What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☹ Official 2020 Las Vegas Raiders thread ☹ (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the perspective on Arnette. In the end I have to believe that if that was their guy, Gruden and Mayock thought he wouldn't last until their next pick in the 3rd. Where was Arnette predicted to go, second or third?

Maybe they couldn't find a trade partner but hard to believe they hadn't had a few conversations to tee that up prior to tonight. Sometines that still doesn't pan out but man, I think we left a lot of value on the board.

In Mayock I trust. We have a WR and we have a corner, our biggest needs. Hopefully we look back this time next year to celebrate how awesome this turned out. Until then it's, it's us who are going to be eviscerated for those picks.
There were lots of rumors about the Colts looking at Arnette at the top of the 2nd round.

There were lots of rumors about the Colts looking at Arnette at the top of the 2nd round.
Seems like you can boil down every scouting report on him as "He can play press, off, etc. Complete CB, competitor. Clocked in slow but tapes doesn't show him that slow"

I am more concerned about what the tape says than whag the 40 clock says.

I think @massraider was entirely on the right track when suggesting that grabbing Ruggs early opened other WR options later. Wowsers. Now time for Carr to really prove himself. I think he will, even if I'm not highly confident about it.

Seems like you can boil down every scouting report on him as "He can play press, off, etc. Complete CB, competitor. Clocked in slow but tapes doesn't show him that slow"

I am more concerned about what the tape says than whag the 40 clock says.
Seems likely that he plays early and often.  He may struggle early but we can’t freak out since the transition to the NFL doesn’t normally happen instantly.  We have to be patient.  

I don't know much about Lynn or how a gadget guy like that fits in our offense.

I would really like to focus on some D after all these WRs. Maybe a big back like Dillon or Moss.

They have amazing diversity now in the passing game.  Amazing.
Edwards seems to bring that tough guy, physically beat CB and get the 50/50 ball where Ruggs brings the speed. I assume Lynn has speed to burn too. Nice compliment in skillset to what we have and added. 

Edwards seems to bring that tough guy, physically beat CB and get the 50/50 ball where Ruggs brings the speed. I assume Lynn has speed to burn too. Nice compliment in skillset to what we have and added. 
That quick jitterbug type, super quick.

Haven't had that..........ever?

BTW - anyone concerned that after our focus on WR that Ty's plantar fasciitis is a little more serious? I know he was slow to heal last season but don't know what his outlook was heading into the offseason.

Edwards reminds me of AJ Brown, who almost single-handedly won me my long-time league championship this year, so yeah, me likey.

what in god's name is going on?  i've been drinking in the street, for our neighborhood happy hour.

i come in, turn the tv on and see the ticker.  did i read it right?  those chodes took 2 more wr's?  that can't be right.  i'm not THAT drunk.  maybe i should be.

Not sure why anyone would HATE the Ruggs pick. I can see being disappointed that one of the other guys were not taken, but Ruggs sounds like a Tyreek Hill clone except with huge hands (larger than Lamb or Jeudy) and without the off-field worries. Ruggs is a player you take a chance on. 

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
BTW - anyone concerned that after our focus on WR that Ty's plantar fasciitis is a little more serious? I know he was slow to heal last season but don't know what his outlook was heading into the offseason.
Don't know, but if they cut Ty Willy, they save ~$11 MM cap with zero hit. Maybe not this year, but now that option opens over any of the next three if these rookie WRs take over.

Edwards is why I wanted to take DT at 12.  Not that I knew he'd be here of course but there are STILL some pretty interesting guys here.  DPJ, Duvernay, Gandy-Golden, Collin Johnson.  We missed the DT's I was interested in (which means I know something about this late in the draft) in Hamilton and Madubuike and the Cushenberry.   There's one more IOL I like - the G from Wisconsin whose name is escaping me at the moment.

We should probably start the speculation now - which TE are the Raiders going to draft at 91?  I'll go with Albert Okwuegbunam

They drafted 3 WRs, to Waller and Tyrell and Renfrow, and you can still envision roles for everyone. 

Tyrell might be cut, but I don't know. 

Bruno2 said:
Man! Edwards has some great highlight catches!
That one handed carch where he used his strength to bull the defender off him and then finish it was awesome. 

His highlights all come battling defenders, so he has that skillset to catch in traffic and 50/50.

You guys got a great player in Edwards. Physical and makes all the catches. He had an odd injury and missed the last couple of games last year and then hurt his foot just prior to the combine. Without those setbacks I believe he would have been higher up the WR board.  

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up better than Ruggs. 

Looking fwd to the late round or UDFA DII RB that no one has on their radar that Mayock swoops to take the press off our man Shake & Jake.

Man sniped on Harrison, he's a nice pick there.  Dang Ravens.  Maybe Troy Dye?  Seems like a Mayock kinda guy or the other Clemson safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
What?  You think witten is gonna be te3?  Gruden is notorious for sticking with his chosen people, no matter what. . They resigned Nathan peterman. Again. Why?  Because Gruden thinks he’s smarter than everyone else.  That’s a wasted roster spot. 

Question for anyone in this thread:  did you come into this draft thinking, they should draft 3 wr’s with their first 4 picks?   If you say yes, you’re lying. The D needs more help than the O. Period. 

Clemson's Tanner Muse. Maybe we are thinking of converting him to a LB? Seems like more a ST guy. 

Anyone high on this guy? Don't know who else is left at the position I feel competent enough to gauge whether this is a reach or not.

Clemson's Tanner Muse. Maybe we are thinking of converting him to a LB? Seems like more a ST guy. 

Anyone high on this guy? Don't know who else is left at the position I feel competent enough to gauge whether this is a reach or not.
He’s a tweener, safety/lb. so you’re probably right. His most impactful spot, will probably be on special teams. That’s how the talking heads announced the pick. Although, god knows, they need help at LB. 

Users who are viewing this thread