What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A Scouts 2008 Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Not bad. I have a hard time seeing the Pats taking McFadden. But they are always loose cannons on draft day.

Calais Campbell may have played himself out of the first round entirely, much less the top 10.

I still don't see Slaton as a first round, NFL type RB.

This looks a lot like the mock I did last week. Link

Last edited by a moderator:
1) I didn't realize the Pat's had the 49ers pick this year. Does anybody think this makes Goodell's punishment a joke (costing the Pat's a 1st rounder)? If he wanted to punish them correctly, wouldn't he have just banished them from the entire 1st round?

2) I don't care who the Lions are projected to pick, it could be the Kool-Aid man...if we are picking at #27, I think I will have pissed and crapped my pants every day from the end of the football season until training camp. I have to find out who wrote the article...he's my new favorite person.

3) No way McFadden falls to #5. I understand the team needs of the current bad-record teams, but still...I can't see it.

1) I didn't realize the Pat's had the 49ers pick this year. Does anybody think this makes Goodell's punishment a joke (costing the Pat's a 1st rounder)? If he wanted to punish them correctly, wouldn't he have just banished them from the entire 1st round?2) I don't care who the Lions are projected to pick, it could be the Kool-Aid man...if we are picking at #27, I think I will have pissed and crapped my pants every day from the end of the football season until training camp. I have to find out who wrote the article...he's my new favorite person.3) No way McFadden falls to #5. I understand the team needs of the current bad-record teams, but still...I can't see it.
Were you one of the guys saying there was "No way" Adrian Peterson feel to #7? This is why fantasy owners would make poor GMs. Certainly he's the unquestioned #1 rookie pick in fantasy drafts next year, but that doesn't mean NFL teams pick him there.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) I didn't realize the Pat's had the 49ers pick this year. Does anybody think this makes Goodell's punishment a joke (costing the Pat's a 1st rounder)? If he wanted to punish them correctly, wouldn't he have just banished them from the entire 1st round?

2) I don't care who the Lions are projected to pick, it could be the Kool-Aid man...if we are picking at #27, I think I will have pissed and crapped my pants every day from the end of the football season until training camp. I have to find out who wrote the article...he's my new favorite person.

3) No way McFadden falls to #5. I understand the team needs of the current bad-record teams, but still...I can't see it.
Actually, Miami now has a broken RB. The Jets will catch hell if they don't take McFadden (think Mike Nugent). The Falcons obviously aren't ready to give Norwood the full load. 7 teams passed on ADP. I don't think you'll see the same mistake next year...he's top-3 for sure.

Easily could. Jones has been the better Hogs back over the past month (if you want to say season, no issue with that at all either)I think people expect McFadden to be Peterson part 2. I think they're going to be disappointed. McFadden could be a very solid back at the NFL level. I just don't believe he's ever going to be in that elite category of All Day.

Actually, Miami now has a broken RB. The Jets will catch hell if they don't take McFadden (think Mike Nugent). The Falcons obviously aren't ready to give Norwood the full load. 7 teams passed on ADP. I don't think you'll see the same mistake next year...he's top-3 for sure.
McFadden would make a great addition to the Jets, or any team for that matter. But that line won't block any better for him than they are Thomas Jones. And the Jets' defense is atrocious.

1) I didn't realize the Pat's had the 49ers pick this year. Does anybody think this makes Goodell's punishment a joke (costing the Pat's a 1st rounder)? If he wanted to punish them correctly, wouldn't he have just banished them from the entire 1st round?2) I don't care who the Lions are projected to pick, it could be the Kool-Aid man...if we are picking at #27, I think I will have pissed and crapped my pants every day from the end of the football season until training camp. I have to find out who wrote the article...he's my new favorite person.3) No way McFadden falls to #5. I understand the team needs of the current bad-record teams, but still...I can't see it.
Were you one of the guys saying there was "No way" Adrian Peterson feel to #7? This is why fantasy owners would make poor GMs. Certainly he's the unquestioned #1 rookie pick in fantasy drafts next year, but that doesn't mean NFL teams pick him there.
No, I was the one saying "Please Matt Millen, fix everything you've ever done wrong and take Peterson."This has nothing to do with fantasy sports...McFadden is the best talent at a skill position in the draft. He has no question marks surrounding him...an absolute beast. And by the way, I always have 2 WR's by the end of the 3rd round.

Users who are viewing this thread