What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A Note on the Timing of Buy Low/Sell High (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom

Footballguy
Staff member
Many of you have requested that Buy Low/Sell High appear earlier in the week because that's when the trade market is active. While I've intended to move it earlier in the week and have been able to do that later in the season in the past, I have been unsuccessful this year.

Since I've become a partner here I am basically running at full capacity Sun-Thr every week for 12-14 hours a day and accomplish about as much as I can and still keep it at a level that I still feel is worthy of y'all. Buy Low, Sell High is the last article of the week because it is the culmination of all of my review of the previous week and projection/research of the upcoming week that makes up the work I put out Sun-Thr. If I try to take it out of the oven on Tuesday or Wednesday, it is half-baked...

That being said, I could change the format to something more like a blog that gets updated throughout the week as I gain clarity on the takes in the process of creating the work for that week.

In addition, I try to make myself available on Twitter, although the volume and growing workload otherwise has made it very hard to do that with any sort of consistency.

Long story short, I'll try to do better to address this in the future, but right now my weekly workflow is a formula that is really hard to change on the fly.

So, please ask any trade related questions you want here and I'll check in and answer them periodically, and I'll do the same every week from here on out. And earlier in the week than Wednesday (sorry) - I'll attempt to post the pinned thread Monday Night.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and for reading and listening along. Without y'all I would never get to do this, and that is a great gift that I hope to return with some good advice, or at least infotainment and company on the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know personally you've answered at least 1 question a week for me. And Sundays are cray on your thread. Keep doing your thing. I appreciate the time you take for us all.

Sigmund, thanks for everything. Your hard work is appreciated. I love the product and the willingness to adapt to our requests on a continuing basis. That's why you, and the other footballguys are awesome!

Just a note to Emminence. Sellig high does not mean selling while stoned.

It's always hard to get a deal done and i love the buy low sell high articles.

What are some of the steal trades you are seeing with the ultimate sell highs and buy lows?

It's late in the year but some of us can still make moves - I personally need 2/3 wins the next few weeks to get into playoffs

What are some of the steal trades you are seeing with the ultimate sell highs and buy lows?

It's late in the year but some of us can still make moves - I personally need 2/3 wins the next few weeks to get into playoffs
if you like christine michael in dynasty, now is the time to pounce. his owners are starting to cool off on him. got a 2016 and michael for moncrief

Sigmund, thanks for everything. Your hard work is appreciated.
I really, really agree with this. I've always found your thoughts the most accessible with getting emotional about players and getting excitable. Your input is arguably among the most valuable on this entire site. And your work on the podcasts is beyond fantastic. Thank you for all of YOUR time and attention. It really is greatly appreciated.

Buylow/Sellhigh is literally one of the main reasons why I pay for FBGs.
Same here! The fact that Bloom pinned a thread and conveyed to us that maybe the article can be moved up earlier in the week is enough for me. I appreciate your hard work and dedication.

Thanks for all the hard work Sig, love everything you and the staff put out. BTW On the couch is my favorite fantasy related podcast hands down. Great stuff

Thanks for all the hard work Sig, love everything you and the staff put out. BTW On the couch is my favorite fantasy related podcast hands down. Great stuff
Concur. It's the one podcast I have to listen to each week. I like the one guest format and like the in depth discussions. I know it's not possible but I wish it were longer. The hour seems to very quickly. ... Why don't you guys (you and Cecil) have a show on Sirius? Most of those guys are jokers and I find both of you much more informative and entertaining.

Concur. It's the one podcast I have to listen to each week. I like the one guest format and like the in depth discussions. I know it's not possible but I wish it were longer. The hour seems to very quickly. ... Why don't you guys (you and Cecil) have a show on Sirius? Most of those guys are jokers and I find both of you much more informative and entertaining.
Man, you nailed it! I just can't listen to many of the hosts on Sirius, especially those Roto "experts." On the couch is without a doubt my favorite show each week as well

Guests I'd like to hear on the couch :

James Brown, Bradshaw, Chris Harris, Fabiano, Berry, JB and Dodds (again), some other FBG staffers - Pasquino, Drinen, Tremblay

Any other suggestions?

First I want to say that I love what you all do and the love you all do it with. Thanks for everything. My job allows me to listen to podcasts all day long and having you and the fellas in my ear all week long is beautiful.

Like many others I lost Carson Palmer last week. This weekend I was offered Drew Brees for Emmanuel Sanders.

The league is a basic PPR league, pretty vanilla, 12 teams.
1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-1 FLEX (WR/RB/TE) (K, DST, 6 bench)

However QB TDs are only 4 points. All others 6 points.

My current roster is the following:
QB - Streaming
WR - Emmanuel Sanders, Edelman, ODB, Kelvin Benjamin, Josh Gordon
RB - Terrance West, CJ Anderson, Fred Jackson, Justin Forsett, Theo Riddick
TE - Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski
K -Streaming
D/ST- Streaming

I wanted to buy low on Brees but unfortunately I don't think this guy is gonna let me. My gut says to decline the offer because TDs are only four points. The Saints nice schedule down the stretch and a Brees/Graham combo makes it tempting but losing a piece of the Denver offense seems like a bad move. I previously offered Edelman, Benjamin and Riddick for Brees but he declined. Would you stick with a streaming QB (or maybe target a Sanchez for a lower price) in a four point QB TD league?

Anyhow, answer at your leisure. If you don't that's cool too. I mostly wanted to let you know how much I enjoy all the hard work you and your colleagues put into all of this. Regardless of my wins and losses (and frustrations) each year it never diminishes the enjoyment I get from being steeped in this fantasy teapot every week. Thanks again for everything.

First I want to say that I love what you all do and the love you all do it with. Thanks for everything. My job allows me to listen to podcasts all day long and having you and the fellas in my ear all week long is beautiful.

Like many others I lost Carson Palmer last week. This weekend I was offered Drew Brees for Emmanuel Sanders.

The league is a basic PPR league, pretty vanilla, 12 teams.

1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-1 FLEX (WR/RB/TE) (K, DST, 6 bench)

However QB TDs are only 4 points. All others 6 points.

My current roster is the following:

QB - Streaming

WR - Emmanuel Sanders, Edelman, ODB, Kelvin Benjamin, Josh Gordon

RB - Terrance West, CJ Anderson, Fred Jackson, Justin Forsett, Theo Riddick

TE - Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski

K -Streaming

D/ST- Streaming

I wanted to buy low on Brees but unfortunately I don't think this guy is gonna let me. My gut says to decline the offer because TDs are only four points. The Saints nice schedule down the stretch and a Brees/Graham combo makes it tempting but losing a piece of the Denver offense seems like a bad move. I previously offered Edelman, Benjamin and Riddick for Brees but he declined. Would you stick with a streaming QB (or maybe target a Sanchez for a lower price) in a four point QB TD league?

Anyhow, answer at your leisure. If you don't that's cool too. I mostly wanted to let you know how much I enjoy all the hard work you and your colleagues put into all of this. Regardless of my wins and losses (and frustrations) each year it never diminishes the enjoyment I get from being steeped in this fantasy teapot every week. Thanks again for everything.
id go for it and gamble on gordon replacing sanders in your lineup. thanks for the kind words!

if you like christine michael in dynasty, now is the time to pounce. his owners are starting to cool off on him. got a 2016 and michael for moncrief
Really? I've been patient with Michael and we just got a little tease. As a dynasty owner, 2015 has always been my target. Seems crazy for someone who has held him for the better part of two seasons to jump ship now.

Of course, this guy could be really high on Moncrief. I own both players and love the talent/opportunity in the Colt's offense.

Many of you have requested that Buy Low/Sell High appear earlier in the week because that's when the trade market is active. While I've intended to move it earlier in the week and have been able to do that later in the season in the past, I have been unsuccessful this year.

Since I've become a partner here I am basically running at full capacity Sun-Thr every week for 12-14 hours a day and accomplish about as much as I can and still keep it at a level that I still feel is worthy of y'all. Buy Low, Sell High is the last article of the week because it is the culmination of all of my review of the previous week and projection/research of the upcoming week that makes up the work I put out Sun-Thr. If I try to take it out of the oven on Tuesday or Wednesday, it is half-baked...

That being said, I could change the format to something more like a blog that gets updated throughout the week as I gain clarity on the takes in the process of creating the work for that week.

In addition, I try to make myself available on Twitter, although the volume and growing workload otherwise has made it very hard to do that with any sort of consistency.

Long story short, I'll try to do better to address this in the future, but right now my weekly workflow is a formula that is really hard to change on the fly.

So, please ask any trade related questions you want here and I'll check in and answer them periodically, and I'll do the same every week from here on out. And earlier in the week than Wednesday (sorry) - I'll attempt to post the pinned thread Monday Night.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and for reading and listening along. Without y'all I would never get to do this, and that is a great gift that I hope to return with some good advice, or at least infotainment and company on the ride.
as someone who has always wanted this article early in the week, it makes sense why it takes so long. I would rather wait for a quailty article then a rushed half baked version. I do think the blog might be an interesting concept/compromise. Maybe a quick and dirty "early targets" post prior to analysis.

Also, for those that want this info early, you definiely should follow sig on twitter as he is giving out analysis like this all the time.

Thanks as always for the thorough work that you do Oh kudos for playing Dr. Octagon the other day!! :thumbup:

Really? I've been patient with Michael and we just got a little tease. As a dynasty owner, 2015 has always been my target. Seems crazy for someone who has held him for the better part of two seasons to jump ship now.

Of course, this guy could be really high on Moncrief. I own both players and love the talent/opportunity in the Colt's offense.
talk of lynch being gone next year is heating up and michael flashed on his carries last week. buy low window might have already shut. fYI it was a 2016 2nd, not sure how i missed that

Users who are viewing this thread