What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Cleveland Browns - THE RETURN OF CADE YORK (2 Viewers)

Anyone else not a fan of Jeudys contract?
i am absolutely shocked they signed him to an extension before he’s played a single snap for the Browns.
Some of the talking heads have said that Jeudy has been on Berry's radar since he came out in the draft. I'm guessing they've seen enough of him to think his performance in DEN was "coach related" and that the talent from CFB is still there and untapped.

Anyone else not a fan of Jeudys contract?
i am absolutely shocked they signed him to an extension before he’s played a single snap for the Browns.
Some of the talking heads have said that Jeudy has been on Berry's radar since he came out in the draft. I'm guessing they've seen enough of him to think his performance in DEN was "coach related" and that the talent from CFB is still there and untapped.
I'd sure hope so

Adding D'onta Foreman to the RB room makes me really wonder about Chubb returning this year.

Chubb
Ford
Strong
Hines
Foreman
Kelly, Jr

I'd assume they still get a RB in the draft

and they have 4 QBs.

does that mean Watson may not be back week 1?
Zero to a million, nothing but one extreme or the other when it means nothing at all. SOP is 4 QBs in the offseason and if ANYONE is on thin ice it isn't the guy they are on the hook for over $200 mill when the guy they only paid a 5th round pick stunk it up last year and would have to perform beyond brilliantly in camp and the preseason to keep his roster spot.
Every TC the Browns have 4 QBs to keep the starter's arm fresh, EVERY TEAM does that and that is why no starters play in the preseason till the third game (now 2nd since they cut the 4th preseason game) and rest the final game.
Oh, and according to the most recent update on Watson's injury?
Deshaun Watson could start throwing Tuesday.
The plan is to put Watson on a pitch count so having an extra arm is a flat-out necessity for camp and the preseason.

and they have 4 QBs.

does that mean Watson may not be back week 1?
Zero to a million, nothing but one extreme or the other when it means nothing at all. SOP is 4 QBs in the offseason and if ANYONE is on thin ice it isn't the guy they are on the hook for over $200 mill when the guy they only paid a 5th round pick stunk it up last year and would have to perform beyond brilliantly in camp and the preseason to keep his roster spot.
Every TC the Browns have 4 QBs to keep the starter's arm fresh, EVERY TEAM does that and that is why no starters play in the preseason till the third game (now 2nd since they cut the 4th preseason game) and rest the final game.
Oh, and according to the most recent update on Watson's injury?
Deshaun Watson could start throwing Tuesday.
The plan is to put Watson on a pitch count so having an extra arm is a flat-out necessity for camp and the preseason.
SOP is having 2 guys with guaranteed money plus the guy on the rookie contract?

something is weird.

don’t get me wrong. i WANT Watson back week one.

but something isn’t adding up here.

March before TC and the preseason. It IS SOP to have 3 QBs with at least one extra QB arm for camp. Completely benign and nothing to panic about.
Deshuan is a sunk cost; Winston is a one-year deal as is Snoop.
If anyone is on thin ice it is DTR not Deshaun.
We went through 5 different starting QBs last season with a starter coming off an injury.
Did you just want Deshaun and Winston with DTR?

March before TC and the preseason. It IS SOP to have 3 QBs with at least one extra QB arm for camp. Completely benign and nothing to panic about.
We went through 5 different starting QBs last season with a starter coming off an injury.
it doesn’t make any difference to me.

but why would Huntley come here to compete for the #3 spot?

it just seems weird.

Adding D'onta Foreman to the RB room makes me really wonder about Chubb returning this year.

Chubb
Ford
Strong
Hines
Foreman
Kelly, Jr

Foreman is a good insurance policy for Chubb. I wouldn’t want to take Chubb this year. It seems like the loss of explosiveness is overlooked when coming off an injury - look at Pollard in 23.

it just seems weird.
While I don't understand it from his perspective either, he isn't any good. As a starter he's 4-8, thrown for 200+ yards just 3 times, team only scored > 20 pts twice (both trailing by double digits in the 4th), 11 TD : 8 turnovers...may be as simple as he didn't receive a better offer.

Chubb
Ford
Strong
Hines
Foreman
Kelly, Jr

Given the severity of his injury, week 1 availability has always been in doubt. Don't expect us to have a better idea how that's coming along until ~August. RB room is just Ford and a special teamer/receiving back (Hines)- needed a banger.

maybe this is a justification, but here are Flacco’s stats:

“In five games, he completed 60.3% of his passes for 1,616 yards through the air, 13 touchdowns, and eight interceptions.”

1.6:1 TD:INT ratio, and 60% completion ratio.

to be fair, he had a one week ramp up time after he was signed and some of the INTs objectively can be blamed on the receivers.

but at the end of the day, he was not as amazing as our memories of that run actually were.
I recall in the second half when our win probability dipped below 10% contributing to a few group threads:

Updated score:
Bears- 3
Flacco- negative 7

We remember what he did in the 4th quarter against the Bears because of what it led to the next 2 games, but he was atrocious up to that point. We HOPED the magic he showed over those 7 quarters would carry forward to the playoffs because we're fans; we're not supposed to be reasonable nor objective. He embraced the community and was easy to root for. Good spot for his middle aged dad schtick to fit right in after ~2 years of the Watson circus. He never was a viable long term solution though.

it just seems weird.
While I don't understand it from his perspective either, he isn't any good. As a starter he's 4-8, thrown for 200+ yards just 3 times, team only scored > 20 pts twice (both trailing by double digits in the 4th), 11 TD : 8 turnovers...may be as simple as he didn't receive a better offer.
AB has a history of seeing backup QBs as tradable assets, see Josh Dobbs dealt last year for a 5th round pick. With 31 other teams, it's reasonable that a team could be in the market for a backup with starting experience.
His deal isn't guaranteed.

If anyone is wondering why Snoop would choose the Browns?
Huntley knows he's not going to compete directly for a starting NFL quarterback job so his 'best chance' to start is a team where he'd get a chance due to injury or a trade.
What team started 5 QBs last year? Add, what team dealt a backup away who also became a starter making SIX QBs from Cleveland last year that became starting QBs in the NFL?
I mean, I don't see why any QB who isn't considered a starter but wants a chance to start wouldn't choose the Browns.

Strange times for Browns fans. This used to be the only time of year we could get excited.
Now, not so much. Looking forward to Friday and Saturday. Tonight Go Cavs!

Strange times for Browns fans. This used to be the only time of year we could get excited.
Now, not so much. Looking forward to Friday and Saturday. Tonight Go Cavs!
Kind of bittersweet about missing the first round. You'd think we'd be used to it after the last two years. But I'm also happy to not treat tonight as Christmas in July in April just because we have a top 10 pick. Even if we had a 1st round pick tonight, it would've been late in the round, and knowing AB he'd trade back into the 2nd round anyways.

Anyone we want to see the Browns maybe make a small move up to get today?
Assuming OT is a priority, if/when Patrick Paul goes early then I wonder how patient AB will be with Suamataia falling. Cooper DeJean is the only other player that jumps off the page, but he may be today's first pick and targeting him would complicate things with Newsome still on the roster.

I’m pretty pleased with what the Browns have done so far in the draft.

all of the “we gotta draft a WR in round 2” talk had me nervous.
Trust AB- this team has plenty of weaponry to contend, so the stock the cupboard for future usage.

Users who are viewing this thread