What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Brock party (4 Viewers)

Now, the only team that I feel we need to worry about in the division is the Chefs

You vastly underestimate the effectiveness of having an elite battery at Coach + QB + OL. Harbaugh will find RBs and WRs in the haystack somewhere.
The OL is not elite. Average at best.

Until they make more moves, they have a QB on offense and then hopes and prayers.

Google OL rankings lists end of last season and you'll see them ranked anywhere from 6 to 16. The peeps that follow and rank these units much closer than you and I do seem to suggest they are elite at best and average at worst.

That said, I'm also reading that Corey Linsley's career may be over due to a surprise heart condition that popped up last season. Losing Linsley is huge.

Fields traded to Steelers for a 6th round pick that can become a 4th. Raiders clearly had no interest. Not surprising once they hired Getsy.

Fields traded to Steelers for a 6th round pick that can become a 4th. Raiders clearly had no interest. Not surprising once they hired Getsy.
I’m a bigger fan of Fields than most and I am glad LV didn’t go after Fields. His running ability is elite but his passing is below average. Going to be interesting to see what the Steelers do with their QB room. I loved the Russ signing. He isn’t great anymore but he’s good enough to get that team into the playoffs. Maybe they plan on starting Russ and just work on Fields passing all season. Definitely worth the risk for a 6th rounder.

Maybe they plan on starting Russ and just work on Fields passing all season. Definitely worth the risk for a 6th rounder.
Not maybe. Definitely this.

My feeling when I heard about Fields going to Pittsburg? PHEW! :)

Had not seen the Fields news. PIT has to decide about his 5th year option over the next couple months. It’s a non-trivial commitment to make to a guy who might be the #2 this season. But if they don’t do it, he is a UFA after this season. Seems like an odd move combined with signing Wilson.

Not gonna lie, I was hoping the Raiders were going to make a trade for Fields. I think he’s still a young talented player that has a lot of room for growth in the right system. I guess it turns out that Getsy’s offense is not the right one for Fields. I think teams are figuring out if they don’t have a great QB, they need two good ones, Pittsburgh did a good job getting him for a 4th - 6th round pick.
As it stands now, I think the Raiders will probably go into the season with Minshew and AOC battling it out and focus on defense and the trenches until the QB they want is attainable. Who knows when that will be…

So glad the Raiders re-signed Butler and Jenkins. Now the DT position group feels truly upgraded.

As it stands now, I think the Raiders will probably go into the season with Minshew and AOC battling it out and focus on defense and the trenches until the QB they want is attainable. Who knows when that will be…

Did they cancel the 2024 NFL Draft?

So glad the Raiders re-signed Butler and Jenkins. Now the DT position group feels truly upgraded.

Did they cancel the 2024 NFL Draft?
Ha! It’s early on the West Coast. I hope they draft a RT or CB at #13. If they go developmental QB later that would make sense. I just think Jaden Daniels is out of reach. At least I hope he is, I don’t want them mortgaging the future for him.

Not gonna lie, I was hoping the Raiders were going to make a trade for Fields. I think he’s still a young talented player that has a lot of room for growth in the right system. I guess it turns out that Getsy’s offense is not the right one for Fields. I think teams are figuring out if they don’t have a great QB, they need two good ones, Pittsburgh did a good job getting him for a 4th - 6th round pick.
It makes my skin crawl to say this, but I was hoping they’d go after wilson. Draft a guy without mortgaging the future. And let the 3 qbs battle it out. I like what Pittsburg has done.

It makes my skin crawl to say this, but I was hoping they’d go after wilson. Draft a guy without mortgaging the future. And let the 3 qbs battle it out. I like what Pittsburg has done.
I’m with you. I think they’re out on moving up to 1,2 and 3. Minnesota is setting themselves up to trade to probably #5 to get their pick of the next tier of QBs and Denver is most likely eyeing one of those QBs as well. If the Raiders stay put, that leaves them with whoever is left, which isn’t ideal unless they love Penix and all his injury concerns. I really think they’re in a great spot to solidify the RT position with a guy like Fuaga who seems to fit AP’s identity. A top CB also makes sense there as well.
Then in round 2 if Penix falls I’d be on board with them taking him there or if Rattler gains momentum then snagging him there would be ok in my book as well. Let him sit for a year behind Minshew/AOC.

I’m with you. I think they’re out on moving up to 1,2 and 3. Minnesota is setting themselves up to trade to probably #5 to get their pick of the next tier of QBs and Denver is most likely eyeing one of those QBs as well. If the Raiders stay put, that leaves them with whoever is left, which isn’t ideal unless they love Penix and all his injury concerns. I really think they’re in a great spot to solidify the RT position with a guy like Fuaga who seems to fit AP’s identity. A top CB also makes sense there as well.
Then in round 2 if Penix falls I’d be on board with them taking him there or if Rattler gains momentum then snagging him there would be ok in my book as well. Let him sit for a year behind Minshew/AOC.
I'm intrigued by Joe Milton at QB later in the draft. He has one heck of a arm on him.

MIN having two 1s this year makes me think they are going after top 3. If that happens, then Raiders trading up to get a guy is possible.

To me, it's the Pats. They have such a bad team that I could see them wanting to cash in, and get a QB later, especially if they don't love Daniels.

I can write a script where Raiders get JJ, but it means Pats are trading down.

MIN having two 1s this year makes me think they are going after top 3. If that happens, then Raiders trading up to get a guy is possible.

To me, it's the Pats. They have such a bad team that I could see them wanting to cash in, and get a QB later, especially if they don't love Daniels.

It could def play out this way.

I think a bit more likely is that Vikings trade their two firsts to the Chargers for #5 and take McCarthy.

I really don’t want a db at their current apot

I really don’t want a db at their current apot
CB is not my ideal choice at 13 either but man, the depth at that position is concerning.
Jack Jones: Love the attitude and play making ability that’s been missing since the days of Woodson but he’s still unproven and unpredictable IMO. Can’t wait to see how he does starting the season as the full time starter.
Hobbs: I like Hobbs when healthy he’s a solid slot corner.
Jack Bennett: He’s going to have to make a huge leap to become the other starter with Jones. I’m not sold on him yet.
Bringing someone in like Arnold, Mitchell or Dejean could be a nice addition to supplant Bennett if he under performs. At the very least they add depth after losing Amik.
For the record, I prefer a RT but I can understand the reasoning behind drafting a top CB at that spot.

It could def play out this way.

I think a bit more likely is that Vikings trade their two firsts to the Chargers for #5 and take McCarthy.

That would be incredibly good for the Chargers. I really hope this happens...

Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
Former #Bills All-Pro and Pro Bowl CB Tre’Davious White has visits scheduled with the #Rams and #Raiders this week, with a few more teams showing interest as well, sources say. White, cut by Buffalo earlier this month, is working his way back from a torn Achilles.

I could see Fields/Wilson working out in a myriad of ways.

But I am glad we aren't doing it
I don’t know… I think it can turn out to be a brilliant move. Getting both those QBs on the cheap while Darnold gets $10mil for example, looks pretty smart right now.
It’s moves like that which keeps Pittsburgh relevant year after year.
Honestly, pre draft I like their QB room better than the Raiders.

Let's be honest here for a second... If the Raiders made those two moves that Pittsburgh did, the media narrative would be damning ...

"Raiders making hail mary's trying to fix the QB Room"... "Raiders have no direction or plan at QB"...

And if the Raiders traded away AOC in the same manner that the Steerlers sent Pickett packing to a backup role. Oh man, that would make national headlines

Let's be honest here for a second... If the Raiders made those two moves that Pittsburgh did, the media narrative would be damning ...

"Raiders making hail mary's trying to fix the QB Room"... "Raiders have no direction or plan at QB"...

And if the Raiders traded away AOC in the same manner that the Steerlers sent Pickett packing to a backup role. Oh man, that would make national headlines
Agreed. Except the AOC part. I don’t think anyone is wowed by him.

Agreed. Except the AOC part. I don’t think anyone is wowed by him.

Oh my comments aren't a measure of AOC, but more so the rip the Raiders would take for trading him away. Pittsburgh just got patted on the back, and celebrated, for trading away a former 1st round pick (that they made!) into a situation that all but torpedo's his career... because Pickett didn't like the trade for Wilson?

I am not up for drama. I wasn't up for Chandler Jones drama, I wasn't up for McD drama, I want a drama-less season.

And the ####ing media driven drama is gonna start in July in PIT, because that's where our media is these days. Sucks so bad

Now, the only team that I feel we need to worry about in the division is the Chefs

You vastly underestimate the effectiveness of having an elite battery at Coach + QB + OL. Harbaugh will find RBs and WRs in the haystack somewhere.
The OL is not elite. Average at best.

Until they make more moves, they have a QB on offense and then hopes and prayers.

Google OL rankings lists end of last season and you'll see them ranked anywhere from 6 to 16. The peeps that follow and rank these units much closer than you and I do seem to suggest they are elite at best and average at worst.

That said, I'm also reading that Corey Linsley's career may be over due to a surprise heart condition that popped up last season. Losing Linsley is huge.
Be sure that you are not looking at rankings before the season started. They were ranked often on the top ten before games were played by 'those who follow closer than us'. On top of that, I am very selective on who I listen to from 'those who follow closer to us', case in point why... Maxx Crosby not getting a single DPOY vote. I can see arguments for others but a damn good argument is there for Maxx to not have been looked over completely like that.

Their pass protection was decent but their run blocking was bad. Remind me what Harbuagh wants to do? And as you point out, Corey being gone is a huge hole in that line. Clapp was crap and is a FA anyways.

They have $28 million right now to sign their rookie class and fill holes ALL over their offense.... offensive line, WR, TE and RB. They also have a couple of holes on defense too.

Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
Former #Bills All-Pro and Pro Bowl CB Tre’Davious White has visits scheduled with the #Rams and #Raiders this week, with a few more teams showing interest as well, sources say. White, cut by Buffalo earlier this month, is working his way back from a torn Achilles.
Interesting. The coming off the torn achilles is not ideal but I don't recall that as an injury that typically is hard to come back from but he has missed a lot of time the last three years. That all being said... a healthy Tre’Davious White, with Jack Jones on the other side and Hobbs in the slot? That is a dang good corner back trio to go along with our scary defensive line.

The coming off the torn achilles is not ideal but I don't recall that as an injury that typically is hard to come back from

It's a pretty significant injury. Running backs were considered done once that happened as recently as five years ago. I don't think the medical advances have been so great as to render it like an ACL tear. You're talking about a lot of spring in your step that's needed to play CB.

RB Alexander Mattison is visiting today. Could be a good addition behind Zeus. He is kind of like a poor man's Josh Jacobs.... shifty with more power than you would expect from his size and no breakaway speed.

The coming off the torn achilles is not ideal but I don't recall that as an injury that typically is hard to come back from

It's a pretty significant injury. Running backs were considered done once that happened as recently as five years ago. I don't think the medical advances have been so great as to render it like an ACL tear. You're talking about a lot of spring in your step that's needed to play CB.
My medical knowledge is less than good.

Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
Nov 25, 2021NFLKnee ACL Tear Grade 3White suffered a season-ending torn ACL in Buffalo's Thanksgiving win over the Saints.
Oct 1, 2023NFLPedal Achilles Tear Grade 3White tore his right Achilles in the third quarter of Week 4 vs. the Dolphins. He will miss the remainder of the 2023 NFL season.

My medical knowledge is less than good.

I'm no expert either and the advances have been there (see: D'Onta Foreman) but it's still a very difficult injury to come back from, especially given that he plays the position on the field where you might need the absolute best burst and acceleration—and the most flat speed once you're running.

No thank you to Tre White. Even if he were to sign for the league minimum (he probably wouldn't), the roster spot has value. Let his torn achilles be someone else's risk. Sad, but it is what it is.

Just a ''for what its worth'' post

when Wilkins was asked about Wilson, he lit up. Wilson played in 17 games last year and had 29 tackles and 3.5 sacks. He finished with a 47.1 grade from PFF, which rated No. 105 out of 112 edge rushers. He was named the 2023 draft’s “biggest disappointment” by ESPN last season, and one of the five “biggest busts” by Last Word.

Wilkins had an extensive answer when asked about Wilson: "I'm really excited to get around Tyree, truly, because even with all this going on, I think about my journey and reflecting back on my path kind of getting here and the way it looked for me in my rookie year. I didn’t think I would be in this position, I didn’t think I would be in front of you guys.“So, I’m definitely going to make it a goal of mine to help [Wilson] out as much as I can, be there for him in any way that he needs me, because I know how difficult it can be — the pressures and all that other stuff, the expectations and all of that. So, I’m there for him in any way he needs because, like I said, I went through all of that, and it was definitely a rough start for your boy.“But I’m glad to be here, I didn’t get down about anything, just kept working, kept grinding. And I saw him in here today, and that’s the first start — just to be around, get to work, put your head down, keep grinding, and see where you end up.”

The work ethic and approach to the game overall of Crosby was one thing. Having two guys like that now has to be even more contagious. I think the Wilkins addition is going to be paying off even before the first snap of the season.

I just saw a highlight of Wilkins... it was actually against us. Ball is thrown and Wilkins is on the 35 yard line pass rushing. Pass goes to Renfrow. Renfrow cacthes it a little short of the 50 and takes off.... Wilkins comes from behind and catches him at the 30 yard line. That big ole' DT went 35 yards to run down a receiver.

Two guys with that kind of motor and never quitting on a play... yea, as @kaso said, imagine having two of these guys pushing the rest of the team to their standard.

I am loving the Wilkins signing more and more and more.

Just imagine if the Raiders select Byron Murphy or Newton, and Wilson develops into a legitimate DE. 👀

Although I prefer a tackle at that pick, that scenario would certainly be a positive step in thwarting Mahomes.

Just imagine if the Raiders select Byron Murphy or Newton, and Wilson develops into a legitimate DE. 👀

Although I prefer a tackle at that pick, that scenario would certainly be a positive step in thwarting Mahomes.
I was thinking Murphy too... most mock drafts have him available there and more than a couple us taking him.

I think plan A is to make moves to get a QB. Plan B is if plan A fails see who is at 13 from the QB's and if we like them at all. Plan C may be to look at BPA for a guy like Murphy. Rotate him in with our current stable of DT's.... Maxx and Koonce and hopefully a developed Wilson.

DANG.

And Alex Mattison isn't even a homeless man's Josh Jacobs. The poor man's Jacobs is in the draft and his name is Marshawn Lloyd.
I am not sure why you would say that.

There is a ton of similarity with Jacobs and Mattison.

One is 5'11 215 , the other is 5'10 223. So, pretty close in body type.
One ran a 4.67 40 and the other a 4.64. So, pretty close in straight speed.
One did the 10 yard split in 1.61 and the other 1.50. So, pretty close in quick get off.
Both had a 35'' vertical. So, the same for jumping ability.

One has a 4.1 average yards per carry lifetime and the other 4.2. One has a 7.4 yards per catch and the other 7.2.

Both show power with agility/quickness but lack elite speed.

I’m sure it was Cadillac who put up 500 yards and 5 TDs vs the team who just hired him.

Propelled one of my teams to the highest score I’ve ever got in a single week

Hopefully he can generate something like that for the Raiders in the near future
You're thinking of Doug Martin. 25 carries for 251 yards and 4 TDs.

Cadillac never played against the Raiders.

I was thinking Murphy too... most mock drafts have him available there and more than a couple us taking him.

I think plan A is to make moves to get a QB. Plan B is if plan A fails see who is at 13 from the QB's and if we like them at all. Plan C may be to look at BPA for a guy like Murphy. Rotate him in with our current stable of DT's.... Maxx and Koonce and hopefully a developed Wilson.

DANG.
My hunch is the Raiders will either trade up in the second if there is a guy they really like, or they will wait and one falls to them in Rd2. I don’t believe they are ready to give up on AOC, nor do I think that uncle Rico is bench fodder. They signed him for a decent chunk of cash.

Jordan Schultz
@Schultz_Report
BREAKING: Free agent RB Alexander Mattison is signing with the #Raiders, sources tell @BleacherReport.Still just 25 years old, Mattison had 17 TDs in five seasons with the #Vikings.

Jordan Schultz
@Schultz_Report
BREAKING: Free agent RB Alexander Mattison is signing with the #Raiders, sources tell @BleacherReport.Still just 25 years old, Mattison had 17 TDs in five seasons with the #Vikings.
I want to see what the deal is before I say I like it but assuming we didn't overpay... I like it. As I already outlined, he is very similar to Josh Jacobs (but perhaps with better hands and less vision). A good compliment to Zeus. Fills a hole where we still have the luxury of drafting a RB if one comes up we like but we don't have to press that and reach because of need.

Users who are viewing this thread