What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2024 Pittsburgh Steelers: Pittsburgh to host 2026 NFL Draft (1 Viewer)

If the Steelers really want to max Russ' production they should make a strong offer (3rd rounder) to the Broncos for WR Courtland Sutton. Those two accounted for 10 TD's last season and Sutton was the only non-checkdown target Wilson ever really trusted.
Sutton gets zero separation at this point. His only production last year came on contested redzone catches and broken coverage.

If the Steelers really want to max Russ' production they should make a strong offer (3rd rounder) to the Broncos for WR Courtland Sutton. Those two accounted for 10 TD's last season and Sutton was the only non-checkdown target Wilson ever really trusted.
I don't know if Denver will deal Sutton, they traded Jeudy,
My understanding is that he is no longer being "actively shopped" now that Jeudy is gone. Denver no longer has '24 cap space problems; less desperation.

Given the FA moves the Broncos have made thus far it is clear they are in rebuild mode.

IMO Sutton would be let go at the right price to make way for WR's fitting the younger, cheaper, ascending profile consistent with Denver's other FA moves to date

Sutton gets zero separation at this point. His only production last year came on contested redzone catches and broken coverage.
Disagree with what this implies (that he is somehow washed up). Sutton is just fine and in fact last year looked very close to 2019 form.

If not, then Payton wouldn't have hesitated to simply cut him just like they did with Justin Simmons and Wilson himself.

More often, Russ bailed on the pocket before routes could develop and/or was not skilled at anticipating throwing windows.

Last edited:
Disagree with what this implies (that he is somehow washed up). Sutton is just fine and in fact last year looked very close to 2019 form.

If not, then Payton wouldn't have hesitated to simply cut him just like they did with Justin Simmons and Wilson himself.

More often, Russ bailed on the pocket before routes could develop and/or was not skilled at anticipating throwing windows.
Not sure what the link here says, but it seems to imply his separation in general wasn’t good, and specifically it was far worse vs man than Zone.

Not sure what the link here says, but it seems to imply his separation in general wasn’t good, and specifically it was far worse vs man than Zone.

I wouldn't dispute that he was much better vs. zone. Where I'm coming from is the more intangible (and elusive) QB-WR chemistry.

IMO that is well supported by the contested catch aspect you pointed out. Russ simply trusted him to make plays and Sutton most often came through.

All good. Not looking to sell anyone. Just thought it would be a win-win scenario given how PIT seems to be in "win-now" mode vs. DEN rebuilding.

PFF
Elliott has solid range as a free safety and is a reliable last line of defense as a sound tackler in the run game, even if he may not always come up to make defensive stops consistently. Elliott has played some nickel and more down in the box in past seasons, as well, and he is a master of none but solid at everything

I wouldn't dispute that he was much better vs. zone. Where I'm coming from is the more intangible (and elusive) QB-WR chemistry.

IMO that is well supported by the contested catch aspect you pointed out. Russ simply trusted him to make plays and Sutton most often came through.

All good. Not looking to sell anyone. Just thought it would be a win-win scenario given how PIT seems to be in "win-now" mode vs. DEN rebuilding.
Makes sense. Good back and forth.

And older slower inferior versions of Pickens. Hard pass.

And older slower inferior versions of Pickens. Hard pass.
Exactly what I was going to say - the Steelers already have Pickens so Sutton is redundant.

don't the Steelers kind of have to sign Conner Williams? that's likely a good thing. i know about the injuries. he wouldn't be an option otherwise.

very likely Powers-johnson, Barton and Fraizer are gone before pick 2/51

no thanks to 31inch arm Van Pran.

so then you have what, developmental Hunter Nourzad in the 6th?

Last edited:
don't the Steelers kind of have to sign Conner Williams? that's likely a good thing. i know about the injuries. he wouldn't be an option otherwise.

I think they are not averse to drafting a center in the first round.

I have to assume that they have been checking in on Williams, but I wonder what his status actually is as far as recovery goes. I can't recall when he actually popped the ACL.

I think they are not averse to drafting a center in the first round.

I have to assume that they have been checking in on Williams, but I wonder what his status actually is as far as recovery goes. I can't recall when he actually popped the ACL.
It’s been about 90 days since he got hurt.

Just saw Corey Davis is getting reinstated. That's someone I'd keep an eye on for us.
Why? He kinda sucked didn't he?
Extreme need at WR, doubt most people could name 3 WR’s on the team without looking it up. Non-diva approach, one of better perimeter blocking WR’s, an ideal fit for an Arthur Smith offense even if he was not already familiar with playing in it already where he enjoyed by far the best season of his career.

Just saw Corey Davis is getting reinstated. That's someone I'd keep an eye on for us.
Extreme need at WR, doubt most people could name 3 WR’s on the team without looking it up. Non-diva approach, one of better perimeter blocking WR’s, an ideal fit for an Arthur Smith offense even if he was not already familiar with playing in it already where he enjoyed by far the best season of his career.
Why did he retire?

Why did he retire?
Don’t know or recall.

Perhaps did not like changes in NY with Rodgers bringing his band from GB, Lazard specifically given a load of money to do similar role, Hackett as his OC. Went to camp, was not feeling it and hung it up. Maybe was something else, can’t say.

Why did he retire?
Don’t know or recall.

Perhaps did not like changes in NY with Rodgers bringing his band from GB, Lazard specifically given a load of money to do similar role, Hackett as his OC. Went to camp, was not feeling it and hung it up. Maybe was something else, can’t say.

interesting:

Davis, who signed with the Jets in 2021 after four seasons with the Tennessee Titans, decided to quit under mysterious circumstances. He played in the second preseason game, took a 10-day personal leave and then announced on Instagram that he was leaving the sport. He never said why, and he never used the word "retirement."

He walked away from a non-guaranteed salary of $10.5 million, although the Jets were expected to request a pay cut. That, coupled with a suddenly crowded receiving corps, might have pushed him away, teammates said. The Jets had acquired Lazard, Randall Cobb and Mecole Hardman in free agency, creating uncertainty about Davis' role.

Davis was a big-ticket addition, signing a three-year, $37.5 million contract in 2021, but he didn't live up to expectations. He battled injuries and his production was affected -- only 66 receptions, 1,028 yards and 6 touchdowns in two seasons.

Davis was drafted fifth overall by the Titans in 2017.

This is the first move I kind of question. Not sure how good Jackson is though. Can he man the slot?

When Cleveland gave up what they did for Jeudy I was worried DJ wouldn’t bring a lot.
I still can't tell you how good Jackson is but it does not look like we got much back for DJ because it appears he was a give away and Carolina they were going to cut him if they did not trade him.

I don't think I like this trade right now, hope they got a plan at WR.

https://twitter.com/josephperson
Jackson allowed a 100.4 QB rating, 5 touchdowns and 70.7 percent completion rate in coverage over the last two seasons.
Maybe he will be better playing for a team with a better pass rush?

Im still not convinced they wont try to bring back Robinson to fill that role.

There were reports practically right up until the moment he was cut there was mutual interest in working out something to reduce his salary. He liked playing for Tomlin, they liked what he brought to the locker room.

Im sure his camp is reading tea leaves too; he's 30+ coming of a few down years, he wasnt guaranteed much money for '24 anyway IIRC, there's a pile of WRs in this draft class, etc, etc.

I don't think anybody else has signed him yet, but I haven't checked honestly. Who knows?

If you see these press conferences, you know that unless he commits a first degree felony, Tomlin is a Steeler for as long as he wants to be one.

Last edited:
Im still not convinced they wont try to bring back Robinson to fill that role.
I agree, he's a fit for the similar reasons that Davis is, both very willing blockers which I hate to keep bringing up but I think it's what Arthur likes and I'd imagine Wiedl was the reason we got AROB in the first place.

Obviously we don't need A WR, we need a few of them, at least 2 but probably 3 via draft and FA.

Haven't heard much about Boyd of late. Potential trade talks around Aiyuk maybe.

I love Aiyuk's game, but I just can't believe SF would do that. Unless someone was ridiculously willing to overpay.

I'd still be fine with Boyd as the 2nd/3rd WR and "slot" dude. But, it's one thing to say "hey, I'd love to come finish up my career at home" and another to a) maybe take less than you'd want to do it if you think it's your last decent contract, or b) maybe not be keen on the brand of offense you'd be joining. Hard to say what's most important to him without being in his head, I suppose. Just baselessly speculating cuz I can.

Seems he and his camp are "thoroughly exploring all options" or he'd already have likely signed someplace (or he's overestimating his value). He's still got something left in the tank, so I can't imagine there aren't multiple suitors. I recall the Chiefs at least being rumored to be in on him too earlier in the week, so with them going the Hollywood route that may speed things up a bit with him if true?

Obviously we don't need A WR, we need a few of them, at least 2 but probably 3 via draft and FA.

Yep, exactly. It's why I haven't totally written off the idea they'd bring him back as the "3b/4a" type veteran guy. Grab a couple lower-profile FA vets, then spend an early-ish pick on a young guy they like to develop along with Pickens/Austin.

I think they sign a guy like Boyd, Reynolds, or Davis. A trade is unlikely in my mind. Then also bring back Robinson and draft WR at some point.

My fear is they only bring back Robinson, draft wr early and dumpster dive or somehow use 2 picks on wr when we have too many holes.

If the Steelers can parlay those draft picks into Justin fields then literally you have a Kenny for Justin deal. Ok I can dream here.

But let me say this something fishy is going on in Chicago. They haven't traded Justin and it makes me wonder if they are trying to drive up the price for Caleb while holding onto Justin.

This from a developing article at cbs sports. Is that right?

The Eagles are sending a 2024 third-round pick to the Steelers in exchange for Pickett, a 2024 fourth-rounder and two 2025 seventh-rounders.

If the Steelers can parlay those draft picks into Justin fields then literally you have a Kenny for Justin deal. Ok I can dream here.

But let me say this something fishy is going on in Chicago. They haven't traded Justin and it makes me wonder if they are trying to drive up the price for Caleb while holding onto Justin.
There were better options available, now the market is settling.

Schefter:

Trade terms, per sources:

🏈Steelers get pick No. 98 and two 2025 7th-round picks.

🏈Eagles get QB Kenny Pickett and No. 120.

It’s a similar value to Washington got for Sam Howell.

Users who are viewing this thread