What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (4 Viewers)

Cleveland and the NYJ were available on waivers for some reason. So I grabbed them both. They pair oh so well together all the way through the playoffs so looks like I’m a two team defense guy now.

Cleveland likely dropped due to fear in San Francisco game and Jets dropped ahead of their bye.

Was surprised I got Cleveland with the 12 waiver as they’ve been pretty good.

Last edited:
Cleveland and the NYJ were available on waivers for some reason. So I grabbed them both. They pair oh so well together all the way through the playoffs so looks like I’m a two team defense guy now.

Cleveland likely dropped due to fear in San Francisco game and Jets dropped ahead of their bye.

they seem to be a better NFL defense than a fantasy defense

Just added Cleveland for this week and holding onto Baltimore.
Was lucky to grab them. Everyone went else went with the matchups (Wash, LV).

I watched that SF game. This D is legit. I've got to think some turnovers and TDs are coming. Unless they reverse course this week against Minshew, this could be a season long hold.

Look at the fantasy playoff matchups.
Best part is their bye is behind them so potentially a set and forget if we are lucky.

Feel this is just unlucky.

Watched that SF game and I was amazed how all of the SF weapons were absolutely smothered. Balls clanging off hands.

Think the turnovers and TDs are coming. There's going to be an avalanche one of these weeks...especially if Watson gets back, the offense gets more in a groove, and offenses actually have to play catchup.

TB a decent pickup to cover Dal bye?
They got rookie DL Calijah Kancey back last week, and it looks like he's going to be a beast. He's been out since the middle of the Vikings game week 1. I think they're a good play. They're already a pretty good defense and I wouldn't be surprised if they level up a bit with Kancey healthy.

BAL + CLE is looking like a good pairing for the next 4 weeks. If the Browns D continue to play at a high level you could drop the Ravens after Week 10 & find another dance partner for Weeks 13 & 14.

WEEK
BALTIMORE
CLEVELAND
7.​
Detroit​
at Indianapolis
8.​
at Arizona
at Seattle​
9.​
Seattle​
Arizona
10.​
Cleveland
at Baltimore​
11.​
Cincinnati​
Pittsburgh
12.​
at Los Angeles Chargers​
at Denver
13.​
bye​
at Los Angeles Rams​
14.​
Los Angeles Rams​
Jacksonville​
15.​
at Jacksonville​
Chicago
16.​
at San Francisco​
at Houston
17.​
Miami​
New York Jets

BAL + CLE is looking like a good pairing for the next 4 weeks. If the Browns D continue to play at a high level you could drop the Ravens after Week 10 & find another dance partner for Weeks 13 & 14.

WEEK
BALTIMORE
CLEVELAND
7.​
Detroit​
at Indianapolis
8.​
at Arizona
at Seattle​
9.​
Seattle​
Arizona
10.​
Cleveland
at Baltimore​
11.​
Cincinnati​
Pittsburgh
12.​
at Los Angeles Chargers​
at Denver
13.​
bye​
at Los Angeles Rams​
14.​
Los Angeles Rams​
Jacksonville​
15.​
at Jacksonville​
Chicago
16.​
at San Francisco​
at Houston
17.​
Miami​
New York Jets
Without doubt want to hold CLE D now for weeks 15-17.

Really, this D may be so good that it will be tough to bench them for a streamer unless it is a no brainer slam dunk matchup.

WEEK
BALTIMORE
CLEVELAND
7.​
Detroit​
at Indianapolis
8.​
at Arizona
at Seattle​
9.​
Seattle​
Arizona
10.​
Cleveland
at Baltimore​
11.​
Cincinnati​
Pittsburgh
12.​
at Los Angeles Chargers​
at Denver
13.​
bye​
at Los Angeles Rams​
14.​
Los Angeles Rams​
Jacksonville​
15.​
at Jacksonville​
Chicago
16.​
at San Francisco​
at Houston
17.​
Miami​
New York Jets

Really, this D may be so good that it will be tough to bench them for a streamer unless it is a no brainer slam dunk matchup.
Fantasy-wise, the Raiders D has outperformed Browns D in each of the last two games. Raiders face an undrafted rookie QB for the Bears this week.

I ended up getting the Steelers for 6/100 and Browns for 2/100 this waiver wire. I was so sick of picking bad D's each week and getting 1-4 points consistently.

WEEK
BALTIMORE
CLEVELAND
7.​
Detroit​
at Indianapolis
8.​
at Arizona
at Seattle​
9.​
Seattle​
Arizona
10.​
Cleveland
at Baltimore​
11.​
Cincinnati​
Pittsburgh
12.​
at Los Angeles Chargers​
at Denver
13.​
bye​
at Los Angeles Rams​
14.​
Los Angeles Rams​
Jacksonville​
15.​
at Jacksonville​
Chicago
16.​
at San Francisco​
at Houston
17.​
Miami​
New York Jets

Fantasy-wise, the Raiders D has outperformed Browns D in each of the last two games. Raiders face an undrafted rookie QB for the Bears this week.
Can't argue with that. LV D seems like it could be a tad better than advertised. No doubt a decent play in what should be a grind it out game.

I've said it elsewhere, CLE has been unlucky in the TO and TD department. You watch that D and you understand that they are anything but NON disruptive. I have a feeling that the turnovers are going to come and this D could produce an avalanche of points at some point and at minimum have a consistent floor no matter who they play.

After playing SF (and not seeing either MIA or PHI on the schedule), there is not one offense that scares me.

2023 NFL season: Four things to watch for in Jaguars-Saints on Prime Video

Excerpt:

1. Jaguars defense thrives on turnovers but likely will be shorthanded. The last time the D was this impactful was the 2017 season, when the unit that fueled a run to the AFC Championship Game was nicknamed “Sacksonville.” This year’s Jaguars defense could use a good nickname, and it should center around its superpower to this point: taking the ball away. The Jags have forced a whopping 15 takeaways in six games, two more than any other defense. That’s a pace of nearly 43 turnovers for the season; no NFL team had more than Dallas’ 33 in 2022. The Jaguars have recovered seven fumbles (led by Angelo Blackson’s three) and eight interceptions (Andre Cisco and Darious Williams have three apiece). CB Tyson Campbell also has one pick, but will miss Thursday's game due to a hamstring injury, opening the door for Montaric “Buster” Brown to take his place. Brown, Williams and Tre Herndon will have their hands full with Saints WRs Chris Olave and Michael Thomas, who have been coming on lately. The Saints don’t turn the ball over at an alarming rate, with eight through six games, but five of those turnovers have come in the past two losses.
  2. Saints’ excellent defense will have hands full with Travis Etienne. Etienne arguably has been the Jaguars’ most valuable player this season, on pace for a career-high workload and ranking sixth in the NFL this season with 451 rush yards and five rushing TDs. The 215-pound Etienne’s 113 carries lead the league, and he’s likely to pad that total heavily with Lawrence and other offensive starters not 100 percent. The Saints defense has been among the better groups in the NFL, and they’ve been particularly stingy vs. running backs. Opposing backs have not scored a touchdown against them all season, averaging merely 3.6 yards per carry and 7.1 yards per catch. Derrick Henry managed 119 yards from scrimmage at the Superdome Week 1, but Etienne is not that type of back; expect him to have his work cut out for him. History also doesn’t shine kindly on Etienne in this building. Etienne grew up in Jennings, La., a few hours west of New Orleans, but his previous Superdome games have not been pleasant experiences. In college at Clemson, Etienne’s Tigers lost twice in the College Football Playoffs there – in the 2018 semifinals vs. Alabama and the 2019 title game against LSU. Then, in a preseason game at the Dome in Etienne’s rookie season, he suffered a season-ending Lisfranc injury against the Saints. He’s likely hopeful that the voodoo magic against him in that stadium has been dispelled before kickoff.

Detroit is currently the 2nd best team measured by DVOA
  • Offense ranks 4th
  • Defense ranks 3rd
Lions have not given up 100 yards to any team, allowing only 388 (3.3 YPC) all season. Their best defender - highest grade for both Run Defense and Pass Coverage - is rookie Slot CB/S Brian Branch. He missed the last two games (ankle) but heads into Week 7 without an injury designation. Should be getting DI Josh Paschal (2nd Round pick 2022) back this week as well.

Over the last 4 weeks they have been the 3rd best D for FF.

Upcoming:
  • WK 7 at BAL
  • WK 8 LV (MNF)
  • WK 9 bye
  • WK 10 at LAC
  • WK 11 CHI
  • WK 12 GB (Thanksgiving)
  • WK 13 at NO
  • WK 14 at CHI
  • WK 15 DEN
  • WK 16 at MIN
  • WK 17 at DAL

Feel this is just unlucky.

Watched that SF game and I was amazed how all of the SF weapons were absolutely smothered. Balls clanging off hands.

Think the turnovers and TDs are coming. There's going to be an avalanche one of these weeks...especially if Watson gets back, the offense gets more in a groove, and offenses actually have to play catchup.
Yeah, the fact the Browns offense doesn't scare anybody allows teams to be more conservative when facing the defense. Watson isn't the same guy he was in Houston, but he's a lot better than PJ Walker, not to mention DTR, who is clearly not ready.

Anyone rolling with the Eagles D this week? I’ve been keeping them in every week but the Dolphins matchup scares me. Thinking of dropping them for Raiders(@CHI) and Bucs(vs ATL).

I owe this thread and specifically this post a beer, its stayed in my mind when you said they match up well and I saw that I was able to beat the wire here. Dropped E. Mitchell ahead of MNF after CMC was ruled in to play. I also now have Browns and Jets ROS and if all works out they match up the best. Should always have a top 3 DST ROS including playoffs.

I owe this thread and specifically this post a beer, its stayed in my mind when you said they match up well and I saw that I was able to beat the wire here. Dropped E. Mitchell ahead of MNF after CMC was ruled in to play. I also now have Browns and Jets ROS and if all works out they match up the best. Should always have a top 3 DST ROS including playoffs.
I like beer.

I like beer.

Who would you rather have ROS? Cowboys or Browns?

I have the Browns now and Cowboys are on the WW due to the bye week. I can only roster one - short bench

Anyone know why Tampa D is only getting credit for 1 turnover when Atlanta lost 3 fumbles?

I see two in my scoring. Looks right to me. Third fumble wasn't recovered, it went out of the end zone for a touchback.

That is still a turnover right??

It's not a recovered fumble. It's more like a turnover on downs. Unless your league gives points for stuff like 4th down stops, I've never seen a D get credit for it.

Anyone know why Tampa D is only getting credit for 1 turnover when Atlanta lost 3 fumbles?

I see two in my scoring. Looks right to me. Third fumble wasn't recovered, it went out of the end zone for a touchback.

That is still a turnover right??

It's not a recovered fumble. It's more like a turnover on downs. Unless your league gives points for stuff like 4th down stops, I've never seen a D get credit for it.
Most defenses are scored as fumbles recovered. Since it was not recovered it is not a fumble recovered.

Since it was still a fumble lost by the offense the offensive player still gets negative points for it.

Rolled the dice with Vegas last week and crapped out.

This actually seems like a pretty good week for streaming with a lot of favorable matchups in a few of my leagues, if you are in a league similar to mine with short benches and people aren’t hoarding 2 defenses or anything like that.

Options I see out there.

Philly @ Wash - may have been dropped due to Miami game

Atlanta @ Ten - decent defense and who wants to unload on Will Levis?

Detroit @ LV - I stated they couldn’t be trusted last week. But LV is no Baltimore and hasn’t scored 20+ points yet

Miami Vs NE - my favorite of the bunch so far. Rebound game for them. Although New England looked good last week I feel like they caught a little magic and fall back to earth. I also prefer home defenses if given the choice

Los Angeles @ Chi - decent enough on paper but Chicago looked fine last week and I don’t trust this defense. But they do have some tape on the CrossFitin’ arm wrestling heir.

Houston @ Car - Carolina has been bleeding points to defenses and Houston is not as bad as we thought

Minnesota @ GB - GB looks a little lost out there last week, and Minnesota defense seems to be playing better. I still wouldn’t trust this matchup of some others.

Of these I think I rank them…

Miami
Atlanta
Philly
Houston
Detroit
Minny
LA

Haven’t even looked at week 9 matchups yet which I sometimes do to see who holds some value next week.

Miami
Atlanta
Philly
Houston
Detroit
Minny
LA

Haven’t even looked at week 9 matchups yet which I sometimes do to see who holds some value next week.

Pretty good. Pretty pretty pretty good.

If I may.....
  1. Miami (rostered in 49% of leagues) - only DST17 in our (overly complex) format but that's bc they gave up a combined 113 points to LAC+BUF+PHI. They have been a solid FF DT/DST 5 of the last 6 weeks - every week except the magical disaster in BUF, even had 3 sacks 2 TO + TD v PHI WK 7 - but the short term issue is @KC WK 9 and on a bye WK10. But get through that stretch and WKs 11-15 are five consecutive weeks against teams in the Top Ten for Points Allowed to DT/DST: LV (8th), at NYJ (10th), at WAS (3rd), TEN (9th), NYJ (10th.) Me likey.
  2. Atlanta (13%) - maybe the nicest thing you can say about this one is you know Arthur Smith will take the air out of the ball, only 1 of their 7 g has seen a combined score above 40. DST20 on PPG basis buoyed by allowing the 9th fewest PA per g. 25th in Sacks /g, 25th INT /g, 23rd FR /g. 13 sacks and 6 turnovers total on the year, personally I'm not a fan of below average defenses in a good matchup. 8 sacks (on 35 pressures) the last 2 weeks so they are on the upswing, but hard to trust given they had 5 sacks (on 58 pressures) the first five weeks.
  3. Philadelphia (92%) - were probably drafted and unavailable in most leagues; DST7 on the year. If you own them you start them without thinking about it.
  4. Houston (5%) - DST 16 PPG coming off bye. Good matchup this week, good home stretch schedule WKs 14-17, play mostly middle class offenses WKs 10-13. 10th in PA /g and facing a rookie QB who has been generous at times. On a /g basis, 31st in sacks, 21st INT, 8th FR, 25th in yards allowed, 18th in 3 n Outs Forced, 16th in 4th down stops (probably only our weirdo league has scoring for those last 3.) Not great, not terrible.
  5. Detroit (56%) - I may have some bias here but this is my stone cold lock of the week. They just gave up 38, I can understand if you think I am unwell. This is the first home MNF game at Ford Field since 2018, Raiders are floundering, and man are those guys pissed off after what happened in Baltimore. Think about this: in a season and a half, Josh McDaniels has lost to Jeff Saturday a week after he left broadcasting to lead a tankathon, lost to the Baker Mayfield-led Rams 2 days after he was traded, and just lost to the Chicago Bears who were quarterback by Tyson Bagent. Wow x3. I digress....Lions came into the Ravens game as the #1 run defense and were 3rd in DVOA for overall defense. I cannot explain what happened, but I can offer it probably doesn't mean much. They're a young team and if you look at the Super Bowl participants from the last 6 years, the last 8 years, the last 10 years, the whatever-cherry-picked-timeframe you enjoy, the majority had 1-2 no show clunker games that didn't impact their season. Baltimore didn't exposed some masked weakness that the rest of the league will now exploit. They just got their *** kicked, it happens. Still don't believe me?
    • 2021 Bengals lost by 25 WK 9 and by 19 WK 13 - both at home, both times giving up 41. Then beat the Raiders, Titans and Chiefs to advance to the SB.
    • 2021 Rams gave up more than 24 points 5 times and lost every one of those games, including a pair to the 49ers - the team they beat to advance to the SB.
    • 2020 Buccaneers lost by 35 at home WK 9. Lost 2 of their next 3 after that. Won their last 8 en route to Brady's 7th title run.
    • 2018 Patriots were completely outclassed by a Patricia-led Lions team on national tv to fall to 1-2, responded by winning 6 straight before getting waxed 34-10 to TEN.
    • In the NFL, on any given Sunday, sometimes good teams play bad. That doesn't happen to the Chiefs, Eagles, or 49ers, but no one seriously thinks Detroit is on that level.
    • Final argument: in their 5 wins, Detroit has been the DT13, DT2, DT12, DT13, DT8. Do you think the Lions win at home v LVR? Do you like to win at FF?
  6. Minnesota (7%) - they blitz more than any team in the league, which works against bad teams with QBs with questionable decision making (I'm looking at you Bryce Young and Justin Fields.) Most of the time it doesn't, only 11 teams have allowed more TDs. They are 15th in yards allowed. I don't think they have to dudes to run this scheme but thanks to Charvarius Ward's greed (watch this, 2nd INT of the half.....oops) they did in fact beat the 49ers by forcing 3 turnovers. They balled out at CAR WK 4 and again at CHI WK 6. Maybe the every other week trend continues at GB WK 8. The ECR has them as DT/DST22 this week, but GB has lost 3 straight and Love is not inspiring confidence rn. Down the road they face dysfunctional offenses WK 9 (@ATL) WK 12 (CHI) & WK 14 (@LV) - decent streaming option but not one I find trustworthy.
  7. Los Angele Chargers (8%) - at home, SNF national audience, the hapless Bears in town the Tyson Bagent Road Show is in town. Chargers are last in passing yards allowed and 31st in net YPA. Bagent's ADoT of 4.6 is the stat of the day. There have been 54 players throw passes this season in the NFL and this ranks 50th, ahead of only Clayton Tune, C.J. Beathard, Sam Darnold and Aaron Rodgers. None of those four passers has more than two attempts. No passer who has thrown at least as many times as Bagent has averaged less than 6.4 yards distance of target. Justin Fields averages 8.4 yards and there are 12 starters who have had deeper target distance than Fields. I don't think the LAC are spongeworthy but it is tempting here, isn't it? As a fantasy DST they rank 23rd on a PPG basis, 29th in PA, 3rd in sacks, 22nd in INT, tied for 1st in FR, 31st in yards allowed, 16th in 3 n Outs Forced, 22nd in 4th Down Stops. ECR has them as the DT10 this week, and they will be a popular streaming option. If i didn't hold the BAL/CLE pairing I'd consider them....and then I would drop them immediately irrespective of how they do, this is not a good defense in any conventional sense.
edit: word

Last edited:

Miami
Atlanta
Philly
Houston
Detroit
Minny
LA

Pretty good. Pretty pretty pretty good.

If I may.....
  1. Miami (rostered in 49% of leagues) - only DST17 in our (overly complex) format but that's bc they gave up a combined 113 points to LAC+BUF+PHI. They have been a solid FF DT/DST 5 of the last 6 weeks - every week except the magical disaster in BUF, even had 3 sacks 2 TO + TD v PHI WK 7 - but the short term issue is @KC WK 9 and on a bye WK10. But get through that stretch and WKs 11-15 are five consecutive weeks against teams in the Top Ten for Points Allowed to DT/DST: LV (8th), at NYJ (10th), at WAS (3rd), TEN (9th), NYJ (10th.) Me likey.
  2. Atlanta (13%) - maybe the nicest thing you can say about this one is you know Arthur Smith will take the air out of the ball, only 1 of their 7 g has seen a combined score above 40. DST20 on PPG basis buoyed by allowing the 9th fewest PA per g. 25th in Sacks /g, 25th INT /g, 23rd FR /g. 13 sacks and 6 turnovers total on the year, personally I'm not a fan of below average defenses in a good matchup. 8 sacks (on 35 pressures) the last 2 weeks so they are on the upswing, but hard to trust given they had 5 sacks (on 58 pressures) the first five weeks.
  3. Philadelphia (92%) - were probably drafted and unavailable in most leagues; DST7 on the year. If you own them you start them without thinking about it.
  4. Houston (5%) - DST 16 PPG coming off bye. Good matchup this week, good home stretch schedule WKs 14-17, play mostly middle class offenses WKs 10-13. 10th in PA /g and facing a rookie QB who has been generous at times. On a /g basis, 31st in sacks, 21st INT, 8th FR, 25th in yards allowed, 18th in 3 n Outs Forced, 16th in 4th down stops (probably only our weirdo league has scoring for those last 3.) Not great, not terrible.
  5. Detroit (56%) - I may have some bias here but this is my stone cold lock of the week. They just gave up 38, I can understand if you think I am unwell. This is the first home MNF game at Ford Field since 2018, Raiders are floundering, and man are those guys pissed off after what happened in Baltimore. Think about this: in a season and a half, Josh McDaniels has lost to Jeff Saturday a week after he left broadcasting to lead a tankathon, lost to the Baker Mayfield-led Rams 2 days after he was traded, and just lost to the Chicago Bears who were quarterback by Tyson Bagent. Wow x3. I digress....Lions came into the Ravens game as the #1 run defense and were 3rd in DVOA for overall defense. I cannot explain what happened, but I can offer it probably doesn't mean much. They're a young team and if you look at the Super Bowl participants from the last 6 years, the last 8 years, the last 10 years, the whatever-cherry-picked-timeframe you enjoy, the majority had 1-2 no show clunker games that didn't impact their season. Baltimore didn't exposed some masked weakness that the rest of the league will now exploit. They just got their *** kicked, it happens. Still don't believe me?
    • 2021 Bengals lost by 25 WK 9 and by 19 WK 13 - both at home, both times giving up 41. Then beat the Raiders, Titans and Chiefs to advance to the SB.
    • 2021 Rams gave up more than 24 points 5 times and lost every one of those games, including a pair to the 49ers - the team they beat to advance to the SB.
    • 2020 Buccaneers lost by 35 at home WK 9. Lost 2 of their next 3 after that. Won their last 8 en route to Brady's 7th title run.
    • 2018 Patriots were completely outclassed by a Patricia-led Lions team on national tv to fall to 1-2, responded by winning 6 straight before getting waxed 34-10 to TEN.
    • In the NFL, on any given Sunday, sometimes good teams play bad. That doesn't happen to the Chiefs, Eagles, or 49ers, but no one seriously thinks Detroit is on that level.
    • Final argument: in their 5 wins, Detroit has been the DT13, DT2, DT12, DT13, DT8. Do you think the Lions win at home v LVR? Do you like to win at FF?
  6. Minnesota (7%) - they blitz more than any team in the league, which works against bad teams with QBs with questionable decision making (I'm looking at you Bryce Young and Justin Fields.) Most of the time it doesn't, only 11 teams have allowed more TDs. They are 15th in yards allowed. I don't think they have to dudes to run this scheme but thanks to Charvarius Ward's greed (watch this, 2nd INT of the half.....oops) they did in fact beat the 49ers by forcing 3 turnovers. They balled out at CAR WK 4 and again at CHI WK 6. Maybe the every other week trend continues at GB WK 8. The ECR has them as DT/DST22 this week, but GB has lost 3 straight and Love is not inspiring confidence rn. Down the road they face dysfunctional offenses WK 9 (@ATL) WK 12 (CHI) & WK 14 (@LV) - decent streaming option but not one I find trustworthy.
  7. Los Angele Chargers (8%) - at home, SNF national audience, the hapless Bears in town the Tyson Bagent Road Show is in town. Chargers are last in passing yards allowed and 31st in net YPA. Bagent's ADoT of 4.6 is the stat of the day. There have been 54 players throw passes this season in the NFL and this ranks 50th, ahead of only Clayton Tune, C.J. Beathard, Sam Darnold and Aaron Rodgers. None of those four passers has more than two attempts. No passer who has thrown at least as many times as Bagent has averaged less than 6.4 yards distance of target. Justin Fields averages 8.4 yards and there are 12 starters who have had deeper target distance than Fields. I don't think the LAC are spongeworthy but it is tempting here, isn't it? As a fantasy DST they rank 23rd on a PPG basis, 29th in PA, 3rd in sacks, 22nd in INT, tied for 1st in FR, 31st in yards allowed, 16th in 3 n Outs Forced, 22nd in 4th Down Stops. ECR has them as the DT10 this week, and they will be a popular streaming option. If i didn't hold the BAL/CLE pairing I'd consider them....and then I would drop them immediately irrespective of how they do, this is not a good defense in any conventional sense.
edit: word
Just grabbed Miami. Kinda feel like my NE Pats caught lightning in a bottle last week. Historically, they stink down in Miami and I still think they stink. Miami should be highly motivated and I'd think NE takes a logical step back (and afterward, myself and all of NE says..."nope, nothing has changed)."

Tempted by MN, but I can never trust this team. This is usually where they zig when everyone thinks they zag and GB at home surprises them just when they are feeling good.

No CLE D? Very disruptive. Thinking Indy/Minshew's performance kind of a mirage. SEA offense has been clunkier than I expected. I'm debating Miami or CLE (which I am holding the rest of the year).

Picked the Jets up this morning

But Baltimore is sitting there

Who the rest of year?

Personally, I like the Jets ROS.

Jets have Giants, Raiders, Falcons, Texans, Commanders, Browns and Patriots (wk18) that are decent matchups. They do have some tough games with Dolphins x 2, Bills, and Chargers, but 3 of those games could be tough divisional matchups and Chargers can be exploited with the right game plan.

Ravens have Cardinals, Browns, Steelers (wk18), Rams that are decent matchups with tougher games imo than Jets. They have Dolphins, Chargers (both same as Jets), Seahawks that can be exploited, but also put up points, Bengals, Jags and 49ers that are solid offenses.

The good thing about the Jets, is if they want to win the defense has to play good. Their offense doesn't have the fire power to stay in shootouts. The Ravens on the other hand can easily hang 40 on anyone while giving up 30.

No CLE D? Very disruptive. Thinking Indy/Minshew's performance kind of a mirage. SEA offense has been clunkier than I expected. I'm debating Miami or CLE (which I am holding the rest of the year).

I borrowed the list @VikingFrog made. I have the Browns and Ravens, who are DST2 and DST3 in our league's format on a PPG basis.

Cowboys are DST1 by a country mile, though it's either wow that was a slaughter or man that didn't help at all - 3 great games, 3 subpar.

Anyway, Cleveland is the best defense IRL and pretty darn good in FF. They have a great playoff schedule. As long as they stay healthy they are a hold and an autostart most weeks. I kept Baltimore bc I like a couple of their matchups better, and I'm playing keepaway.

No need to write 'em up bc they're 75% owned.

Users who are viewing this thread