What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2024 Pittsburgh Steelers: Decline 5th year options for Harris and Fields (4 Viewers)

pghrob Leeroy tends to have a pathway to valuable insight that in most cases probably will not be public knowledge.

Here's what I was able to find link below.
According to a report, Pickett had no interest in competing with Wilson for the starting quarterback job because he felt like it was inevitable that he was going to lose. Pickett, as a result, requested a trade.

Also, it's pretty damning that KP didn't want to dress as an emergency week 17 QB. There was speculation going around in Pittsburgh at the time. But in my mind the Steeler's, Dulac and others didn't let the cat out of the bag. Mark Madden reported that Kenny didn't want to dress. But people tend to look at Mark as a blow hard and tend to not believe him at times. Now with Kenny being traded it's come out that he didn't want to dress.

So, Kenny Boo Hoo Pickett who has the worst TD to pass ratio in NFL history. Not only was he coming off entitled he was also coming off delusional. Good riddance!
Mark Madden is a blowhard. And Dulac carries the water for the Steelers. Remember it was just a few weeks ago where he said the Steelers wouldn't sign any QB who wants to start and they had complete faith in/were committed to Pickett. Now he's singing a different tune.

And take it for what it's worth re: week 17: https://dkpittsburghsports.com/2024...y-steelers-penguins-pirates-friday-insider-dk

But Kenny does come off looking entitled in any regard. When asked last year if he learned anything by watching Mason: NO. Even if he didn't it's the wrong answer. And now that they signed someone who would have an edge at the #1 he gets fed up and asks for a trade rather than competing. Oh well, enjoy the view from the sidelines next year and the next and so on.

I keep thinking about this. If Pickett had just been a good teammate/NFL citizen, he coulda stayed quiet & would have only had to beat out a seemingly washed Russel Wilson.

Russell Wilson, who it’s worth pointing out, the Steelers have virtually nothing invested in.

Now he might be a cutdown casualty if the Eagles decide Mariota is a better backup. In which case Pickett is…flipping burgers at Denny’s?

Never mind, MM is gone to WAS. Life comes at ya fast.

Mind bogglingly poor judgement on his part if reports are true.
It's crazy because in Pittsburgh he could have easily been competing for a starting job if Wilson fell flat. In Philly, he has no shot barring injury. Maybe he thought that by opening his mouth the Steelers would trade him to a team that needed a QB? There aren't too many of those where Pickett would be the frontrunner. Now he's screwed.

My understanding is Tomlin spoke to him, KP trade demand made on the phone, Tomlin said no and that he was flying to Florida to meet in person. KP and his agent threw a multiple day hissy fit with some very unprofessional threats, and Rooney finally relented that his forced drafting of him was a mistake.

My understanding is Tomlin spoke to him, KP trade demand made on the phone, Tomlin said no and that he was flying to Florida to meet in person. KP and his agent threw a multiple day hissy fit with some very unprofessional threats, and Rooney finally relented that his forced drafting of him was a mistake.
Sounds like KP was leveraging whatever he had hoping to keep the QB position in complete mediocrity with him at the helm and didn't want competition. Regardless of what was promised to him. Every NFL team will try to make their team better. In the Steeler's case they just happened to fall into a low salary decision with minimal risk with RW. Signing RW was a no brainer at his salary regardless of his age and/or prima donna mentality. RW has his potentially last chance here. Will be interesting to see how he performs and interacts with teammates.

"Dear Art II,

We were encouraged to hear you owning up to your mistake of "not passing on Dan Marino twice" back in '22 (You were never in any danger of that, btw, so congrats, I guess?).

In closing, scouts are friends and please keep your wang in your pants on draft day going foward.

- a Concerned Citizen"

It is pretty hilarious. He had a chance to compete with Wilson, who probably is a 1yr rental (or was). And now he has a 0% chance to start barring injury.

The way Picket responded to impending signing of Wilson (and not to mentioned last year's debacle on emergency QB) made him sound like sore loser and probably real pathetic at it. If the open competition cannot lit a 🔥 on his *** (or his prick), then nothing does.

If anything, he will soon learn to appreciate Steelers' org stability and less pressure since now Eagles' coaching staff may be tenuous at best with even higher pressure.

I sincerely hope Steelers do trade for Justin Fields (perhaps giving up lower than 4th round pick) and make him learn from Wilson.

When asked last year if he learned anything by watching Mason: NO. Even if he didn't it's the wrong answer.
I remember when Rudolph got some early run due to injury to Roethlisberger. He did poorly & I happened to catch a discussion about the team on the NFL Network. Again, this is going back, it was noted that NO resources had gone into Rudolph's development. It came out this past year there wasn't a positive rapport between the two, according to Rudolph. Really liked him when he came out, prototypical size for more of a pocket passer with a big arm. I still think he could be a guy, just wish he had ended up with a Sean McVay or Kevin O'Connell. In TEN he's clearly the backup to Levis. Like him too but if he struggles, Rudolph might get the best look he's had. Here with Pickett, when how it's gone for Rudolph is considered, whining his @$$ off like he did, I don't know.

I'll give Mason credit regardless of what you think of him as a player. Mason to me appeared to be a model citizen. Didn't complain in his first few years when Ben practically ignored him. Going through the whole Myles G debacle. Then being the afterthought QB the past 2 years. December 23rd Steeler's beat the Bengals and as he walks of the field the fans serenaded him.

This is what I think of when I think of Kenny. 🤏 (Kenny not only has the smallest hands in the NFL but also the smallest mind. Because his situation worsened)

Fields!

Hopefully everyone has their expectations in check

Agreed, but jeezuz....how much better does that qb room look after the last 6 days? Even with only two rostered.

Still not keen on Artie as OC at all, but at least they arent going to try and ram a square/tiny handed peg into a round hole on top of it.

Now do you add Tannehill or draft a high risk high upside QB in the middle rounds. I personally like the latter.

Camp is going to be interesting, but I think they will the a 2 QB system here..Wilson may start, but no way Fields with his talent isn't used.

Camp is going to be interesting, but I think they will the a 2 QB system here..Wilson may start, but no way Fields with his talent isn't used.

I could see that. RZ/SY packages for JF, etc.

And if Russ falters at all, they arent back to dreaming on Not Dan Marino.

What I heard way back when, was that the steelers had a trade in place with the chargers to take Fields if he fell to them. Tomlin has wanted him for years.

A 2025 6th??? Wow!
it can be moved up a 4th based on playing time.

Can the Steelers negotiate a new contract with Fields, or is the 5th year option or nothing?

Could see a throwback O'Donnell/Kordell slash usage. Sneaky way to leverage Fields rushing ability and force defenses to game plan defending additional packages.

Users who are viewing this thread