What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☹ Official 2020 Las Vegas Raiders thread ☹ (1 Viewer)

This was a great game for Carr.  After the interception I thought it was over, but he certainly didn't go into the tank like I thought might happen.  Now please keep taking those deep shots and allowing guys to make plays.  Far too often he will check down unless a guy has 3-4 yards of separation.  Ruggs' first catch was a great example of letting his guy make a play when the coverage was good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really sure - to be honest it looked to me like Reid didn't really change much at all. Just at some point the Chiefs are going to score because they have too much talent not to.

If anything, this game and a few others (Chargers and Pats) shows that Reid gets a little stubborn in his play calling. All three of those games each defense played a similar rush 4 and drop everyone else into coverage. 

And those 4 rushing were always getting pressure. How do you combat that? Throw some three step drops with quick slants or patterns. Throw some screens. Basically things that Reid hasn't been doing. He sends a lot of guys into medium or deep routes that require a deeper drop for Mahomes.

Reid has not adjusted well, but those three defenses have executed extremely well. And the Chiefs will continue to see that until we adjust.
From what I saw, the KC Oline in is serious trouble if they couldn't handle the Raiders pass rush. Let's be honest here, until yesterday, their pass rush hasn't scared anyone in the first quarter of the season. Maybe something clicked with Ferrell and Crosby that will hopefully carry on throughout the rest of the season. But I can guarantee you the Chiefs will encounter tougher front 7's going forward. 

Carr’s deep ball has improved a lot since years past. I remember a few years ago where they just seemed to float but this year the arc he puts on the ball is a thing of beauty to behold.

off the top of my head every deep ball was on target and in stride yesterday, except for the pick of course.

i don’t recall hearing about him working on this aspect of his game through the off season 

2nd in points for in the AFC behind only the Browns?
And 5th overall in the NFL in both points and yards.

7th overall in PPG (3rd in the AFC). 8th overall in YPG (4th in the AFC, with two teams -- the Chiefs and Chargers -- ahead of us in our own division).

As to the yardage splits, we're 5th overall in passing yards (2nd behind KC in the AFC) and 8th overall in rushing yards (4th in AFC).

All against some truly tough opponents -- all with winning records -- to start the year.

We're good, fam. We're actually really good.

I wondered why people were down on Ruggs when we drafted him after reading and watching tape.

Elite speed. Insane hops. Huge hands. 

Ok. I get it....physical traits aren't enough. It has to show up on the field.

3 drops in college. It was common to see Cooper drop 3 in 1 drive (ok maybe a game).

24 TDs in 98 receptions. Big Plays.

All done playing in a big time college conference. I get the allure of a route god, but watching Tyreek destroy our defense I realized the gravity of speed. Last year we couldn't score TDs, because we couldn't get chunk plays. Now we can and it makes everything easier. He's a stud and the true key to our offense. 

I know Carr supporters like to point to this game that Carr is a franchise QB, but to me this proves my point that he NEEDS everything thing to be PERFECT to perform. He needed his stud WR and he needs a killer Oline to make plays. Sure every QB would be better with those things, but Carr needs everything fined tuned in order to have a chance to win. He's good for now, but I'd be open to upgrade.

Great win. Gave the Raiders no chance because of how terrible our defense has been. Pleasant surprise. However, it's easy to play up to face the defending champs....a lot harder to do that week to week. However as long as Ruggs is on the field our offense can compete with anyone. 
This proves my point that no matter what the Carr haters will hate. 

We won against the universally accepted best team in the NFL and defending SB Champs.... yea, but we lost to NE and Buffalo. 

He out played the best QB in the NFL.... yea, but he threw an INT. 

He lead an offense with putting up 40 against a D that held NE, the Chargers, Ravens and Texans to no more than 20 points... yea, but he needs all his offensive players. 

He consistently throws for high percentage completions, that's not enough. He doesn't throw many INT's, that's not enough. He throws deeper, that's not enough. 

I mean come on.

From what I saw, the KC Oline in is serious trouble if they couldn't handle the Raiders pass rush. Let's be honest here, until yesterday, their pass rush hasn't scared anyone in the first quarter of the season. Maybe something clicked with Ferrell and Crosby that will hopefully carry on throughout the rest of the season. But I can guarantee you the Chiefs will encounter tougher front 7's going forward. 
Osemele hurts them big time. They lucked out getting him in the first place. I don't think they have a ready replacement and their Oline was never their best part of their team. 

And 5th overall in the NFL in both points and yards.

7th overall in PPG (3rd in the AFC). 8th overall in YPG (4th in the AFC, with two teams -- the Chiefs and Chargers -- ahead of us in our own division).

As to the yardage splits, we're 5th overall in passing yards (2nd behind KC in the AFC) and 8th overall in rushing yards (4th in AFC).

All against some truly tough opponents -- all with winning records -- to start the year.

We're good, fam. We're actually really good.
And without our star difference making RT until the last game and our prized rookie the last couple of games. And we were in those ywo games we lost. Seriously, if they were both playing I really do think we would be undefeated right now.

haven't given up 40 since the MNF video game against the rams....been playing pretty good since losing to TEN last year.....they were terrible today....yes raiders also played well on offense and Carr made some throws/plays he normally doesn't....but KC D was awful...there were guys WIDE open because of terrible D....lets not act like the Raider offense has been a force....
"They were terrible today" and "KC D was awful" was mostly due to the fact the Raiders O COMPLETELY dominated them. They were lights out first half, third quarter dormant, then controlled the ball about the entire fourth quarter to give the D some much needed rest.

Call it like it was, man.

man...little sensitive....try to come in and give your team props and its still not good enough....#raiderfan.... :lmao:
We saw your "compliments." They were backhanded at best and full of sour grapes. "KC going thru the motions," "some HUGE flags in their favor today," "KC D was so bad," blah, blah, blah.

"raiders definitely better than they have been in the past" was the ultimate in disrespect. That should have been "Raiders definitely the better team yesterday" because they definitely were. Any nonbiased football fan could see that.

"Jacobs is an absolute beast." Gee, thanks for informing us. We didn't know. We thot Booker was the better 'back.

As legendary Celtics broadcaster Johnny Most once screamed into the mic, "...a disgusting display."

Wow...I wish the sensitive sallies would go back and really read my first post after the game....gave mad props about what you did and how I Ike the culture and things your team is showing....its also ok to point out the other team (KC) really played bad on one side of the ball .....which is true if you ask any of them....or watched the game....Raiders offense played well....but .KC D was not good today....believe it or not ....it is possible for both to be true.....
You didn't give mad props. Not even close. The Chiefs D was bad and it was the Raiders O that did it. It's ok to say it. We've been saying it the other way around for awhile now.

The Raiders won this game for two main reasons:

1. Their lines on both sides of the ball just dominated the Chiefs yesterday. Plain and simple. This game was won and lost in the trenches, and the Raiders out-toughed the Chiefs on both sides.

2. Gruden called a great game plan. When they went down twice he didn't abandon the run. 

That's it. Congrats Raiders fans -  I hope they stay good because this rivalry was always big when I was a kid and I want it to perk back up again. That game should give it a little fire. 
See above, Stinkin'. THIS is how you give props. No excuses. Just call it like it played out on the field.

Osemele hurts them big time. They lucked out getting him in the first place. I don't think they have a ready replacement and their Oline was never their best part of their team. 
I think the Chiefs will be just fine.   Reid has been stubborn but he's not stupid.  KCs next opponent is getting thrashed.  

Sorry, fellas, to go off on some rants that you guys already had so eloquently covered. Was too busy responding to Stinkin's "compliments" to read 'em first.

I haven't been that riled up in years. Felt kinda good. Heh, heh, heh.

ChiefD said:
The Raiders won this game for two main reasons:

1. Their lines on both sides of the ball just dominated the Chiefs yesterday. Plain and simple. This game was won and lost in the trenches, and the Raiders out-toughed the Chiefs on both sides.

2. Gruden called a great game plan. When they went down twice he didn't abandon the run. 

That's it. Congrats Raiders fans -  I hope they stay good because this rivalry was always big when I was a kid and I want it to perk back up again. That game should give it a little fire
Agreed and thanks. If only the other chiefs fans who wander in here could bring the positivity like you have.

looking forward to another huge battle in a few weeks 

This Raiders team is good but still learning how to consistently bring it week to week. They rev'd up for the Chiefs - and I think even moreso b/c their backs were walled after two straight losses. Now they need to learn to not rev down when they are coming off a win or three.

The above, plus the additions of Ruggs & Baby Huey at RT made a huge difference. That and the bookend soph DEs had their hair on fire. Also thought it interesting to finally see some pressure from the DTs - Vickers needs playing time over Collins if yesterday was indicative. Mullen is a straight G. And Mr. Sal-mon needs to stop rocket launching every other play. Immediately. Save for that flaw though, Abram is wicked good. A real tone setter. And God save Kwiatkowski. He's to the D what Ruggs is the O.

Maybe this is old news to you tech savvy folks...

I miss Raiders talk on local sports radio (all 9ers all the time here. Yuck), so I searched and found a way to stream the Vegas local am sports station that calls itself “Raider Nation Radio”, 920am Las Vegas. 
I downloaded the (free) Tune In radio app, found 920am, and have been streaming that station the past couple of days. It’s been great to hear sports radio hosts talk nothing but Raiders football for the last few days. 

Do you guys realize what the best thing about this team that just showed that it can compete with and beat any team in the NFL right now? 

We are YOUNG. Carr in QB years is young. RB VERY young. FB very young. WR corp VERY young. LT young, RG young, RT young (not sure about his long term place with us as questioned were raised). 

DE's very young, Kwiat is young, Littleton young (but if he doesn't play up to his contract might not stick long), Secondary VERY young. 

"They were terrible today" and "KC D was awful" was mostly due to the fact the Raiders O COMPLETELY dominated them. They were lights out first half, third quarter dormant, then controlled the ball about the entire fourth quarter to give the D some much needed rest.

Call it like it was, man.
if you see my other posts you will see where I was coming from....I said we got dominated but the defense was also just terrible.....the raiders did dominate in many aspects....but when KC lets guys rune WIDE open and blows coverage that is playing bad.....both can happen and contribute to an outcome...

We saw your "compliments." They were backhanded at best and full of sour grapes. "KC going thru the motions," "some HUGE flags in their favor today," "KC D was so bad," blah, blah, blah.

"raiders definitely better than they have been in the past" was the ultimate in disrespect. That should have been "Raiders definitely the better team yesterday" because they definitely were. Any nonbiased football fan could see that.

"Jacobs is an absolute beast." Gee, thanks for informing us. We didn't know. We thot Booker was the better 'back.

As legendary Celtics broadcaster Johnny Most once screamed into the mic, "...a disgusting display."
I said this exact thing....

You didn't give mad props. Not even close. The Chiefs D was bad and it was the Raiders O that did it. It's ok to say it. We've been saying it the other way around for awhile now.
when  a team blows coverages and defensive assignments....its not always because the offense did something great......sometimes it was simply because the defense was terrible on that particular play....

I figured that I would be safe planning a vacation weekend last week. The Raiders on the Road? That 10:00 PST time start hasn't been good for us the past 20 years. I am glad I was wrong. As everyone else has stated, Trent Brown makes a huge difference. He's the best right tackle in the league and gives the team a huge advantage at the position.  Looking ahead,  the Raiders have 11 games left with only 4 against teams with winning records. 10-6 is eminently doable and 11-5 is within reach. A 3-2 start with the hardest part of the schedule behind us is huge. 

when  a team blows coverages and defensive assignments....its not always because the offense did something great......sometimes it was simply because the defense was terrible on that particular play....
You are relentless. Did it ever occur to you that some (most, actually) of your 'blown' coverages were actually Andy & Co. stacking the box to stop the Raider run and short-passing games, and then getting burned by Carr checks into intermediate/deep looks??? Or how about the numerous times that the Raiders ran it anyway - to keep the game & clock under their control - straight into the teeth of those loaded boxes and yet still BLEW your beloved Cheefs off the ball with OL and RB beasting their way into out-manned down conversions?

Raiders kicked the Cheefs asses last weekend, and you proceeded to kick your own ### in this thread soon after. For a guy who often makes not-so-vague references to '#raiderfans' being ####heads, your behavior in here is ironic and more than a bit sad. You're better than this display. Win or learn - do all of us a favor, particularly yourself, with some of the latter, and #### once and for all, with the 'Raiders looked good b/c the Cheefs didn't' tripe. It was the opposite - KC didn't look good b/c Vegas did. Own it.

You are relentless. Did it ever occur to you that some (most, actually) of your 'blown' coverages were actually Andy & Co. stacking the box to stop the Raider run and short-passing games, and then getting burned by Carr checks into intermediate/deep looks??? Or how about the numerous times that the Raiders ran it anyway - to keep the game & clock under their control - straight into the teeth of those loaded boxes and yet still BLEW your beloved Cheefs off the ball with OL and RB beasting their way into out-manned down conversions?

Raiders kicked the Cheefs asses last weekend, and you proceeded to kick your own ### in this thread soon after. For a guy who often makes not-so-vague references to '#raiderfans' being ####heads, your behavior in here is ironic and more than a bit sad. You're better than this display. Win or learn - do all of us a favor, particularly yourself, with some of the latter, and #### once and for all, with the 'Raiders looked good b/c the Cheefs didn't' tripe. It was the opposite - KC didn't look good b/c Vegas did. Own it.

It’s obvious some may not like the way I said things....especially in a raider thread..lol..it’s fun to talk a little smack and get the natives restless..as a Chiefs fan and someone who has watched every KC snap for as long as I can remember I was simply trying to say that while the Raiders played really well (better than I have seen in a long time)....KC also had what would be considered a bad performance for them....which contributed to the outcome....I realize none of you want to hear that...but it’s true.....did the Raiders have something to do with that ....you bet....but the Chiefs also played worse than they have  in the recent past ....Im not sure why that is met with such anger....it is true..to a man they said as much after the game.....I know that is not want Raiderfan wants to hear....they just want it to be a plain old fashioned butt whoopin.....I get it...but the scary thing  is.....as great as the Raiders played and as “dominant” as it may have seemed....it was still a one score game....good luck the rest of the year....it should be a fun division to watch moving forward....

haven't given up 40 since the MNF video game against the rams....been playing pretty good since losing to TEN last year.....they were terrible today....yes raiders also played well on offense and Carr made some throws/plays he normally doesn't....but KC D was awful...there were guys WIDE open because of terrible D....lets not act like the Raider offense has been a force....
Who had the KC D really played this year other than Balt? I was getting blasted in this thread for saying they were an overrated D and guess what, they are overrated. 

wk 1: da Johnson 11 for 77, 1 TD

wk 2: Ekeler 16 for 93 & Kelley 23 for 64

wk 3: Lamar 9 for 83

wk 4: Harris 17 for 100 & Burkhead 11 for 45.

So a mixed bag and I think you are probably right but it's covid football and there won't be the crowd to factor in.
KC d has been great against the run...oh wait

It’s obvious some may not like the way I said things....especially in a raider thread..lol..it’s fun to talk a little smack and get the natives restless..as a Chiefs fan and someone who has watched every KC snap for as long as I can remember I was simply trying to say that while the Raiders played really well (better than I have seen in a long time)....KC also had what would be considered a bad performance for them....which contributed to the outcome....I realize none of you want to hear that...but it’s true.....did the Raiders have something to do with that ....you bet....but the Chiefs also played worse than they have  in the recent past ....Im not sure why that is met with such anger....it is true..to a man they said as much after the game.....I know that is not want Raiderfan wants to hear....they just want it to be a plain old fashioned butt whoopin.....I get it...but the scary thing  is.....as great as the Raiders played and as “dominant” as it may have seemed....it was still a one score game....good luck the rest of the year....it should be a fun division to watch moving forward....
You seem like a decent guy, and if I came across as angry, I am not at all. But I'd suggest you take a step back sometimes with how you present yourself in this thread. Serously, go back and take an honest re-read of your original post... It's 90% excuses and heavily qualified 'props'. And then when you got called out for exactly that, you went straight to your tired '#raiderfans  :lmao: ' card. If you can't see how that would rub the wrong way in the Raiders team thread, then you are hopeless, brother. Cheefs may kick the living #### outta the Raiders in Vegas in a few weeks, but you, my friend, will have still lost unless you are willing to finally eat some humble before and after that day. Cheers.

The Chiefs played defense expecting Carr to be his normal check down self and got burned repeatedly for it.  That's not them having a bad day and more just expecting Carr to do things he has done in the past and never adjusting.

Look at the 3rd and 18 conversion....the defense bit hard on the underneath Waller route leaving Renfrow wide open 30+ yards down field.

blah blah blah
We all know they played like crap.  We don't care if you say it.  But when you come in to "compliment" someone and then toss that right on top it's childish and pedantic.  Why don't you take your significant woman/man/lifechoice in your life out to dinner on Valentine's day, tell them they are the hottest person in the room, and then follow that up with "but of course we're in here with a bunch of uggos" and see how that plays out.

Grow up dude.

Agreed and thanks. If only the other chiefs fans who wander in here could bring the positivity like you have.

looking forward to another huge battle in a few weeks 
The other one is the worst poster on this board. Trolls any topic having any relation to the Chiefs and runs and cries to the moderators when he gets even the slightest push back. Everyone sees it except for the moderators. He’s responsible for my only time out in 17 years here and the only poster I have on ignore (hate when he’s quoted). Put him on ignore, it’s glorious. Let his espouse his BS in an empty room.

The other one is the worst poster on this board. Trolls any topic having any relation to the Chiefs and runs and cries to the moderators when he gets even the slightest push back. Everyone sees it except for the moderators. He’s responsible for my only time out in 17 years here and the only poster I have on ignore (hate when he’s quoted). Put him on ignore, it’s glorious. Let his espouse his BS in an empty room.
I hate it when people do that, people keep quoting Milkman and it drives me nuts.  I edited my post and won't quote trash like this any more.

You seem like a decent guy, and if I came across as angry, I am not at all. But I'd suggest you take a step back sometimes with how you present yourself in this thread. Serously, go back and take an honest re-read of your original post... It's 90% excuses and heavily qualified 'props'. And then when you got called out for exactly that, you went straight to your tired '#raiderfans  :lmao: ' card. If you can't see how that would rub the wrong way in the Raiders team thread, then you are hopeless, brother. Cheefs may kick the living #### outta the Raiders in Vegas in a few weeks, but you, my friend, will have still lost unless you are willing to finally eat some humble before and after that day. Cheers.
If the Raiders lose to the Chiefs in a couple of weeks it will probably be only because the Raider D played like crap.   

That's funny, I've been here for 18 years and he's the only poster I have on ignore as well. I agree, don't feed the troll. 

Unfortunately this guy just jinxed the raiders; 

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/14/raiders-playoff-odds-move-up-to-50-with-win-over-chiefs/

Raiders have easiest SOS the rest of the way. 

Hankmoody said:
We all know they played like crap.  We don't care if you say it.  But when you come in to "compliment" someone and then toss that right on top it's childish and pedantic.  Why don't you take your significant woman/man/lifechoice in your life out to dinner on Valentine's day, tell them they are the hottest person in the room, and then follow that up with "but of course we're in here with a bunch of uggos" and see how that plays out.

Grow up dude.
I'm not going to lie... I had to look up pedantic. 

Dr. Octopus said:
I'm not sure if you are talking about me (or Milkman or someone else), but I have been on the board since the early 90's I believe and have never run and cried to the moderators....I have no idea who they even are....I stand by everything I post even if others disagree......and don't mind push back...actually welcome it....I have been put in my place before and seen where I was wrong.....it's part of a message board....it would be boring if there were no disagreements or different opinions/ways of looking at things...smack talk, etc...have I posted things to try and initiate a reaction/discussion....you bet.....I believe you and I had some back and forth in the Tyreek Hill thread IIRC...(maybe it wasn't you, not 100% sure as I type)...many know how that turned out....I gravitate to KC discussion no matter where its at as they are the team I root for/follow....some things come up that provide the opportunity for back and forth....nothing wrong with that on message board....we are discussing football, not end of the world type stuff.....but sometimes people get a little too sensitive and make/take football things personally if they aren't "said in the right way".....my apologies if that happened here.....you guys had a great win heading into the bye week.....enjoy...

I don’t mind the Ref’s comments.   Much of it is entertaining.    I do mind the punctuation though.   Every reply is one giant paragraph with a bunch of sentences and phrases separated by a bunch of dots.  

I’m not the grammar police.   I often throw out thoughts that aren’t in the form of sentences, omit words, and misspell words.    However, I try to make my comments resemble passable writing.   

Nassib with a broken toe.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2020/10/14/21516412/raiders-carl-nassib-broken-big-toe

Didn't see a lot of gametime but had at least one snap where he was in on the play and responsible for stopping it.

Datone Jones likely to take his place -- another guy who had a solid game. 

Love to see semblance of some depth. And the bye week will help us heal further.

Still a long season with some stout games ahead, but this team looks and plays legit.

Users who are viewing this thread