What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Brock party (3 Viewers)

Interim coach Antonio Pierce has emerged as the leading candidate to become the full-time head coach in Las Vegas, with the support of key players there, per league sources. There will be other options for Raiders’ owner Mark Davis to consider, but as one source said, “I would be blown away if Antonio weren’t the pick.”
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1746159598673748463
🏴‍☠️☠️🏴‍☠️☠️🏴‍☠️☠️🏴‍☠️☠️
I don't see how Davis can do anything other than hire AP. The demands from the players and fanbase on this is overwhelming. It would be a massively bad move for him in just PR terms to not hire AP.

I don't doubt the report that says Maxx is stating he will request a trade if AP isn't hired. It tracks with his personality and he has made it very clear that he wants AP.

I don't believe a thing Rapoport says. He seems to just make stuff up a lot of the time. I remember a few years ago he reported a guy on the Giants was set to have a largely expanded role and they cut him like two hours later.

I believe that all the conversations have been happening that we don't know about lead us to a spot where the rumor breaks that AP is the guy happens the same time that Harbaugh is meeting with the Chargers next week.

Not coincidental. I am sure Harbaugh and Davis spoke, but who knows the level of interest--on either side. Dude, give me the team with Herbert and top pick.

I believe that all the conversations have been happening that we don't know about lead us to a spot where the rumor breaks that AP is the guy happens the same time that Harbaugh is meeting with the Chargers next week.

Not coincidental. I am sure Harbaugh and Davis spoke, but who knows the level of interest--on either side. Dude, give me the team with Herbert and top pick.
Yea, who knows. The Dolts have their young QB and a dang good roster that just severely underperformed.

At this point, it has to be like 79% chance AP, 20% Harbaugh and 1% the field.

I don't believe a thing Rapoport says. He seems to just make stuff up a lot of the time. I remember a few years ago he reported a guy on the Giants was set to have a largely expanded role and they cut him like two hours later.
It was a huge expanded role.... he just forgot to add that it would be in Free Agency.

Rapaport is one of those guys that when a story breaks that no one saw coming, he tweets something like, 'yeah, I heard this might be happening....'

No, you didn't, you effing goober, or you would have tweeted about it. Insults the intelligence of his audience.

I don't see how Davis can do anything other than hire AP. The demands from the players and fanbase on this is overwhelming. It would be a massively bad move for him in just PR terms to not hire AP.

even more weight, imo, is when beloved ex-Raiders like CWood put their public support behind AP. To me, it’s a slam dunk that AP is given the gig.

even more weight, imo, is when beloved ex-Raiders like CWood put their public support behind AP. To me, it’s a slam dunk that AP is given the gig.
Nobody is talking about this fact...The Raiders played in the last game of a season that was over for them...and they played their hearts out for AP so he could get the HC position.... they risked career ending injuries in a game that meant as much as a preseason game ...they played hard and kicked the great Sean Payton's *** ...if that doesn't tell you all you need to know about the love this team has for AP than you are too far gone and should hand in your Raiders fan card now and go root for whoever Harbaugh is coaching

Yea... add in the demands of the alumni and even the media too

Nobody is talking about this fact...The Raiders played in the last game of a season that was over for them...and they played their hearts out for AP so he could get the HC position.... they risked career ending injuries in a game that meant as much as a preseason game ...they played hard and kicked the great Sean Payton's *** ...if that doesn't tell you all you need to know about the love this team has for AP than you are too far gone and should hand in your Raiders fan card now and go root for whoever Harbaugh is coaching
Nailed it. Davis needs to quit screwing around and keep the staff intact.

I thought O'Connell looked very good at times. Will they roll with him, Jimmy G, or someone else (again) in 2024?

I thought O'Connell looked very good at times. Will they roll with him, Jimmy G, or someone else (again) in 2024?
Jimmy is most likely gone. I’m guessing Pierce or whoever becomes HC will bring in a QB either via free agency or draft to give O’Connell serious competition for the job. If he wins the job he’s earned the right to be QB1 instead of being the lesser of 2-3 evils like this past season.

Jimmy is most likely gone. I’m guessing Pierce or whoever becomes HC will bring in a QB either via free agency or draft to give O’Connell serious competition for the job. If he wins the job he’s earned the right to be QB1 instead of being the lesser of 2-3 evils like this past season.
That’s a solid plan.

I thought I read that Richard Seymour was hired by the Raiders, but can't find anything on it... Went to raiders.com ... nothing... Went to the team administration page to see if there was a listing for him... nothing.

But I did notice that Deuce Gruden is no longer on the staff. I think that's new. I seem to recall seeing him on the sideline this past season

I thought I read that Richard Seymour was hired by the Raiders, but can't find anything on it... Went to raiders.com ... nothing... Went to the team administration page to see if there was a listing for him... nothing.

But I did notice that Deuce Gruden is no longer on the staff. I think that's new. I seem to recall seeing him on the sideline this past season
He is supposedly involved in the hiring committee that they put together to interview the GM and HC candidates.

I laugh because the ole duecer might have finally gotten the boot. I was shocked he stayed with the team after daddy got the axe

I laugh because the ole duecer might have finally gotten the boot. I was shocked he stayed with the team after daddy got the axe
We know exactly zero about the kid. You may not like his Dad but I don't see why that should spill over to his children. Unless you been stalking the Gruden's and have extra dirt to share.

We know exactly zero about the kid. You may not like his Dad but I don't see why that should spill over to his children. Unless you been stalking the Gruden's and have extra dirt to share.
His old mans court case vs the nfl just kicked off again

His old mans court case vs the nfl just kicked off again
Could do some damage to the NFL if the rumors are true

I said absolutely nothing negative about deuce. I was simply surprised that he wasn’t let go and/or chose to stay when his father was canned. If he’s no longer on the staff, why now? AP?

I said absolutely nothing negative about deuce. I was simply surprised that he wasn’t let go and/or chose to stay when his father was canned. If he’s no longer on the staff, why now? AP?
The laughing part of finally getting the boot makes it seem you were happy about the potential misfortune of being fired.

Who knows why he is not on staff now. Assistant Strength and Conditioning coach moves usually don't hit the radar of reporting.

The laughing part of finally getting the boot makes it seem you were happy about the potential misfortune of being fired.

Who knows why he is not on staff now. Assistant Strength and Conditioning coach moves usually don't hit the radar of reporting.
I’ll be sure to light a candle for him. :rolleyes:

He is supposedly involved in the hiring committee that they put together to interview the GM and HC candidates.

QcILus7__normal.jpg

Richard Seymour

@BigSey93

I’m humbled by and grateful for the trust of the Davis family and Raiders organization—and excited about the opportunity to help build on the Raiders’ extraordinary legacy. When I was a player, Mr. Davis and the Raiders afforded me possibilities that I never could have imagined. And what I’ve learned is, with this privilege comes responsibility—the responsibility to be a good steward of this organization’s values for our team, for our community, and for our game. Once a Raider, always a Raider!
🏴‍☠️

4:48 PM · Jan 14, 2024

Richard Seymour

@BigSey93

I’m humbled by and grateful for the trust of the Davis family and Raiders organization—and excited about the opportunity to help build on the Raiders’ extraordinary legacy. When I was a player, Mr. Davis and the Raiders afforded me possibilities that I never could have imagined. And what I’ve learned is, with this privilege comes responsibility—the responsibility to be a good steward of this organization’s values for our team, for our community, and for our game. Once a Raider, always a Raider!
Seymour is still trying to earn that contract he got back in the day.

What about you, Warren Sapp?

Richard Seymour

@BigSey93

Seymour is still trying to earn that contract he got back in the day.

What about you, Warren Sapp?
He’s still a POS.

So someone was arguing that the Raiders arent following the Rooney rule the way its supposed to be followed.

I dont know a lot about the rule other than its meant to create diversity in hiring. What could the Raiders be doing wrong?

This person said quote ''you must interview 2 minorities neither of which can be from your organization for the head coaching position, one needs to be in person which can’t take place until the 22nd. So far they’ve interviewed no o/s candidates for HC,
And makes the league not only look bad,but it makes the league look condescending and that’s why they will come down hard on the Raiders. I think
BigSey93 either isn’t very bright or did it on purpose, because either way the league will come down on the Raiders when they hire AP''

See... you say you have no animosity to him but what you post suggests otherwise. :shrug:

So someone was arguing that the Raiders arent following the Rooney rule the way its supposed to be followed.

I dont know a lot about the rule other than its meant to create diversity in hiring. What could the Raiders be doing wrong?

This person said quote ''you must interview 2 minorities neither of which can be from your organization for the head coaching position, one needs to be in person which can’t take place until the 22nd. So far they’ve interviewed no o/s candidates for HC,
And makes the league not only look bad,but it makes the league look condescending and that’s why they will come down hard on the Raiders. I think
BigSey93 either isn’t very bright or did it on purpose, because either way the league will come down on the Raiders when they hire AP''
Wait...
You are going to tell me that if the Raiders do indeed hire AP then people are going to be mad that they aren't interviewing enough minority coaches?!
Gawd, I am really starting to hate this world and understand all the old grumpy people that want to live in the middle of no where with minimal contact with other people.

Wait...
You are going to tell me that if the Raiders do indeed hire AP then people are going to be mad that they aren't interviewing enough minority coaches?!
Gawd, I am really starting to hate this world and understand all the old grumpy people that want to live in the middle of no where with minimal contact with other people.
Thats what i was thinking, sounds crazy dumb to me .

Raiders’ All-Pro DE Maxx Crosby confirmed that he’d consider a trade request if interim HC Antonio Pierce isn’t retained as the full-time head coach.

"I want to be a Raider, but if we go in a different direction, there is nothing that is off the table,” Crosby said on his podcast.

Raiders’ All-Pro DE Maxx Crosby confirmed that he’d consider a trade request if interim HC Antonio Pierce isn’t retained as the full-time head coach.

"I want to be a Raider, but if we go in a different direction, there is nothing that is off the table,” Crosby said on his podcast.
It`s wild how some fans on social media are turning on Maxx , saying things like ''let him go , he`s a traitor '' or ''He doesnt care about the Raiders .he`s selfish''

I`m like '' Nobody wants to win more than Maxx , he wants the team to win, he knows what is working in that locker room , on the practice field and on the playing field . He`s tired of the coaching carousel and instability it brings , AP is a breath of fresh air and has tapped into something this team hasnt seen in a long time , maybe never. Hes the first coach that excited me even when they lost , every time he talks im glued to his positive vibe , its inspiring. Imagine being able to have a person that can make a whole team play lights out win or lose . To get shutout one week and somehow get these guys up so high and feeling good that they score the most points in the teams history the very next game .... you dont let a coach like that walk ...Maxx and the entire team and staff know this ''

It`s wild how some fans on social media are turning on Maxx , saying things like ''let him go , he`s a traitor '' or ''He doesnt care about the Raiders .he`s selfish''

I`m like '' Nobody wants to win more than Maxx , he wants the team to win, he knows what is working in that locker room , on the practice field and on the playing field . He`s tired of the coaching carousel and instability it brings , AP is a breath of fresh air and has tapped into something this team hasnt seen in a long time , maybe never. Hes the first coach that excited me even when they lost , every time he talks im glued to his positive vibe , its inspiring. Imagine being able to have a person that can make a whole team play lights out win or lose . To get shutout one week and somehow get these guys up so high and feeling good that they score the most points in the teams history the very next game .... you dont let a coach like that walk ...Maxx and the entire team and staff know this ''
Tell your cousin to shut up.

I ultimately wouldn't vouch for it, but if Madd Maxx Crosby demanded tomorrow that he himself be named Raiders Head Coach or otherwise be traded, I would at least consider how it might work with him wearing a headset under his helmet.

#HireAP

I ultimately wouldn't vouch for it, but if Madd Maxx Crosby demanded tomorrow that he himself be named Raiders Head Coach or otherwise be traded, I would at least consider how it might work with him wearing a headset under his helmet.

#HireAP
Hell ya

Tell your cousin to shut up.
ima slap dat fools face

See... you say you have no animosity to him but what you post suggests otherwise. :shrug:
Lighten up francis. I’m joking around.

Wait...
Except duece Gruden. He’s ok

Users who are viewing this thread