What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Hernandez - Classic "Buy Low" Situation? (1 Viewer)

Ignoramus

Footballguy
Maybe not "classic" in every sense of the word, but I don't see his value going much lower at this point. Anyone else with a deep bench considering taking a flyer on him?

Classic in the sense that most of the time when you "buy low" you end up buying a perfumed bag with a doggie turd in it.

This is not meant to be an insult at all, but I have to say, I laughed when I read the title and "Started by Ignoramus" right below it.

Anyone else with a deep bench considering taking a flyer on him?
Not anymore. Even if Hernandez manages to beat the current murder rap, suspicion of his involvement in a 2012 double homicide sealed his NFL fate.

If he gets dropped in one of my dyno's and is available in the last few rounds of the vet draft - 45 man roster - depending on what happens over the next couple months I may add him. Have done the same before with Vick, Plax, Moss, among others.

If he gets dropped in one of my dyno's and is available in the last few rounds of the vet draft - 45 man roster - depending on what happens over the next couple months I may add him. Have done the same before with Vick, Plax, Moss, among others.
This guy gets it. I'd wager you've won multiple championships.

i bought Vick when he was still suspended.

i will be dropping Hernandez if i can't sell for a late pick by roster cut downs.

This is moronic.

And didn't need it's own thread. There are like 8 Hernandez threads on the front page. At least one specifically about his dynasty value, or lack thereof.

This is moronic.

And didn't need it's own thread. There are like 8 Hernandez threads on the front page. At least one specifically about his dynasty value, or lack thereof.
Thank you for you input, but that one had become too cluttered with a bunch of useless commentary. Trying to keep us focused on FF here.

This is moronic.And didn't need it's own thread. There are like 8 Hernandez threads on the front page. At least one specifically about his dynasty value, or lack thereof.
Thank you for you input, but that one had become too cluttered with a bunch of useless commentary. Trying to keep us focused on FF here.
Fair enough. Realize I sounded kinda like a #### there, thanks for not responding to it. As you can probably tell, I don't see Hernandez as a buy low. Especially not a "classic case". I'm all about buying low. I buy injured players, head cases, and underperforming young players constantly hoping to hit the lottery. Just don't see it here, he's royally screwed and actually has negative value on a dynasty roster because there are waiver wire prospects with a MUCH higher chance at being relevant at some point than Hernandez. You're basically throwing away a roster spot you could be using to churn through prospects.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll paypal $1 to the first person to link to the thread where they're talking about trolling the shark pool with this thread.

With what? Players who underperform when they return? lol

posted this in another thread but here goes

OK best case scenario is he beats the murder rap in 2yrs but he also has 5 counts on gun charges that carry serious time. So say he does 3 for the guns on top of the time it takes to bring him to trial....at best he's 5 years away from league sanctions.

By low

Randy Moss' 2007 says hi.

If I throw 20 of these darts at the very end of my bench and only one connects like that it's a winning strategy.

Funding a dog fighting ring and shooting yourself in the leg is a lot different than homicide.

Funding a dog fighting ring and shooting yourself in the leg is a lot different than homicide.
Well, yeah, it he is convicted of homicide then his career and life is over. Or he could do like Ray Lewis and get off with obstruction, see 'God' or whatever Ray pulled, and have a successful career.

Likelihood, 0.01%, probably less. In other words, similar odds that you're playing with player #40 on your roster anyway. Only more upside if it comes to fruition.

To be fair, Vick won many championships for people as a waiver pickup and an elite fantasy QB. It was after that that he was overvalued and underwhelming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, yeah, it he is convicted of homicide then his career and life is over. Or he could do like Ray Lewis and get off with obstruction, see 'God' or whatever Ray pulled, and have a successful career.Likelihood, 0.01%, probably less. In other words, similar odds that you're playing with player #40 on your roster anyway. Only more upside if it comes to fruition.
Have you noticed the gun charges???

Well, yeah, it he is convicted of homicide then his career and life is over. Or he could do like Ray Lewis and get off with obstruction, see 'God' or whatever Ray pulled, and have a successful career.Likelihood, 0.01%, probably less. In other words, similar odds that you're playing with player #40 on your roster anyway. Only more upside if it comes to fruition.
Have you noticed the gun charges???
Yep, do I have to bold, highlight, and underline the '0.01%, probably less' part?

I would be tempted to buy low, but this is not a buy low. This ####### shot somebody at least twice and now he will be going away for life. I don't think we will see him in the NFL, and if we ever did, he would not be the same gifted player that we have seen up to this point

If by "buy low" you mean from the very depths of Hell, sure.

And to think I almost traded Greg Jennings straight-up for him. Phew.

This is moronic.

It's a good thing DD made a thread about what the other 12 threads were missing. I think we are covered now.

Hernadez's situation is historical. I can't remember another alleged multi-murderer situation in my recollection of active NFL players (OJ was out already). The only way Hernadez could have less value in FF is he was dead. IMO.

The fact that people are still considering him a viable roster option tells me he is far from the lowest point he'll actually reach.

Which is worthless.

Even if he somehow beat the rap, there's no way I'd cheer for a guy who I'm pretty convinced was involved in the execution of another person.

Users who are viewing this thread