What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A true story about owning more than one FF team. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bath Salts
Likely the only way to ease the pain, I agree...I feel for you, Tronic. Don't let these heartless FF team hoarding whores bring you down. They haven't felt emotion since their mothers left them for their parents' marriage counselor. Emotion makes us human. I'm here for you........... brohan.
I find you both shallow and pedantic.
You sure you used the correct term there, sweetheart? Pedantic? Also, when a guy whose username involves being someone "jockstrap", your credibility on maturity is somewhat wavered.

A troll job is all in the follow up - there's an art to it. The title was brilliant, the initial thread was okay. The follow up burned it all to hell. :thumbdown:

So I have co owned a team with a friend of mine for the last ten years or so and last year I noticed he seemed to be pretty excited about other players. So I'm like what is up? He says he joined another league. What? Why would you do that? ,I say. He says that he likes to win and it gives him more of a chance. Really? Ok, that is true I said, I may be pretty dumb but I can do the math. BUT. . .to me FF football is about being an owner/GM of my own nfl team NOT playing the FF lottery. I felt like I was Tony Romo finding out that Jerry Jones bought the Browns to "diversify his portfolio". The jaguars dont get to draft two different sets of players to make sure they win. So my friend wants me to help him with his other league this year too. I told him no way, if I won a championship by playin more than one team I'd feel like a pregnant whore. . .thanks for listening.
It is really tough being a FF monogamist now days. There are way to many swingers out there. I am glad that you are sticking to your principles.

So I have co owned a team with a friend of mine for the last ten years or so and last year I noticed he seemed to be pretty excited about other players. So I'm like what is up? He says he joined another league. What? Why would you do that? ,I say. He says that he likes to win and it gives him more of a chance. Really? Ok, that is true I said, I may be pretty dumb but I can do the math. BUT. . .to me FF football is about being an owner/GM of my own nfl team NOT playing the FF lottery. I felt like I was Tony Romo finding out that Jerry Jones bought the Browns to "diversify his portfolio". The jaguars dont get to draft two different sets of players to make sure they win. So my friend wants me to help him with his other league this year too. I told him no way, if I won a championship by playin more than one team I'd feel like a pregnant whore. . .thanks for listening.
It is really tough being a FF monogamist now days. There are way to many swingers out there. I am glad that you are sticking to your principles.
Is it monogamy if they share a team?

Hansel: So I'm rappelling down Mount Vesuvius when suddenly I slip, and I start to fall. Just falling, AHHH AHHHHH!!, I'll never forget the terror. When suddenly I realize "Holy #####, Hansel, haven't you been smoking peyote for six straight days, and couldn't some of this maybe be in your head?"

Derek Zoolander: And?

Hansel: And it was. I was totally fine. I've never even been to Mount Vesuvius.

Yeah, the point of the thread was basically to voice an opinion through a story, that was mostly true, that I don't know how someone can root for a player one second and root against them the next cause they are playing against you in another league. That just doesn't sound fun to me. I play fantasy football for the love of the players that I picked and that I believe in. I think that is a better way to play. I'm cool if some or most disagree with that, but I posted the story in hopes that maybe just one person might see my point and embark on a new more fulfilling fantasy football journey :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread