What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 New York Football Giants (hello darkness my old friend) (1 Viewer)

I’d love to see better QB results, but until the OLine gets better results, it won’t matter who is taking snaps. QB is not the priority or limiting factor on this team. I wish it was. People want to blame Jones and forget the historically bad OLine. I’m not sure why.
Hopefully the new OL coach and the addition of solid verterans Eluemunor and Runyan will get the OL up to decent.

Clearly, DJ hasn’t lived up to being drafted #6 overall but I don’t think he is 32nd either.

I’d love to see better QB results, but until the OLine gets better results, it won’t matter who is taking snaps. QB is not the priority or limiting factor on this team. I wish it was. People want to blame Jones and forget the historically bad OLine. I’m not sure why.
Hopefully the new OL coach and the addition of solid verterans Eluemunor and Runyan will get the OL up to decent.

Clearly, DJ hasn’t lived up to being drafted #6 overall but I don’t think he is 32nd either.
I have cautious hope in the new OLine coach. He has to be successful. I agree that jones isnt the 32nd qb in the league. I contend that nobody really can gauge jones yet. He’ll, if you put mahommes behind this line peeps would be calling for the backup.

There is no where to go but up. But that doesn’t mean they will be anywhere near even average. I hope it’s only coaching.

HBO has announced a new Hard Knocks show featuring the offseason of the New York Giants, to premiere July 2nd.

This entirely new series is different from the current Hard Knocks shows, which showcase teams during training camp and the season.

This is the first iteration of Hard Knocks to document the NFL offseason, chronicling the Giants moves from January to July. Cameras were rolling during the offseason — which saw the Giants let Saquon go, trade for Brian Burns, and pick Malik Nabers at No. 6, among many other storylines.

HBO has announced a new Hard Knocks show featuring the offseason of the New York Giants, to premiere July 2nd.

This entirely new series is different from the current Hard Knocks shows, which showcase teams during training camp and the season.

This is the first iteration of Hard Knocks to document the NFL offseason, chronicling the Giants moves from January to July. Cameras were rolling during the offseason — which saw the Giants let Saquon go, trade for Brian Burns, and pick Malik Nabers at No. 6, among many other storylines.

It will be interesting to see how much the Giants reveal about their decision-making process.

The Giants introduce the Century Red uniforms
https://www.giants.com/100/centuryred

They are to be worn twice this season.
The jersey is from the 1933 team
The helmet is from the 1938 team
The pants & socks are from the 1925 team
They could've designed something more contemporary while still incorporating and paying homage to a few recognizable elements of the 80-100 year old uniforms. Instead, they are just downright ugly and embarrassing.

The Giants introduce the Century Red uniforms
https://www.giants.com/100/centuryred

They are to be worn twice this season.
The jersey is from the 1933 team
The helmet is from the 1938 team
The pants & socks are from the 1925 team
They could've designed something more contemporary while still incorporating and paying homage to a few recognizable elements of the 80-100 year old uniforms. Instead, they are just downright ugly and embarrassing.
I understand the idea of trying to incorporate parts of the past. I like the helmet. The Jersey and socks are ok. It's the pants that really make it look horrible.
Here are a couple of "remakes" with different color pants.
Gray pants
Blue pants

I think both these look better than the tan pants

Anyone else not love the Brian Burns trade?
I've been digging deeper looking at his draft profile, stats and rankings and this guy is far from elite.
They paid him like a top 10 Edge Rusher and he is not even close to that ... probabably not even top 20.
Between him and Thibodeaux I would say they are easily the most overated ED duo in the NFL.

I think the Giants could have just used the Battle Red unis, they keep trying to make a red uniform work and it just hasn't.
Giants signed vet CB David Long a couple days back.
https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/giants-sign-db-david-long
Another 5'11 CB, which worries me. They have no 6'2-6'3 guys?
Hawkins is listed at 6'2
Flott is is 6'1
He's 6'2??? Holy crap ... I mean he is near 200 pounds so he has enough bulk, but yikes I thought he was 6' even. I'll have to watch some tape on him and his coverage tendencies then.

Flott is your prototypical tall skinny dude at 175 pounds. He definitely can get bullied unless his technique is sound; happy that he'll get a chance as the #2 guy, Hawkins needs more seasoning.

Anyone else not love the Brian Burns trade?
I've been digging deeper looking at his draft profile, stats and rankings and this guy is far from elite.
They paid him like a top 10 Edge Rusher and he is not even close to that ... probabably not even top 20.
Between him and Thibodeaux I would say they are easily the most overated ED duo in the NFL.
I was definitely surprised that the Giants made that move. Seems like a lot of money to spend for a team who is in a rebuild. But it is a premium position.

They aren’t paying him for what he has done, they are paying him for what they think (hope) he will become. I’m guessing that the Giants think he is about to hit his prime and is ready to become a dominate pass rusher.

Thru five seasons he has averaged 9 sacks per game

Wan'Dale Robinson called a triple threat WR by PFF
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-triple-threat-receivers-amon-ra-st-brown-puka-nacua

While Robinson may not have broken out in his sophomore season in New York despite his increased volume, he did show that he profiles as a crucial piece of this offense moving forward, given his ability to win throughout the play.

Of the six receivers to qualify for this list, Robinson leads the bunch in open-target rate (94.7%) and contested catch rate (80%), placing in the 94th percentile or greater in each facet. Understandably, coverage units had trouble matching up with Robinson’s route-running ability, so contested targets were seldom (just five), but he finished those at a high clip, with only one resulting in an incompletion.

Users who are viewing this thread