poor angles and this year they are 28th in YPC given up.

Last edited:
Agreed on Cook. He has dropped a few easy TDs this year. Very frustrating.
He's had slippery fingers ever since he joined the team, which is why I've been reluctant to consider him an upgrade over Singletary. However, he has started to make more big plays the past 6-8 games, so he is definitely winning me over.

Phew. Ok, just got done smashing all the Taylor Swift stuff in my house. My 14 year old daughter is sobbing in her room as I finish feeding her vinyl records into the shredder. I think I’m doing this right?
Next week's game may set a record for the highest number of teenage girls to ever attend a playoff game played in under 32 degree temps

lol, AJ Klein bought an RV and had a trip to Key West booked this weekend until the Bills called him this past week.

X-rays were reportedly negative for Bernard so we’ll see how bad things are. Think he probably misses this week, but if they can win maybe they get him back for the AFCCG.

My 7 year old daughter is pumped for next week's game. And it has nothing to do with you guys. :wink: Congrats guys - I'm rooting for you to make it through the AFC.
For $350 you can go to a stadium show with Taylor Swift. And get to see the Chiefs and Bills play as a bonus.

My 7 year old daughter is pumped for next week's game. And it has nothing to do with you guys. :wink: Congrats guys - I'm rooting for you to make it through the AFC.
For $350 you can go to a stadium show with Taylor Swift. And get to see the Chiefs and Bills play as a bonus.
Wait is Taylor performing? Asking for a friend of course.
Of course not. But for $350 and a pair of binoculars, you can watch her watch the game in a suite and say you saw Taylor Swift in a stadium during her Eras Tour!

So who is next for The Pit? GroveDiesel, you jumping in?
Little too much of a drive for me. I’m sure there are plenty of other willing sacrifices.

The crazy thing is, is that the whole thing was started as a joke and now some people really think someone has fallen/jumped in each week since they started winning…

Little too much of a drive for me. I’m sure there are plenty of other willing sacrifices.

The crazy thing is, is that the whole thing was started as a joke and now some people really think someone has fallen/jumped in each week since they started winning…
Even the initial guy falling in is a joke? Or the people after? Cause I heard there was an actual police/hospital report.

Even the initial guy falling in is a joke? Or the people after? Cause I heard there was an actual police/hospital report.
There definitely was an initial guy. But someone made a joke on Twitter that somehow has fallen/jumped in each week since because the team keeps winning. It was a multi-tweet thread and only at the very end did the person say that they made it up. So of course other people ran with it saying that Bills fans are intentionally jumping into the Pit each week out of superstition, which of course, now just encourages dumb drunk people to go ahead and do exactly that and hurt/kill themselves in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread