What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Draft complete. (21 Viewers)

Drove by the draft area yesterday. I know it will be done perfect by draft day but seems like they still have quite a bit of loose ends to tie up around the area.

They will have to block off the streets around the area as it is in the middle of downtown and it will be gridlocked for blocks.
My daughter is begging to go and I have zero interest.
Saturday afternoon might be your best bet for anything resembling a family atmosphere.
That was the plan, but now it looks like weather may play a factor. Oh, my daughter is 20 for what it's worth.

Drove by the draft area yesterday. I know it will be done perfect by draft day but seems like they still have quite a bit of loose ends to tie up around the area.

They will have to block off the streets around the area as it is in the middle of downtown and it will be gridlocked for blocks.
Saturday afternoon might be your best bet for anything resembling a family atmosphere.
That was the plan, but now it looks like weather may play a factor. Oh, my daughter is 20 for what it's worth.
Weather is starting to look better than originally projected. Rain to stop around noon when day 3 drafting begins. Highs in the 70's.

If I was drafting, I would be looking for a shutdown CB. My ideal pick would be if Nate Wiggins fell to us, but odds are he will get snatched up in the early 20's. Highly competitive with good height and elite speed and athleticism to stay with anyone. A bit lanky so his value against run game is limited. To me, he fits our needs better than Kool-Aid. But we will see what Brad cooks up. I don't see Brad standing still, but I would rather trade up a bit than down.
A little too thin and not good in run support Lions may pass on Wiggins if he’s there.

@Payne as I recall you are on The Eastside like me. For parking, you may want to check here. If I am looking at the maps and closures correctly, I am planning on taking Jefferson. The eastside garage should be accessible, includes a shuttle and is only $15. I've only booked Thursday so far.

Brad Holmes has drafted 23 players in his three drafts and the only one not currently on the roster is Chase Lucas, who was here last year.

In Bob Quinn's last three drafts, Frank Ragnow is the only player on the current roster.

Amon Ra getting a 4 year extension
"more than 120M with $77M guaranteed" according to Rapoport
Borrowing this from another site:
"Chess not checkers" kind of move? Striking first and setting the market to screw over the contract negotiations between San Fran and Aiyuk, knowing they are our biggest threat in the NFC?"
Also Dallas and Minnesota with their WRs and what they will have to pay them.

Are the Bears actually going to have a good QB? The NFC North is setting up to be the best conference in football for the foreseeable future.

Are the Bears actually going to have a good QB? The NFC North is setting up to be the best conference in football for the foreseeable future.

Caught a few moments of 97.1 today waiting for MCDC to come on, and they were asking something similar. I heard what might be favorite idiot caller/texter evah.

Joe from Livonia:

“Caleb Williams? Looks like a guy who would not be comfortable backing up a trailer.”

Caught a few moments of 97.1 today waiting for MCDC to come on, and they were asking something similar. I heard what might be favorite idiot caller/texter evah.

Joe from Livonia:

“Caleb Williams? Looks like a guy who would not be comfortable backing up a trailer.”

I am definitely not comfortable backing up a trailer, so we have one thing in common. Nice.

Holmes just made former Oregon legend Penei Sewell the highest paid OL in the NFL. Talk about a guy worth every penny.....highest rated T in the NFL last year.

My SIL/BIL and her son are going to the draft tomorrow. I'm excited for them - happy to see Detroit in the spotlight for good reasons.

What a day.
Penei Sewell 4 year extension. $112M. $85M guaranteed.
Wondering if this and ASRB's contract are more front-loaded given the guaranteed $, in hopes of keep as many of their key players as possible down the line.

Goff news soon?

Awesome news on Penei; believe they just had their second child. Man it’s great having a guy who is stellar on the field, in the locker room and at his own home. Just like St, he’s only gotten better every year.

🎼 I gotta say it was a good day 🎵

Awesome news on Penei; believe they just had their second child. Man it’s great having a guy who is stellar on the field, in the locker room and at his own home. Just like St, he’s only gotten better every year.

🎼 I gotta say it was a good day 🎵

Yeah, baby #2. Sewell married his college sweetheart who was a cheerleader at Oregon (I think). Her dad runs the Cross-fits here and she and her sister used to dance with my co-worker's daughter (how's that for a Save Ferris connection?). By all accounts, he's a great great great dude.

Joe from Livonia:

I am definitely not comfortable backing up a trailer, so we have one thing in common. Nice.

Holmes just made former Oregon legend Penei Sewell the highest paid OL in the NFL. Talk about a guy worth every penny.....highest rated T in the NFL last year.

My SIL/BIL and her son are going to the draft tomorrow. I'm excited for them - happy to see Detroit in the spotlight for good reasons.

Yeah I’m def feeling some FOMO about the draft. I used to work at the Ren Center in the 90s & downtown has really taken off since then. Jelly of anyone who gets to go this week!

What a day.
Penei Sewell 4 year extension. $112M. $85M guaranteed.
Wondering if this and ASRB's contract are more front-loaded given the guaranteed $, in hopes of keep as many of their key players as possible down the line.

Goff news soon?

According to Schefter, no deal close with Goff.

Meet the Lions 2024 International fan of the year

I know this chap! Met Ryan last year in Baltimore. He’s been a fan since 2008, saw his first London game in 2016 (DET v ATL), has been to the states every year since 2017 - 26 games in all, probably 2/3rds of them road games. Dude is good guy.

Wife & I slammed several beers with him in the hotel bar. There must have been 50 Lions fans staying at the same place (8 min walk to M&T Bank Stadium) and there was always like a couple dozen fans getting sauced in there every time we came back; had a blast. Also tailgated with him & a group of fans who have been going to Lions road trips for the last 5 years.

Highly recommend doing a road game sometime. We picked the worst game of the year (blowout loss) but I’m completely honest in saying it barely mattered. It was so much seeing thousands of fans in Honolulu Blue just take over the Inner Harbor for a couple days. Ryan was just one of several really cool people we met along the way.

Just realized both deals today were extensions; the Lions picked up Sewell’s 5th year option, so the new deal doesn’t start until 2026. Locked down their first draft stars until 2028 (ARSB) and 2029.

Will be a couple days until we see the full breakdown of due at signing and what the annual cap hits will be. I believe 5th year options are by a formula of the average of top ___ players at their positions so it’ll be awhile until we know for certain what 58’s salary will be next year.

Copy and paste of what menobrown posted in the player thread:

Contract details, as expected, are good, but not quite all it was sold as either:

$35m fully guaranteed, but practical guarantees of about $62m because his 2026 contract becomes guaranteed at some point in 2025. Does have some injury guarantees in year three which push that up to $77m but again that extra $14m guarantees is just for injuries.

If he never sees that final year of his deal, which is $36m, they essentially took the last year of his deal where he was due about $3.5M and folded that into a 4 year/84M contract, or if people prefer to look at is as they added 3 years/81m to the last year of his rookie deal. This again does not count the $36m due the last year of his deal.

Pittman and Ridley will each make more then him over the next 3 seasons but they did have more leverage since ASRB still had a year left ,and like I said in the example above, his 3 new years beat the first 3 years of both of their contracts.

ARSB details

Base salary: $1,366,000 (Guaranteed)
Prorated bonus: $3,496,315
Dead cap money: $35,472,315
Cap number: $4,862,315
Per-game roster bonus: $0

Base salary: $8,300,000 (Guaranteed)
Prorated bonus: $5,000,000
Dead cap money $30,610,000
Cap number: $13,910,000
Per game roster bonus: $510,000

Base salary: $27,500,000 (Guaranteed)
Dead cap money $9,900,000
Cap number: $33,110,000

Base salary: $23,370,000 ($14,834,00 guaranteed at signing)
Dead cap money $6,600,000
Cap number: $28,980,000

Base salary: $35,400,000
Dead cap money $3,300,000
Cap number: $41,010,000

The 2028 will probably not be picked up without renegotiating, just a fluffer to make him the highest paid. Extremely team friendly the next two years.

Heading to Detroit tomorrow afternoon for an invite only draft party at the Caucus Club.

What do I wear??

Sport jacket & decent dress shoes is fine, even tasseled loafers, as long as they look good.

(+ of course dark socks)

business casual (the old school definition) is the bare minimum

it’s upscale blue blood dining but given the nature of the event sharp casual is the way to go

Heading to Detroit tomorrow afternoon for an invite only draft party at the Caucus Club.

What do I wear??

Sport jacket & decent dress shoes is fine, even tasseled loafers, as long as they look good.

(+ of course dark socks)

it’s upscale blue blood dining but given the nature of the event sharp casual is the way to go
Yikes.. Even for a draft party??

What do I wear??

(+ of course dark socks)

I’m trying to help you

:shrug:

@Da Guru tell this dude if it’s cool to turn up in sneakers & a tee

What do I wear??

(+ of course dark socks)

I’m trying to help you

Obviously you need one of the helmets which hold two beer cans and a couple of straws. Throw a Lions sticker on it and you are golden.

What do I wear??

(+ of course dark socks)

I’m trying to help you

I have not been there in years but it has always been a stuffy "Proper Attire" old school type of place. A place where all the high auto execs and lawyers hung out at back in the day. Even on their website it states "Proper attire Only"

That being said I was in downtown last night and went to a couple places and 90% of the attire I saw people had on NFL gear. The draft seems to being in the Mardi Gras types. Not the classiest.

If it were me I would dress somewhat clean and neat there but at this event I doubt they would turn anyone away. A nice Lion Logo quarter zip with black pants might work nice.

At the invite only parties though the people throwing the party usually make the rules.

Last edited:
A lot of buzz about trading up, I'll believe it when I see it

I figure they might trade back. I'm expecting to see them draft a few developmental guys like OT Jordan Morgan, ED Jalyx Hunt and S Sione Vaki.

(brad being Brad, watch him go straight chalk - no one knows what he will do)

We're not used to being this far back in the draft, so here's a handy guide to when we might see the selection if they stick n pick.

29th pick by year:
  • 2023: Saints select Bryan Bresee at 11:33 p.m. ET
  • 2022: Patriots select Cole Strange at 11:12 p.m. ET
  • 2021: Packers select Eric Stokes at 11:43 p.m. ET

"There was a significant line between Terrion Arnold and the next best CB in the draft. He fits us like a glove, he fits us to a T.

Never thought he'd be there. Couldn't be more thrilled."

- Villain

What do I wear??

(+ of course dark socks)

I’m trying to help you

It was a non issue. Private party...lots of jerseya etc

Users who are viewing this thread