What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A commitment to each other? - Now’s the time to remember.... (1 Viewer)

dkp993

Footballguy
As the next few days play out it’s bound to be contentious, no matter the result or possible lack there of.  With that said can we create a social contract with each other here in this thread?  An agreement ahead of time that you will not “dunk” on the other side, gloat, play I told ya so games, etc etc.  In other word be the type of “winner” or “loser” you’d teach your kid to be.   Please “sign” here if you agree to abide by this social contract over the coming days ahead and be a part of the solution as we move forward and not a part of the problem.  Please and thank you.  

dkp993

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely in. I was taught early on to be gracious in either victory or defeat, because it won't last long with that attitude, or, in the case of the latter, nobody will want to play anymore.

As the next few days play out it’s bound to be contentious, no matter the result or possible lack there of.  With that said can we create a social contract with each other here in this thread?  An agreement ahead of time that you will not “dunk” on the other side, gloat, play I told ya so games, etc etc.  In other word be the type of “winner” or “loser” you’d teach your kid to be.   Please “sign” here if you agree to abide by this social contract over the coming days ahead and be apart of the solution as we move forward and not apart of the problem.  Please and thank you.  

dkp993
Prayers answered. Let's make this happen. 

Sure...no gloating or dunking should happen.  Hoping we can all be more civil than we have been and our country has been.

What if I promise to troll regardless of who wins. Does that also have the spirit of the thread?

:Edit: I am trying to be funny is all. I am not actually a troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 of us in.  Come ya’ll we can do better then that.  Can we get to 30 before the election coverage gets hot and heavy?

As the next few days play out it’s bound to be contentious, no matter the result or possible lack there of.  With that said can we create a social contract with each other here in this thread?  An agreement ahead of time that you will not “dunk” on the other side, gloat, play I told ya so games, etc etc.  In other word be the type of “winner” or “loser” you’d teach your kid to be.   Please “sign” here if you agree to abide by this social contract over the coming days ahead and be a part of the solution as we move forward and not a part of the problem.  Please and thank you.  

dkp993
nobody on my ignore list liked this post

:lol:

I kid, I kid

my town is boarded up like there's a Category 5 barrelling down on us.

be cool and stay safe everyone.

I'm in.  

Now can we do one of these where we say  "I promise not to use ____,  __________, or ________ for info anymore" so we can have more rational discourse?  ;)  

dkp993
Wellll......I"m going to need some beer.....  :homer:

Signed.

This place (for the most part) is usually pretty decent.  

Twitter and Facebook typically show the extremes people think.  I've seen a lot of "If you voted for Trump, you're evil and I hope you're depressed and miserable right now."

People don't stop and ask themselves "Do I want good or evil?" There are any number of reasons people voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020.  And I think in some settings, the narrative has become if you vote the wrong way--you're evil.  

Most of the people here don't pull that.  And I appreciate it.  We disagree on how to interpret the facts and sometimes even what is and isn't fact.  But you guys from all sides are decent peeps.  

Signed.

This place (for the most part) is usually pretty decent.  

Twitter and Facebook typically show the extremes people think.  I've seen a lot of "If you voted for Trump, you're evil and I hope you're depressed and miserable right now."

People don't stop and ask themselves "Do I want good or evil?" There are any number of reasons people voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020.  And I think in some settings, the narrative has become if you vote the wrong way--you're evil.  

Most of the people here don't pull that.  And I appreciate it.  We disagree on how to interpret the facts and sometimes even what is and isn't fact.  But you guys from all sides are decent peeps.  
Agree with this whole post.  

As contentious as it can get around here sometimes I truly believe this is the best place I’ve ever found to talk politics. It’s an insanely passionate topic and when you add in the anonymity of a forum it’s a toxic mixture. But Joe and the team have done a great job in my opinion managing a difficult situation.  

I truly enjoyed this group of people and I’m glad the last few days hasn’t gone badly here as it could have. The overwhelming majority of people have been cool and that’s been awesome to witness.  

Users who are viewing this thread