What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Stecker 100 yards! (1 Viewer)

Frenchy Fuqua

Footballguy
What Bush couldn't do in 12 games Stecker accomplishes in his first start. Stecker also chipped in 3 receptions, probably would have been closer to 5 if the game was close. Stecker did show some nice ability between the tackles and also oustide the tackles...he actually ran hard I thought. Can this guy post similar numbers as Bush in this O or was this a fluke against a pathetic Falcons D? Two home games coming against Arizona and Philly should mean some points for this O.

Stecker is shifty and a solid inside runner. And far more dependable than Bush as far as fumbles, dropped passes, etc.

I think you will see him put up some decent numbers over the next 3 games, assuming Payton doesn't get too pass happy.

Since for most of us there are only 2 games left, I think there are better options out there. When going with back-up guys like Stecker, match-ups are very important, and there are better options out there for those of us who are desperate.

Stecker goes against AZ's 10th rated def against the rush in wk 15 and follows up with Philly which is 8th rated against the rush. To cover my decimated RB2 situation, I'm probably going with Texan's Walker (assuming Dayne is out) against 29th rated Den for wk 15 (in wk 16 Hou plays 17th IND). And if i make it to wk 16, I'll probably switch to KC's K Smith against Detroit.

I'm not gonna pick up stecker with his schedule and I doubt whether he'll see 100 yards again this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm certainly not counting on another 100 yard rushing game but if he can get 60-70 rushing, 4-5 receptions and some chances around the goalline I think he make a nice replacement for those of us boned by Bush at the worst possible time. He certainly seemed to be in all of their packages (3rd down, goalline) tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since for most of us there are only 2 games left, I think there are better options out there. When going with back-up guys like Stecker, match-ups are very important, and there are better options out there for those of us who are desperate. Stecker goes against AZ's 10th rated def against the rush in wk 15 and follows up with Philly which is 8th rated against the rush. To cover my decimated RB2 situation, I'm probably going with Texan's Walker (assuming Dayne is out) against 29th rated Den for wk 15 (in wk 16 Hou plays 17th IND). And if i make it to wk 16, I'll probably switch to KC's K Smith against Detroit.I'm not gonna pick up stecker with his schedule and I doubt whether he'll see 100 yards again this season.
You make some very good points regarding Stecker, but I have had the displeasure of watching the Cardinals downward spiral the last few weeks. I would not be surprised to see Stecker have a very good game against the Cards. This is a team ready to implode, fist fight in the locker room after the Hawks game with Dockett and some scrub questioning Dockett's decisions.I see the Saints getting up early and running the ball hard the 2nd half. I hope to start Bree's and Stecker on Sunday.

Kolby Smith had 2 points in my league this week against Denver's 29th ranked rushing offense. Between Walker, Smith and Stecker I'm going to start Stecker next week because he may have a very low ceiling but also has a very low floor. His numbers have been consistent the past few weeks and his performance tonight was enough to keep Thomas off the field in the upcoming couple of weeks where they NEED to win games.

yeh denver's rush D has tightened up. Stecker has proven he can catch out the backfeild and they went to him a handful of times when he was spelling bush or replacing him while he was hurt. If you're in a PPR league, he can be a good RB2.

Kolby Smith had 2 points in my league this week against Denver's 29th ranked rushing offense. Between Walker, Smith and Stecker I'm going to start Stecker next week because he may have a very low ceiling but also has a very low high floor. His numbers have been consistent the past few weeks and his performance tonight was enough to keep Thomas off the field in the upcoming couple of weeks where they NEED to win games.
fixed, and good point, though I'd still like to see PT get a little more playing time.

Aaron Stecker is giving me the games I'd hoped to get from Reggie Bush! Rotoworld reports that Bush may try to return this week, I sure hope not.

Aaron Stecker is giving me the games I'd hoped to get from Reggie Bush! Rotoworld reports that Bush may try to return this week, I sure hope not.
:) just waltzed into my league title game with Stecker's 29 pt day in a ppr league.who'd of thought this guy would be such a factor. I'll be starting him w/ confidence next week.

Stecker looked very good today, even better than the stats indicate (and he had 140 total yards).

One thing for sure, he makes Bush look worse with every carry.

any truth to the comment about Bush possibly suiting up next week?
i don't see why they would rush him back. stecker/thomas seem to be carrying the load just fine. the offense is clicking. the saints are on a roll. i don't think he'll return unless they make the playoffs.

tommyGunZ said:
Frenchy Fuqua said:
:confused: just waltzed into my league title game with Stecker's 29 pt day in a ppr league.who'd of thought this guy would be such a factor. I'll be starting him w/ confidence next week.
Congrats TG...I left him on my bench behind LT and Portis.

I left Stecker on my bench in favor of Fargas. :thumbup: I figured that New Orleans would be pass happy and Stecker wouldn't get enough touches, while I didn't foresee Fargas getting much competition for touches. While Fargas had an ok game, it was not up to Stecker's game. However I was fortunate enough to win the game without Stecker and advance to the Championship game. :goodposting:

Defenses game plan for Reggie Bush and key on him. Give Stecker a few more games as a sleeper RB and he will start getting the same attention from defenses Bush got.

Defenses game plan for Reggie Bush and key on him. Give Stecker a few more games as a sleeper RB and he will start getting the same attention from defenses Bush got.
I don't know that he'll ever get the focus that Bush would from opposing defenses + the Saint's passing game is clicking on all cylinders right now. I doubt he's got another 2 TD performance in him, but he looks like a solid option for the many, many owners that lost RBs to injury.

bump - who's rolling the dice with Stecker this week? He's so productive it's tough to bench him, but if Bush is active he'll likely render Stecker more of a borderline flex play.

He's in my lineup over Fred Taylor right now, but if I find out Bush is definitely going to play, I may reconsider.

bump - who's rolling the dice with Stecker this week? He's so productive it's tough to bench him, but if Bush is active he'll likely render Stecker more of a borderline flex play.He's in my lineup over Fred Taylor right now, but if I find out Bush is definitely going to play, I may reconsider.
:thumbup: Taylor's gonna be on oxygen by half time after running a 10K against that Oakland "run defense."

Thought about it...but I like the Kolby vs. Detroit, KJ vs. KC, and Watson vs. Cleveland matchups better. Philly is a bit better against the run. (Id also actually go with Portis over Stecker this week and want to get Portis into my lineup, but those matchups just seem too good...which means KJ and Kolby will get 10 carries total).

Reggie Bush-RB-Saints Dec. 23 - 11:04 am et

ESPN's John Clayton doesn't expect Reggie Bush (knee) to be available Sunday against the Eagles.

We'll have the inactives up shortly, but the scenario of Bush being active for any sort of role seemed unlikely all along. Aaron Stecker will start. - Rotoworld.

Stecker with yet another monster performance. He'll go down in the Fantasy Football HOF as the Volek/Muhammed of 2007.

THANK YOU AARON STECKER!!!!

tommyGunZ said:
Stecker with yet another monster performance. He'll go down in the Fantasy Football HOF as the Volek/Muhammed of 2007.THANK YOU AARON STECKER!!!!
Aaron Stecker can definitely count me in as a new fan... these last two weeks were just what I needed.

tommyGunZ said:
Stecker with yet another monster performance. He'll go down in the Fantasy Football HOF as the Volek/Muhammed of 2007.THANK YOU AARON STECKER!!!!
Aaron Stecker can definitely count me in as a new fan... these last two weeks were just what I needed.
Same here and I almost benched him for Kolby Smith this morning.

tommyGunZ said:
Why did the Saints pay all that money for Bush..when they got Stecker and better production from a dollar store?This is a funny game.

tommyGunZ said:
Why did the Saints pay all that money for Bush..when they got Stecker and better production from a dollar store?This is a funny game.
They should have taken D'Brick.

tommyGunZ said:
He has not been as advertised either. Mario Williams looks like the pick, afterall.They should have taken D'Brick.

Users who are viewing this thread