What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (3 Viewers)

Next Gen Stats
The Eagles had four different pass rushers generate at least 6 pressures; all four had a pass rush get-off of 0.75 seconds or quicker.

Josh Sweat led the group with a career-high 9 pressures.

#WASvsPHI | #FlyEaglesFly

Jalen Carter (6 pressures today) has at least 4 pressures in every game of his career so far.

Carter leads all defensive tackles in pressures (21), pressure rate (21.2%, min. 60 pass rushes) and pass rush get-off (0.78 seconds) entering the late afternoon slate.

#FlyEaglesFly

Chiefs may have killed my by no-showing against the Jets.

Seems like the streamer's dream of picking up the same team for 2 consecutive weeks rarely works.

Who we got for Week 5?
  • Det v Car
  • Wash v. Chi
  • Mia v NYG
  • NYJ @ Den
  • GB @ LV
  • NO @ NE
  • Indy v Tenn
  • Cinci @ Ari
My first thought is Washington. They have an incredibly talented d-line, Young looks like he's rounding into form and Fields gives up a lot of sacks & TOs.

DET might be best available on my wire if I don't hold on to KC vs Minny
I'm thinking of holding on to KC in the league where I have them. They had a bad game (against Zack Wilson!) but I still think they're pretty good. Minnesota scores a lot but also turns the ball over a lot.

DET might be best available on my wire if I don't hold on to KC vs Minny
I'm thinking of holding on to KC in the league where I have them. They had a bad game (against Zack Wilson!) but I still think they're pretty good. Minnesota scores a lot but also turns the ball over a lot.
I'm dumping KC.

Wouldn't mind getting both DET and WASH.

Wash has a mouth watering schedule: CHI, @ATL, @NYG.

Was busy Sunday morning wasn’t able to monitor GTD; rolled with the Chiefs v Zach Wilson (oops) instead of switching to Ravens v DTR - 18 point differential, cost me the win.

Like the Chiefs LT outlook for their DST but not this week (@ Vikings) - could be a track meet.

Lions are (-9) at home v Panthers looks good. Carolina looks pretty hapless, did Frank Reich forget how to coach? Stroud and AR outplaying Bryce by a good margin. Lions seem like the chalk play amongst lightly held teams.

Ravens have another AFC North matchup v a struggling QB. Probably roll with BAL.

Was busy Sunday morning wasn’t able to monitor GTD; rolled with the Chiefs v Zach Wilson (oops) instead of switching to Ravens v DTR - 18 point differential, cost me the win.

Like the Chiefs LT outlook for their DST but not this week (@ Vikings) - could be a track meet.

Lions are (-9) at home v Panthers looks good. Carolina looks pretty hapless, did Frank Reich forget how to coach? Stroud and AR outplaying Bryce by a good margin. Lions seem like the chalk play amongst lightly held teams.

Ravens have another AFC North matchup v a struggling QB. Probably roll with BAL.
Dumping KC for the following in order:

1. DET vs CAR-- Look for real. Great matchup against CAR at home.

2. Miami vs NYG -- A terrible D/great matchup situation. (And these usually burn me). Although I don't think Mia D is as bad as what they showed against BUF. At home in the heat, against what looks to be a dreadful offense...even with Barkley (who may be limited)...like my chances.

3. WASH vs CHI - Short week. Home. Fields a sack machine.

If those three are grabbed I'll have to look at Indy (TN), HOU (@ATL), or maybe AZ (Cinci).

So, what are Cowboys Def/ST owners doing about them this week?
Also have the Saints (dynasty league) so probably rolling with them, but it’s very very close.

Yeah, I can probably grab either Detroit or Washington off the WW tonight but I hate rostering 2 defenses. I'm leaning grabbing Detroit though. In this league, defense points are premium and Detroit's schedule aligns well with Dallas', especially at the end of the year. We'll see how the cards fall...

Retain Jacksonville through their game with Buffalo and roster two Ds this week, or dump them? Cut to pick another team up may not be pretty

3. WASH vs CHI - Short week. Home. Fields a sack machine.
Bears
Falcons
Giants

Not a bad next 3 weeks
Dropped the Saints in two leagues for Wash for this reason. Also because I’m starting to think that the Saints are a better real life defense than a havoc causing fantasy defense.

I’m certain this will be the week the Saints will go off this week though, now that I dropped them.

Buffalo was dropped last week due to Miami game. I put a substantial faab bid on them as their next 7 games are excellent matchups. Still missed.

Missed Miami.

Missed Detroit by $1.

Washington it is.

Think the Bills DST will still be elite for fantasy with Tre'Davious White done for the season? Or would anyone who doesn't have Dallas rather stream week to week at this point?

Someone in my league dropped the Bills for the Lions and I'm thinking about snatching them up.

Think the Bills DST will still be elite for fantasy with Tre'Davious White done for the season? Or would anyone who doesn't have Dallas rather stream week to week at this point?

Someone in my league dropped the Bills for the Lions and I'm thinking about snatching them up.
Their schedule over the next 7 weeks is really juicy. They got dropped for the Miami game last week and I tried to get them, but didn't push enough FAAB out there, even though I thought I bid high.

Jax in London, which seem to mirror thursday clunky low scoring games at times
Vs NYG which just got destroyed by seattle
@ NE which just got destroyed by dallas
TB
@ Cin will Burrow be right by then?
Den
NYJ

Then @ philly, then a bye, then @KC, Vs Dal, @ LAC

So looks like if you get them you can pretty easily set and forget up to that Philly game and then hope to choose a better defense for the upcoming playoff weeks if you are in the hunt.

Picked up Lions

Debating DET v CAR
or
BAL @ PIT
They happen to be around in a few of mine and with little I am interested in at the main skill spots, I'm gonna grab them on the 1st pass
Gotta love the match up this week

I used Washington once, would definitely think about them this weekend
Not sure Miami is a great play, yes they might be the Giants but their defense looks hideous at times and Dabol was a Miami coach and passed over for HC, he's got motive on Sunday

Miami actually is a better defense than get credit for they have 9 sacks and 5 turnovers through 5 games and have been missing key starters.

They were very good in 2 and bad in 2 games. The bad were against chargers week 1 with Ekeler and the Bills last week.
They have also been playing without Jaelen Philips who might be back as well.

The matchup is too juicy and I am sure after the blow out to Bills they will be hunting.

I am calling Dolphins win by over 30 with Giants getting 13 or less points.
5+ sacks 2+ turnovers
And possibly 1 defensive score.

Miami actually is a better defense than get credit for they have 9 sacks and 5 turnovers through 5 games and have been missing key starters.

They were very good in 2 and bad in 2 games. The bad were against chargers week 1 with Ekeler and the Bills last week.
They have also been playing without Jaelen Philips who might be back as well.

The matchup is too juicy and I am sure after the blow out to Bills they will be hunting.

I am calling Dolphins win by over 30 with Giants getting 13 or less points.
5+ sacks 2+ turnovers
And possibly 1 defensive score.

I’m 5/5 dolphins this week. Kinda had the same thoughts so I hope you’re right

Whelp Indy didn't workout last week so going to give the Commanders a try this week.
I thought there was someone in here that mentioned the Colts DST schedule as being easy once they get past the Rams but could not find the post maybe I read it elsewhere. I looked into it and just referred to an article tho to justify it. https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2023-nfl-strength-of-schedule/.

I think Colts should be picking up steam. They will have a team set to run and eat up the clock and want to keep scores low and grind out games against bad teams. Should be good.

WeeksMatchup
5Ten
6@Jax
7Cle
8NO
9@Car
10@NE
11BYE
12TB
13@Ten
14@Cin
15Pit
16@Atl
17LV
18Hou

Losing Tre definitely hurts, BUT, the Bills have the highest pressure rate in the league despite blitzing at the lowest percentage. They lead the league in sacks. They get Von Miller back likely within the next 2 weeks. The D seems pretty legit.

Whelp Indy didn't workout last week so going to give the Commanders a try this week.
Whelp...
I’m right there with you.

I’ve been so bad at streaming this year. I’ve streamed a negative scoring defense 3 times in 5 weeks.
Now the question is the Commanders have the Falcons and Giants coming up. Are they a hold? Did the Bears just get a Butkus Bump?
I’m just even more upset that I just missed out on the Bills juicy 7 game schedule with my Tuesday FAAB bid.

I should have uncorked a little more. I was $6 short.

Users who are viewing this thread