What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (4 Viewers)

Even where I grabbed a decent Defense for most weeks, I'm still starting Washington at home vs whatever QB the Cards are throwing at them.
I expect some poor offense from the Cardinals in the coming weeks

My 2nd nominee and will be rolling them out in a few leagues, the Jacksonville Jaguars vs ARich in his 1st NFL regular season game leading the Colts, should turn the ball over at least a couple times, hoping the Jaguars can exploit a rookie 1st time out.

My 2nd nominee and will be rolling them out in a few leagues, the Jacksonville Jaguars vs ARich in his 1st NFL regular season game leading the Colts, should turn the ball over at least a couple times, hoping the Jaguars can exploit a rookie 1st time out.
I kind of disagree with this. I think Indy has an advantage that there is almost zero real game tape on Richardson and only some understanding how Stichen is going to call plays. I think until week 3-5 before teams are really able to game plan for Indy offense.

I kind of disagree with this. I think Indy has an advantage that there is almost zero real game tape on Richardson and only some understanding how Stichen is going to call plays. I think until week 3-5 before teams are really able to game plan for Indy offense.
PFF rating in the preseason was 52
13-29-145 yds-1 Interception and 7/45 on the ground
Sign me up

He can go 12-24-150-Int-Ret TD, 10/70/TD on the ground and people will be High 5'ing
I think the Jags have an excellent chance to win the game and manage to rack up some points on defense
I don't see Indy scoring a lot of points in the coming weeks down an All Pro RB with a rookie under center.

But I could be wrong, lot of folks are excited about ARich, even in redraft which I find strange but we'll see how it shakes out.
Both Young and Stroud scored around 61-62 on PFF so not light years better than what ARich showed in his 2 appearances

Should the Steelers D be avoided in week 1? I love the talent on the D, but the 9ers don't seem like a great matchup. Weeks 2-4 look much better for them with vs CLE, @ LV, @ HOU.

DST scoring is really overpowered in my dynasty league. To the point that I'm being negligent only rostering Dallas.

The following are available:

Seattle
Cleveland

Carolina
Tennessee
Tampa Bay
NY Giants
Houston
Indianapolis
Arizona
Chicago
Las Vegas

Am I correct to identify Cleveland and Seattle as the standouts from this group or should I give others consideration?

Has the DTBC article been posted yet? I've been looking for it but don't see one.
No, I remember asking about this towards the end of August last year and it was promptly added but it's even later this year, seems strange with so many drafts already having happened.

The Saints have a solid defense and nice seemingly soft opening schedule to hopefully set it and forget it for the first half of the year if you don't want to be bothered with playing the wire weekly to begin. You'll at least be able to learn if they are good against fairly new and bad QBS pretty quick.

Vs, TN
@ CAR
@ GB
Vs TB
@ NE
@ Hou
Vs Jax
@ Ind
Vs Chi
@ MN
BYE

The Saints have a solid defense and nice seemingly soft opening schedule to hopefully set it and forget it for the first half of the year if you don't want to be bothered with playing the wire weekly to begin. You'll at least be able to learn if they are good against fairly new and bad QBS pretty quick.

Vs, TN
@ CAR
@ GB
Vs TB
@ NE
@ Hou
Vs Jax
@ Ind
Vs Chi
@ MN
BYE
In my league we have transaction limits and then free agent acquisition costs. So most team carry two Ds throughout the season. I paired NO with Cleveland and their schedules aligned very well. For some reason, FBGs doesn't have the DBBC article out yet but, in terms of sharing a possible option for others, that is what I did.

Vs, TN
@ CAR
@ GB
Vs TB
@ NE
@ Hou
Vs Jax
@ Ind
Vs Chi
@ MN
BYE

IDK if the Saints have a good D or not; they certainly have a defensive minded HC. But translating their schedule to opposing starting quarterbacks is interesting...

Week 1: Ryan Tannehill
Week 2: Bryce Young (R)
Week 3: Jordan Love
Week 4: Baker Mayfield
Week 5: Mac Jones
Week 6: CJ Stroud (R)
Week 7: Trevor Lawrence
Week 8: Anthony Richardson (R)
Week 9: Justin Fields
Week 10: Kirk Cousins
Week 11: Bye
Week 12: Desmond Ridder
Week 13: Jared Goff
Week 14: Bryce Young (R)
Week 15: Daniel Jones
Week 16: Matthew Stafford
Week 17: Baker Mayfield
Week 18: Desmond Ridder

You could throw Vikings hosting the Baker Mayfield-led Bucs in with the above group, if you could stomach it. That is one lousy defense, but playing at home, with Cousins and the offense pushing the pedal to the metal from start to finish, forcing the Bucs to play catch-up football the whole game, ought to yield plenty of sacks and mistakes to be taken advantage of. Legit shot at a pick-6 here, which is the holy grail of most D/ST scoring systems.

Top 3 Defenses I'm looking to land in drafts are the Niners (obviously), the Ravens, and the Saints. Per Alex Caruso:

Saints DST still available in 30% of leagues. It should be 100% given their first 6 weeks:
W1: Titans
W2: Panthers
W3: Packers
W4: Bucs
W5: Patriots
W6: Texans

Good matchups> everything for DSTs

Has the DTBC article been posted yet? I've been looking for it but don't see one.

@Joe Bryant any update on this article

Sorry but we won't be able to do this one this year. We'll have full Defensive Rankings of course on the site and then weekly rankings each week. We ran out of time for this year and will try to plan better for the future.

Last edited:
Ended up picking the Jets cause I know they're a good real life defense, but their schedule is pretty brutal to start the season. Going to just drop them and stream I guess.

Projecting the Best and Worst NFL Defenses in 2023
Little slipup in his coverage of the worst team. Arizona plays Washington week 1. Thanks for the link, though.

32. Arizona Cardinals – Worst defense in NFL​

The Arizona Cardinals have the worst NFL defense in 2023 and it will ve evident in Week 1 against the Seattle Seahawks.

Monitor the Seahawks injury report. Lost both offensive tackles Sunday.

Hutch had a career high 7 pressures, personal 2nd best ever get off reaction time of 0.55 seconds, James Houston IV had a 30% pass rush win rate, and as a team the Lions forced 17 hurries on Mahomes.

Home opener; franchise sold out their season tickets for the first time in their 90 year history. During TC, their was a queue of 5K waiting in the rain to get into Allen Park to watch practice. This is the most anticipated Lions season on record. Ford Field is going to be loud af.

This is always the most important thread on this site for me each season since I almost never draft a DST and stream every year. Got to admit though, this is the first time in a while I’m envious of the people who spent draft capital on the cowboys, after seeing my 9th and 10th round picks bust. Maybe a different strategy for me to try in future years. But actually, Dallas has a rough fantasy playoffs schedule so I’m not too sad about it.

Going to have some decisions to make today if I’m going to drop wash for the lions, browns, or saints.

Users who are viewing this thread