What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3 for 3...do i do it? (1 Viewer)

eaglegreen5

Footballguy
Keeper and PPR league

I have Roethlisberger, David Johnson, Antonio Brown

should I trade for 

Cousins, Gurley, Mike Evans

my thought is if Ben walks away after this year that greatly affects Brown's value also

No way.  Not close IMO.

Sure Ben could retire, but you do not know if Cousins will be in WAS next year.  QB is the easiest position to replace....assuming you start 1 QB.  Gurley is a HUGE step down from DJ.  No reason Brown can't be a stud with a different QB.  Evans is not much of an upgrade from Brown dynasty wise and is a slight step down for this year.

Worry about winning this year first, then deal with Ben and Brown if Ben retires.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I kind of understand what you are thinking. You are downgrading your team at all 3 spots for this year, and there is no guarantee Ben retires after this year. I imagine if you have Johnson and Brown that you are a contender this year, so I would pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barring a SB win, Ben isn't going anywhere. Even so, take a look at Brown's splits without Ben - They aren't terrible. He gets his either way usually.

sorry many no way u can do this, DJ and Brown are worth so much more then Evans and gurley, you can always just draft a new QB when ben retires, they are easy to find.

That would be a terrible trade to complete.  You are only keeping 3.  Makes it more like a redraft than a true dynasty so don't worry about too much in the future.  Play for now and worry about next year later

Users who are viewing this thread