What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A-Rod #1 in a start 2 QB league? (1 Viewer)

Da Guru

Fair & Balanced
This is my first time in a league that starts two QBs and I have the first pick. Loaded everything into the DD and it spit out A-Rod as #1. Looked at the draft from last years league and if I wait until last pick second round I will be sucking hind teet at the QB position.

Two QBs guys please chime in for strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with Rodgers at #1 in a 2-QB league.

RBs and WRs will fall further than you anticipate as well, so there will still be great choices left at the 2/3 turn.

depends on the chances of guys like romo and schaub lasting until your next pick. if you have a good shot at cj/romo/schaub i would def go rb.

19 years in a 2 qb league and only time a QB was drafted #1 overall was our first year (Jim Everett). We were all noobs. This year Brees went 5, Rodgers 7 and Manning 11.

Sweet Love said:
Limp Ditka said:
Multiple Scores said:
A-Rod is a New York Yankee last time I checked, when did he start playing QB?
Last time I checked, A-Rod's not a registered trademark
Did you really check with the USPTO as to whether the name was trade marked? If so, who within the agency did you check with?
Trust me. I know people

Back on topic.

I'd take Rodgers #1 and not think twice. I think he's the most likely of all the QBs to score 40 TDs. His offensive line was horrendous for the first half of 09, and he still managed to throw for 30 and rush for another 5. I've seen nothing to indicate he'll be worse than a year ago, and have a pretty solid feeling he'll be better.

Sweet Love said:
Limp Ditka said:
Multiple Scores said:
Did you really check with the USPTO as to whether the name was trade marked? If so, who within the agency did you check with?
Please ........A-Rod has and will continue to refer to Alex Rodriguez. You can argue to the contrary, but .......... Common knowledge is not without it's own merits. MFM

Hoart Petterson said:
19 years in a 2 qb league and only time a QB was drafted #1 overall was our first year (Jim Everett). We were all noobs. This year Brees went 5, Rodgers 7 and Manning 11.
our 10 team 2qb league had 7 qbs off the board in the first round alone with 12 in the first 2 rounds.

Hoart Petterson said:
I should add we start 3 rb's and 4 wr's though.

CJ, if he even approaches last year's numbers, will give you more separation from his own position. Kinda depends on how heavy the QB scoring is.

CalBear said:
Limp Ditka said:
Multiple Scores said:
Last time I checked, it's still a stupid nickname for Aaron Rodgers.
This."Rod" (as in "A Rod" or "I Rod") - has always been short for Rodriguez, not Rodgers. Are we all gonna start calling the guy on Public TV "F-Rod" - :banned:Typing "Rodgers" is exactly 2 characters longer than "A-Rod" - and makes it much clearer who you are talking about.This is worse than "D-Jax", "S-Jax", "Action-Jax", etc.

I picked 4th last night. Someone took Rdogers at 2 ruining my original strategy. I went with AP at 4th (3rd took Rice for whatever reason). By my turn in the 2nd, 7 QBs were gone. I was planning on going with Flacco in the 3rd but the guy that took rodgers took Flacco too. So again, I waited. Ended up with what you see below. Its pretty much a QBBC strategy but I feel my RB's and WR's are very good from it.

I have been in a start 2 QB league for the past 5 years, and there is usually 2-3 QB's taken in the first round and another 2-3 QB's taken in the 2nd, but never with the first overall pick. This year it went Rodgers at 5, Brees at 8, and Manning at 11....next QB taken was Romo at 18.

If you are that worried about taking a QB with your first pick, i would try to trade down, but personally i would stick with CJ or ADP. Especially if its a league lower than 12 people.

T-Bra not a bad choice either, but to me M-Sch is the real value in the 1st tier. Him or T-Rom.
I think a high risk/high reward pick for the second QB is more important. B-Roe or J-Del, maybe D-Mc or even B-Fav will turn some heads on draft day.

Go with P-Man. I think if you're going to use a #1 on a QB, you need one with guaranteed consistency.
As a dynatsy owner, I'm a big fan of P-Man...or should it be "the P-Man" :thumbup: In later rounds, as a #2 I like J-Free - his young WRs like A-Ben and M-Will are going to most of the damage (even though some think C-Will will). K-Win is also a nice weapon for J-Free at TE.

I just finished up a start 2 qb draft out of the two hole (standard scoring ppr - 2qb 2rb 3 WR 1 flex (wr/te) k def):

1 - Chris Johnson

2 - Tom Brady

3 - R. White

4 - Boldin

5 - Finley

6 - Welker

7 - R Bush

8 - Palmer

9 - Caddy

10 - V Young

scrubs...

I was pleased with being able to get brady at the end of the second (Manning 1.1, rodgers 1.7, brees 1.10 and Romo 2.4) and have a platoon with Palmer and VY. If i would have gone with rodgers early I would have had to take RB in the second or third and probably the 4th. My WR core would not have been nearly as strong as it turned out. I think taking QB early is a bad move....

I'd go with E-man over P-man and then draft C-shil and J-gaf with j-fin and j-wit at TE..

then, I'd look to draft J-bes and a-fos at RB, sprinkle in some m-cros @ kicker and b-roe as a backup QB and you're golden.

;)

reading these CB Radio 'handles' is as painful as watching Tiger Woods and his caddy trying to high-five each other

:whistle:

if your league starts 2 QB's Rodgers would be considered a #1/2 QB.

When someone has a two-letter first name, does that mean we drop one off the last three?

eg

CJ-Sp

or drop second letter for first name

C-Spi

??

Let's try to get this wrapped up before the season starts. Things could get confusing.

When someone has a two-letter first name, does that mean we drop one off the last three?egCJ-Spor drop second letter for first nameC-Spi??Let's try to get this wrapped up before the season starts. Things could get confusing.
C-Spi is definitely the choice that rolls off the tongue easier... :lmao:

Really all depends on your scoring... your league drafting tendencies.

In our league QBs & RBs basically score the same and the drafting trend has progressively gotten very QB heavy.. this year 15 qbs went in the 1st 2 rounds... the guy who went RB-RB- WR got Chris Johnson/Mendenhall/ Randy Moss.. but then has to start 2 QBs from Hasselback/Lienart/Freeman and obviously there is not a starter left as a free agent.

Users who are viewing this thread