What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

49ers jump up to #3 pick in draft (1 Viewer)

I mean the #3, their 2nd this year, 2nd next year and a player.  I would do that for a disgruntled 37 year old qb
I don't know if the pack would do it.  The player would have to be something substantial

Rodgers is probably 3 first round pics worthy

I don't know if the pack would do it.  The player would have to be something substantial

Rodgers is probably 3 first round pics worthy
i think he's literally told them he'll retire if they dont trade him... and i bet he means it.

take the 1.03 and the 2nd this year and call it a disaster. 

i think he's literally told them he'll retire if they dont trade him... and i bet he means it.

take the 1.03 and the 2nd this year and call it a disaster. 
Why? They don't have to trade him today. They can shop him the rest of the off season. There will be better offers than Pick 3 and a second (albeit for next year not this year).

I am always at Happy Hour when news is breaking, my goodness what a MESS in Green Bay right now and San Fran should not get a pass either...they traded up to No 3 only to try and trade it for Aaron Rodgers, doesn't make a lot of sense and says nothing about the credibility of whoever they draft...

From Rodgers to Mac Jones?

I would not want to be a Packers fan going into the Draft tonight, you know Rodgers is not in step with anythign the front office id doing or has been doing for quite some time now. 

-Let's go back to LeFleur fumbling the decision to kick a FG when they needed a TD inside the red zone with Rodgers as their QB, a HoF QB and he decides to kick a FG and allow the Bucs and Tom Brady to advance, that cannot sit right with Rodgers. They continue to not draft players that enhance Rodgers and his abilities, he's simply had enough. 

Incredible turn of events and Schefter on the TV stirring the pot. 

Why? They don't have to trade him today. They can shop him the rest of the off season. There will be better offers than Pick 3 and a second (albeit for next year not this year).
4-5 qb needy teams are filling holes today. One of them is on Rodgers' apparently short list of 3. (2 if denver go QB)

Last edited by a moderator:
how does GB turn down 1.03 and their 2nd rnd pick, if the other option is ZERO compensation and a qb that retires?

what a trash situation for them

how does GB turn down 1.03 and their 2nd rnd pick, if the other option is ZERO compensation and a qb that retires?

what a trash situation for them

:shock:

I didn't know we had reached this point already but you might be right. 

How much is a QB worth who has been out of football for 18 months because he didn't like his front office and in his late 30s?

do you think the pack cares or do you think they will maximize value

rodgers wants to win again so he is bluffing on the retiring
but there is no value if the QB tells you, trade me to one of those 3 or I retire.

and ya, he could be bluffing. i have no idea

I think Shanahan and Rodgers have been in cahoots for a while now. San Fransico doesn't know who they're taking at 3 this whole time. Day before the draft they inquiring about Rodgers. Next day Rodgers says he wants out... It all adds up. 

(I'm not really serious, I don't think) 

Jed York is trolling so hard on Twitter today. One of his tweets:

"#DraftDay thinking about going for a run. Suspense is too much. How many miles should I go for 1? 5? 10? 12? 16? or 1?"

To which @fieldYates responded:

"Zac Wilson in college: #1

Trey Lance in college: #5

Mac Jones in college: #10

Aaron Rodgers: #12

Trevor Lawrence in college: #16

Justin Fields in college: #1

This is an elite Tweet from @JedYork."

More from York on Twitter:

#DraftDay just finished up a great meeting with @JohnLynch49ers & Kyle. They were about to tell me the pick and I asked to wait til we’re on the clock. Gotta watch tonight

#DraftDay ok, so 3 coaches in 3 years wasn’t the best decision from 2014-16 but I’m starting to think choosing not to know our plan for tonight isn’t one of my best decisions either

At first it was "Niners call Pack" but were refused, kind of the first we heard much about this but now the headlines are "Rodgers doesn't want to play for the Green Bay Packers" and neither he or the Packers are really denying these outrageous claims. 

2020 NFL MVP is left hanging by his young inexperienced head coach that kicks a FG in the biggest game of the year and they are just one TD throw from a Super Bowl to a few short months later, these kind of headlines...what a huge kick in the stomach right now all the way around for Green Bay. 

In the Rodgers thread it was reported trading ARod before 6/1 is a $30 mill hit on this years cap for GB. After 6/1 is half that.  He's not going anywhere tonight, imo.

I am always at Happy Hour when news is breaking, my goodness what a MESS in Green Bay right now and San Fran should not get a pass either...they traded up to No 3 only to try and trade it for Aaron Rodgers, doesn't make a lot of sense and says nothing about the credibility of whoever they draft...

From Rodgers to Mac Jones?

I would not want to be a Packers fan going into the Draft tonight, you know Rodgers is not in step with anythign the front office id doing or has been doing for quite some time now. 

-Let's go back to LeFleur fumbling the decision to kick a FG when they needed a TD inside the red zone with Rodgers as their QB, a HoF QB and he decides to kick a FG and allow the Bucs and Tom Brady to advance, that cannot sit right with Rodgers. They continue to not draft players that enhance Rodgers and his abilities, he's simply had enough. 

Incredible turn of events and Schefter on the TV stirring the pot. 
All of this is weird to me. I wonder if the 49ers offered the Packers the same deal they gave to Miami for the #3 pick prior to making the deal with Miami

Jed York is trolling so hard on Twitter today. One of his tweets:

"#DraftDay thinking about going for a run. Suspense is too much. How many miles should I go for 1? 5? 10? 12? 16? or 1?"

To which @fieldYates responded:

"Zac Wilson in college: #1

Trey Lance in college: #5

Mac Jones in college: #10

Aaron Rodgers: #12

Trevor Lawrence in college: #16

Justin Fields in college: #1

This is an elite Tweet from @JedYork."
I dont get it

Is it true one NFL exec said he expects the Packers to dig in and force Rodgers to play for them or retire? 

Ouch if that is their battle plan. 

Jeopardy looking like a real option, didn't he bring the highest ratings? They should move in tonight and sign him to a contract just to turn the heat up. 

There’s just no way the Niners gave up that much draft capital to ensure they were getting Mac freaking Jones.  I refuse to believe it.  

C’mon people, the pick will not be Jones.  0% chance.  

Mac Jones is still the heavy Vegas favorite.
Vegas...

-275, very substantial favorite. In football terms that’s like a 6.5 to 7 point favorite. 
...Baby!

Say What?
Said Mac Jones, 0%. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread