What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Offseason IDP Dynasty Rankings (and Free Agent talk) (1 Viewer)

Tick

Footballguy
I'll try to keep updated links to offseason rankings I find.

FBG: Davenport 1/6, Bellefeuil 12/28, Haggan 12/14, Haseley 12/11, Rudnicki 10/27
IDP Show always has a spreadsheet that's up to date with a ranking set. Last update 1/4
IDP Guys: I think I won a subscription for the coming year, but haven't gotten confirmation - if I have it, I'll update with ranking dates.
DLF: Frank G (~12/28), Jason K (~12/30) , Justin T (~12/20): They don't list dates, but they have date filters so I can see when they fall out.
FantasyPros: Mase Riney from Fantasy 6 Pack has a set from 12/20, but the rest are too old to be useful and you have to view 2 at once.
Rotoheat: 1/11 rankings.
Dynasty Nerds has one set from 12/13.
Fantasy In Frames: 1/21
DraftSharks: 1/25

Last edited:
Fantasy and Frames is up but their DL rankings is a little wonky because a lot of the 3-4 OLB types are stuffed at the bottom of the rankings (like JT Watt DL40)

Rotoheat dot com has them by position (on the top banner dynasty ->by position. I tried posting each link earlier and got flagged for spam.

Both of those sets missing Terrel Bernard. I didn't take too much of a look to see who else was missing.

Fantasy and Frames is up but their DL rankings is a little wonky because a lot of the 3-4 OLB types are stuffed at the bottom of the rankings (like JT Watt DL40)

Rotoheat dot com has them by position (on the top banner dynasty ->by position. I tried posting each link earlier and got flagged for spam.

Both of those sets missing Terrel Bernard. I didn't take too much of a look to see who else was missing.
FiF has an August date on their rankings, unless you're finding a different spot than I am. Isaiah Simmons LB18.

Rotoheat - I'll add it. Brave to rank Shaq Leonard LB20.

2 sets of Dynasty rankings set up by FBG's Gary Davenport and Kyle Bellefeuil yesterday in the rankings page, you may need to select them as included rather than the generic consensus. They also include the Rookies!

Last edited:
Figured we could discuss FA signings and moves here:

• Andrew Van Ginkel to Min: Reunited with Flores and should be in line for a huge snap share. I think he is in a great spot in big play scoring leagues and he will be a target of mine
  • Blake Cashman to Min: Also a nice spot for him. Jordan Hicks moved on (CLE) so he should play a lot and put up decent tackle numbers. Not much competition (just Pace) so may be a cheap source of tackles
  • Jordyn Brooks to MIA: Out from Wagner's shadow. Will he be the same after a couple knee/ankle injuries? I will be curious what his price tag in drafts will be. Probably not much room for getting value.
  • Anthony Walker Jr to MIA: Paired up with Brooks now. I have no idea how that plays out.
  • Sione Takitaki to NE: Have no idea if this is good or bad for him. NE will be different with BB gone but will that carry over to substitution and playing time?
  • Jordan Hicks to CLE: Still putting up decent IDP numbers last year when on the field.
  • Brian Burns traded to NYG: What a bookend with Thibs. He should wreak havoc but what does this do to Ojulari's prospects? Probably not good.
  • Azeez Al-Shaair to HOU: Should be on the field a lot on an upcoming defense. I would take a chance here.
  • Leonard Williams resigns with SEA: Still a solid DT option.
  • Yetur Gross-Matos to SF: Gets out of the heavy rotation in Buf but will he get significant time in SF? Should have good matchups opposite Bosa but not sure if I buy in. Depends on price to get him.
  • Marcus Davenport to DET: Talent is there but health is a question. If he stays on the field he should be playable. Should get favorable matchups with Hutch on the other side.
  • Zadarius Smith stays in CLE: May be a bit passed his prime but a decent spot start in big play leagues
  • Frankie Luvu to WAS: Probably more of the same for him. Don't think much changes with this location swap.
  • Xavier McKinney to GB: Seems like it might be a better spot where it's less crowded. But still a DB so who really cares. The kickers of IDP world.
  • Dorance Armstrong to WAS: I really like the player. If he gets a significant snap percentage I will be all over him. Even if his efficiency drops a bit the volume should off set that. He will be a target of mine.

Anybody else?

Last edited:
Figured we could discuss FA signings and moves here:

• Andrew Van Ginkel to Min: Reunited with Flores and should be in line for a huge snap share. I think he is in a great spot in big play scoring leagues and he will be a target of mine
  • Blake Cashman to Min: Also a nice spot for him. Jordan Hicks moved on (CLE) so he should play a lot and put up decent tackle numbers. Not much competition (just Pace) so may be a cheap source of tackles
  • Jordyn Brooks to MIA: Out from Wagner's shadow. Will he be the same after a couple knee/ankle injuries? I will be curious what his price tag in drafts will be. Probably not much room for getting value.
  • Anthony Walker Jr to MIA: Paired up with Brooks now. I have no idea how that plays out.
  • Sione Takitaki to NE: Have no idea if this is good or bad for him. NE will be different with BB gone but will that carry over to substitution and playing time?
  • Jordan Hicks to CLE: Still putting up decent IDP numbers last year when on the field.
  • Brian Burns traded to NYG: What a bookend with Thibs. He should wreak havoc but what does this do to Ojulari's prospects? Probably not good.
  • Azeez Al-Shaair to HOU: Should be on the field a lot on an upcoming defense. I would take a chance here.
  • Leonard Williams resigns with SEA: Still a solid DT option.
  • Yetur Gross-Matos to SF: Gets out of the heavy rotation in Buf but will he get significant time in SF? Should have good matchups opposite Bosa but not sure if I buy in. Depends on price to get him.
  • Marcus Davenport to DET: Talent is there but health is a question. If he stays on the field he should be playable. Should get favorable matchups with Hutch on the other side.
  • Zadarius Smith stays in CLE: May be a bit passed his prime but a decent spot start in big play leagues
  • Frankie Luvu to WAS: Probably more of the same for him. Don't think much changes with this location swap.
  • Xavier McKinney to GB: Seems like it might be a better spot where it's less crowded. But still a DB so who really cares. The kickers of IDP world.
  • Dorance Armstrong to WAS: I really like the player. If he gets a significant snap percentage I will be all over him. Even if his efficiency drops a bit the volume should off set that. He will be a target of mine.

Anybody else?
Leonard Williams staying in SEA - Given how Madubuike broke out in Balt last season from the DT spot, I could see Williams having a similar type of season in that scheme.

• Josey Jewell to Carolina: Pretty great spot with Luvu leaving a void. Just no backups at all there. With Dan Morgan as GM, this seems even better as a target.
  • Lavonte David back in TB: Nice - I wonder who else gets time there - Dennis, Diaby, or a split.
  • Danielle Hunter to HOU: Pretty funny that he and Greenard swapped spots. He's bound to regress, but the spot looks good.
  • Jordan Poyer to MIA: Holland should be deep, so good box opportunity.
  • Jeremy Chinn to WAS: Sounds like Curl will move on, so great spot to slide into for a rebound.
  • Patrick Queen to PIT: They haven't given anyone 90%+ snaps in a long time, might be a bad place to land.
  • Shaq Barrett to MIA: Seems like the magic is gone there. Maybe he rebounds.
  • Kevin Byard to CHI: Hmm - Brisker's a run-stopper, I hope Byard isn't deep.

Regarding Al Shaair, Ryans was looking for his MLB last season, and he coached Al Shaair in SFO - seems like his target.

Some peripheral players affected:
  • Nakobe Dean (PHI) with no new competition.
  • Jamin Davis (WAS) seems to be a dud - they'll do anything to keep him from being their main LB.
  • JOK (CLE) gets Hicks, but loses Takitaki and Walker - seems like he's in line for 3 downs now.
  • Brian Asamoah (MIN) didn't get a free pass to starting LB.
  • SirVocea Dennis (TBB) didn't get a free pass to starting LB.

Last edited:
  • Bobby Wagner to WAS: Hmm - muddies Luvu in Carolina a bit, I guess both can have a high snap count but we'll have to see how it breaks out.
  • Jack Gibbens tendered in TEN: I asked if there was another LB on their roster. I guess there is now.
  • Eric Kendricks to SFO: Bad at first glance, but Greenlaw's achillles injury was so late, maybe he's out for a full season.
  • Eric Kendricks to DAL: Assume LVE retires - I'm not sure how things shake out there with Damone Clark and Kendricks.
With Wagner and Brooks leaving, current Seattle ILB depth:

Last edited:
  • Bobby Wagner to WAS: Hmm - muddies Luvu in Carolina a bit, I guess both can have a high snap count but we'll have to see how it breaks out.
  • Jack Gibbens tendered in TEN: I asked if there was another LB on their roster. I guess there is now.
  • Eric Kendricks to SFO: Bad at first glance, but Greenlaw's achillles injury was so late, maybe he's out for a full season.
  • Eric Kendricks to DAL: Assume LVE retires - I'm not sure how things shake out there with Damone Clark and Kendricks.
Very much their biggest need and a disappointment no signings as of yet.

They have now signed Tyrel Dodson - filled in nicely for Milano last season and was highly rated..I can breathe now, oh and he was on the wire so I snapped him up for Troy Anderson as my 5th LB, I see potential for a lot of tackles in that scheme, and was worth the gamble of dropping Anderson.

Seattle GM talking about where Dodson and Baker will play at LB:

"Per Schneider, both Dodson and Baker have worn the “green dot,” meaning they received play calls from their defensive coordinator and relayed that information to teammates on the field. He also shared where they likely will fit in positionally.

“Jerome right now would be the WILL (weakside linebacker) and Dodson will be the MIKE (middle linebacker). That’s the way the coaches are seeing this,” he said."

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1774...KMiQG6X5ZCJD5x_-okPCcsd0fwHpQBsunmVrJ-I9byUAQ

Seattle GM talking about where Dodson and Baker will play at LB:

"Per Schneider, both Dodson and Baker have worn the “green dot,” meaning they received play calls from their defensive coordinator and relayed that information to teammates on the field. He also shared where they likely will fit in positionally.

“Jerome right now would be the WILL (weakside linebacker) and Dodson will be the MIKE (middle linebacker). That’s the way the coaches are seeing this,” he said."

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1774...KMiQG6X5ZCJD5x_-okPCcsd0fwHpQBsunmVrJ-I9byUAQ
Seattle still prime spot for LB. Not going till 2nd-3rd and 4th but I see 6-8 intriguing prospects(Wilson, Cooper, Trotter, Colson, Gray, Eichenberg, Wallace, Laitui) and this is spot where role to starter is not too difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread