What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Brock party (20 Viewers)

As hard as i try i just cant feel bad for Miami
The deal illustrates two big things to remember:

1. Familiarity drives these deals. Wilkins had connections with LV staff.
2. Salary Cap is real. Dolphins are losing Wilkins because they have Tyreek, Jalen Ramsey, and Chubb from previous huge swings on vets. Now they get a 4th round comp pick next year for a stud DT. (It's a 3rd round comp pick, but you know what a 3rd round pick is after the 3rd round? A 4th round pick)

Wilkins is really the one FA I really wanted. This will be huge for our defense. I have been waiting for a player like this at DT for years and years. He can pressure up the middle and is a good run defender. This will be huge for Maxx and Koonce/Wilson (I can see a pass rush package of Maxx/Wilkins/Wilson/Koonce coming our way a lot next year)

Absolutely overjoyed with this. We spent money in the best position we could besides QB.

Sad day for Miami...when you draft a guy 1st Rd and he does evereything you ever wanted,
played out his 5th year option and then you just watch a Pro Bowl level DT leave...can't take Miami seriously trying to compete for anything this year.

He's going to pair nice with Maxx Crosby
Sad day for Miami
When you have no $$$ to spend, decisions must be made.

watching now .

Wilkins had 98 tackles in 2022 , the most by a DT

He plays a lot of series so hes got a Crosby motor

Hes a great trash talker as well :laugh: ''The price is wrong BILLY'' ...''Oh you mad ...and you mad ...and you mad'' pointing at the offensive line....''Oh you gettin fined this week, you playin for free this week fat boy ''

He and Crosby gonna get along like PBJ

If the Vikings don't sign him to an extension before the final four years of his contract void on March 12, they will carry a $28.5 million dead money charge on their salary cap and Cousins will be an open-market free agent for the second time in his career. Should that happen, I expect the Falcons to make a strong pursuit. I have been told by multiple sources this week that signing Cousins -- not trading for Justin Fields -- is the Falcons' top QB solution, assuming Cousins makes it to free agency.
Graziano ESPN

Would be interesting if Cousins wound up in ATL. To keep my McCarthy dream alive, need a vet QB in ATL.
I’ve heard that blank wants cousins. at any cost
:coffee:

11.5 sacks over first four years, 9 sacks in 2023 and we blow our wads. We better be getting the 2023 version for what we just paid.
There are always ways to manipulate the cap.
Well of course there are. Ask the Raiders how they danced the Chandler Jones money. My point is this is HUGE money for not-Chris Jones level performance.

Not that I agree with it, but they paid for the upside of an ascending player. I like Wilkins - if he plays as he did last year, he's worth the money to pair with and unshackle Maxx. But as I stated a few days ago, this isn't the type of signing that I prefer to see in free agency - the risk and history have not been kind to these moves, but that doesn't mean it can't or won't work with this dude at this moment. Is what it is now, so I'm choosing optimism and focus on the upside b/c it's absolutely there. A dynamic interior presence is exactly what the Raiders need to upgrade an already good D.

(All of the above stated, I hope they re-sign Adam Butler, who did a pretty solid value impression of Wilkins last year. Depth and rotation are key.)

If the Vikings don't sign him to an extension before the final four years of his contract void on March 12, they will carry a $28.5 million dead money charge on their salary cap and Cousins will be an open-market free agent for the second time in his career. Should that happen, I expect the Falcons to make a strong pursuit. I have been told by multiple sources this week that signing Cousins -- not trading for Justin Fields -- is the Falcons' top QB solution, assuming Cousins makes it to free agency.
Graziano ESPN

Would be interesting if Cousins wound up in ATL. To keep my McCarthy dream alive, need a vet QB in ATL.
I’ve heard that blank wants cousins. at any cost
:coffee:
Fields trade might be for real now.

11.5 sacks over first four years, 9 sacks in 2023 and we blow our wads. We better be getting the 2023 version for what we just paid.
There are always ways to manipulate the cap.
Well of course there are. Ask the Raiders how they danced the Chandler Jones money. My point is this is HUGE money for not-Chris Jones level performance.
Jones is generational. Wilkins is close, and still young. Love this signing.

Last edited:
Not that I agree with it, but they paid for the upside of an ascending player. I like Wilkins - if he plays as he did last year, he's worth the money to pair with and unshackle Maxx. But as I stated a few days ago, this isn't the type of signing that I prefer to see in free agency - the risk and history have not been kind to these moves, but that doesn't mean it can't or won't work with this dude at this moment. Is what it is now, so I'm choosing optimism and focus on the upside b/c it's absolutely there. A dynamic interior presence is exactly what the Raiders need to upgrade an already good D.
The main reason I'm not on full tilt right now is that I really like Wilkins the person - I think he's genuinely a good guy and hard worker and I think the bust factor is pretty low here. And hopefully we do see him kick it up, and I'd even be ok if he didn't and we got 4 years of exactly what he put out last year - we'd be winning the deal if we did. But the guy had 2, 1.5, 4.5, and 3.5 sacks before entering his "show me the money" season. That always rubs me the wrong way, and I hate the general concept of paying a guy coming off that magical season like this. This isn't a guy like Donald or Jones that put up big impressive numbers throughout his first contract.

That said, he's a Raider and a beast and I"m all in on Christian Wilkins.

The main reason I'm not on full tilt right now is that I really like Wilkins the person - I think he's genuinely a good guy and hard worker and I think the bust factor is pretty low here. And hopefully we do see him kick it up, and I'd even be ok if he didn't and we got 4 years of exactly what he put out last year - we'd be winning the deal if we did. But the guy had 2, 1.5, 4.5, and 3.5 sacks before entering his "show me the money" season. That always rubs me the wrong way, and I hate the general concept of paying a guy coming off that magical season like this. This isn't a guy like Donald or Jones that put up big impressive numbers throughout his first contract.

He seems to fit in really well.... I have heard things come up about him being a high motor guy, a talker and hard worker. All of those things fit into the Raider resurrection of culture AP is keen on. He seems to be that cultural fit you want PLUS a really good DT. This is going to be a tough Dline to go against.

Minshew to the Raiders means a camp battle of moustaches.

But to me it doesn't remove them from trading for Fields OR drafting a QB high in the draft. AOC was the only QB on the roster 45 minutes ago.

I was hoping we'd grab Jeff Okudah but he just signed with Houston. Byard to CHI was another one I wanted. Has Justin Simmons signed yet? He needs to be on our list.

Minshew to the Raiders means a camp battle of moustaches.

But to me it doesn't remove them from trading for Fields OR drafting a QB high in the draft. AOC was the only QB on the roster 45 minutes ago.
think takes them out of Fields b/c they kinda fall in similar bucket, but by no means does it take them out of drafting a QB, but now not completely screwed if it doesn't work out, or if they miss out on one of the top guys and end up w/ someone in the 2nd round.

I watched his highlights , he was mic`d up. I like his personality as well , he will fit in with Crosby and the Raiders . He looked like he was double teamed a lot , with Maxx you cant to that as much, if we draft a top DT that line will crush it

My favorite Twitter response I've seen to the Minshew news: "Best freaking QB we've had on the roster in a long time"... hard to argue with that. HA!

Minshew feels more like an insurance policy to whatever our plan is to get a QB in trade (Fields basically) or draft (who knows). I think there are other options if you were really not motivated to go after what you hope is your starting QB another way. I think signing him means we have a plan on going after someone in some way that we will hope is our new franchise QB.

Is it possible that Fields trade value just dropped? There doesn't seem to be many potential trade partners now the dominoes have fallen. Maybe even get him for a 3 or 4? I would do that in a hot second (barring Getsy having insider insight that says stay away from Fields) then take true BPA with our #1 and stll have our #2 to go after another BPA. I like that.

Minchew's contract only makes sense to me in the context of paying AOC and a rookie on the cheap - and having a vet to keep compete, mentor and perhaps keep the seat warm until the young-ins are ready.

Minchew's contract only makes sense to me in the context of paying AOC and a rookie on the cheap - and having a vet to keep compete, mentor and perhaps keep the seat warm until the young-ins are ready.
this is logical and that number only confirms that they aren't comfortable with AOC after all.

Eluemenour signed with Giants for short money. He was not valued in FA, which will surprise some.

It will be interesting to see if they pay up for a RT. Because I am sure they don't plan on taking one in the 1st round this year.

Eluemenour signed with Giants for short money. He was not valued in FA, which will surprise some.

It will be interesting to see if they pay up for a RT. Because I am sure they don't plan on taking one in the 1st round this year.
Why are you so certain? It is arguably their second biggest need and this draft has some generational talent at the position.

Why are you so certain? It is arguably their second biggest need and this draft has some generational talent at the position.
Mainly because I think QB is their 1st through 4th plan for the first round.

If they can't get one, I agree with you

Raiders will need to look at some mid-round RB prospects now. Very little looking so far has me high on the Tennessee and USC RBs, with the former being a 2nd-3rd round guy, and the latter a 3rd-4th rounder.

The Fields talk can be put to rest with the Minshew signing. The Raiders were probably never interested in Fields. The Getsy hiring signaled that and now the Minshew signing seals it. NFL decision makers seem to have a much lower opinion of Fields than us casual fans or fantasy players. My guess is he ends up in Seattle.

Last edited:
Minshew means we out on Fields.
Convince me.
Feels like the ideal plan for the Raider front office was a rookie QB they love, AOC, and another guy.

I think Minshew is the other guy. I thought it might have been Wilson. Could have been Fields.

If they come away from the draft without a QB, I guess I could see Fields, and maybe even be in favor of it. But I think a Fields move, before the draft? That would shock me.

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
Cash flow on Christian Wilkins' four-year, $110 million deal with the #Raiders:
Year 1: $29.5M
Thru 2: $58M
Thru 3: $84.25M
Thru 4: $110M
The first two years are fully guaranteed by next week, and $25.25M in 2026 fully vests next March. A practical guarantee of $82.75M. Huge.

Sad day for Miami...when you draft a guy 1st Rd and he does evereything you ever wanted,
played out his 5th year option and then you just watch a Pro Bowl level DT leave...can't take Miami seriously trying to compete for anything this year.

He's going to pair nice with Maxx Crosby
Sad day for Miami

At least they should get a top (3rd round) comp pick next year.

Users who are viewing this thread