What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

50 cents on the dollar? (1 Viewer)

DropKick

Footballguy
Pettitte got half of what he was looking for... Varitek has been offered about half of what he may have got in arbitration. Some pricey guys are still looking for work. Is it safe to say that baseball is feeling the economic woes and that player's salary expectations must adjust?

I think they are all overpaid... OK, not everbody.. but there is a contingent that is certainly not worth their weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pettitte wasn't worth what he wanted. Varitek too.

There was a number of OF available this year that brought down salaries in the OF, but I suppose economics have hit as well.

At this point, Jason Varitek is little more than Brad Ausmus with a little pop. He doesn't deserve much over the league minimum.

At this point, Jason Varitek is little more than Brad Ausmus with a little pop. He doesn't deserve much over the league minimum.
Just citing him as an example. Pat the Bat didn't get what he hoped for, did he? He turned down $22 million (2 years) from the Phils and accepted $16 million from the Rays.

Just citing him as an example. Pat the Bat didn't get what he hoped for, did he? He turned down $22 million (2 years) from the Phils and accepted $16 million from the Rays.
Too many quality OF on the market this season. Next year it will be quite different. I've heard this as a rationale for why the Matt Holliday trade was such a good idea for Billy Beane.

Users who are viewing this thread